Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

ionee24

[301]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 32
    And they couldn't achieve that without Luke?! It only took one episode to do the same thing with Angela's sister, we didn't waste episodes of build ups and 3 new characters - like Luke, his mom and Samson - to achieve that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrazyBarry

[302]Jun 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    ionee24 wrote:
    And they couldn't achieve that without Luke?! It only took one episode to do the same thing with Angela's sister, we didn't waste episodes of build ups and 3 new characters - like Luke, his mom and Samson - to achieve that.

No they couldn't achieve that wihout Luke, who was the only one who knew where samson was. And luke was only INTRODUCED, his story isnt complete, and eventually he IS COMING BACK. And how could they have possibly concieved that metaphor without samson?? come on, step back and think about it for a second. Everything was necessary, and whats more because the story isnt even over yet, your judging a book before the end, friend.

filmstu2005

[303]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 7

Lord079 wrote:
    The virus story was going to be released at the end of volume 2 and contine in volume 3. Maya was going to absorb it and save the world (Peter would seal off the town before hand using his tele powers moving rocks to block off the roads). Its no joke and its all on seaon 2 special features (which i refuse to buy due to the fact s2 sucked ass). Ill be done after volume 4 if the ep sucks as much as the whole volume!

THIS is what Vol 3 Villains should've started with! Period. It would've been a great way to start and finish the virus storyline before going into something else for the season. Adam should've remained the villain for this season, discovering the dark side of Maya's ability and trying to use her to his advantage, being a huge manipulator. Y did Vol 3 talk about the world being blown up (a huge exaggeration of S1 with NY blowing up).? Extreme much?

I think Adam shouldve eventually died at the hands of Sylar. Sylar should not have taken Claire's ability because it undermined the premise of S1 Save the cheerleader. That whole scene where Sylar shows up at Claire's doorstep, while interesting, was terrible b/c it made Sylar teleport from NYC to Costa Verde in the same few hours that he got his tek power back! Adam's immortality was for Sylar, but no, they had to introduce Peter and Nathan's dad in the worst possible storyline ever. He wasn't even a plausible villain. No motivations whatsoever...

Edited on 06/24/2009 1:35am

ionee24

[304]Jun 24, 2009
    filmstu2005 wrote:

Lord079 wrote:
    The virus story was going to be released at the end of volume 2 and contine in volume 3. Maya was going to absorb it and save the world (Peter would seal off the town before hand using his tele powers moving rocks to block off the roads). Its no joke and its all on seaon 2 special features (which i refuse to buy due to the fact s2 sucked ass). Ill be done after volume 4 if the ep sucks as much as the whole volume!

THIS is what Vol 3 Villains should've started with! Period. It would've been a great way to start and finish the virus storyline before going into something else for the season. Adam should've remained the villain for this season, discovering the dark side of Maya's ability and trying to use her to his advantage, being a huge manipulator...

I would rather for him to manipulate Elle instead, after all they were supposed to have a thing while she kept him captive and that would've forced Bob to make a stand before he died, I really like that father/daughter team they really should've done more with them, that way when they finally kill them off at least the three of them would've done something as major as the Shanti virus.

chris17blue

[305]Jul 9, 2009

I have pretty much given up on "Heroes" ever going back to it's former glory. I did enjoy Season 1 and 2 (for some that may be a surprise) but Season 3 was just awful.

I'm only watching next season becuase Tracy (Ali Larter) hasn't been written off. I absolutely love her, she is such an amazing actress and I blame the writers for making everyone hate the characters she played (triplets oh really?).

soundsofsilence

[306]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 23
    I think i'm just about done with this show.

A lesbian storyline? Seriously? That just seems like a jump the shark moment.

Also how is this new tatooed lady character different from Issac's paintings?

ionee24

[307]Jul 11, 2009

soundsofsilence wrote:
    A lesbian storyline? Seriously? That just seems like a jump the shark moment.
    It's not just a lesbian storyline but a lesbian storyline for a character that never had lesbian tendencies in her life. Is almost like they're forcing one of the two female left to date girls like a man.

*ETA: Or a cheap ploy for ratings.

Edited on 07/11/2009 9:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

filmstu2005

[308]Jul 27, 2009
    chris17blue wrote:

I have pretty much given up on "Heroes" ever going back to it's former glory. I did enjoy Season 1 and 2 (for some that may be a surprise) but Season 3 was just awful.

I'm only watching next season becuase Tracy (Ali Larter) hasn't been written off. I absolutely love her, she is such an amazing actress and I blame the writers for making everyone hate the characters she played (triplets oh really?).

I like Ali too. She's a great actress and very underrated. ITs not her fault the writers keep giving her sh!tty material. But what Bryan Fuller did for her in Cold Snap was brilliant. He did something that no other writer on the show was able to do for Tracy Strauss for the ENTIRE SEASON. He made her interesting.

Either way, iNikki should've stayed alive, too cool of a character after finally becoming Jessikki. It was a dumb idea killing Nikki off in some fire explosion (and then at her funeral she doesnt even looke slightly burned) and then introducing a retarded "ghetto sci-fi storyline" involving triplets (Bryan Fuller's words exactly). They were even gonna kill Tracy Strauss in that episode Cold Snap if it hadn't been for him. Lol, can you believe it? They must really hate Ali Larter or something...

An idea, it would've been interesting if Tracy had been another split personality of Nikki's. Nikki could have 2 or three powers with a split personality controlling each one, and it was her personal journey to finding a way to merge with them all....

II_Seraphim_II

[309]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 6
    Heroes, to me, is like a train wreck. It's so terrible that I can't stop watching. Maybe it's because I still have a shred of hope that it can improve, but consistently the show breaks my heart. I always watch Heroes online though, don't wanna give a bad show good ratings.

zan_sylar

[310]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 3

i missed most of season 1 because i unfortuately have extremely idiotic parental units. i didn't watch hardly any of the season maya was in because frankly she freaked me out. i was stoked when sylar killed her brother and thrilled with her death. (i think it was at mohinders hand right?) adam and arthur were pathetic badguys at best, little motivation and boring. i LOVE sylar. i was very upset with Matt, listening to Angela who we all know is totally off her rocker and what was HRG thinking, just standing there and letting Sylar live (as great as he is, he is a serial killer and attacked his own daughter) he lives as nathan sure, but i mean C'mon, no one is as powerful as sylar, with the possible exception of peter what did you think was going to happen, nathan would stay in control, yeah right. and matt is a jackass for going back to his slut of a wife f that word can even be applied to her so soon after daphnies death (who never ever should have died anyway!)

The lesbian thing is stupid, claire was a cheerleader for god's sake, you think she would have figured it out about then surrounded by hot skinny chicks, but whatever. i think their jus doing it for ratings insteadof putting actuall thought in what their doing.

Sylar being told his future to save charlie was a good plan but Hiro didn't tell him much, and as i have said before, Sylar could believe that his narrow escape from Kirby Plaze could be the time where they all banded together to kill him. so he could believe that he has already averted his death. and charlie being trapped in time so soon was cheap, at least give us a day of them being togther. are there no lasting happy couples at all. HRG and Sandra don't count they are divorced and HRG very unhappy and neither do Matt and Janice for obvious reasons stated above.

wow, i do feel better.

DeviousT22

[311]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 8

It just falls further and further down, this show.

The abilities are cool, many of us wanted to see them on TV, and heck, it seems we like a lot of the characters. The storyline is just so poorly written. There are gaps and holes in logic EVERYWHERE. It's like someone with absolutely no intelligence or creativity is in charge of continuing the storyline. I could go on for days with examples, but how about this kidnap Charlie plot most recently? Honestly, how can ANYONE screw with the guy who can manipulate time and space? With the ability to manipulate time and space Hiro could solve the kidnapped Charlie problem in at least a thousand different ways. They continually take these characters and make them as dumb as humanly possible. I'm sorry, I don't know about everyone else, but I have a hard time identifying with characters with brain dead characters. If powers like these did exist people would be doing crazy things with them, they wouldn't be making the idiotic mistakes all these people always make. Heck, they would have thought of things BEYOND what we would expect from their powers application-wise, not be dumber than rocks.

I can't understand why the masses love stupid characters. I have a suggestion for the network.

Get the guy who writes the Mentalist, and maybe a really good sci fi author to come in and start filling in all the 'idiot gaps' in storyline where the characters just don't do anything intelligent with their powers, and maybe the ratings for this show wouldn't keep plummeting like a rock in the ocean.

phallica

[312]Nov 26, 2009
    This programme was so awesome...until season 2 finished.
    Another superhero series with the bare minimum special effects and endless yapping....how disappointing and boring.

II_Seraphim_II

[313]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 6
    DeviousT22 wrote:

It just falls further and further down, this show.

The abilities are cool, many of us wanted to see them on TV, and heck, it seems we like a lot of the characters. The storyline is just so poorly written. There are gaps and holes in logic EVERYWHERE. It's like someone with absolutely no intelligence or creativity is in charge of continuing the storyline. I could go on for days with examples, but how about this kidnap Charlie plot most recently? Honestly, how can ANYONE screw with the guy who can manipulate time and space? With the ability to manipulate time and space Hiro could solve the kidnapped Charlie problem in at least a thousand different ways. They continually take these characters and make them as dumb as humanly possible. I'm sorry, I don't know about everyone else, but I have a hard time identifying with characters with brain dead characters. If powers like these did exist people would be doing crazy things with them, they wouldn't be making the idiotic mistakes all these people always make. Heck, they would have thought of things BEYOND what we would expect from their powers application-wise, not be dumber than rocks.

I can't understand why the masses love stupid characters. I have a suggestion for the network.

Get the guy who writes the Mentalist, and maybe a really good sci fi author to come in and start filling in all the 'idiot gaps' in storyline where the characters just don't do anything intelligent with their powers, and maybe the ratings for this show wouldn't keep plummeting like a rock in the ocean.

I agree with you 100%. As much as I hated the show, I kept watching in hopes that it would improve, but I'm done now...I didn't watch the past 2 episodes, and I'm not going to watch anymore. All this crap started with season 2! The worst offense was the Irish girl left in the future and forgotten. That's not just a plot hole, that's a plot Black Hole. How the show could have something like that happen and not even show shame is beyond me. And like you mentioned, there are various instances of terrible writing, and the Kidnapped Charlie situation is pretty bad. Why didn't Hiro just go back in time 5 minutes, before Charlie was taken, and take her somewhere else? Isn't that simpler than doing the bidding of a mad man? Why didn't they just use Claire's blood on Nathan, instead of this Nathan/Sylar fusion trash? If there were ever people who shouldn't be showbiz it's the Heroes writers. People like to say "yeah, like you could do better!" YES! I could do A LOT better. Anyone past the age of 5 could do better.

aj_the_kidd

[314]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 13
    Oh how the mighty have fallen. Predicatable, ANTI-CLIMATIC, extremly slow and all round boring, is how i would now describe heroes. I think i'll start watching episodes 2 at a time, maybe that will make the experience of watching heroes more interesting not to mention bearable. Hiro your a friggin idiot, slap yourself in the face, peter stop being so niave, and claire, just shutup, please just shutup.
    Edited on 12/08/2009 12:19pm

Mangalore

[315]Jan 8, 2010
    What's up with this carneval plot (seems a hommage to Moore's shortlived carneval TV show to me)? It is made as if the leader of this bunch is the new bad ass villain but if that's the case: Haven't they downgraded a bit? Isn't he out of his league? The last few seasons the main cast has caused the destruction of a shadow company of trained assassins and hunters, ripped apart a cabal of old super supers, faced down the government and in the end it took everyone to take down Sylar...

So now a fast guy with knives who gets owned by Frost lady and Peter within the first episodes of his appearance and some ragtag hippies at a carneval are supposed to be a challenge? I mean, the only reason Sylar does not see a big all you can eat buffet is because he became a gourmet last season and now got a massive identity crisis thanks to Mat.

Where is the supposed appeal of those guys if you know a bunch of other tough guys and have ties to the government or in the case of Sylar are a psychopath anyway?

Otherwise: don't like this constant power switching. They seem to lose them solely for storytelling purposes...

filmstu2005

[316]Jan 9, 2010

aj_the_kidd wrote:
    Hiro your a friggin idiot, slap yourself in the face, peter stop being so niave, and claire, just shutup, please just shutup.

LOL dude that cracked me up so bad. "Claire, just shut up. please just shutup!" Lol. people REALLY aren't playin when they say they dont like her, huh?

Now take all that heated frustration, and substitute the Heroes characters for the actual Heroes WRITERS. Lol. its a lot more fun. Trust me. Especially if you find out their names. This means u TIM KRING!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks this show was cursed from the start b/c of its name? i mean, no one ever really ACTS like a Hero. Instead they're all whiny and selfish...Hey, I've got it. Selfish @ssholes! Thats what it should've been called. B/c every gotdamn character on this show only cares about their gotdamn self! I'd pay more attention to a show like that. At least I wouldnt have to sit thru having to watch them fake their way through bravery.

Edited on 01/09/2010 11:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.

CharmedOneP391

[317]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 19
    filmstu2005 wrote:

aj_the_kidd wrote:
    Hiro your a friggin idiot, slap yourself in the face, peter stop being so niave, and claire, just shutup, please just shutup.

LOL dude that cracked me up so bad. "Claire, just shut up. please just shutup!" Lol. people REALLY aren't playin when they say they dont like her, huh?

Now take all that heated frustration, and substitute the Heroes characters for the actual Heroes WRITERS. Lol. its a lot more fun. Trust me. Especially if you find out their names. This means u TIM KRING!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks this show was cursed from the start b/c of its name? i mean, no one ever really ACTS like a Hero. Instead they're all whiny and selfish...Hey, I've got it. Selfish @ssholes! Thats what it should've been called. B/c every gotdamn character on this show only cares about their gotdamn self! I'd pay more attention to a show like that. At least I wouldnt have to sit thru having to watch them fake their way through bravery.

agree with the writers thing..they do need to finally pull themselves together...enough is enough. season 4 not horrible..not bad...pretty good...oh this is boring. oh wow thats cool yeaa thats great..oh wtf is this? it's called inconsistensy. good writing then just some boring crap. still addicted tho..happens in all shows. (maybe not Lost)

Now..I dont agree that every single character on this show is selfish and only cares about themselves. Peter has clearly been selfless this season..he saved 53 people in two weeks. Tracy saved Micah which is the only person she really cares about besides Noah...and she turned down her job cuz she wants to help people.

Hiro and Ando made a little business to help people using their powers. Lydia and her daughter. Matt and his son. Claire saved all their asses on flight 195 in volume 4. them trying to figure their lives out isn't being selfish..otherwise they'd be running around doing superhero antics 24/7 (volume 3) which, now get this...people bi*ched about. surprised that people are still **** im not..they'll never stop.

akamidnight

[318]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 13
    I have a question: In episode 4x12, 'The Fifth Stage', how could Sylar use his super strength power (lifting people up inches of the floor by their neck with one hand is NOT normal) in the lift, even though Peter had the Haitian's power? I didn't think you could turn power blocking off...

KingofIPirates

[319]Jan 13, 2010
    It was telekinesis, and it's because Peter initially hadn't suppressed Sylar's ability. It's already been demonstrated that the individual can choose not to suppress a power.

loldude1

[320]Jan 26, 2010
    please go to http://macvehackler.tr.gg