Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

zero899cool

[1]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    I'm a huge fan of Heroes. I've been watching since Day 1, but after watching Truth & Consequences and every other episode created I can't enjoy the show without COMPLAINING. That's right, I'm not a show basher and I'm not trying to nitpick although all negative comments are welcome here. I know you are all Heroes fans and some might not be but if you need to complain to enjoy the show then bring it over here. Maybe Grailwolf will pin this thread so all the "negative" comments and criticism will be in one place.

As Per Normal TV.com rules, complaints are welcome BUT the TOS is still in effect. In other words, it's okay to complain about the show, but not to flame the show (or the cast or the characters) or (obviously) your fellow posters. Please try not to get into heated arguments. This place is designed for 2 reasons, to allow people to complain about the show in a reasonable way and to keep people from getting in trouble with any fans that do not want to hear ANYTHING critical or negative. As we all know Heroes is a great show but not perfect.

Edited on 11/28/2007 4:48am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zero899cool

[2]Nov 27, 2007

Maya What's going on with her?! Peter ignoring Hiro for Adam....yeah, right?! Monica acting surprised like she never knew Micah had a power!!! COME ON!! He showed you what he could several episodes ago; I guess she has amnesia now. Also, Peter's selective mindreading, if he really wanted to know if Victoria was lying about Adam couldn't he have just read her mind and found out that she was thinking the same thing she was saying, in other words, she wasn't lying.

Edited on 11/28/2007 4:42am

OminousShadow87

[3]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    The whole Monica thing has gotten us nowhere. They had two episodes left and they wasted time on a comic book and a medal getting stolen by gangbangers. What the hell? This is why the show has dragged, cuz of waste of space filler plots like that.

zero899cool

[4]Nov 27, 2007
    Thanks for having the courage to post, it doesn't mean you are not a fan. Ok, back on topic, Monica learned all that Kung Fu so she can DO NOTHING.

Ss_Surfer

[5]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 2
    zero899cool wrote:

Maya WTF?! Peter ignoring Hiro for Adam....yeah, right?! Monica acting surprised like she never knew Micah had a power!!! COME ON!! He showed you what he could several episodes ago; I guess she has amnesia now. Also, Peter's selective mindreading, if he really wanted to know if Victoria was lying about Adam couldn't he have just read her mind and found out that she was thinking the same thing she was saying, in other words, she wasn't lying.

So Monica was suprised when Micah used his power again infront of her... It's not normal, and I bet she's not used to see stuff like that yet.

I was a bit fraustrated on how fast things moved when Hiro saw Peter...
    Almost to talking at all and they both wanna kill each other.
    Which was exciting and fraustrating at the same time, but I know I enjoyed watching it cause it makes things interesting.

SonGokuo

[7]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 7
    Directed at nobody in particular:

Stop complaining when people die. Get over it. All of you act like spoiled rotten little children. It's ruining the show too, because the writers are too afraid to kill anyone off.

zero899cool

[8]Nov 27, 2007
    SonGokuo wrote:

Stop complaining when people die. Get over it. All of you act like spoiled rotten little children. It's ruining the show too, because the writers are too afraid to kill anyone off.

As much as I love HRG I have to agree with you. He should've never been shot in the first place but if they are going to shoot him and they did then he should die. You have a thread about cheapening death and if they keep NOT killing people then they are cheapening it.

DresserBoys

[9]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 18

SonGokuo wrote:
    Directed at nobody in particular: Stop complaining when people die. Get over it. All of you act like spoiled rotten little children. It's ruining the show too, because the writers are too afraid to kill anyone off.

Agreed. After watching Heroes every week and coming to this forums and read what people think about it and what makes it so cool is fun, but reading complains just ruins the good buzz the show gives.

predictor32

[10]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    SonGokuo wrote:

Because I feel that Season 2 has been terribly weak, I wouldn't mind at all if the virus kills off every regular character on the show except for maybe 1 or 2 of them. I know that Tim Kring initially wanted Season 2 to be with a whole new cast of characters. But when Season 1 was so hugely popular, he changed his mind. At this point, I'd say that Tim Kring should go back to his initial idea: Fresh new story and fresh new cast of characters for Volume 3.

dyle123

[11]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 26
    About the Peter thing, he's clearly not fully in control of his powers yet, so that's why he couldn't read her mind in the first place. And I think it just happened and he had no idea he could do that.

But I completely agree about the Monica thing, all of a sudden she couldn't fight for herself despite learning all that Kung Fu?!

astronomix

[12]Nov 27, 2007

the main thing that bugs me about this show is that it's supposed to be characters from "all over the world discovering they have super human powers and have to learn how to live with them"

Yet all these people from all over the world, with the exception of adam, hiro and the twins, come from New York ... except nikki who comes from Vegas. oh and The Haitian

SonGokuo

[13]Nov 27, 2007
    zero899cool wrote:
    SonGokuo wrote:

As much as I love HRG I have to agree with you. He should've never been shot in the first place but if they are going to shoot him and they did then he should die. You have a thread about cheapening death and if they keep NOT killing people then they are cheapening it.

Precisely. Characters SHOULD die in season finales. Should they be brought back to life? Sure, in some cases. But not in the same episode. That's just lame.. and smacks of last minute editting to appease fans :/

PfQuitetheGuy

[14]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 4

Ugh! This whole season has just been terrible.

Adam is great and all, but does he really want to destroy everyone just because Hiro stole his girl? He needs to get over it. That's just terrible writing.

To sum this season 2-Hiro ruined everything!

SonGokuo

[15]Nov 27, 2007
    No.. Adam wants to destroy humanity because he has witnessed centuries of war, genocide, famine, and human folly.

His logic is undeniable. Mankind doesn't deserve salvation

joedoebell

[16]Nov 27, 2007
    One thing I don't get is the whole: you can change the past, but you can't change the past contradiction.

Future Hiro can come back and prevent the bomb, but Hiro can't save Charlie. Hiro can go back and make Kensei a villain, but he can't go back and save his father. The Charlie thing I excused as a coincidence, even if Hiro made some big deal about it, but Hiro's father turned Hiro trying to save him into some big destiny issue and gave him a speach about playing god. Then wasn't preventing the bomb, and now potentially saving the world from this virus "playing god" as well?

Is there some kind of rule we don't know about: You can save a multitude, but you can't save an individual? Because it seems very inconsistent.

Another urk of mine is Peter's characterization: he's seemed off, and unbelievable all season. From not wanting his memory back when it was clearly dangerous for him not to have it, to letting Elle cop a feel and leading her on. That he's still following Adam at this point is especially hard to swallow, now that even Hiro is against him. I mean, I know he doesn't know Hiro very well, but Hiro helped him save Claire and gave him his direction. You'd think coupled with Victoria's warning about Adam, he'd put two and two together...

Peter's also lost a lot of his empathetic side, and I'm not sure why, especially now that he has his memory back. You'd think he'd be a little more upset that Adam shot Victoria. Instead he acts like he's used to seeing things like that.

I dunno, Season 2 has been a surprise. I think Parkman, Nathan, and Bennett are saving the show. Well, and Sylar is finally hitting some great dramatic moments again.

DresserBoys

[17]Nov 27, 2007
    astronomix wrote:

the main thing that bugs me about this show is that it's supposed to be characters from "all over the world discovering they have super human powers and have to learn how to live with them"

Yet all these people from all over the world, with the exception of adam, hiro and the twins, come from New York ... except nikki who comes from Vegas. oh and The Haitian

You forgot about Matt, Molly and Muresh

Edit:
    and West and Moncia

Edited on 11/27/2007 2:36pm

MonkeyFreaks

[18]Nov 27, 2007
    is MY complaint, though, dont bash it. i wanna complain that some characters, like nathan, are not getting enough screen time, and i hope they make up for it in the finale. this season has been awesome, though.

zero899cool

[19]Nov 27, 2007
    MonkeyFreaks wrote:
    is MY complaint, though, dont bash it. i wanna complain that some characters, like nathan, are not getting enough screen time, and i hope they make up for it in the finale. this season has been awesome, though.

This is not a show bashing thread and YOU are definitely no show basher. I love Heroes but I just need to get some of the things that annoy me off my chest.

MonkeyFreaks

[20]Nov 27, 2007
    zero899cool wrote:
    MonkeyFreaks wrote:
    This is not a show bashing thread and YOU are definitely no show basher. I love Heroes but I just need to get some of the things that annoy me off my chest.
    its cool. i get that people need to say something about what they think is not right.