Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Peter's Powers? (SPOILERS)

mantez

[1]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 9

sorry if this has been asked already but when I search the forum I get a load of results

Does he get his powers back?

and when.

I thought he had the coolest power and its kinda bugging me not knowing if and when he will get them back

Edited on 12/10/2008 9:06am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

supernatordjt

[2]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    I just assumed that he'd get a shot of the formula.

The only other plausible way would be Arthur giving them back, which is now impossible.
    Or that somehow, upon dying, all Arthur's powers return to their original hosts (assuming they're still alive), but, that didn't happen.

So... the formula seems to be the only possibility.
    And maybe they should give him a new power altogether. With Peter, Sylar, and Arthur there's been to much "power-collecting" on this show. It's time to move on.

BillTheCat005

[3]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    Yeah, I was hoping that Arthur's death would return the powers to their rightful owners. But, alas, that didn't happen. Now, Sylar is the only one capable of collecting powers, and he's a 1 man army that no one can realistically stop. The only way to beat him is to depower him and hit that spot in his brain. As of now, the Haitian is the only one that can depower him, and that's going to change in the first episode of the year when I predict that Sylar will kill the Haitian somehow.

supernatordjt

[4]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    BillTheCat005 wrote:
    I predict that Sylar will kill the Haitian somehow.

I sure as heck hope not. The haitian is the coolest!
    Plus, Sylar would have to kill him without powers... not so easy.

cactusjack39

[5]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 30
    I'd hope that Peter does get abilities but not his orginal. I've heard some say that if Sylar killed the Haitian how he would be too powerful and how it would be bad for the show. I see why they took Peter's abilities away as I have liked him more as a vulnerable yet smarter person. I doubt they will give him a different ability as it is quite obvious that another showdown between Peter and Sylar will happen at some point in the series and I assume they will both have an assortment of powers.

forfaen

[6]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 2
    the haitian guy i thought all power would be shut down when hes around..
    but arthur somehow mindgamed him...
    what a shiit power!!!!
    hes useless now just kill him or take him out of the show..
    if arthur can stop the haitian like that,sylar can to..

and sup with sylar i thought he learn to upsorb powers?

why do he need to kill them and look at their brains now?
    and why kill elle?
    thought he was changing.....
    what a ridiciliuos show...

Firetears

[7]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 23
    We can ask "why?" all we want but the answer to all you questions is simple. The writers are just making this sh** up as they go along and now they can't even put half their heart in it. Which is why it annoys me so much when people try to defend the writers by explaining all the 150 plotholes.

Water78

[8]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 47
    my thought would be kill peter, nathan and sylar had then i'd be happy. I mean sylar is killing off all the good potental characters when they could get rid of him and bring the show in a better way

goldensun87

[9]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 5
    As we saw with Arthur, even with a whole bunch of powers, it takes a lot of willpower to overcome the Haitian's ability suppression. The Haitian has enough time to either put a bullet in Sylar's head OR hollow out his brain completely like he did to his regenerating brother.

Firetears

[10]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 23
    Water78 wrote:
    my thought would be kill peter, nathan and sylar had then i'd be happy. I mean sylar is killing off all the good potental characters when they could get rid of him and bring the show in a better way

Kill Sylar for sure but not Peter and Nathan. Peter, Nathan, Hiro(and Ando), and Claire are the only interesting storylines left for me. Kill off Peter and Nathan and then what will we have to watch? Matt and Daphne(who I don't hate, but I don't love either)? Mohinder and his roach defects? Psh. I'd rather not.

cactusjack39

[11]Dec 9, 2008
    Nathan as a villain interests me more than a hero. Peter has renewed my interest because he's learning to be a hero without his abilities as Hiro will have to do as well.

OminousShadow87

[12]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    Kill Sylar...they better save that for the very last episode of the very last season...and then when they inevitably milk this show and come out with a movie, the plot better be "Sylar's back, gotta kill him again". Sylar is one of the greatest television villians/antagonists of all time. You know, it just occurred to me there are no real protagonists/antogonists. Everyone's they're own protagonist and have their individual antagonists, but there's nothing like "Jack Bauer is the protagonist, the terrorists are the antagonists". Even the villians like Sylar, Arthur, Adam, Elle, Candice, Linderman, HRG for awhile, Mohinder for awhile, now maybe Nathan, they are all still protagonists. It's a very special set-up they have here. Makes you appreciate the show just a little bit more.
    Edited on 12/09/2008 10:49pm

bc_66442

[13]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    After Arthur died and the light left his body we saw Peter's face and then it moved on. Peter could have gotten his powers back from Arthur via his death, we can't rule that out until the next episode. I would not be surprised if Peter got his powers back during the eclispe and just does nt know. After he lost them he has not tried to use them (with the exception of right after Arthur took them) so we don't know.

cactusjack39

[14]Dec 10, 2008
    Maybe Peter will steal some of that powerade Mohinder has developed to give people abilities. Either that or he'll agree to help him.

Water78

[15]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 47
    bc_66442 wrote:
    After Arthur died and the light left his body we saw Peter's face and then it moved on. Peter could have gotten his powers back from Arthur via his death, we can't rule that out until the next episode. I would not be surprised if Peter got his powers back during the eclispe and just does nt know. After he lost them he has not tried to use them (with the exception of right after Arthur took them) so we don't know.

i thought she said to the back of the head not the front would do it

kraylith

[16]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 10

I assume she said it that way because she assumed Peter wouldn't shoot him to his face, but from an ambush from behind or something. From the front seemed to have worked just as well.

The powers just "magically" returning to their original owners just seems not very plausible, on the other hand we already had the mysterious super-duper catalyst light and so on, so... who knows...

I'm pretty sure he'll get is power back or another power, but I think his original power is much more likely. His whole dna is probably "configured" for that specific power, so if he got a shot of the formula he'd get that ability back.

Seeing as he's the main character, if he would get another, a new power it would have to be some kind of uber-power, because

a) he's the main character after all, so he must be the most awesome one in the end

b) he would have to defeat Sylar or whoever turns out to be the final "boss" with this power and as it would only be onepower it would have to be equally or more powerful than Sylar's whole collection of powers.

Actually I think he should get a power like the Haitian's or Hiro's, a "good", subtle power that is very, very powerful. But because we already have those powers it would have to be something totally new and cool.

Think it's pretty much guaranteed that he'll get his original power or this new super-power by taking the formula, can't see any other way he'd suddenly get powers. I also like that he seems to have gotten smarter now that he's powerless, hope that won't just go away when he's Super-Peter again.

Edited on 12/10/2008 4:54pm

sinjaceheroes

[17]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    i think that sadly peter will refuse to get new powers. hes been ranting about how good the world will be without powers. even if he needed to "save the world" for the umpteenth time, he wont. of course, peter with zero powers is pathetic. as we witnessed. so maybe he will get his powers back. if he gets injected, maybe his original power will come back or since his body's "metabolism" is acceptable of many powers, like mohinder stated, then he can just inject a bunch of powers into himself!!!! awesome. *_*

OminousShadow87

[18]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    If he does get his powers back, he'll have to stay far away from Mohinder. And I'm pretty sure he won't get his powers back until after he gets the scar. So if/when he gets scarred, then be on the lookout for his powers returning.

sinjaceheroes

[19]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 14

OminousShadow87 wrote:
    If he does get his powers back, he'll have to stay far away from Mohinder. And I'm pretty sure he won't get his powers back until after he gets the scar. So if/when he gets scarred, then be on the lookout for his powers returning.

u know somethi9ng that just came to me; maybe he wont get the scar. evereyone is talking about that scar, but ,maybe it bwas stopped. one of the few butterflies. after all, future sylar did not have claire's power.

mantez

[20]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 9

Peter without a power = Massive Fail