Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

  • Avatar of alen76ers

    alen76ers

    [141]Apr 3, 2008
    • member since: 03/31/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 820
    electricpeppers wrote:

    alen76ers wrote:
    I think the reason for all that complaining of yours is that the season 2 has only 11 episodes and the story couldn't develop properly!

    You sure mate?

    100% positive!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zampognaro

    zampognaro

    [142]Apr 4, 2008
    • member since: 03/13/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 141
    First of all ... let me just say that I love every episode of heroes, even the ones in the much hated volume 2.
    I even don't mind the fact that Peter is so incredibly stupid and gullible sometimes that it makes you wonder if the writers are doing it on purpose, so that he doesn't seem too over-powered to the public. (I know some ppl think that all superheroes should have a flaw ... and his is his stupidity).
    I even don't mind the fact that Micah, Claire and Nikki cry or moan half the time they're on screen ... after all, I would also be emotional if stuff like that happened in my life :-P

    However, there is one thing that really bugs me about Heroes ... WHY OH WHY do they have to bring ppl back to life? I'm sorry ... if someone gets shot in the eye, and is dead for, I'm assuming, hours ... he should REMAIN dead! I'm already dreading the fact that Nathan and Nikki are gonna get brought back to life (One gets shot, the other gets blown to pieces) at the beginning of season 3. I love the current characters ... but don't you guys think you would enjoy the show more if you had to live in suspense for every episode not knowing if one of your favourite characters would die? at the rate they're introducing characters (and there's gonna be a lot more in vol 3) and at the rate they're not killing off anyone, we're gonna have so many characters, that i'm afraid ppl would start to lose interest and the hype that was created about the show after the amazing 1st season, would fade away. i'm thinking it's because the writers don't have the guts to kill off one of the main characters, in case many of the fans will whine and moan about their favourite character being killed. BUT wait! Surely most fans don't watch the show for only 1 character? Yeah, they'll moan for a while ... but i'm sure they're still gonna keep watching.

    OK ... i'm gonna stop writing now. This has gone long enough :-)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Page_47

    Page_47

    [143]Apr 6, 2008
    • member since: 07/08/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 811
    electricpeppers wrote:
    gahzridian wrote:
    oh and another i don't undestrand at all is after jessica leaves nickys head, there's someone else? wtf? didn't understand the plot of that


    I'm not entirely sure as to what you mean, but Nikki was a schizophrenic -- thus when she integrated Jessica, her other personality 'Gina' (a new one) manifested. I guess it was because she wasn't cured; her schizophrenia was brought about as a mental coping mechanism to cope with her new powers (which was super strength).


    *not* schizophrenia - Nikki has multiple personality disorder (two different conditions). And Nikki shouldn't randomly have cooked up a new personality from her old ways in L.A... that plot was shaky at best. Never mind, at least season 3 is shaping up to be excellent, maybe that means Gina will decide she's actually Jessica ('sorry!') and continue to be a BAMF for the rest of the series
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of electricpeppers

    electricpeppers

    [144]Apr 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/09/04
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,594
    Page_47 wrote:
    *not* schizophrenia - Nikki has multiple personality disorder (two different conditions).


    I know, I just tend to use the words interchangeably. Bad me.
    Edited on 04/08/2008 7:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Page_47

    Page_47

    [145]May 25, 2008
    • member since: 07/08/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 811
    electricpeppers wrote:
    Page_47 wrote:
    *not* schizophrenia - Nikki has multiple personality disorder (two different conditions).


    I know, I just tend to use the words interchangeably. Bad me.


    Bad me for being pedantic
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of smontont

    smontont

    [147]May 26, 2008
    • member since: 05/22/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 64
    harrox wrote:

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focus on the main guys but i thought this season was just as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol

    I can see monica being a major character next season they wouldnt have brouht her in otherwise. Plus she was on one of the comics as st Joan, and she has an awesome power.........and she's buuufffffff!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alen76ers

    alen76ers

    [148]May 26, 2008
    • member since: 03/31/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 820
    smontont wrote:
    harrox wrote:

    i just think the whole lousiana thing threw everything off because it's seriously pointless.. i wish they would focus on the main guys but i thought this season was just as good if not better than season one but i guess i'm alone lol

    I can see monica being a major character next season they wouldnt have brouht her in otherwise. Plus she was on one of the comics as st Joan, and she has an awesome power.........and she's buuufffffff!!

    I love Monica! I think she's great and interesting and I hope we'll see a lot more of her!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Willy105

    Willy105

    [149]Jun 6, 2008
    • member since: 12/29/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 728
    I believe the season 2 finale is the best single episode in the series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alen76ers

    alen76ers

    [150]Jun 6, 2008
    • member since: 03/31/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 820

    Willy105 wrote:
    I believe the season 2 finale is the best single episode in the series.

    And why did you posted that on this thread, instead of, for example, on the off-topic thread?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Willy105

    Willy105

    [151]Jun 6, 2008
    • member since: 12/29/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 728
    alen76ers wrote:

    Willy105 wrote:
    I believe the season 2 finale is the best single episode in the series.

    And why did you posted that on this thread, instead of, for example, on the off-topic thread?



    Because this is the thread it goes in. Not the off-topic thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alen76ers

    alen76ers

    [152]Jun 6, 2008
    • member since: 03/31/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 820
    Willy105 wrote:
    alen76ers wrote:

    Willy105 wrote:
    I believe the season 2 finale is the best single episode in the series.

    And why did you posted that on this thread, instead of, for example, on the off-topic thread?

    Because this is the thread it goes in. Not the off-topic thread.

    So, why would that be a complain?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GavinGibbons

    GavinGibbons

    [153]Jun 26, 2008
    • member since: 05/19/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,112
    Oh man i just got a job that starts mid september... i'm already thinking about phoning in sick so i dont miss heroes! lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OminousShadow87

    OminousShadow87

    [154]Jun 28, 2008
    • member since: 04/16/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 865
    electricpeppers wrote:
    Page_47 wrote:
    *not* schizophrenia - Nikki has multiple personality disorder (two different conditions).


    I know, I just tend to use the words interchangeably. Bad me.
    Well she is schizo too...she sees her alternate personalities in mirrors...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hoeech

    Hoeech

    [155]Jun 28, 2008
    • member since: 03/27/04
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 928
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    The whole Monica thing has gotten us nowhere. They had two episodes left and they wasted time on a comic book and a medal getting stolen by gangbangers. What the hell? This is why the show has dragged, cuz of waste of space filler plots like that.
    Bingo! They introduce a character who essentially is "Taskmaster" from Marvel comics, and then they do almost nothing with her.
    Edited on 06/28/2008 9:09pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tink3rbell

    Tink3rbell

    [156]Jul 1, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 27
    Hoeech wrote:
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    The whole Monica thing has gotten us nowhere. They had two episodes left and they wasted time on a comic book and a medal getting stolen by gangbangers. What the hell? This is why the show has dragged, cuz of waste of space filler plots like that.
    Bingo! They introduce a character who essentially is "Taskmaster" from Marvel comics, and then they do almost nothing with her.
    Agreed, i had high hopes for her at first, then she just fizzeled out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ChaosTheory8907

    ChaosTheory8907

    [157]Jul 2, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 169
    You also have to remember they probably had to rush stories and characters to try and give some kind of finality with the strike shortened season. The pace and storytelling may have been off at times, but there's no denying that Monica's story would have been more fleshed out and made more important is the second half of the season would have happened. Season 3 may bring us more about her, Micah, and Nikki.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GavinGibbons

    GavinGibbons

    [158]Jul 3, 2008
    • member since: 05/19/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,112
    lets hope so, other wise she is just another "death" waitint to haooen like Issac, Simone, Candice, etc!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hoeech

    Hoeech

    [159]Jul 4, 2008
    • member since: 03/27/04
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 928
    She had the ability to instantly become the next Bruce Lee and she got her butt handed to her by a bunch of gang-bangers. That's just plain sad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of smontont

    smontont

    [160]Aug 12, 2008
    • member since: 05/22/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 64
    Tink3rbell wrote:
    Hoeech wrote:
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    The whole Monica thing has gotten us nowhere. They had two episodes left and they wasted time on a comic book and a medal getting stolen by gangbangers. What the hell? This is why the show has dragged, cuz of waste of space filler plots like that.
    Bingo! They introduce a character who essentially is "Taskmaster" from Marvel comics, and then they do almost nothing with her.
    Agreed, i had high hopes for her at first, then she just fizzeled out.
    The other posts are fair play but I just have to have a rant about all these people that look at the powers people have and instantly come out with neg comments like. "she is essentially just taskmaster from marvel comics" or "can anyone else see comparisons to the x-men universe?" I mean for god's sake comic books have been going for however many years, I doubt anybody could come up with a single ability that isn't totally lame hasn't already been done by marvel, dc or dark horse. So can we stop these **** heroes is a rip-off comments cos nobody wants to hear it. Stan lee wouldn't have made a cameo in the show if he gave a **** about the ideas being similar. And if it's good enough for him then it certainly is good enough for me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.