Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

fireguarden

[121]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 5
    The 1st season of heroes was Great.. but then at the second season... there were alot of new characters introduced... with new characters means new storyline... and that just made season 2 abit 2 confusing..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChaosTheory8907

[122]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    All they have to do is stop with Claire being a cheer leader and to make her stop crying so much. Then, connect Monica, Micah, and Maya to the story more. Stop making Peter so gullible and make him more like his season 1 self.

For anyone who hasn't seen the trailers for volume 3, I suggest you do. It looks really exciting. Seems like a lot more of Sylar, Angela Petrelli, a lot more villains, and probably a ot more info on the original heroes.

chester6119

[125]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 1
    no way man i keep up o date with heroes i watch it over and over in computer class its the scarface of tv shows the best ever show made i hope they dont change a thing except for claire's clothes ders too much all in all i love the imperfections of heroes cause its heroes

OneNotTaken

[126]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 21
    I honestly don't think that there were many problems with the overall story of season two, I think the problems lied within the dialogue and power use. I found the dialogue to be incredibly sappy and corny, conversations between claire and west made me gag because they were so unnecessarilylovey dovey, and the looks they gave eachother while flying, PLEASE they've known eachother for like a day. I also think that sylars dialogue was kind of ridiculous, I cant really put my finger on it, but it was much different from season 1 in a bad way. The power usage really annoyed me as well, in the climax of the season when peter and adam arrive at the vault and peter is using every ounce of his telekenesis to rip off the door when he isn't even sure that adam is good, I was screaming PHASE THROUGH THE DOOR YOU IDIOT. I really don't think his character forgets about the powers he has, and I know they needed a conflict at the end, but if he phased through the door, he could get in easily and destroy it without adam interfearing..... I think its little things like this that drag the show down a tiny little bit at a time, and it wasn't that the overall story was worse. I had no problem with the direction the story is going in, and I'm actually kind of aprehensive that they changed the story because of the viewers opinions from "exodus" to "villians" I feel like a change like this will make the show worse because they have to re-think the story in a new way instead of the way tim kring originally wanted to go. Ah well, heroes is great, and I'm excited for more.

Deadeye402

[127]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    I feel like a change like this will make the show worse because they have to re-think the story in a new way instead of the way tim kring originally wanted to go. Ah well, heroes is great, and I'm excited for more.

Creative works are constantly reworked and rethought. Have you ever written anything? It's not uncommon to write something, and then go back and look at it months later and think, "Hmmm, this sounds kind of stupid." Or, you could think of an idea months later that's better than what you've written, and just need to put it in there. Change and revision is just part of the creative process.

OneNotTaken

[128]Jan 12, 2008

Deadeye402 wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    I feel like a change like this will make the show worse because they have to re-think the story in a new way instead of the way tim kring originally wanted to go. Ah well, heroes is great, and I'm excited for more.
    Creative works are constantly reworked and rethought. Have you ever written anything? It's not uncommon to write something, and then go back and look at it months later and think, "Hmmm, this sounds kind of stupid." Or, you could think of an idea months later that's better than what you've written, and just need to put it in there. Change and revision is just part of the creative process.

I understand what you're saying, but.....with a lot of shows, after a couple seasons you can tell that the creators are creating things as they go to just keep the show running to make money. From start to the most recent episode I've felt like heroes has gone according to plan, I feel like they incorporate hints and develop characters the perfect amount because they already had the entire story however many seasons long, planned out, and it just worries me for them to greatly alter this plan because when shows continue long after planned, or stray far from their original plan, the more plot holes and things that don't make sense occur. But like I said, heroes is great, and I'm excited for whatever comes next.

Deadeye402

[129]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    OneNotTaken wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but.....with a lot of shows, after a couple seasons you can tell that the creators are creating things as they go to just keep the show running to make money. From start to the most recent episode I've felt like heroes has gone according to plan, I feel like they incorporate hints and develop characters the perfect amount because they already had the entire story however many seasons long, planned out, and it just worries me for them to greatly alter this plan because when shows continue long after planned, or stray far from their original plan, the more plot holes and things that don't make sense occur. But like I said, heroes is great, and I'm excited for whatever comes next.

I can agree with you...to an extent. I don't think that a dramatic change should happen mid-storyline. So, if a show is planned out for its entire run, maybe it shouldn't change its plan for its next season. Let me use Carnivale as an example. It was scheduled to run six seasons, but only made two before cancellation. But, those six seasons were all planned out from the beginning. So, say season two didn't do so well, and the writers decided to change season three to make it more popular, I would disagree with that, since it would negatively affect the already planned story for the ensuing seasons.

However, I don't think Heroes is made that way. I think they work on one season, finish it, start the next season based on how the previous seasion ended, work on it, finish it, and so on. Sure, there are probably ideas for things in future seasons, but I don't think the entire run is planned out. I'm sure Kring has a plan for season three, but I don't think he could tell you what will happen in season four and five. What happens in season four is based on what happens in season three (and earlier seasons).

So, I'd say, if there was a dramatic change to story mid-season, I'd be opposed, but since I don't think Heroes has a definite plan from beginning to end, changing things from season to season isn't a big deal to me.

OneNotTaken

[130]Jan 13, 2008
    Deadeye402 wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:

I can agree with you...to an extent. I don't think that a dramatic change should happen mid-storyline. So, if a show is planned out for its entire run, maybe it shouldn't change its plan for its next season. Let me use Carnivale as an example. It was scheduled to run six seasons, but only made two before cancellation. But, those six seasons were all planned out from the beginning. So, say season two didn't do so well, and the writers decided to change season three to make it more popular, I would disagree with that, since it would negatively affect the already planned story for the ensuing seasons. However, I don't think Heroes is made that way. I think they work on one season, finish it, start the next season based on how the previous seasion ended, work on it, finish it, and so on. Sure, there are probably ideas for things in future seasons, but I don't think the entire run is planned out. I'm sure Kring has a plan for season three, but I don't think he could tell you what will happen in season four and five. What happens in season four is based on what happens in season three (and earlier seasons). So, I'd say, if there was a dramatic change to story mid-season, I'd be opposed, but since I don't think Heroes has a definite plan from beginning to end, changing things from season to season isn't a big deal to me.

I completely agree with you, but right now we are in mid-season, we are just between volumes, and changing the name and overall aim of the third volume in the middle of the second season could cause some problems, but I think you're right about them planning as they go, they have just done a great job so far and I guess I'm just nervous about what the writers strike and this change will do to something I think is already so amazing.

zyvx

[131]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 5

First of all, ditch Micah. FAST! All he ever does is whine, complain, and cause trouble. He keeps to himself waaay too much and this causes problems everywhere he goes. He's supposed to be so smart but I never see him make any positive impact anywhere. His allegiances are constantly shifting for no apparent reason and did I mention he whines? His power is awesome and could be greatly utilized but everything about his character throws that away. They should kill him off so that Nicci can quit worrying about him and become the badass she is. And I'm tired of her being so unstable 24/7. Maybe Micah's death will give her new resolve and clear her head. It would sure clear mine of the urges to strangle him every time he whines. Which just so happens to be about every time he appears on screen. Oh, and find a new villain. I know you are supposed to hate them but Sylar isn't even that menacing. He's just an annoying little prick I would much rather someone like Adam or the company be the focus. Plus the fact that he is really creepy and so transparent that it's downright idiotic to have people trust him so much. It has been the same formula over and over again. Can we please bring the irish chick back? And overall I would like to get further past all the growing pains of all these heroes. Everything just so happens to work at the right moment when it had never worked before etc. The introduction of new characters needs to slow too. Especially since none are being killed off *cough*micah*cough*. It's interesting to see new powers but c'mon my head is spinning trying to remember what everyone can do, where everyone is, where they have been and what they know about any given situation. I know there is more but it's been a while since i saw the last episode.

electricpeppers

[132]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 26
    I wish this poll had 'all of the above' as an option.

electricpeppers

[133]Mar 18, 2008
    zyvx wrote:
    I know you are supposed to hate them but Sylar isn't even that menacing. He's just an annoying little prick I would much rather someone like Adam or the company be the focus.

I agree. I love Adam, I hope he returns and actually gets a decent story arc this time around. David Anders was woefully underused -- he wasn't written very either, luckily he managed to salvage something from that dreadful finale script.

I think Sylar should kick the bucket in Volume 3 -- I like him but he needs to go!

gahzridian

[135]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 3
    Why did Sylar kill charlie anyway? not counting being able to learn japanese, she had no powers.

gahzridian

[136]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 3
    oh and another i don't undestrand at all is after jessica leaves nickys head, there's someone else? wtf? didn't understand the plot of that

electricpeppers

[137]Mar 29, 2008
    gahzridian wrote:
    Why did Sylar kill charlie anyway? not counting being able to learn japanese, she had no powers.

Charlie did have a power -- super memory.

electricpeppers

[138]Mar 29, 2008
    gahzridian wrote:
    oh and another i don't undestrand at all is after jessica leaves nickys head, there's someone else? wtf? didn't understand the plot of that

I'm not entirely sure as to what you mean, but Nikki was a schizophrenic -- thus when she integrated Jessica, her other personality 'Gina' (a new one) manifested. I guess it was because she wasn't cured; her schizophrenia was brought about as a mental coping mechanism to cope with her new powers (which was super strength).

alen76ers

[139]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 16

Nothing is annoying in Heroes!!! I don't understand why do you complain about it??? Second season is great! It's great they have so many characters! I just love everything! (except that strike )

EDIT: I think the reason for all that complaining of yours is that the season 2 has only 11 episodes and the story couldn't develop properly!

Edited on 04/01/2008 3:22pm

electricpeppers

[140]Apr 3, 2008

alen76ers wrote:
    I think the reason for all that complaining of yours is that the season 2 has only 11 episodes and the story couldn't develop properly!

You sure mate?