Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

Redhunt_86

[41]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 2

1.Elle's susceptible to electric shocks. How satisfying it would be if HRG was zapped to hell. Yipees.

2. Peter's immune to time-freeze.

3. Peter not asking and questioning why the hell was Adam locked up for so long while spending months in prison. Even if he did, why is there not a single shred of doubt in Adam's concocted history lesson

4. Some top-secret security " we have good faith in Peter that he will take his pills and not try to escape"

5. West.

6. HRG is still alive. Using claire's blood brings the dead back to life. Woopies...superhero zombie outbreak in Season 3 aka Marvel Zombies.

Heroes is tied as the greatest exercise for eye rolling on tv together with Prison break.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ns8730

[42]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 1

Redhunt_86 wrote:

I think this is because he has the same powers and so it's either being controlled subconsciously or you can't time-freeze one who also has the power to time-freeze.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

3. Peter not asking and questioning why the hell was Adam locked up for so long while spending months in prison. Even if he did, why is there not a single shred of doubt in Adam's concocted history lesson

On the fence on this one. We did see progressions of trust in each episode, albeit a dumb trust.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

5. West.

YES!! What a dumb character.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

Heroes is tied as the greatest exercise for eye rolling on tv together with Prison break.

Yup, it is heading that way it seems. And I had so much faith for this show

Redhunt_86 wrote:

4. Some top-secret security " we have good faith in Peter that he will take his pills and not try to escape"

This brings me to another point that really bothered me after seeing that episode. Now for such an uber elite company, they decide to put Peter in a cell right next to one of their biggest threats and nemeses!!! Not only that, but they don't even bloody make sure the walls are sound proof, they should've noticed Peter talking on the security cameras. In fact, a company of this stature would've gotten a security system for monitoring their prisoners that could also record sound. Le sigh.

zero899cool

[43]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    ns8730 wrote:
    Redhunt_86 wrote:

This brings me to another point that really bothered me after seeing that episode. Now for such an uber elite company, they decide to put Peter in a cell right next to one of their biggest threats and nemeses!!! Not only that, but they don't even bloody make sure the walls are sound proof, they should've noticed Peter talking on the security cameras. In fact, a company of this stature would've gotten a security system for monitoring their prisoners that could also record sound. Le sigh.

I really did suspend my belief on their security system until Mohinder said to Bob that he was able to infiltrate their security and he's an amateur. That really makes your points more than valid.

entity0

[44]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 28
    i just want evil sylar to be back into killin T-T

ThatShaneGuy

[45]Nov 29, 2007
    Redhunt_86 wrote:

1.Elle's susceptible to electric shocks. How satisfying it would be if HRG was zapped to hell. Yipees.

I don't understand why people always assume a person should be immune to their own power. Its refreshing that Elles can be electrocuted. For all we know, Ted was not immune to radiation.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

Peter could also see Claude when he was invisible. It makes sense that Peter is "immune" to the effects considering his DNA instictly copies the abilities of other when they are near by. He simply insticntly enters the frozen time or weird plane of existence that is invisibility. Matches his power for this to happen really.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

Peter was in cell next to him for almost 4 months, I'm sure they discussed why Adam was in there, just offscene is all. He doesn't doubt Adam because he was a cell mate who he befriended over months of intense contact with each other (24-7 for almost 4 months).Adam is like a POW pal to Peter, he has no reason to doubt him yet.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

If it turns out Bob and Adam are in bed together, then thats fine and would make no sense if they didn't act like that.BUT If it turns out Adam is actually Bob's enemy for real, then I agree with you 100%, and find the whole idea of Peter being allowed anywhere near Adam as crazy-stupid on Bob's part and makes the company look like a bunch of school kids playing spy games instead of the real deal.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

5. West.

I agree with you, but only because of the floating stalking scene in ep 1. If not for that scene, West would have just been a Zach who could fly and not been so unlikable instead.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

6. HRG is still alive. Using claire's blood brings the dead back to life. Woopies...superhero zombie outbreak in Season 3 aka Marvel Zombies.

Oh I hear you there.Setting up thebrain rules in season 1, then doing this blood crap in season 2 is giant plot hole and just poor lazy writting. Blood that healsAND brings back the dead.. WTF! Even Lindermans powers couldn't heal the dead.

Redhunt_86 wrote:

In some ways I agree on this too, but only in regard to season 2. The producer and writershave a lot to answer for. So help me, if they explain Peter and Sylar's TK as being a "force controlled by micobes in their body" I'll stop watching in disgust. If they don't pick up their game and stop just cruising along on the wave of season one popularity, Heroes won't last past season 3 or 4.

jabalong

[46]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    Let me first say that I love Heroes and to my mind even if the show was half as good it would still have more appeal to me than most other shows out there. So I hope it goes on and on. But that said, my praise is not without criticism. As some people have suggested here, there are often a lot of obvious holes or weaknesses in the writing.

This quote from Heroes producer-director Greg Beeman on his blog (Beaming Beeman, 26 November 2007) might be symptomatic of the problem: "Film making is an always fascinating experience. It is one where the emotional experience the viewer has is what ends up mattering more than anything else. Logic and plot are necessary, but ultimately are cold emotionally. (...) We all chase emotion primarily, not style or plot."

Well I get the need to connect emotionally, but a weak plot will often void the emotional experience for the viewer. On the flip side though, part of being a viewer of any work of fiction is the need to suspend disbelief to varying degrees. With that in mind, why doesn't Peter just read Adam's mind? Good question. I'd say the most plausible answer to that is that Peter is not fully mastering all the powers he has, so it doesn't come natural to him to just pick up on people's thoughts like Matt does. For him, he needs to make a concerted effort and so far hasn't had a reason to on Adam. Though if I was a mind reader, I'd be reading people all the time. But if Peter did that, he couldn't be manipulated and this season's storyline would be shot all over the place. So requires a little suspension of disbelief.

Man_Of_Miracles

[47]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 6
    [QUOTE="ThatShaneGuy"]
    Redhunt_86 wrote:

I don't understand why people always assume a person should be immune to their own power. Its refreshing that Elles can be electrocuted. For all we know, Ted was not immune to radiation.

[QUOTE] She is able to deal with electrical shocks. Its the water that is lowering her resistance and her tolerance for electricity. Basic physics. Plus most fictional elementals have a sort of, opposite element weakness.

Fire4eva222

[48]Nov 29, 2007

Ok I love heroes and all, but there has been some stuff this season that has just been so stupid and annoying.

West. Ugh. thats all I can say. He is so insanely pointless and irritating. "Mr. Butler? What are you doing?" What the heck?? What do you THINK i'm going?? I mean! Come on!

Claire. Wow, her story line has just been baaaaaaaaaaaad this season. Let me ask you something...what was the point of making her a cheerleader again? Personally I think they did it for two reasons. 1. to fill space 2. so they can keep refering to her as the "indestructible cheerleader". The whole plan to get onto the squad with West was pointless. Without those scenes we could have focused more on the IMPORTANT characters, like matt, peter, or nathan.

Hiro. Um well, I thought Hiro's plot was OK but it went on way too long. He should have stayed in Feudal Japan for like 2 episodes and been done with it. What happened to Hiro any way? Is it just me or does he seem much different this season. Less like his cheerful self and more intense. I miss Ando too. They need to just go back to America together and try to save the world. Oh yeah! and in Truths or Consequences I thought it was really stupid how Hiro just shows up in Odessa with Peter and all of the sudden they start to fight. I would have thought they would have said something to each other, after, everybody had thought Peter died.

Mohinder. Oh Dr. Suresh what can I say about you...I'm kind of sick of him being with the company and being so naive. I don't understand why he can think Noah is so horrible and a bad person and yet still stand with the company even though he knows that they are the ones who trained him and taught him. You'd think he'd get a hint.

Peter. First off, Peter is my all time favorite character ever but it seems like this season he is a totally different person. Recently I was re-watching season 1 and I compared that peter to this one. I swear they are not the same. That Peter was so lovable and just was looking for a way to help people. Then he found out about the explosion and he did everything to try and stop it then was willing to sacrafice himself to stop it in order to save millions of people. *Nathan just clarified that Peter couldn't die even if he exploded* "doesn't really matter does it? If I go nuclear do you know how many people are going to die?" Well that was his motive. To help the world. THIS season with the virus, billions of people might die, but all he can think about is if he changes time he'll get Catilin back. What the heck??

Monica. She has absolutly no purpose. has she done anything important all season? no! she's just figured out what he power is and then couldn't use it even when she was getting kidnapped by gangsters. But she's not all bad. It's kind of refreshing to have a woman hero who doesn't whine about it every ten second (claire, maya, niki). She seems to embrace that she is different and wants to use it to her advantage.

Maya and Alejandro. One down, one to go

It may have sounded like i just said bad things but there are a lot of positives too. I just don't feel like writing them right now.

zero899cool

[49]Nov 29, 2007
    Fire4eva222 wrote:

Hiro. Um well, I thought Hiro's plot was OK but it went on way too long. He should have stayed in Feudal Japan for like 2 episodes and been done with it. What happened to Hiro any way? Is it just me or does he seem much different this season. Less like his cheerful self and more intense. I miss Ando too. They need to just go back to America together and try to save the world. Oh yeah! and in Truths or Consequences I thought it was really stupid how Hiro just shows up in Odessa with Peter and all of the sudden they start to fight. I would have thought they would have said something to each other, after, everybody had thought Peter died.

Wow, I really let that go!!! There was no "Peter Petrelli, I thought you were dead?!" "Nice to see you Hiro." **Hugs** and then an explanation about Adam BUT that would ruin the whole Peter vs. Hiro thing I guess.

DaVulture

[50]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 23

There's a couple of things that irritate me about Heroes this season.

1. Way too Many Characters- I love the series but the show has become overpopulated with unnecessary new character. To be honest with you, Isaac the Painter was alot more interesting then Maya and Alejandro. There storyline has become so pretentious and irritating that not even Sylar can help them out. Then there is Monica I don't mind her but again she seems unnecessary we get that there are alot of Heroes all over the world but you don't have to show all of them in one episode.

2. Lack of Action- The show lacks any imaginative action sequences. The big build up last year of Peter vs. Sylar turned nothing more then a 5 minute lame brain sequence. Even this season, we haven't got enough action sequences and this may be due to an overpopulated amount of characters or because the show doesn't lack a budget. Still though make fight scenes better then a one punch knockout.

3. Underused Nathan- What about Adrian Pasdar? He was so cool last season but this season he is so underutilized they've got to give him something to do. I really feel that we don't get to see enough of him.

4. The No-Brainers: Well then there is the Characters of Mohinder, Peter, Hiro and Maya who seem to all have one thing in common they really are way to naive.

Mohinder- He is perhaps the most guillible character ever written on a Drama Series. He used to be a Professor trying to find out who killed his father, yet he became so naive that it made me question how on earth this guy even became a professor. He basically betrays HRG's trust and being a complete moron and tells Bob everything they were planning. Why would Bob care Mohinder? Then it brings me to another question about Mohinder. Why does he care so much about Niki? She shoved his face against a wall and broke his nose. Then there is the question of HRG, I was kind of ticked off when he shot HRG. But to be naive enough to tell HRG that it's his fault for ending up where he is now. Mohinder is way to naive, and seriously needs to stop trusting everyone he meets.

Hiro- Then there's Hiro. He got kind of annoying during the Kensei saga. Perhaps it's because he to like Mohinder is way to gullible but he got kind of annoying with his lectures to Kensei every five minutes on what it takes to be a true Hiro. Luckily enough though he is back in America and it makes the show more interesting. But for a period during the Kensei saga he was just unbearable.

Peter- Similar to Mohinder, Peter isn't very bright. He ends up spending 2 months in a Prison cell not realizing that he is a prisoner. Then there is the scene in last week's episode where Adam kills Victoria Pratt and Peter doesn't question why Adam would kill her. He just lacks common sense and any actual intelligence. I understand he wants Caitlin back but there's something that he still hasn't picked up from last season, intelligence.

Maya- She's new but to immediately trust Sylar after a 2 minute conversation, ignore him despite the fact he killed his mother. She's very smart.

5. Bad Writing- I think one of the Heroes writer's left to Pushing Daisies which may be a reason why this season all the characters seem pretty poorly drawn out. I guess it's the Sophomore slump but still this season could have been done better. They could have made the storyline develop quicker and actually given dimension to the characters.

SonGokuo

[51]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 7

I've tried to pull my punches against Season 2. But to be honest, it's been pretty awful at times. Blaming it all on the strike is a huge cop-out too. The first few episodes of this season were god awful.

Other than that: West. The actor is literally the worst actor I've ever seen. Gee golly, Mr. Butler what are you doing? I totally don't remember your evilness when I was a kid and abducting me, even though I said I did less than 4 episodes ago. I'm so totally confused even though I just threatened to drop you from the poor man's CGI view of Costa Verde 5 minutes ago.

The Telemundo Twins. Jesus, where to start. Their introduction was awful. Who are they? Why are they running? Unfortunately, Kring assumed we'd give a crap about these questions. Here's a hint: We don't care about two people we don't know running from something we don't know about and for unknown reasons. All we care about is how they are connected to the main story and what their powers are. Their back story in Four Months Ago should have been shown in the first episode. Better yet, they shouldn't exist at all until such time they actually have something meaningful to contribute to the plot. Verdict? Sylar food.

Inconsistently good writing. Some episodes have been amazing, on the par of Season 1's better episodes. The other episodes seem like they've been robbed from the trash cans of washed up fan fiction writers. I'm not sure why this is.. but it needs to improve immediately. Pacing. Some episodes have been totally worthless and done little but focused on Claire and her 'relationship' with West. Since when is this 90210? Seriously. Nothing happens other than filler lines and setups for the following episode. Meanwhile other episodes have been totally rushed and would have been good if they hadn't crammed so much stuff in to it. Truth And Consequences was a good example of this.

Claire blood. Bringing people back from the dead is OK. Bringing people back from the dead two minutes after they die is not OK. It's especially not OK if you do it following a whole emotional scene where Hiro is supposed to be coming to the conclusion that everyone has a time to die and that we can't play God. Unless it's HRG and a fan favorite is the one dying. Then cheap last minute hackery to write HRG back in to avoid rioting is totally OK. Yeah, thanks Jesse Alexander. Nice way to totally destroy the point you were trying to make with the episode.

Most of the stuff wrong with Season 2 is highly superficial and easily fixed: Less annoying characters (and, sadly, probably less characters in general), less last minute hackery with respect to writing, need for overall plot early on, less time wasted on new character development and more on plot progression.

Edited on 11/30/2007 1:25am

Sektos

[52]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 10
    Not only that, But now the regen power is making even less sense- The blood heals other ppl who have completely different DNA and heals their scars (which is healed tissue). On top of that is doesnt need the brain Active in order for it to do this, SO WHY is cutting the head off or damaging it going to kill them. It didnt make sense in S1 because if their brain is dead then how does it order the body to regenerate back to life, BUT NOW ITS COMPLETELY OFF- they shouldnt have even died in the first place.

breve711

[53]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 8
    even though i know claire's a teenager and some teenagers are selfish, spoiled little brats, it still drives me crazy when she's going to choose her boyfriend of 5minutes over her family! wtf is up with that? ugh, i was waiting for him to tie her up...don't get me started on west...

mohinder and his wishy-washiness is seriously pissing me off. the same way he did when he just takes sylar along with him on his heroes finding mission in season 1.

hiro and peter...their respective storylines in japan and ireland i hated. way too long for me. similar with the twins. a little too much of the same thing, but then along comes sylar and things get a little interesting.there are tons of things i liked about this season too but this is a thread to vent...

gcmest24

[54]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 11
    entity0 wrote:
    i just want evil sylar to be back into killin T-T
    Me too entity. Me too.

BansheeRider

[55]Dec 1, 2007
    Killing off D.L. in a poor way.
    In my opinion Adam Monroe is a great villian.
    But staying in the past too long did make a great story between Hiro and his Hero, but....it shudve been shorter...yeah..

Something about Adam and Peter's story doesnt seem right and it could be so much better, I think they shouldve made adam and peters little journey to the virus longer, it just seems weak.

BansheeRider

[56]Dec 1, 2007
    BansheeRider wrote:
    Killing off D.L. in a poor way.
    In my opinion Adam Monroe is a great villian.
    But staying in the past too long did make a great story between Hiro and his Hero, but....it shudve been shorter...yeah..

Something about Adam and Peter's story doesnt seem right and it could be so much better, I think they shouldve made adam and peters little journey to the virus longer, it just seems weak.

I meant the killing off D.L. thing sucked.
    And how Sylar killed Alejandro, it happened so fast, no struggle at all really, sylar just owned lol but it still shouldnt had been a weak fight.

Bisrossk

[57]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 9

I don't think I really have anything new to add but, yeah, the writing's just been horrific this season. It's closer to a soap opera than anything -and not even a good soap opera. The characters are aggrivating, the storytelling is clumsy, and it doesn't feel like the story's moved forward at all (except Matt has a new ability). It used to be fun, but now I have to force myself to watch it and I end up skipping past nearly all of the story lines.

The biggest issue is that I hate all of the characters now and I don't really care about their plotlines. I can't even give examples, because I literally do hate watching every single one of the people on this show. Peter in Ireland was promising, and I loved seeing Veronica Mars, but I just can't watch that show anymore. I could forgive a filler episode or two, or a few annoying characters, but the entire season has been an enormous disappointment and I think I gave it more than enough time to improve.

Sektos

[58]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 10
    I would have completely cut Micah, Monica and Nikki out, and only have them mentioned in "FMA" and "FML" eg Moh: "After DL died in Kirby Plaza, Nikki said she was taking Micah away to start a new life" . They could have reintro'd them in Vol3/S3 with a blended NIki/Jes and Micah and intro'd MOnica then. These character were non-vital to the story, with Monica and MIcah taking up time, and NIki doing her annoying, cra*ppy whinging again.

MOh should have been teamed with Elle from the start and that way she would have gotten more developement.

AL and Maya should have been intro'd in the ep they get the car and the Car driver never included. In the same ep they get it the should have run into Sylar on the road. Next episode they should have shown Maya's power when they cross the border. Then they would show in "FMA" why they were on run and Maya wanted for murder. To make it more believable that Maya would leave Al when she had a chance, i would have shown in more clearly that Al was angry at her for his Wife and Maya not in the best of relationships with Bro.

MORE time to Nathan & Matt hunting down Nightmare-man and original heroes (were just killed off most off screen ) and Showing Nightmare man as being more of a threatening (i get making him old and a little fat to trick Matt into underestimating him, but did they need to make him so fat and weak voiced) and powerful villian (the guy was meant to be worse than Sylar). There was that brief scene as he walks out of Apartment i LOVED with an evil smile, but by nxt ep with him he is a weakling again.

Hiro in Past with Adam- First episode stay the same with them. By nxt we should have had Hiro save daughter and Adam find power and accept destiny- with the fighting of angry Ronin. Keep the brief scene of them suming some of the adventure or/and show them just finishing one. By 4th ep have them attack camp, free father and have Adam find out about Hiro & daughter, and have him turn on him in that one ep.

Practicly remove Claire (the whiny, moaning Teen) and have her go to school first day. Remove west or drasticly reduce it so he isnt so overly OC, but keep most of scenes of HRG with CLaire. Claire was NOT so vital, and doing the rehash of her character was final straw for me. Remove the blood curing ppl; it makes no sense, and makes the plot hole of their brain being vital to their survival removed. Adam can keep blood, but then his power would be diff from Claires and destroying head wouldnt work- makes sense because theres been 400 years of guns, swords and explosives yet still he's alive.

I have enjoyed this season, but it has had way too many painful moments of bad characters and stories that have reduced it from how good in became in 2nd half of S1.

OpenYourEyez

[59]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    It's pretty consistent the things people have liked and not liked about this season.

Yes, it's easy to blame the strike but also we have to wonder how much impact did it really have?

I think it could be that the first season was so good, that it's hard to top it when there's less than 6 months to write for a new season. Who knows how long the first season took to write, maybe years.

Most of the issues people are complaining about could have been seen coming by the third episode, and corrected. For example, people don't like the twins, OK, so make them pawns that help Sylar get over the border by episode 3 and then have him kill them off. Then the time that was devoted to them in the rest of the episodes could have been filled with more Sylar disruptions of the overall storyline, just as in Season 1.

Like, what exactly is Sylar going to do with Maya that's so important to the storyline. He ends up in Mohinder's turf and... then what? He manipulates her to be his own personal killer? He does that just fine on his own. And what if he did get her to be his killer? He can't be anywhere near her when she COMPLETES a kill because he would be dead too. Yes, he helped her to control her power but it was not impliaed he taught her how to focus it, only how to stop it when she didn't want it to happen. So what use is she to the storyline? None.

The boring Nikki/Micah storyline and stupid way DL was killed, when he could have very well just been written off as dying at the end of the first season. Only possible reason to continue with her storyline is if she plays an integral part - OK she's carrying the virus now and will die ... so kill her off. Unless her having the virus is meaningful, but even in that case they wou;d not have needed to bring her back in as part of the storyline until later in the season, again leaving more space for storylines that people actually care about.

OK finally the West thing. There was no need for the romance storyline, it could have been done without that, nobody would miss it, and it would leave more room for better storylines. Claire could have formed a deep friendship with him due to their sharing having powers and perceived problems in life, and build a trust in him - but no need for a sappy romance.

I'm on the fence about Monica. The problem with her character is she's served absolutely no purpose. She's like her story was a sub-plot of a sub-plot. Bob took her into the Company for a short time for "training" or some BS and planned to inject her but was talked out of it and then she's back home in sub-plot land along with Micah and his useless sub-plot. Her character could have been pretty interesting had she been integrated into the main storylines, since she's not really super-powered so much as super-skilled, like a young hottie physical version of HRG.

Those are my complaints. The rest of the storylines have been good and still make me wait to watch the shoe every week. I hope the writers read this forum and other forums and get a better feel now for what people don't want to see so they can focus on what made the first season so stellar.

coandbart

[60]Dec 3, 2007

Hey, I just had an ideea. What if the haitian tried to erase Adam's memory and Adam kinda faked that he lost it... remember the scene with Peter were Adam told him he could recover his memory with his skills (Adam's skills that is). How could Adam know that he can recover memories if he hasn't experienced that himself? That would explain Bob's inocence of putting Peter next to Adam. He must have thought Adam had no recollection of the past. That is one way to put it.

I just love Heroes. It's hard to tell why but I do. Of course I hate some characters. I do hate new Mohinder. He seems so stupid lately, but I do think there is a purpose. I hate Sylar too, but not for himself. I just don't see a good reason behind his actions. I don't think that people are genuinely evil, unless they are deranged, and he doesn't fit either.. he acts evil but doesn't seem loony enough (that didn't come out right). He just wants other people's power/skills. The kid... (after some reflection) He doesn't seem to have a purpose. He gathers the skills for what? He didn't explode, he didn't spread the virus.. It's too petty. At beginning Adam seemed to have that purpose, the love of a woman. But how would that twist him into a mass murderer? And it's Hiro's fault in a way, because he couldn't let go of his childhood fantasies, believing in legends stuff.

But I understand the purpose of the show .. conveying emotions and stuff .. and I'm all for it. I guess that's why I'm so into it.

Edited on 12/03/2007 7:05am
    Edited 2 total times.