Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

Sektos

[61]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 10
    coandbart wrote:

Hey, I just had an ideea. What if the haitian tried to erase Adam's memory and Adam kinda faked that he lost it... remember the scene with Peter were Adam told him he could recover his memory with his skills (Adam's skills that is). How could Adam know that he can recover memories if he hasn't experienced that himself? That would explain Bob's inocence of putting Peter next to Adam. He must have thought Adam had no recollection of the past. That is one way to put it.

I just love Heroes. It's hard to tell why but I do. Of course I hate some characters. I do hate new Mohinder. He seems so stupid lately, but I do think there is a purpose. I hate Sylar too, but not for himself. I just don't see a good reason behind his actions. I don't think that people are genuinely evil, unless they are deranged, and he doesn't fit either.. he acts evil but doesn't seem loony enough (that didn't come out right). He just wants other people's power/skills. The kid... (after some reflection) He doesn't seem to have a purpose. He gathers the skills for what? He didn't explode, he didn't spread the virus.. It's too petty. At beginning Adam seemed to have that purpose, the love of a woman. But how would that twist him into a mass murderer? And it's Hiro's fault in a way, because he couldn't let go of his childhood fantasies, believing in legends stuff.

But I understand the purpose of the show .. conveying emotions and stuff .. and I'm all for it. I guess that's why I'm so into it.

Its possible they tried the Haitian on Adam, and he learnt he can overcome his "jedi mind tricks"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dark-Messenger

[62]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 9
    One thing I hate right now is that it's the season finale already, I feel completely cheated.

zero899cool

[63]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    Dark-Messenger wrote:
    One thing I hate right now is that it's the season finale already, I feel completely cheated.

Yup!! I hate that I have to wait until Sep 2008 for an episode and that Volume 3 is called VILLIANS because the bad guys do all the cool stuff and it will be the best. Sylar made this episode so good and so did all the other bad guys including HRG and the Company.

Dark-Messenger

[64]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 9
    Yeah, it's more of the fact the story is "broken" to me now, seeing how they didn't get to show the second part of volume two and had to rewrite "Powerless" to fit as the season finale. I'm steaming right now lol.
    Edited on 12/03/2007 7:06pm

zero899cool

[65]Dec 3, 2007
    Ok, now I have to complain about the people in this forum who are creating threads with SPOILERS from this episode instead of discussing it in the EPISODE thread. That's not cool to people who haven't seen the show yet!!!!

birddog200

[66]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 6
    Wow this finale was actually worse then last seasons, ugh.... So much stupidity.......

zero899cool

[67]Dec 4, 2007
    birddog200 wrote:
    Wow this finale was actually worse then last seasons, ugh.... So much stupidity.......

Details...please post details. It's going to take a while for the finale to all sink in before I can complain about it.

Th3L05T

[68]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 7

zero899cool wrote:
    SonGokuo wrote:
    Directed at nobody in particular: Stop complaining when people die. Get over it. All of you act like spoiled rotten little children. It's ruining the show too, because the writers are too afraid to kill anyone off.
    As much as I love HRG I have to agree with you. He should've never been shot in the first place but if they are going to shoot him and they did then he should die. You have a thread about cheapening death and if they keep NOT killing people then they are cheapening it.

Don't you think it's just continued homage to the comic book genre? Captain America, Spiderman, Superman and many others have been killed off and returned in that media.

For me at least them doing that is just part of the appeal of the show.

birddog200

[69]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 6
    zero899cool wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:

Details...please post details. It's going to take a while for the finale to all sink in before I can complain about it.

-Peter not phasing through the vault door.
    -Peter not destroying the virus himself instead he lets adam go in alone (wtf?)
    -Peter choking hiro
    -Peter OK with killing all the gaurds.
    -Peter trusting adam for so long (was idiocy the writers idea of kryptonite for this character? It's like they realized they made him to powerful so they decided to make him a freakin idiot to counter it.

-Monica/Micah were pointless this season. The only purpose they served was to kill off Nikki (another character made useless this season)
    -Claire's "acting" scenes were all *claw my eyes* out painfully to watch.

-Did they run out of money this season? It's like they went out of their way to not show special effects... -When west flies away they cut twice, once to show his upper half starting to fly then the next cut was his feet flying out of view (looked awful). -When Nathan flies the human giant Parkman in for a landing alls they show is their feet lol. -When hero charges peter in the beginning they cut peter out of the scene so they don't actually have to show the electric blast effect.

When I look at Battlestar Gallactica's or even Smallville's special effects, they blow this crap out of the water.

Ugh /endrant. Anyways this is all my opinion and no offense to those who liked the finale I just needed to vent.

zero899cool

[70]Dec 4, 2007
    birddog200 wrote:
    zero899cool wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:

-Peter choking hiro
    -Peter trusting adam for so long (was idiocy the writers idea of kryptonite for this character? It's like they realized they made him to powerful so they decided to make him a freakin idiot to counter it.

-Monica/Micah were pointless this season. The only purpose they served was to kill off Nikki (another character made useless this season)

-Did they run out of money this season? It's like they went out of their way to not show special effects... -When west flies away they cut twice, once to show his upper half starting to fly then the next cut was his feet flying out of view (looked awful). -When Nathan flies the human giant Parkman in for a landing alls they show is their feet lol. -When hero charges peter in the beginning they cut peter out of the scene so they don't actually have to show the electric blast effect.

When I look at Battlestar Gallactica's or even Smallville's special effects, they blow this crap out of the water.

Ugh /endrant. Anyways this is all my opinion and no offense to those who liked the finale I just needed to vent.

Don't apologize, this thread is for venting. No one is offended. The whole Peter and Hiro thing still pisses me off. It's really dumb. Adam admitted to killing Hiro's father. Adam was going to kill Hiro if Peter didn't TK him away but Peter still kept following Adam. They continue to let Peter use certain powers whenever the writers feel it necessary to use them and not when a normal person would use them (i.e. reading Adam's mind) They definitely cheaped out on the special effects and Matt is acting like he never met Hiro before. Why the hell are people still acting like they don't know each other?! Did Kirby Plaza mean anything?! Guess not!! Niki better be dead and stay dead or else there will be plenty more to say on this thread.

ChichipioWilson

[71]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 16
    zero899cool wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:
    zero899cool wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:

-Peter choking hiro

Don't apologize, this thread is for venting. No one is offended. The whole Peter and Hiro thing still pisses me off. It's really dumb. Adam admitted to killing Hiro's father. Adam was going to kill Hiro if Peter didn't TK him away but Peter still kept following Adam. They continue to let Peter use certain powers whenever the writers feel it necessary to use them and not when a normal person would use them (i.e. reading Adam's mind) They definitely cheaped out on the special effects and Matt is acting like he never met Hiro before. Why the hell are people still acting like they don't know each other?! Did Kirby Plaza mean anything?! Guess not!! Niki better be dead and stay dead or else there will be plenty more to say on this thread.

I couldn't agree more with both of you! Same goes for Nathan's dead. He and Nikki either stay dead or I'm done with the show. Enough with magic blood thing. The whole "I-write-a-lame-cliffhanger-and-then-I-fix-it-with-magic-blood" is getting soooo tired.
    These last eps, instead of thinking who will be the next one to get killed I was thinking about the next one to be bring back to life!

I also think Peter's character was cool in the beginning when he didn't know how to use his powers. Now, it's just ruining the show. Like birddog said he's too powerful, he can do anything. That's make the writing so difficult. I like when others characters work togheter to get something done. They only have one ability so they have to figure the best way of using it in that particular situation but when peter is around everything feels like they're doing complicate something that can be done so simple. Almost any plothole this season has had can be tracked back to this matter.

sporkman5353

[72]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 18

HRGs character is weakening, especially compared to the awesomeness that was"company man"

goteamben

[73]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 3

I wasn't actually planning on watching the second series, but my new housemates are big fans so ended up viewing most of it with them. Yes, the biggest problem with Heroes is the mixture of good writing and bad writing. The dialogue is usually very good, usually good plotlines, and contrary to what others may think i like that there's a wide cast of characters (most of whom are compelling...but there's also Nikki...) The bad is that if you ever stop and think about an episode for a minute it never actually makes sense, and the characters powers seem to change based on what the writers need them to do that day (sometimes when Hiro travells in time and backit appears to those around him to be instant...but some times for no apparent reason he's gone for large periods of time...Sylar can only hear people from a distance when it suits the plot, etc, etc.

I know alot of the complaints similar to mine that people level at the show do seem petty, but the problem was after the early episodes my friends andI enjoyed debating what will happen next; only half the time when the next episode came out all our brain-racking counts for nothing because the writers have moved the goal-posts again. The whole of the first series didnt really make sense when you bare in mind that Future Hiro said that in his future Sylar had killed Claire and taken her powers, which is how he survived after Future Hiro stabbed him. However it turn's out Claire was actually alive the whole time, so Sylar should've died. (Our present day Hiro in fact did nothing of note different from Future Hiro, yet the outcomes were completely different.)

I still watch (and enjoy) the show, largely due to the amount of likeable or interesting characters, and the writers (this is so cliche...) are masters of suspense. Unfortunately, despite being dressed up as such, the show isn't as intelligent as it likes to pretend (and as i hoped it would be based on early episodes), but for good, if slightly brainless fun; this is one of the top shows on TV.

goteamben

[74]Dec 5, 2007
    And just one more thing, Nikki's 'death' (or any recent death) has lost any impact because you expect them to be alive by the next episode. I half suspect Isaac'll be brough back to life soon...

Shadow1452

[75]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 1

Am I the only one annoyed that we have been waiting all season for something of any significance to happen, and everything is shoved upon us on the finale.

*Virus is nuked into anticlimactic oblivion after a bunch of build up.

*World is saved yet again from Petrelli stupidity.

*Nathan is offed.(Pending)

*Meta-Human uprising is hinted at.

*Sylar is back.

*Maya meets Mohinder.

*Hiro incapacitates Adam.(Pending)

*Nikki is asploded.

*Death is now a temporary ordeal.

*Clare and HRG reunite.

*Elle turns face.

*and Bob eats Key Lime Pie.

It just seems that between the pacing and the writing issues, that Heroes is driving me nuts with inconsistencies like that.

Edited on 12/05/2007 12:55pm

Sektos

[76]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 10
    goteamben wrote:

I wasn't actually planning on watching the second series, but my new housemates are big fans so ended up viewing most of it with them. Yes, the biggest problem with Heroes is the mixture of good writing and bad writing. The dialogue is usually very good, usually good plotlines, and contrary to what others may think i like that there's a wide cast of characters (most of whom are compelling...but there's also Nikki...) The bad is that if you ever stop and think about an episode for a minute it never actually makes sense, and the characters powers seem to change based on what the writers need them to do that day (sometimes when Hiro travells in time and backit appears to those around him to be instant...but some times for no apparent reason he's gone for large periods of time...Sylar can only hear people from a distance when it suits the plot, etc, etc.

I know alot of the complaints similar to mine that people level at the show do seem petty, but the problem was after the early episodes my friends andI enjoyed debating what will happen next; only half the time when the next episode came out all our brain-racking counts for nothing because the writers have moved the goal-posts again. The whole of the first series didnt really make sense when you bare in mind that Future Hiro said that in his future Sylar had killed Claire and taken her powers, which is how he survived after Future Hiro stabbed him. However it turn's out Claire was actually alive the whole time, so Sylar should've died. (Our present day Hiro in fact did nothing of note different from Future Hiro, yet the outcomes were completely different.)

I still watch (and enjoy) the show, largely due to the amount of likeable or interesting characters, and the writers (this is so cliche...) are masters of suspense. Unfortunately, despite being dressed up as such, the show isn't as intelligent as it likes to pretend (and as i hoped it would be based on early episodes), but for good, if slightly brainless fun; this is one of the top shows on TV.

Um no. Sorry but thats a big mistake on your part - 5YG is a DIFFERENT future from the one Future Hiro came from. He changed the past by having Claire saved by Peter, BUT Past Hiro had teleported to the future, meaning he wasnt present in the last three episodes. This caused the events of 5YG to occur:

* Peter was now the bomb because he had met Claire, over powered and seen vision.This led to him encountering Ted and not being able to control his power, and without Hiro there to stab Sylar no one could stop him from exploding in City.

* Hiro (and Ando) never told Nathan that he would become a "bad man" and delay him, which would have helped cause him to listen to Claire and help peter.

* Hiro (and Ando) would never have delayed and messed with Sylar 3 times meaning that the timing off events would be different, and Sylar may never have killed his mother, could have left the city or a variety of different out comes

Fact is 5YG occurs in a different future from Future Hiro's. In HIs:

* Sylar was the Bomb and had killed claire, thus he regenerated after being stabbed and actually exploded - dieing in the process.

* Claire was Dead and Peter never met Her, and may never have met Hiro, HRG and Ted before the Bomb

* Nathan was ACTUALLY the president and, like Sylar said he was b4 he killed him, he was a bad guy.

Edited on 12/05/2007 5:29pm

JJBurns84_basic

[77]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 8
    Time travel always leaves a lot of plot holes, and I think it should be omitted from sci-fi shows. However, it's not the only source. I'll try not to reiterate the plethora of good complaints already stated.

*Why didn't Hiro immediately transport back to the future before he changed anything after he realized he was in the past?

*If Peter changes the future, won't Caitlin cease to exist because she is trapped in an alternate timeline?

*Why are characters that have the ability to freeze time held hostage by weapons? Maybe if they had to take time to make some kind of gesture this would make sense, but they can do it with a thought.

*Why did everyone think Peter was dead when they knew that Ted could survive his own radiation even without Claire's ability?

*During Hiro's mother's funeral, no one noticed Hiro or Kaito even though they were there for a very long time.

*Why is a bullet to the brain effective in killing a regenerate and not a sharp stick in the back of the skull?

*If people have had these abilities for over 400 years -- Adam -- how could they possibly have been kept secret?

*What happens if Monica sees some Hollywood special effect that is physically impossible to emulate? (Not a complaint; just curious)

*If the company is adamant about dealing with threats to the point of murder, why didn't they kill Adam?

goteamben

[78]Dec 5, 2007

Just another quick one I don't think anyone has mentioned: Peter can read minds, why does he not simply read Adam's?

And from earlier in the series...when Hiro think's he'smessedthe future up by kissingthat ancient japanese lass...why does henot justtravel back to before the kiss?

breve711

[79]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    goteamben wrote:

Just another quick one I don't think anyone has mentioned: Peter can read minds, why does he not simply read Adam's?

And from earlier in the series...when Hiro think's he'smessedthe future up by kissingthat ancient japanese lass...why does henot justtravel back to before the kiss?

because they're stupid