Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

  • Avatar of gcmest24

    gcmest24

    [81]Dec 6, 2007
    • member since: 10/06/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 3,942
    zero899cool wrote:
    Ok, now I have to complain about the people in this forum who are creating threads with SPOILERS from this episode instead of discussing it in the EPISODE thread. That's not cool to people who haven't seen the show yet!!!!
    I'm with you. I've seen like a million threads on who shot nathan. or what's your thought on niki. or some crap. too many dang threads. I'm sick of the repetitiveness. People need to cut down on threads. It really bothers and confuses me as well as other people. *(that may be an exageration, but still true. too many)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Patchi

    Patchi

    [82]Dec 6, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,445
    goteamben wrote:

    Just another quick one I don't think anyone has mentioned: Peter can read minds, why does he not simply read Adam's?



    I can NOT understand why people keep asking this over and over again. It makes no sense to me. Peter is extremely gullible and had his complete trust in Adam, who was his only companion for four months, told him about the "evils" of the Company, helped him hatch a plan to escape, was on the run with him, and saved Nathan. He had no reason to doubt him, thus no reason to read his mind. The end. Stop asking. Nothing personal, just...everyone points this out as a plothole, when it makes absolutely no sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Patchi

    Patchi

    [83]Dec 6, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,445
    gcmest24 wrote:
    zero899cool wrote:
    Ok, now I have to complain about the people in this forum who are creating threads with SPOILERS from this episode instead of discussing it in the EPISODE thread. That's not cool to people who haven't seen the show yet!!!!
    I'm with you. I've seen like a million threads on who shot nathan. or what's your thought on niki. or some crap. too many dang threads. I'm sick of the repetitiveness. People need to cut down on threads. It really bothers and confuses me as well as other people. *(that may be an exageration, but still true. too many)


    Completely agreed. People make threads for which there are already dozens already existing and recent..."omg heroes is ending????", "who shot nathan???", etc...sigh.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Patchi

    Patchi

    [84]Dec 6, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,445

    JJBurns84_basic wrote:
    Time travel always leaves a lot of plot holes, and I think it should be omitted from sci-fi shows. However, it's not the only source. I'll try not to reiterate the plethora of good complaints already stated.

    *Why didn't Hiro immediately transport back to the future before he changed anything after he realized he was in the past?
    He tried to save the rider from being killed because he stupidly believed it was Kensei about to be killed. He soon realized that he made a mistake and thought he "broke history". So he stayed to fix his mistake. And in doing so, he actually fulfilled the present by playing the role of Takezo Kensei.

    *If Peter changes the future, won't Caitlin cease to exist because she is trapped in an alternate timeline?
    It depends on which version of time-travel theory the writers are going on. So far they've definitely contradicted themselves, so we'll have to wait and see.

    *Why are characters that have the ability to freeze time held hostage by weapons? Maybe if they had to take time to make some kind of gesture this would make sense, but they can do it with a thought.
    For drama. Also, powers can be hard to control when under pressure. And being under a gun/havinga sword to your throat can be a lot of pressure.

    *Why did everyone think Peter was dead when they knew that Ted could survive his own radiation even without Claire's ability?
    Not everyone knew what Ted could do, pretty much only the Bennets did, right? And no one's seen Ted do a fully-blown explosion.

    *During Hiro's mother's funeral, no one noticed Hiro or Kaito even though they were there for a very long time.
    It's possible. It's a jump in logic, but it's no big deal. Maybe they weren't paying attention.

    *Why is a bullet to the brain effective in killing a regenerate and not a sharp stick in the back of the skull?
    A bullet is not particularly effective, as seen with HRG. But a shotgun blast is more powerful, and if aimed correctly, could blast the brain to bits or, if aimed at the neck, could shoot the head clean off. Harm to the brain can be healed, removal of the brain is fatal.

    *If people have had these abilities for over 400 years -- Adam -- how could they possibly have been kept secret?
    Yeah, dunno. Apparently everyone in the world EVER is totally good with secret-keeping.

    *What happens if Monica sees some Hollywood special effect that is physically impossible to emulate? (Not a complaint; just curious)
    She can only emulate so far as her body is capable. If she saw someone put their leg over and behind their own head, or saw someone put their entire fist in their mouth, Monica may not be able to do this.

    *If the company is adamant about dealing with threats to the point of murder, why didn't they kill Adam?
    This has yet to be explained, but hopefully it will be. Perhaps they thought putting him in a cell would be torture? Perhaps they wanted to study?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tacothevampire

    tacothevampire

    [85]Dec 6, 2007
    • member since: 04/06/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 223
    JJBurns84_basic wrote:
    Why is a bullet to the brain effective in killing a regenerate and not a sharp stick in the back of the skull?


    Also note that both Adam and Peter's heads have exploded, yet they both regenerated. (Don't tell me that Adam was able to jump out of the tent in one second and that a nuclear bomb would not explode Peter at Ground Zero.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sadik2k7

    Sadik2k7

    [86]Dec 7, 2007
    • member since: 11/27/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 196

    Hello all...

    I really enjoyed watching season 2 as I try to convince myself that this show is not about powers but about people and hwo they live with their powers.

    BUT, we need to be at least a little logicaleven if super abilities are not possible. That whole blood transfusion thing is, for me, a big error. Mrs. Petrelli said to Parkman a shot in the head would kill Peter, Victoria Pratt said the same thing to Adam, pointing her shotgun at his head. If Claire's blood could revive HRG (anyway how can you transfuse blood in a dead man, there is no blood circulation anyway?), a shot in the head would get healed right away as Adam and Peter are FULL of super blood. You can't tell be that the brain is neaded for the blood to heal, it can be used on anybody.

    The ONLY way I could accept that whole blood thing is that if the one with regeneration abilities was directly connected to the injured one through the blood transfusion.

    Ciao...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Patchi

    Patchi

    [87]Dec 7, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,445
    tacothevampire wrote:
    JJBurns84_basic wrote:
    Why is a bullet to the brain effective in killing a regenerate and not a sharp stick in the back of the skull?


    Also note that both Adam and Peter's heads have exploded, yet they both regenerated. (Don't tell me that Adam was able to jump out of the tent in one second and that a nuclear bomb would not explode Peter at Ground Zero.)


    Both easily explainable.

    It's not like Adam had an explosion inside his face. He was standing near a massive explosion, AND he was wearing heavy armor. The lethal part about that is the intense heat, which he can handle, being propelled out of the tent with great force, which he can handle, and bits of shrapnel, which he can handle. You can't possibly be suggesting that an explosion nearby would rip his entire head off.

    As for Peter, he did not technically "explode". He emitted a massive wave of sudden radiation from his body. That is different from literally bursting from the inside. He could handle the intense radiation because Ted's power makes it such that he is immune to his own levels of toxicity.

    Both easily explained.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Patchi

    Patchi

    [88]Dec 7, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,445
    Ok, this is really starting to bother me a hell of a lot.

    When people think Peter not reading Adam's mind is a plothole. This isn't directed at the person I just responded to, but it comes up OVER and OVER again that it's really irritating. It is NOT a plothole in the SLIGHTEST. Peter completely trusted Adam, why would he try to read his true thoughts?? Makes NO sense, and EVERYONE is acting like it's a huge plot hole.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gcmest24

    gcmest24

    [89]Dec 7, 2007
    • member since: 10/06/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 3,942
    Patchi wrote:
    gcmest24 wrote:
    zero899cool wrote:
    Ok, now I have to complain about the people in this forum who are creating threads with SPOILERS from this episode instead of discussing it in the EPISODE thread. That's not cool to people who haven't seen the show yet!!!!
    I'm with you. I've seen like a million threads on who shot nathan. or what's your thought on niki. or some crap. too many dang threads. I'm sick of the repetitiveness. People need to cut down on threads. It really bothers and confuses me as well as other people. *(that may be an exageration, but still true. too many)


    Completely agreed. People make threads for which there are already dozens already existing and recent..."omg heroes is ending????", "who shot nathan???", etc...sigh.
    I've also completely lost track on how many sylar threads there are.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of birddog200

    birddog200

    [90]Dec 7, 2007
    • member since: 11/01/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 161
    Patchi wrote:
    Ok, this is really starting to bother me a hell of a lot.

    When people think Peter not reading Adam's mind is a plothole. This isn't directed at the person I just responded to, but it comes up OVER and OVER again that it's really irritating. It is NOT a plothole in the SLIGHTEST. Peter completely trusted Adam, why would he try to read his true thoughts?? Makes NO sense, and EVERYONE is acting like it's a huge plot hole.


    I see it as bad writing. Peters idiocy/guilability were basically the writers ace up the sleeve this season, which they pulled whenever they got lazy. Its like the writers purposely gave peter the mental capacity of a 12 year old so they can shrug off the ridiculousnesses of some of their writing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OpenYourEyez

    OpenYourEyez

    [91]Dec 7, 2007
    • member since: 11/13/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 186
    joedoebell wrote:
    One thing I don't get is the whole: you can change the past, but you can't change the past contradiction.


    Actually, there is no contradiction, you can't change the past unless you branch yourself into a new timeline (for those who believe in such a notion). If there is only one timeline, the past can't be changed. If there can be multiple timelines, you just shift yourself into a different timeline if you change the past. However, then there are 2 of you in that timeline branched timeline and the one you came from never sees you again (and the problem you were trying to resolve to it doesn't actually get fixed - therefore, again, you can't change the past).

    So what we're actually seeing in Heroes whenever a character goes into the past and successfully "changes" something, they have actually affected no change - it's the way things would have been anyway in THAT timeline.

    joedoebell wrote:
    Future Hiro can come back and prevent the bomb,


    The bomb was never going to destroy New York in THAT timeline so Future Hiro actually didn't change anything. What happened the way it was supposed to happen because he came back into the past from a different timeline to a point before the branching of timelines occurred. Whatever timeline Future Hiro came from didn't change.

    joedoebell wrote:
    but Hiro can't save Charlie.


    He couldn't save her because she was going to die anyway.

    Since there were minor inconsistencies with that storyline, such as she didn't get exposed to Japanese until Ando & Hiro first met her but then she learned Japanese during the period in time Hiro went back in time, caulk it up to writing sloppiness but the point still remains - it's pretty much implied that whatever happens was the way thing happened (or were going to happen) anyway, and someone going "back" in time to try to change things really isn't, because they can't. They just end up going back and making happen what was supposed to happen.

    joedoebell wrote:
    Hiro can go back and make Kensei a villain,


    That's the way things happened BEFORE he went back into time. Kensei (Adamn) was ALWAYS going to be a villain, because before Hiro was ever born, 400 years ago in time, his future self went back in time and established that to happen.

    joedoebell wrote:
    but he can't go back and save his father.


    He wouldn't be able to if he tried. But he didn't and, therefore, fulfilled what was going to happen anyway. If he DID save his father, he would have ended up in a different time branch and then there would be 2 of him in that timeline.

    joedoebell wrote:
    The Charlie thing I excused as a coincidence, even if Hiro made some big deal about it, but Hiro's father turned Hiro trying to save him into some big destiny issue and gave him a speach about playing god. Then wasn't preventing the bomb, and now potentially saving the world from this virus "playing god" as well?


    I think the only contradiction here is a conflict in Hiro himself - one instance he respects his father's wishes and in another he goes back in time to change some event. His own character, who travels space and time, and has some sci-fi-only understanding of the "space-time continuum" himself doesn't understand that time CAN'T be changed.

    joedoebell wrote:
    Is there some kind of rule we don't know about: You can save a multitude, but you can't save an individual? Because it seems very inconsistent.


    The inconsistency is with Hiro as a person and not the time issue. That is pretty clear, and the times in the show that there are some minor kludges is because the writers aren't physics experts.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chiogon08

    chiogon08

    [92]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 10/24/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 112

    Season 2 wasn't that horrible, but it was a bit bad. I agree, the biggest probelem was the writing. Sometimes it was good, but this season, MAJORITY was bad. Also, I hated that some of the main characters like Peter, Hiro, Nathan and Sylar didn't get enough screentime. So they had to cram it.

    I also think that it's the writers strike's fault. This is the reason for the cramming. Oh well, hope Volume 3, Villans is better.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Patchi

    Patchi

    [93]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,445
    birddog200 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    Ok, this is really starting to bother me a hell of a lot.

    When people think Peter not reading Adam's mind is a plothole. This isn't directed at the person I just responded to, but it comes up OVER and OVER again that it's really irritating. It is NOT a plothole in the SLIGHTEST. Peter completely trusted Adam, why would he try to read his true thoughts?? Makes NO sense, and EVERYONE is acting like it's a huge plot hole.


    I see it as bad writing. Peters idiocy/guilability were basically the writers ace up the sleeve this season, which they pulled whenever they got lazy. Its like the writers purposely gave peter the mental capacity of a 12 year old so they can shrug off the ridiculousnesses of some of their writing.


    I don't think so. It's not bad writing to have a gullible character. Adam is manipulative and had Peter under his wing; there was absolutely no reason that Peter should doubt him and read his mind.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hera9

    hera9

    [94]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 03/05/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 113
    Patchi wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    Ok, this is really starting to bother me a hell of a lot.

    When people think Peter not reading Adam's mind is a plothole. This isn't directed at the person I just responded to, but it comes up OVER and OVER again that it's really irritating. It is NOT a plothole in the SLIGHTEST. Peter completely trusted Adam, why would he try to read his true thoughts?? Makes NO sense, and EVERYONE is acting like it's a huge plot hole.


    I see it as bad writing. Peters idiocy/guilability were basically the writers ace up the sleeve this season, which they pulled whenever they got lazy. Its like the writers purposely gave peter the mental capacity of a 12 year old so they can shrug off the ridiculousnesses of some of their writing.


    I don't think so. It's not bad writing to have a gullible character. Adam is manipulative and had Peter under his wing; there was absolutely no reason that Peter should doubt him and read his mind.

    Peter is a trust worthy person. He probably got close to Adam in the month they where together at Primatech (or where ever they where held at). Plus, Adam helping Nathan made a difference too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hera9

    hera9

    [95]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 03/05/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 113
    I found a list of storylines that was suposed to be in season 2 but was changed for various reasons. Making Bob a worse villain and West was his son. West goal was supposed to turn Claire against her dad. That might explained his stalkers actions with Claire. One question I do have is Nathan has Adam's blood. Was healing blood a one time thing or does it stay in Nathan's system?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zero899cool

    zero899cool

    [96]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 09/22/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,189
    hera9 wrote:
    I found a list of storylines that was suposed to be in season 2 but was changed for various reasons. Making Bob a worse villain and West was his son. West goal was supposed to turn Claire against her dad. That might explained his stalkers actions with Claire. One question I do have is Nathan has Adam's blood. Was healing blood a one time thing or does it stay in Nathan's system?
    I don't think it stays in Nathan's system but I like the way you are thinking, because if there can be a virus, who's to say that Nathan or anyone else that has Claire's/Adam's blood couldn't keep the benefits like a booster shot. Well, you just explained a way that Nathan could still live.

    After reading those storylines you mentioned. WOW!! Season 2 should've kicked ass!! Instead it was just ok. I love Bob. Bob RULZ!! I wish he was a worse Villain. That random picture of him smiling with the big fish he caught was Priceless!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gcmest24

    gcmest24

    [97]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 10/06/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 3,942
    hera9 wrote:
    I found a list of storylines that was suposed to be in season 2 but was changed for various reasons. Making Bob a worse villain and West was his son. West goal was supposed to turn Claire against her dad. That might explained his stalkers actions with Claire. One question I do have is Nathan has Adam's blood. Was healing blood a one time thing or does it stay in Nathan's system?
    About the blood thing, I had that discussion with my dad and we couldn't figure that out either.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OpenYourEyez

    OpenYourEyez

    [98]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 11/13/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 186
    I want to chime in with a rant about the notion that Peter's character (or even Sylar's) are "too powerful". I think a more important issue for the show to correct is the all-singing-all-dancing curing blood issue. That has GOT to go or be serioulsy shown to have huge limits somehow or else every other episode someone will die only to get revived the next episode or even the same episode.

    Still, about the whole "too powerful" thing. C'mon, nobody complains this way about Superman. The dude was impervious to harm (except when around Kryptonite) and I think also susceptable to "magic" (whatever that means). He can crush mountains with his bare hands, could fly, could fly in SPACE, had super-vision, x-ray vision (except through lead), and could shoot laser beams from his eyes. He could blow super wind, and also do the reverse (suck in all the gases from an area). Freeze lakes of water, and move/run/fly at the speed of sound while in the atmosphere and the speed of light outside the atmosphere. I also read a comic once where he could vibrate his body/atoms so fast that he could literally walk through walls. He also had super-hearing and could hear pin drops from miles away. Am I forgetting something?

    So, Peter versus Superman. I think it would be R.I.P. Peter.
    Edited on 12/08/2007 6:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hera9

    hera9

    [99]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 03/05/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 113
    OpenYourEyez wrote:
    I want to chime in with a rant about the notion that Peter's character (or even Sylar's) are "too powerful". I think a more important issue for the show to correct is the all-singing-all-dancing curing blood issue. That has GOT to go or be serioulsy shown to have huge limits somehow or else every other episode someone will die only to get revived the next episode or even the same episode. Still, about the whole "too powerful" thing. C'mon, nobody complains this way about Superman. The dude was impervious to harm (except when around Kryptonite) and I think also susceptable to "magic" (whatever that means). He can crush mountains with his bare hands, could fly, could fly in SPACE, had super-vision, x-ray vision (except through lead), and could shoot laser beams from his eyes. He could blow super wind, and also do the reverse (suck in all the gases from an area). Freeze lakes of water, and move/run/fly at the speed of sound while in the atmosphere and the speed of light outside the atmosphere. I also read a comic once where he could vibrate his body/atoms so fast that he could literally walk through walls. He also had super-hearing and could hear pin drops from miles away. Am I forgetting something? So, Peter versus Superman. I think it would be R.I.P. Peter.
    I do agree with you about creating limits to Peter and Sylar's powers. The only limit I could think of would the power they have, they have the basic form of the power. For example, Peter has Matt's power but Peter can only read and project thoughts but can't do anything else with Matt's powers. I am tired of the same powers being repeated. The writers have only scratched the surface with different powers.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OpenYourEyez

    OpenYourEyez

    [100]Dec 8, 2007
    • member since: 11/13/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 186
    hera9 wrote:
    I do agree with you about creating limits to Peter and Sylar's powers.


    I didn't say anything about limting their powers. I was talking about the cure-all blood and finding a way in the storyline to limit THAT.

    I said that people saying those characters are "too powerful" are being silly, hence the Superman analogy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.