Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Heroes Question & Answer Thread - Check Here First

XanderKage

[81]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 4

Right, present Peter situation solved (I realised he survived Sylar going nuclear only after I posted). But future Peter... I mean with the Haitian gone, shouldn't all of his acquired powers return, including regeneration. Or is it like he needs to use his own power to use his acquired powers, but he can't do that because he's dead..?

In an non-related story - if Clair is killed next to the Haitian, will she regenerate when he's gone? Or is the only way to kill her is to remove her head from the vicinity of her body (like colorfully shown in one of the episodes..) I mean even if she technically won't die - it's just her head.. Not much she can do there..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

actknee

[82]Jan 14, 2009
    XanderKage wrote:

Right, present Peter situation solved (I realised he survived Sylar going nuclear only after I posted). But future Peter... I mean with the Haitian gone, shouldn't all of his acquired powers return, including regeneration. Or is it like he needs to use his own power to use his acquired powers, but he can't do that because he's dead..?

In an non-related story - if Clair is killed next to the Haitian, will she regenerate when he's gone? Or is the only way to kill her is to remove her head from the vicinity of her body (like colorfully shown in one of the episodes..) I mean even if she technically won't die - it's just her head.. Not much she can do there..

As you recall, Arthur took all his powers. He then injected himself with the formula to get his natural power back so he can save Nathan. So he is pretty much almost back to square one.

The future is then altered. If being shot by Claire was the only encounter they have, in the future, then he doesn't have regen.

Man_Of_Miracles

[83]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    XanderKage wrote:

Or is it like he needs to use his own power to use his acquired powers, but he can't do that because he's dead..?

Precisely.

XanderKage wrote:

By my reasoning, Claire would survive even if the Haitian was present, she would regenerate once he left, because her basic power is regeneration.

actknee wrote:
    As you recall, Arthur took all his powers. He then injected himself with the formula to get his natural power back so he can save Nathan. So he is pretty much almost back to square one.

The future is then altered. If being shot by Claire was the only encounter they have, in the future, then he doesn't have regen.

Not sure what you're on about. I assume you're saying Future Peter didn't have regeneration, because of Arthur stealing Present Peter's abilities?

It simply doesn't make sense.

What Arthur did, certainly created the possibility of futures where Peter didn't have regeneration, but it wouldn't work retroactively to affect Future Peter.

It would violate causality. From the point where Future Peter traveled back in time, in the premiere, he ceased to be the same Peter as the one we knew. So any change which Peter goes through, wouldn't effect Future Peter.

The Multi- or Super-verse based ideas also convieniently avoid lots of paradoxes.

XanderKage

[84]Jan 15, 2009
    Cool, thanks.

Man_Of_Miracles

[85]Jan 15, 2009

The thing about Claire, is kind of unknown at this point.

However, given the current evidence regarding healing and regeneration (self or otherwise) in the Heroes universe (Linderman, Adam/Claire, the blood) we can safely assume certain things about the nature of death, what happens to the brain, the limitations of regeneration, ect.

Although I should point out that I was saying Claire could survive the Haitian, not a Highlander-style decapatation.

----------------------------------------------

Hmm, I should play Max Payne again...

Edited on 01/15/2009 6:12am

thetruesora

[86]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    With Peter, the writers have stated that he doesn't have the full effect of Claire's ability (Peter will still age) where as Sylar does.

actknee

[87]Jan 15, 2009
    Man_Of_Miracles wrote:
    XanderKage wrote:

Or is it like he needs to use his own power to use his acquired powers, but he can't do that because he's dead..?

Precisely.

XanderKage wrote:

By my reasoning, Claire would survive even if the Haitian was present, she would regenerate once he left, because her basic power is regeneration.

actknee wrote:

Not sure what you're on about. I assume you're saying Future Peter didn't have regeneration, because of Arthur stealing Present Peter's abilities?

It simply doesn't make sense.

What Arthur did, certainly created the possibility of futures where Peter didn't have regeneration, but it wouldn't work retroactively to affect Future Peter.

It would violate causality. From the point where Future Peter traveled back in time, in the premiere, he ceased to be the same Peter as the one we knew. So any change which Peter goes through, wouldn't effect Future Peter.

The Multi- or Super-verse based ideas also convieniently avoid lots of paradoxes.

I do understand what you meant; it was also explain by Michio Kaku, an outspoken physicist. But you also mentioned that this is a "Heroes universe". Maybe for simplicity, the writers might stick with a linear history.

Man_Of_Miracles

[88]Jan 15, 2009
    actknee wrote:

I do understand what you meant; it was also explain by Michio Kaku, an outspoken physicist. But you also mentioned that this is a "Heroes universe". Maybe for simplicity, the writers might stick with a linear history.

So...you agree(?).

OminousShadow87

[89]Jan 19, 2009
    Future Peter met Claire in the very first episode of Season 3, thus gaining her ability if he didn't already have it. He didn't die until a few episodes later. He DID have regen at the time he was shot.

The_void_68

[90]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 18

Two questions from me:

1) Does anybody know what date Heroes is coming back on in the UK?

2) When Peter injected himself with the new ability at the end of Volume 3, did he get his old ability back or just the ability to fly?

Thanks.

thetruesora

[91]Jan 26, 2009
    The_void_68 wrote:

Two questions from me:

2) When Peter injected himself with the new ability at the end of Volume 3, did he get his old ability back or just the ability to fly?

Thanks.

1) No mention has been given of an airdate.
    2) Peter got back his mimicry.

Man_Of_Miracles

[92]Jan 26, 2009
    thetruesora wrote:
    2) Peter got back his mimicry...probably.
    Fixed.

SHUCKLEMAN

[93]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 11
    The_void_68 wrote:

Two questions from me:

Thanks.

The air dates for the UK haven't been confirmed yet.

However, we can deduce that:

1. It won't be too long until it does start airing.
    2. The BBC will wait to air A Clear and Present Danger in such a way that we won't have any more breaks for the rest of the season. It's likely that there will be a few Heroes-less weeks during Volume 4 in the USA, but the BBC will wait a few weeks before beginning Volume 4, so that the UK doesn't have a Heroes-less week.
    3. It might be on Thursdays like season 2 was, to avoid clashing with The Apprentice. However, if the BBC doesn't see Heroes as too much of a threat to its other programs, they may still air at the same time.

OminousShadow87

[94]Jan 31, 2009
    Isn't there a way for you guys to abuse the lovely internet and watch the episodes on NBC.com or something after they air in the U.S.?

thetruesora

[95]Jan 31, 2009
    NBC.com lock it so only US viewers can watch it. The only way to see the episodes online after they are aired in the US is through illegal methods.

Man_Of_Miracles

[96]Jan 31, 2009
    thetruesora wrote:
    NBC.com lock it so only US viewers can watch it. The only way to see the episodes online after they are aired in the US is through illegal methods.

Not sure about the legality of it, but you can use a proxy to trick sites like that into thinking you're in the US.

However, download speeds will suffer greatly, so it's probably not worth it.

thetruesora

[97]Jan 31, 2009
    yes but since you are not in the US and using something to bypass/"trick" it into thinking you are, you are breaking rules and i'm sure it still counts as illegal.

thetruesora

[98]Feb 2, 2009
    Sorry to double post but I thought there would be more of a chance of people checking here this way. Volume 4 will start on BBC2 February 26th according to Tubetalk. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/tubetalk/plp/

chad28_69

[99]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 5
    There's a new movie that I think every person who enjoys hero will like PUSH.

cactusjack39

[100]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 30

Forget PUSH, I would rather see KNOWING.