Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

  • Avatar of birddog200

    birddog200

    [101]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 11/01/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 161
    Patchi wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    Ok, this is really starting to bother me a hell of a lot.

    When people think Peter not reading Adam's mind is a plothole. This isn't directed at the person I just responded to, but it comes up OVER and OVER again that it's really irritating. It is NOT a plothole in the SLIGHTEST. Peter completely trusted Adam, why would he try to read his true thoughts?? Makes NO sense, and EVERYONE is acting like it's a huge plot hole.


    I see it as bad writing. Peters idiocy/guilability were basically the writers ace up the sleeve this season, which they pulled whenever they got lazy. Its like the writers purposely gave peter the mental capacity of a 12 year old so they can shrug off the ridiculousnesses of some of their writing.


    I don't think so. It's not bad writing to have a gullible character. Adam is manipulative and had Peter under his wing; there was absolutely no reason that Peter should doubt him and read his mind.


    Thats just where you and I disagree, its not necessarily bad writing to have a gullible character but the way they went and did it was in my opinion crap. What you found as believable I did not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of birddog200

    birddog200

    [102]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 11/01/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 161

    OpenYourEyez wrote:
    hera9 wrote:
    I do agree with you about creating limits to Peter and Sylar's powers.


    I didn't say anything about limting their powers. I was talking about the cure-all blood and finding a way in the storyline to limit THAT.

    I said that people saying those characters are "too powerful" are being silly, hence the Superman analogy.

    Like you said superman had kryptonite to weaken him. So far the kryptonite for sylar and peter have been the virus and stupidity, both of which were pretty lame this season.

    Edited on 12/09/2007 11:55am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gcmest24

    gcmest24

    [103]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 10/06/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 3,942
    Keeping in mind some haven't been posted in for a while, but do we really need 31 threads about Sylar in one month? Some are slightly differentiated, but good grief. I actually counted them. These forums need to be cleaned up a bit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Patchi

    Patchi

    [104]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,445
    hera9 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    Ok, this is really starting to bother me a hell of a lot.

    When people think Peter not reading Adam's mind is a plothole. This isn't directed at the person I just responded to, but it comes up OVER and OVER again that it's really irritating. It is NOT a plothole in the SLIGHTEST. Peter completely trusted Adam, why would he try to read his true thoughts?? Makes NO sense, and EVERYONE is acting like it's a huge plot hole.


    I see it as bad writing. Peters idiocy/guilability were basically the writers ace up the sleeve this season, which they pulled whenever they got lazy. Its like the writers purposely gave peter the mental capacity of a 12 year old so they can shrug off the ridiculousnesses of some of their writing.


    I don't think so. It's not bad writing to have a gullible character. Adam is manipulative and had Peter under his wing; there was absolutely no reason that Peter should doubt him and read his mind.

    Peter is a trust worthy person. He probably got close to Adam in the month they where together at Primatech (or where ever they where held at). Plus, Adam helping Nathan made a difference too.


    Totally agreed. It makes sense that a character like Peter had so much trust in Adam that he didn't even think to read his mind.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of film_addict

    film_addict

    [105]Dec 12, 2007
    • member since: 10/16/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 138

    Patchi wrote:
    hera9 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    Ok, this is really starting to bother me a hell of a lot. When people think Peter not reading Adam's mind is a plothole. This isn't directed at the person I just responded to, but it comes up OVER and OVER again that it's really irritating. It is NOT a plothole in the SLIGHTEST. Peter completely trusted Adam, why would he try to read his true thoughts?? Makes NO sense, and EVERYONE is acting like it's a huge plot hole.
    I see it as bad writing. Peters idiocy/guilability were basically the writers ace up the sleeve this season, which they pulled whenever they got lazy. Its like the writers purposely gave peter the mental capacity of a 12 year old so they can shrug off the ridiculousnesses of some of their writing.
    I don't think so. It's not bad writing to have a gullible character. Adam is manipulative and had Peter under his wing; there was absolutely no reason that Peter should doubt him and read his mind.
    Peter is a trust worthy person. He probably got close to Adam in the month they where together at Primatech (or where ever they where held at). Plus, Adam helping Nathan made a difference too.
    Totally agreed. It makes sense that a character like Peter had so much trust in Adam that he didn't even think to read his mind.

    Exactly, the main feature of Peter's personality is that he loves unconditionally. Besides, has anyone thought that Adam would have to be thinking about his true plans for Peter to hear them and realise the truth?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tommy_070

    tommy_070

    [106]Dec 12, 2007
    • member since: 03/20/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 3,856
    film_addict wrote:

    Patchi wrote:
    hera9 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    birddog200 wrote:
    Patchi wrote:
    Ok, this is really starting to bother me a hell of a lot. When people think Peter not reading Adam's mind is a plothole. This isn't directed at the person I just responded to, but it comes up OVER and OVER again that it's really irritating. It is NOT a plothole in the SLIGHTEST. Peter completely trusted Adam, why would he try to read his true thoughts?? Makes NO sense, and EVERYONE is acting like it's a huge plot hole.
    I see it as bad writing. Peters idiocy/guilability were basically the writers ace up the sleeve this season, which they pulled whenever they got lazy. Its like the writers purposely gave peter the mental capacity of a 12 year old so they can shrug off the ridiculousnesses of some of their writing.
    I don't think so. It's not bad writing to have a gullible character. Adam is manipulative and had Peter under his wing; there was absolutely no reason that Peter should doubt him and read his mind.
    Peter is a trust worthy person. He probably got close to Adam in the month they where together at Primatech (or where ever they where held at). Plus, Adam helping Nathan made a difference too.
    Totally agreed. It makes sense that a character like Peter had so much trust in Adam that he didn't even think to read his mind.

    Exactly, the main feature of Peter's personality is that he loves unconditionally. Besides, has anyone thought that Adam would have to be thinking about his true plans for Peter to hear them and realise the truth?


    Not to mention that Adam could pull an HRG and think in Japanease. Then Peter wouldn't understand jack, even if he would try to read Adam's mind.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sektos

    Sektos

    [107]Dec 14, 2007
    • member since: 04/12/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,366
    Plus this is a guy who has dealt with telepaths before (Maury for sure, maybe more in the past) so he has some understanding of their power and how to overcome it. Angela did the same thing with Matt.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadeye402

    Deadeye402

    [108]Dec 15, 2007
    • member since: 02/19/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,831
    gcmest24 wrote:
    Keeping in mind some haven't been posted in for a while, but do we really need 31 threads about Sylar in one month? Some are slightly differentiated, but good grief. I actually counted them. These forums need to be cleaned up a bit.


    They're too busy banning people to merge/delete repeated topics.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of entity0

    entity0

    [110]Dec 18, 2007
    • member since: 01/30/07
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 1,516
    OpenYourEyez wrote:
    hera9 wrote:
    I do agree with you about creating limits to Peter and Sylar's powers.
    I didn't say anything about limting their powers. I was talking about the cure-all blood and finding a way in the storyline to limit THAT. I said that people saying those characters are "too powerful" are being silly, hence the Superman analogy.
    actually there should always be limits. Superman has his obviously he has super speed but isnt faster than the flash. and in comics most limits are there weakness so he has Kryptonite hence peter should also have one. they arent Gods they are Heroes and the same should go for Sylar.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dallasstarfn12

    dallasstarfn12

    [111]Dec 27, 2007
    • member since: 12/27/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 114
    my only complaint is that the writing is too inconsistent. Last year was almost all good and the foinale sucked. Then this year, the beginni9ng sucked and it started to get good at the end. WHy can't they just stay consistent?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of harrox

    harrox

    [112]Dec 27, 2007
    • member since: 05/26/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 110

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focus on the main guys but i thought this season was just as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol

    Edited on 12/29/2007 3:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dallasstarfn12

    dallasstarfn12

    [113]Dec 28, 2007
    • member since: 12/27/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 114
    harrox wrote:

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focuso n the main guys but i thought this season was jsut as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol


    yes, you are definitely alone there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of harrox

    harrox

    [114]Dec 29, 2007
    • member since: 05/26/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 110
    dallasstarfn12 wrote:
    harrox wrote:

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focuso n the main guys but i thought this season was jsut as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol

    yes, you are definitely alone there.

    i admit a lot of stuff was dragged out and a lot of plotlines went nowhere but.. it was still exciting!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadeye402

    Deadeye402

    [115]Dec 30, 2007
    • member since: 02/19/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,831
    harrox wrote:

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focus on the main guys but i thought this season was just as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol



    Yeah, Monica's story was completely horrible and I got angry whenever time was wasted on her. I also wasn't a big fan of the teenie bopper romance story with Claire. This isn't "The OC: Super Teen Lovin'," but nice try, Mr. Kring.

    Luckily, the last few episodes redeemed a sub par season a bit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dallasstarfn12

    dallasstarfn12

    [116]Dec 30, 2007
    • member since: 12/27/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 114
    Deadeye402 wrote:
    harrox wrote:

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focus on the main guys but i thought this season was just as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol



    Yeah, Monica's story was completely horrible and I got angry whenever time was wasted on her. I also wasn't a big fan of the teenie bopper romance story with Claire. This isn't "The OC: Super Teen Lovin'," but nice try, Mr. Kring.

    Luckily, the last few episodes redeemed a sub par season a bit.


    Next seasons plot will be Claire get spregnant from West and they contemplate between getting an abortion or adoption.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oldsage

    oldsage

    [117]Dec 31, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 963
    dallasstarfn12 wrote:
    Deadeye402 wrote:
    harrox wrote:

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focus on the main guys but i thought this season was just as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol

    Yeah, Monica's story was completely horrible and I got angry whenever time was wasted on her. I also wasn't a big fan of the teenie bopper romance story with Claire. This isn't "The OC: Super Teen Lovin'," but nice try, Mr. Kring. Luckily, the last few episodes redeemed a sub par season a bit.
    Next seasons plot will be Claire get spregnant from West and they contemplate between getting an abortion or adoption.

    Tonight... on a very special episode of Heroes....

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zero899cool

    zero899cool

    [118]Jan 1, 2008
    • member since: 09/22/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,189
    oldsage wrote:
    dallasstarfn12 wrote:
    Deadeye402 wrote:
    harrox wrote:

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focus on the main guys but i thought this season was just as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol

    Yeah, Monica's story was completely horrible and I got angry whenever time was wasted on her. I also wasn't a big fan of the teenie bopper romance story with Claire. This isn't "The OC: Super Teen Lovin'," but nice try, Mr. Kring. Luckily, the last few episodes redeemed a sub par season a bit.
    Next seasons plot will be Claire get spregnant from West and they contemplate between getting an abortion or adoption.

    Tonight... on a very special episode of Heroes....



    Very Special indeed!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jonathan_Priest

    Jonathan_Priest

    [119]Jan 1, 2008
    • member since: 01/01/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 57

    joedoebell wrote:
    One thing I don't get is the whole: you can change the past, but you can't change the past contradiction. Future Hiro can come back and prevent the bomb, but Hiro can't save Charlie. Hiro can go back and make Kensei a villain, but he can't go back and save his father. The Charlie thing I excused as a coincidence, even if Hiro made some big deal about it, but Hiro's father turned Hiro trying to save him into some big destiny issue and gave him a speach about playing god. Then wasn't preventing the bomb, and now potentially saving the world from this virus "playing god" as well? Is there some kind of rule we don't know about: You can save a multitude, but you can't save an individual? Because it seems very inconsistent. Another urk of mine is Peter's characterization: he's seemed off, and unbelievable all season. From not wanting his memory back when it was clearly dangerous for him not to have it, to letting Elle cop a feel and leading her on. That he's still following Adam at this point is especially hard to swallow, now that even Hiro is against him. I mean, I know he doesn't know Hiro very well, but Hiro helped him save Claire and gave him his direction. You'd think coupled with Victoria's warning about Adam, he'd put two and two together... Peter's also lost a lot of his empathetic side, and I'm not sure why, especially now that he has his memory back. You'd think he'd be a little more upset that Adam shot Victoria. Instead he acts like he's used to seeing things like that. I dunno, Season 2 has been a surprise. I think Parkman, Nathan, and Bennett are saving the show. Well, and Sylar is finally hitting some great dramatic moments again.

    Actually, the whole time contradiction is easily explained. If you think about it, events that have yet to happen can be changed by the people living in the present time line. However, Hiro had already lived through Charlie's death, so if he went back and saved her, he would have negated the reason he went back in the first place. The past is the past and can't be changed. This is why future Hiro could not directly intervene in the events of the New York bomb. His involvement would have caused a time paradox because he's already lived through those events. For him, they can't be changed.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SofaKingLOST

    SofaKingLOST

    [120]Jan 7, 2008
    • member since: 01/07/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 150
    My main problem with this show is that the first season's writing was fairly good, but the second season was terrible and hard to watch and it eventually destroyed my liking of this show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.