Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Peter & Adam

Step18

[1]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    So now that Peter has met Adam/Kensei, he has his power?

What's your thoughts on this one, as he already has Claires.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hopeless_Savage

[2]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    Well he's met him before anyway so already has it.
    And already has Claire's.
    Kinda a moot point really...

Step18

[3]Nov 6, 2007
    I mean when he first met him and he got his power is he absorbing a different power to Claires or is he absorbing an evolved form of it?

Hopeless_Savage

[4]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 9

I don't think of it in terms of evolved powers, but more in knowing how to tap into them more. So regardless of how advanced Adam is at controlling his abilities, Peter would still just get the base power. Then he needs to learn how to use it himself, like all his other ones.

(I believe that Claire and Adam have the same power)

Edited on 11/06/2007 7:16am

airjohnson006

[5]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    Step18 wrote:
    I mean when he first met him and he got his power is he absorbing a different power to Claires or is he absorbing an evolved form of it?

i think claire and kensei/adam have the same power. i know people will argue tht claire couldnt be immortal like adam because shes aged into her late teens, but kensei has also aged into wht looks like his twentys. my point is tht i think tht each of them only started to stop aging when their powers manifested, and therefore could indeed have the same power.

surfinbyrd

[6]Nov 6, 2007

when it comes to regeneration and immortality, i think you stop aging once your body has reached fullmaturity. I think Claire has a few years yet before she's completely done aging. And once that level is reached, your cells start to die which is what ages us in the face, in the body. but ifyour cells aren't dying, or are regenerating as fast as they are dying...thenyou would not age. soyou would not die.

I think that adam and claire have the same power, just like nathan and west have the same power. it's not weird - i mean there are only so many super powers. it's like two people having the same eye color...it happens. it doesn't necessarily mean that you're related in any way. but part of me thinks that maybe they are all related - all spawns of adam. is his name adam for a reason? coincidence that adam is the name of the "father" of us all? who knows.

its definitely an exciting storyline - and i'm very interested to seehow deepadam and peter's relationship goes!! the show's really picking up some speed now...thank god.

ThatShaneGuy

[7]Nov 6, 2007
    hey, there is a difference between aging and growing. Claire is still growing, not aging. Aging is when the body starts to degrade, this process starts in your 20's. Technically you don't start aging until your mid to early 20's (on average), before that you are growing. Growing and aging are different things. Growing is about reaching physical maturity, aging is about your body slowly breaking down.
    I don't think a regenerative power would stop you growing, but I do think it would stop aging. Claire getting older makes perfect sense... she's still growing.

SonGokuo

[8]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    To be completely fair, Adam might have time travelled somehow instead of living for centuries. Although I doubt it

bluebell019

[9]Nov 6, 2007
    SonGokuo wrote:
    To be completely fair, Adam might have time travelled somehow instead of living for centuries. Although I doubt it

I doubt that too because if he did get someone to time travel him to the past then he wouldn't have listened to Hiro from the began, he would probably plot some revenge when Hiro first met him.

rlp218

[10]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    Unless his origonal power was never really regeneration but emphatic mimiciry (peter's power). THat could be a reason they are together and it seems like there a team. But then again maybe not and he is just using peter as a puppet like the theories with other people who can control weather and stuff because he has so many powers.

Dunnie1982

[11]Nov 6, 2007

I don't believe Adam/Kensei has lived for a few hundred years. I think that after the explosion which he obviously lived through he went into hiding, learned more about his powers & somehow, not revealed to us yet, he was brought forward to modern day by either Hiro, or (more than likely) Peter or Syler (if Syler gets Hiros power eventually). He seems to know Peter so I think Peter may have brought him to modern day America. Also when Peter meets his mother she tells him that he is "the most powerful of us all","can go back in time" & "change history". She may know the stories about Takezo Kensei from Hiros dad & convince Peter to go back to see if he is real & bring him back with him if he is. I also think Kensei has powers more similar to Peters than Claires.

All just my opinion so make up your own minds.

Besides all my theories though it was the best episode of the series so far without a doubt.

ndk28

[12]Nov 6, 2007
    Was "Out of Time" the first epsiode Adam was in (sorry I missed the epsiode before this)?

Aldrius

[13]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    It was the first episode with Kensei as "adam" but not the first episode with Kensei.

ndk28

[14]Nov 6, 2007
    Thanks!

wilddog2k8

[15]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    Dunnie1982 wrote:

I don't believe Adam/Kensei has lived for a few hundred years. I think that after the explosion which he obviously lived through he went into hiding, learned more about his powers & somehow, not revealed to us yet, he was brought forward to modern day by either Hiro, or (more than likely) Peter or Syler (if Syler gets Hiros power eventually). He seems to know Peter so I think Peter may have brought him to modern day America. Also when Peter meets his mother she tells him that he is "the most powerful of us all","can go back in time" & "change history". She may know the stories about Takezo Kensei from Hiros dad & convince Peter to go back to see if he is real & bring him back with him if he is. I also think Kensei has powers more similar to Peters than Claires.

All just my opinion so make up your own minds.

Besides all my theories though it was the best episode of the series so far without a doubt.

...ook. How would it be possible for Peter to go back in time and bring Kensei/Adam with him if Adam was part of the first generation of Heroes...before Peter was even born??? I think Adam has been living for centuries and will never die unless someone sticks a largeshard of glass or a big piece of wood trough his head and doesnt take it out(from season 1). Same with Claire. They both are immortal; why would somebody who is immune to anything become old and wither away? Doesn't really make sense to me. The only way Adam would havebeen able to time travel was if he had Peter's power, and absorbed Hiro's power,but if that was so then he would not need the help of others to kill off his former group members.He could juss blow them all to hell with some sort ofpower that he absorbed from Peter, or use thier powers against them.

BigCopolski

[16]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    bluebell019 wrote:
    SonGokuo wrote:

I doubt that too because if he did get someone to time travel him to the past then he wouldn't have listened to Hiro from the began, he would probably plot some revenge when Hiro first met him.

or...
    kinsei could have found another time travelling hero sometime between the 1600's and 1900's, and made him take him to the founding of the company. (very doubtful)

mtamm

[17]Nov 7, 2007

Or...

When Hiro travelled back to the year 2007, he could have brought Adam there too inside the helmet. We know that Adam and Claire share the same ability and we know that they are able to regenerate themselves. Maybe some important piece of him survived in the explosion and he was able to regenerate himself in 2007.

willenburg07

[18]Nov 7, 2007
    mtamm wrote:

Or...

When Hiro travelled back to the year 2007, he could have brought Adam there too inside the helmet. We know that Adam and Claire share the same ability and we know that they are able to regenerate themselves. Maybe some important piece of him survived in the explosion and he was able to regenerate himself in 2007.

LOLOLOL....that was funny.

ThatShaneGuy

[19]Nov 7, 2007
    Guys, Adam is THE founding member of the original group. He was Linderman's and Matt's father's mentor. If you go with the time travel theory, then he needed to be brought back at least to when the current Heroes were just born. That means he still hasn't aged a day over the last 20 years at least. Not aging over 20 years or 350 years is not much different when you consider why he doesn't age.
    Being 350 years old makes perfect sense considering his power. He can heal from any damage. In case you didn't realise, aging is caused by the sun and our body damaging itself. If you had the power to repair any and all damage to your body, then, you wouldn't age. Peter, Claire and Adam/Kensei all don't age. They're not technically immortal, because we know they can be killed by stabbing them in the special spot in back of head, by they are pretty darn hard to kill so they are pretty much immortal. Also, I'd bet money ground zero of a nuclear blast would kill them as well (your atoms, not cells, but atoms, are vapourised... no power based on DNA and brain power could heal after having every strand of its DNA and molecole of brain matter is vapourised) and my money is on the virus that strips a person of their powers can kill them as well, so they are not true immortals, but they are ageless (which is different then immortality)

willenburg07

[20]Nov 7, 2007
    ThatShaneGuy wrote:
    Guys, Adam is THE founding member of the original group. He was Linderman's and Matt's father's mentor. If you go with the time travel theory, then he needed to be brought back at least to when the current Heroes were just born. That means he still hasn't aged a day over the last 20 years at least. Not aging over 20 years or 350 years is not much different when you consider why he doesn't age.
    Being 350 years old makes perfect sense considering his power. He can heal from any damage. In case you didn't realise, aging is caused by the sun and our body damaging itself. If you had the power to repair any and all damage to your body, then, you wouldn't age. Peter, Claire and Adam/Kensei all don't age. They're not technically immortal, because we know they can be killed by stabbing them in the special spot in back of head, by they are pretty darn hard to kill so they are pretty much immortal. Also, I'd bet money ground zero of a nuclear blast would kill them as well (your atoms, not cells, but atoms, are vapourised... no power based on DNA and brain power could heal after having every strand of its DNA and molecole of brain matter is vapourised) and my money is on the virus that strips a person of their powers can kill them as well, so they are not true immortals, but they are ageless (which is different then immortality)
    I agree with all of that...absolutely correct.