Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Other (similar) series Heroes fans will enjoy

domino87

[1]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 10

I highly recommend all these shows, and with the strike talks still going nowhere, maybe you will have some extra time to check them out. I tried to stay with shows similar in concept and themes to Heroes but feel free to add your own recommendations.

Carnivale - A great series from HBO that deals with extraordinary people and battles of good/ evil. This series is very comic-book like as is Heroes.

The Lost Room - A miniseries from the Sci-Fi network. This series is similar to Heroes except instead of people havingspecial powers, certain objects havespecial powers. Overall very addicting and fast paced.

Battlestar Galactica - Absolutely great series from the Sci-Fi network. Set over 5000 years in the future, this space drama deals with many themes including good vs evil, what it is to be human, and the survival of the human race. Very very good sci-fi series.

Lost - This is a no brainer, you must have been living in a cave for the past 4 years if you havent heard about this show.

Jericho - I'm halfway through the first season, but its pretty good so far. Kind of like a mix between Battlestar Galactica and Lost.

The Wire - Absolutely the greatest show I've ever seen, and possibly all time. This show is not in any way similar to Heroes but I couldnt resist putting it on the list. Words cannot describe how truly great this show is. Well they could, but I would be writing for the next 8 hours and I dont feel like doing that. Theres a reason EVERY critic loves this show. In fact the 4th season has a 98/100 rating on metacritic.com - the highest ever for a tv show. Please check it out.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Patchi

[2]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 6
    I'm gonna plug Dexter again. Absolutely fantastic show. The most intelligent show I've seen in as far as I can remember. I actually prefer it to Heroes.

For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's basically about a seemingly normal forensics blood-spatter expert with the Miami Police Department, who is secretly emotionless, complacent, and harbors the intense desire to murder as a result of a traumatic experience he lived through as a boy. His foster father, a now-dead Miami cop, trained him to satisfy his homocidal urges by killing only those who deserve to die but have escaped the judicial system: serial killers, rapists, etc who have been wrongly set free, or have eluded capture. Dexter to this day lives by the strict, structured "code" taught to him by his foster father, whose first rule is to not get caught.

Whether or not that interests you, it is an absolutely gripping tale. Watch a couple episodes even if the first one doesn't hook you right away. Which it should. Because it's amazing.

bobert_20

[3]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 4
    domino87 wrote:

I highly recommend all these shows, and with the strike talks still going nowhere, maybe you will have some extra time to check them out. I tried to stay with shows similar in concept and themes to Heroes but feel free to add your own recommendations.

Carnivale - A great series from HBO that deals with extraordinary people and battles of good/ evil. This series is very comic-book like as is Heroes.

The Lost Room - A miniseries from the Sci-Fi network. This series is similar to Heroes except instead of people havingspecial powers, certain objects havespecial powers. Overall very addicting and fast paced.

Battlestar Galactica - Absolutely great series from the Sci-Fi network. Set over 5000 years in the future, this space drama deals with many themes including good vs evil, what it is to be human, and the survival of the human race. Very very good sci-fi series.

Lost - This is a no brainer, you must have been living in a cave for the past 4 years if you havent heard about this show.

Jericho - I'm halfway through the first season, but its pretty good so far. Kind of like a mix between Battlestar Galactica and Lost.

The Wire - Absolutely the greatest show I've ever seen, and possibly all time. This show is not in any way similar to Heroes but I couldnt resist putting it on the list. Words cannot describe how truly great this show is. Well they could, but I would be writing for the next 8 hours and I dont feel like doing that. Theres a reason EVERY critic loves this show. In fact the 4th season has a 98/100 rating on metacritic.com - the highest ever for a tv show. Please check it out.

I love both Heroes and Lost.

But i just don't see how the two are similar. I mean besides having a big cast.

gcmest24

[4]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 11
    I love Jericho and hope it gets back soon.

xXxBlueDragonxX

[5]Dec 19, 2007
    domino87 wrote:

I guess I must be a cave crawler as I haven't heard of Lost before I saw messages about it on this forum. I've been thinking about checking it out, but kept putting it off. I probably will next time I get a lot of free time.

marto_dd

[6]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 17

Alias. It's my favorite show of all times ^^ There is a lot of secret agents and prophecies form 15th century ^^ The characters are great. It's the best show I've ever seen and I love every moment of it ^^

The 4400. I think all Heroes fans would like The 4400. It's similar, just no so good as Heroes.

Kyle XY. It's good show and the characters are great. It's about a boy who can use 80% of his brain while the most people use less then 10%. It's great ^^

Edited on 12/19/2007 2:30pm

OminousShadow87

[7]Dec 19, 2007
    The Office. 'Nuff Said.

tvssecondchild

[8]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 14
    Just watch the 90's version of Fox Kid's X-men... many Heroes fans will recognize not only the character ideas, but also concepts and their origins.

Deadeye402

[9]Dec 19, 2007

domino87 wrote:

I don't know if most Heroes fans would enjoy this show. That being said, some do, myself included. It's my favorite show, and I don't think anything else comes close to its greatness.

Edited on 12/19/2007 10:53pm
    Edited 2 total times.

domino87

[10]Dec 20, 2007
    Deadeye402 wrote:

domino87 wrote:

I don't know if most Heroes fans would enjoy this show. That being said, some do, myself included. It's my favorite show, and I don't think anything else comes close to its greatness.

Yea I can never turn down an opportunity to try and get people hooked on my favorite show ever, so I had to throw it in there. As far as some of my recommendations not being similar to Heroes, Heroes is so different than every other show out there, its impossible to find more than a few shows to compare it to. So no, Lost isn't that similar to it, but it does have a group of at one time ordinary people, binding together to survive, which is kind of like Heroes in a sense.

Agent_M_Scarn

[11]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 1

OminousShadow87 wrote:
    The Office. 'Nuff Said.

Exactly.

MoCrovellie

[12]Dec 20, 2007
    The 4400 ofcourse, to bad it's cancelled now . And it could have been as good as heroes, but they didn't have the financial backing like Heroes does.

paoros16

[13]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 16
    x-men

jcbravo0

[14]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 3

I agree with you, I like also Alias and and the 4400. I haven´t seen much of Jericho but it seems promising.

OminousShadow87

[15]Dec 20, 2007
    jcbravo0 wrote:

I agree with you, I like also Alias and and the 4400. I haven´t seen much of Jericho but it seems promising.

I watched Jericho a couple time cuz it was on before Heroes, and I'll tell ya, that show is terrible. It belongs on the CW///WB////w/e you're area calls it. It's more like a teen drama then anything else, seriously.

gcmest24

[16]Dec 20, 2007
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    The Office. 'Nuff Said.
    how exactly is the office cool? it's nothing like heroes.

OminousShadow87

[17]Dec 20, 2007
    gcmest24 wrote:
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    The Office. 'Nuff Said.
    It's like in the sense that they are both excellent.

gcmest24

[18]Dec 20, 2007
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    gcmest24 wrote:
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    The Office. 'Nuff Said.
    I'm not gonna respond to that as it would be against TOS.

gcmest24

[19]Dec 20, 2007
    what about supernatural? they have 2 brothers fighting evil spirits, ghosts, beings, etc. all to save the innocent people of the world/america.

OminousShadow87

[20]Dec 20, 2007
    gcmest24 wrote:
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    gcmest24 wrote:
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    The Office. 'Nuff Said.
    I'm not gonna respond to that as it would be against TOS.
    TOS?