Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

  • Avatar of film_addict

    film_addict

    [21]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 10/16/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 138

    joedoebell wrote:
    Another urk of mine is Peter's characterization: he's seemed off, and unbelievable all season. From not wanting his memory back when it was clearly dangerous for him not to have it, to letting Elle cop a feel and leading her on. That he's still following Adam at this point is especially hard to swallow, now that even Hiro is against him. I mean, I know he doesn't know Hiro very well, but Hiro helped him save Claire and gave him his direction.

    He didn't want his memory back because he was afraid he might turn out to be a psychopathic murderer

    He's probably believed Adam all this time because Adam has been the most trusting towards him

    And as far as i know (or remember so i might be wrong) Hiro didn't actually help to save Claire, when Peter went to save Claire at Homecoming, Hiro was 6 months ago trying to save Charlie Peter only briefly met Ando at the Diner.

    If Hiro wanted to be friendly, why didn't he give more info than 'save the cheerleader save the world' to Peter (i don't have anything against Hiro by the way)

    The only words they have exchanged were on the phone where Peter gives Hiro the message (giving present Hiro direction) and right at the end where Peter tells Hiro that he has to kill him

    I just had to get that off my chest

    As for my rant...

    (Sorry to HRG/Claire fans) The way that the Bennet's storyline is going, they are the most annoying thing for me in Heroes, everytime they come on screen i'm just like "oh great, more whiney Claire and teenage problems", and when HRG shows up all he goes on about is 'i want to protect Claire/i'll kill you if you touch her' bla bla bla ENOUGH!

    I really couldn't care less if they killed off the entire Bennet family (and West) it's gotten that bad

    Please, PLEASE,give them a better story like last season

    End of rant

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of antiochus87

    antiochus87

    [22]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 59
    I think they explained it as the Universe would collapse if Hiro said too much. Yeah I agree Peter has been off this season but he was next to Adam in a prison with only him and Elle to talk to for several months, so that might explain him. If he knew Hiro better, he would know that Hiro is the single other most moral character, but he doesn't so he knows Adam better and as Adam saved his brother, he has more reason to trust him.

    Claire has been really annoying this season I agree and her father, but she seemed far better in the latest one, so hopefully they will both be better now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of david-toms007

    david-toms007

    [23]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 03/16/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 327
    Yes there are a lot of down sides to this show in particular the writing but i find its best to ignore it and enjoy the main storyline rather than let it get to you. The whole monica thing btw i would explain it as this: she watched the video in order that she could get in using parkour. However she didnt plan a way to get out and so ended up getting caught. Worst part of the episode was definately Hiro running at Peter for at least a second (if not more) and peter failing to react!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zero899cool

    zero899cool

    [24]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 09/22/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,189
    david-toms007 wrote:
    Yes there are a lot of down sides to this show in particular the writing but i find its best to ignore it and enjoy the main storyline rather than let it get to you. The whole monica thing btw i would explain it as this: she watched the video in order that she could get in using parkour. However she didnt plan a way to get out and so ended up getting caught. Worst part of the episode was definately Hiro running at Peter for at least a second (if not more) and peter failing to react!!


    I get what you are saying about Monica's escape route but what about all the Kung Fu she studied and the wrestling move.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of antiochus87

    antiochus87

    [25]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 59
    Yeah but keep in mind this is a kid and there were multiple guns being pointed at her, she probably froze, even if in that position he could have survived.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wolfmanbobie

    wolfmanbobie

    [26]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 11/02/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 11

    About Monica' She had 2 count em 2 guns pointed at her. even with a cool power, that would make you think. I mean even clair would flinch if she had a gun pointed at her chest. With Monica, even if she knew all the kung fu in the world she was still most likly going to lose, probably violently.

    PS how does one go about quoting?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of joedoebell

    joedoebell

    [27]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 09/26/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 67
    Hiro did give Peter a bit more than "save the cheerleader, save the world" (which was actually what I meant when I said Hiro helped Peter save Claire). The rest of what he said implied that he knew Peter in the future, maybe even somewhat intimately since he knew some of Peter's insecurities, and he acted in a manner to reassure Peter. You can also judge a person to some degree by the quality of his company (aka Ando, who's harmless even in a first impression), and by what others tell you of his action: (aka Hiro trying to save Charlie).

    It's true that Hiro didn't say a -lot-, but a lot can be gotten from what was said and done. Hiro, as far as Peter knows, has never demonstrated himself to be anything but concerned about the welfare of others, has never been anything but an ally (Claire, bomb, Sylar) and he has no reason to suspect him of being anything but honest, -especially- after what Victoria said and what happened to her.

    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zero899cool

    zero899cool

    [28]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 09/22/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,189
    wolfmanbobie wrote:

    About Monica' She had 2 count em 2 guns pointed at her. even with a cool power, that would make you think. I mean even clair would flinch if she had a gun pointed at her chest. With Monica, even if she knew all the kung fu in the world she was still most likly going to lose, probably violently.

    PS how does one go about quoting?



    Just click on the Quick Quote button and then type. I just did it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of astronomix

    astronomix

    [30]Nov 27, 2007
    • member since: 10/20/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 74
    DresserBoys wrote:
    astronomix wrote:

    the main thing that bugs me about this show is that it's supposed to be characters from "all over the world discovering they have super human powers and have to learn how to live with them"

    Yet all these people from all over the world, with the exception of adam, hiro and the twins, come from New York ... except nikki who comes from Vegas. oh and The Haitian

    You forgot about Matt, Molly and Muresh

    Edit:
    and West and Moncia



    Granted I didnt mention them but, well ... I mentioned Nikki for comic relief. Matt and Molly are still from america and Muresh = Suresh ? Hes not a hero ... just an annoyingly gullible flipfloppy doctor
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zero899cool

    zero899cool

    [31]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 09/22/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,189
    astronomix wrote:

    the main thing that bugs me about this show is that it's supposed to be characters from "all over the world discovering they have super human powers and have to learn how to live with them"

    Yet all these people from all over the world, with the exception of adam, hiro and the twins, come from New York ... except nikki who comes from Vegas. oh and The Haitian



    Speaking of The Haitian....where the heck is this guy?!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LlanMan

    LlanMan

    [32]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 09/12/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 59

    Sorry but people are asking the question of how Peter knew Hiro as he was not future Hiro.

    Unless there is another time traveling space bending japanese man roaming the world then it stands to logic that it must be Hiro.

    Plus Hiro did see Peter and vice versa when Hiro stabbed Sylar at Kirby Plazza.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of antiochus87

    antiochus87

    [33]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 59
    Well future Hiro knew future Peter far better than present Hiro knows present Peter though. Granted they have both foiled Sylar together twice, but with Hiro trapped in the past and Peter with amnesia they haven't really had the chance to get to know each other as well as they obviously do in the alternate future. What I don't like is how Hiro seems so single minded when he meets Peter at Primotech, with only the briefest of explanations he attacks Peter. From Peter's point of view it is Hiro who is misguided. I'd hope that Peter is not gullable enough to still believe Adam if Hiro briefly said what Adam had done before. Hiro actually saw the incident AND this would confirm what Victoria said.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grailwolf

    grailwolf

    [34]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 4,578

    joedoebell wrote:
    One thing I don't get is the whole: you can change the past, but you can't change the past contradiction. Future Hiro can come back and prevent the bomb, but Hiro can't save Charlie. Hiro can go back and make Kensei a villain, but he can't go back and save his father. The Charlie thing I excused as a coincidence, even if Hiro made some big deal about it, but Hiro's father turned Hiro trying to save him into some big destiny issue and gave him a speach about playing god. Then wasn't preventing the bomb, and now potentially saving the world from this virus "playing god" as well? Is there some kind of rule we don't know about: You can save a multitude, but you can't save an individual? Because it seems very inconsistent.

    I honestly do not see any contradiction here. It has never been said that Hiro can't change the past, just that he couldn't save Charlie. The reason he couldn't save her is that even if Sylar hadn't killed her, she would have died due to a brain aneurism, and either death would have been at about the same time. The doctors already knew about her condition and could do nothing, so there was no way for him to change things. Yes, there may have been some ways around this, but Hiro didn't know them or didn't think about them.

    As for every other situation, Hiro has always been worried about changing things and disrupting the timeline. This wouldn't be an issue if he couldn't affect anything. Plainly put, Hiro can change the past, present, or future, and nothing has been said that would indicate anything different.

    The destiny issue is a tricky one, but it has more to do with personal belief than anything else. Kaito didn't want to be saved because he honestly believed that his time had come. Kaito was, in many ways, a Samurai, and seemed to follow a similar belief structure. Once he heard that he had "already died" from Hiro's perspective it became a point of honor and duty to die well and with honor. Struggling to prevent the bomb and the virus were also matters of honor and duty, so this is really not a contradiction.

    The only problem here is that either Kaito and Hiro's beliefs are not well explained, they are not truly consistent with any Japanese beliefs, or they are just not very easy for Westerners to understand.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of predictor32

    predictor32

    [35]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 02/22/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 266
    I've ranted and criticized Season 2 throughout the season for a variety of reasons and it's really dissapointing to see my 2 favorite shows ('24' and Heroes) have such a major dropoff in quality from their previous season. I thought Season 6 of '24' was laughable and I criticized it to no end and toldmy friends that Heroes Season 1 was soooo much better.Now if i had to choose between '24' and Heroes, I'm not sure which one I would choose.
    Edited on 11/28/2007 7:58am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of combatjammer

    combatjammer

    [36]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 03/08/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 113
    wolfmanbobie wrote:

    About Monica' She had 2 count em 2 guns pointed at her. even with a cool power, that would make you think. I mean even clair would flinch if she had a gun pointed at her chest. With Monica, even if she knew all the kung fu in the world she was still most likly going to lose, probably violently.

    PS how does one go about quoting?



    Question is ... why the heck was Monica trying to walk out the front door????
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ns8730

    ns8730

    [37]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    My 1st major problem was the Haitian. Not with himself per se, but how everyone knew he was from Haiti! It's like the show tried to be as PC as possible by not using the word black. I understand how the Company guys know he's Haitian, but I don't think they ever explained how everyone else knew. I think he was 1st mentioned like during Matt's conversation with Ted. They were just like "Omg! we were both abducted by a Haitian!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of predictor32

    predictor32

    [38]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 02/22/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 266
    One of the bigger dissapointments for me in Season 2 is that I expected the season to go more in detail into the background story of the Company and it's original 12 members. I still am totally confused as to how the pland and motivations of Linderman/Mrs. Petrelli/Charles Devaux in Season 1 really differ from Adam's motivation in Season 2. They all seemed to want to destroy a portion of the population in order to 'purify' humanity. So whywould the Company members lock up Adam 30 years ago only to try and destroy NY in the present. And how does Bob fit into all of this.How did he becomein charge of the company once Linderman was killed.Also, are we to assume that heheld Peter captive and never toldMrs.Petrelli that her son was alive because his views/motivations are totally different than that of Linderman/Mrs. Petrelli.I also find it interestingthat Victoria Pratt, Mrs. Petrelli, etc wanted to keep their identity secret and yet there is a picture of the 12 which so many people have.For a company that is doing very secretive stuff, it might not have been such a smart idea to take a picture of them all that anyoneseveral people can easilyfind.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ns8730

    ns8730

    [39]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    predictor32 wrote:
    One of the bigger dissapointments for me in Season 2 is that I expected the season to go more in detail into the background story of the Company and it's original 12 members. I still am totally confused as to how the pland and motivations of Linderman/Mrs. Petrelli/Charles Devaux in Season 1 really differ from Adam's motivation in Season 2. They all seemed to want to destroy a portion of the population in order to 'purify' humanity. So whywould the Company members lock up Adam 30 years ago only to try and destroy NY in the present. And how does Bob fit into all of this.How did he becomein charge of the company once Linderman was killed.Also, are we to assume that heheld Peter captive and never toldMrs.Petrelli that her son was alive because his views/motivations are totally different than that of Linderman/Mrs. Petrelli.I also find it interestingthat Victoria Pratt, Mrs. Petrelli, etc wanted to keep their identity secret and yet there is a picture of the 12 which so many people have.For a company that is doing very secretive stuff, it might not have been such a smart idea to take a picture of them all that anyoneseveral people can easilyfind.


    Adam's goal is to pretty much kill everyone and everything in his path as he has become disenchanted and bitter with humanity, from what the comics and his statements on the show have implied. Whereas the Company's intentions regarding this virus is to manipulate it to the extent that it becomes the antidote for superpowers. Very different.

    Otherwise, complaints/possible plotholes I can think of atm: 1. I agree with the dissappointment with the lack of showing Company history. They've only revealed 2 of the founders' powers. And it's frustrating how none of the characters seem to want to know more about this Company! In fact, according to Matt when interrogating Mrs Petrelli, only 1 of the founders' identity remained a mystery to him and she was the only 1 alive (now dead anyway). This means they've just decided to completely ignore the 5 other founders?? http://www.heroesrevealed.com/cast/the-company-group-picture/

    2. Have the writers completely forgot about Lyall's knowledge or the lack thereof of his Dad, the Company and Claire?? They made it seem like he still knew nothing, but after the events of season 1 and the separation of HRG and the Haitian I'm sure he would've known. Or HRG's wife would've told him under her new "no secrets" policy. And he never questioned HRG when he said they had to move again as it was no longer safe. And if that's not all surely he would've bloody asked why HRG died!!!

    3. Hiro vs Peter. Wtf, so they just decide to fight to the death like that without hardly anything more than acknowledging each other.

    I was a diehard fan of this show and have tried to overlook anything bothering me but now it seems to be pulling a Prison Break! Please get better Heroes

    That's all the ranting for now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grailwolf

    grailwolf

    [40]Nov 28, 2007
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 4,578
    This is a reply to lapetite66 from the "Heroes making less sense & Heroes lacking common sense!" thread. See the original post here .

    lapetite66 wrote:
    First Episode: The first ridiculous thing is that the fact that no seemed to notice that Sylar's body was missing...


    Emergency services arrived pretty quickly. Some of the characters would have scattered, and others were probably too busy dealing with their own wounded and missing to notice that Sylar's was not one of the bodies that the coroner was taking away. Besides, it seems that Candice was the one who took Sylar, so even if anyone noticed that he was missing they wouldn't be able to tell where he went or to see who took him.

    I think it's safe to assume that the only people who saw the blood trail were the viewers.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Sylar: So, can someone please tell me how he managed to travel on foot across from what looked like thousands of acres of land from a remote location deep in some forest and find a highway?


    Honestly, does it matter? He made it through the jungle and wound up half dead on a small road (not a "highway") winding through the wilds of Central America. Maybe he had some survival skills we didn't know about, and I'm sure that he loaded up on supplies from that little hut. Heck, maybe there was a jeep there that got him most of the way. At any rate, it really doesn't matter to the story how he did it, and with so many people complaining that the story isn't moving quickly enough, it's just not the kind of thing that they should be spending time on.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Maya and Alejandro: Maya finds this guy ieSylar on the side of the road near death(where he should have stayed if you ask me but then nobody asked:eviland instantly trusts everything he tells her. Can you say imbecile? I'm just totally disgusted by the fact that this young woman who was smart enough to evade the police for goodness knows how many months has suddenly become so bloody stupid and naïve` when it comes to Sylar's manipulations!


    Well, first of all it seems that Alejandro was the smart one of the duo. That aside, however, you are talking about a young, naive, and very religious girl who is going through the most trying experience of her life. She then happens upon a handsome stranger lying in the road who knows the person she is searching for (he knew Suresh's name before she mentioned it, didn't he?) and seems to want to help her. Heck, he has helped her (even if it was really for his own ends). Of course she is going to think that this is fate/God intervening. I think they've played it perfectly.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    How is that Alejandro heard everything that was being said(although he doesn't understand English) but his sister who was only a few feet away looking in the trunk of the car didn't hear Sylar at all??? ... How is that one sibling knows the language and one doesn't?


    The first part of this is very nit-picky. Sylar was whispering. If Maya heard anything, then it was only his reassuring tone of voice. As for the other part, I just don't get it. If you have a sibling, do the two of you know all the same things? Of course not! There are a million ways that she might know English and he doesn't. Maybe he worked while she went to school. Maybe the English ****was full and he gave up his seat to Maya. Maybe he flunked out and she didn't. Or maybe he just isn't good at learing languages and she was. There is no reason at all for the writers to tell us this, and I can't really take it seriously as a complaint.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Last but not least Alejandro read an article about Sylar being wanted for the murder of his mother and instead of him maybe using some common sense and making an anonymous call to the cops he instead confronts Sylar and ends up dead and a little while laterhis sister is outside the roomwhere his corpse is lying playing tonsil hockey with his killer!!!


    Good idea. Call the cops to come and raid the hotel where his illegal immigrant sister is staying because he has a gut feeling that her friend is lying about why he is a wanted fugitive. That just isn't going to happen, especially when Alejandro comes from a region where machismo is such an important part of the culture. Of course he's going to confront Sylar himself.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Mattressures his ward Molly into finding someone she has previously labeled as "The Boogeyman and worse than Sylar". I personally was totally disgusted by Matt's callous and selfish behavior. He knew that Molly was scared to death of "The Boogeyman" and yet he had no qualms about guilting Molly into finding this man who we later find out is really Matt's father. Molly ends up in a coma and suddenly Matt is remorseful...a little late for that dude!


    Um, the whole reason that Molly was willing to do this was because she already knew that it was Matt's father. And Matt did wrestle with the decision beforehand and only allowed it (remember, Molly insisted) because he was trying to save lives. He thought that either his father was the killer, or else he was on the killer's list. He certainly had qualms, but given the circumstances and the time pressure, there wasn't a lot of time for alternate plans. Besides, he wanted to find the "Nightmare Man" anyway because he was already terrorizing Molly. Yes, this was a questionable decision, but it's hardly as bad as you're making it sound.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Monica: She goes into the house to get Micah's backpack and ends up getting caught in the most ridiculous fashion! ...


    Dumb? Maybe. But remember that she only learns physical skills, not the mindset or training that goes with them. So she chose a bad hiding spot and by the time she realized what was going on they had her at gunpoint. Not too much you can do when someone has a gun on you at point blank range. I can't say I liked it, but it seemed pretty realistic to me.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Mohinder: is supposed to help Mr. Bennett take down the company from the inside out and instead he decides to spill his guts to the top bad guy Bob. When confronted by Bennett as to why he has decided to side with the enemy he says "They are what you think they are" or words to that effect. Uh hello...*smacking Mohinder upside the head*. ...


    Can't agree. Every step of the way Bob has explained everything to Mohinder in a way that makes sense (the stun gun is for protection, the virus could end threats such as Sylar in the future, Bennett is on video killing someone in cold blood), and when confronted he has backed down and praised Mohinder for being their "moral compass." Bennett, on the other hand, has kept him in the dark telling him only what he needed to know. It may be a little naive of him to trust Bob, but it is also perfectly understandable. Besides, everything he's seen the Company do has been positive. Healing victims of the virus, helping people deal with their powers, etc. And remember that Mohinder is not a spy, he's a professor of genetics. It's certainly understandable if he hasn't got the best instincts about the situation.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Nathan: Why is it that no one put two and two together as to how Nathan was brought to the hospital? Okay so maybe the cop that noticed Peter bringing Nathan into the emergency room didn't know who Peter was but it seems ridiculous that he wouldn't mention it to anyone. ...


    So there is a cop who knows that Nathan was brought in by an unidentified male. Since Nathan thinks Peter is dead, why would they even consider the possibility that Peter brough him to the hospital? And since people in New York are famous for "not wanting to get involved" I'm sure it didn't seem that odd for a good samaritan to vanish as soon as the cops started asking questions.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Peter: He wakes up and has amnesia. He regains his memories so to speak but seriously the fact that he just blindly trusts someone that he only met in a prison four months ago is truly mind boggling not to mention stupid. ...


    I just don't know what to say to this. Talking with someone day and night for four months, and you can't understand why Peter trusts him and considers him a friend? That's more concentrated time than most friends spend together in a couple years. Also, Adam has had 400 years to practice manipulation and the fine art of winning friends and influencing people. Yes, I wish that Peter would see through him, but I understand why he doesn't.

    lapetite66 wrote:
    Anyway, so this stranger Victoria Pratt tells you that once before Adam tried to steal the virus and release it and you don't believe her. Later on, someone you consider a friend and an ally (Hiro) also tells you that Adam is evil and that he even murdered his father and instead of giving Hiro the benefit of the doubt you just automatically side with Adam...a man you don't really know from Adam...pardon the pun.


    Again, I agree here. I wish that Peter and Hiro would both take a moment to discuss things. After all, time is stopped so it's not like there's a deadline. My guess is that the writers are responding to all the fan and critical complaints that the season has been too slow and they're trying to speed everything up. Also, with the writers strike they have to come to a conclusion (of sorts) in the next episode, so that doesn't leave a lot of time to set up the big finale. Besides, it's a comic book tradition that when two heroes get together they have to fight first and ask questions later.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.