Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Primatech Paper's Basement-The Official Rant/Complain Thread

Most annoying thing about Heroes?

kakacik

[161]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 1
    ahojte vsetcia
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GossipGirlFANxx

[162]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 14
    WAAYYY TOO MANY CHARATERS!! OMG! theres like 10 major characters! it makes it too confusing

phillyzero22

[163]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    Too many characters with powers now

gyrados12786

[164]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 10

zampognaro wrote:
    F However, there is one thing that really bugs me about Heroes ... WHY OH WHY do they have to bring ppl back to life? I'm sorry ... if someone gets shot in the eye, and is dead for, I'm assuming, hours ... he should REMAIN dead! I'm already dreading the fact that Nathan and Nikki are gonna get brought back to life (One gets shot, the other gets blown to pieces) at the beginning of season 3. I love the current characters ... but don't you guys think you would enjoy the show more if you had to live in suspense for every episode not knowing if one of your favourite characters would die? at the rate they're introducing characters (and there's gonna be a lot more in vol 3) and at the rate they're not killing off anyone, we're gonna have so many characters, that i'm afraid ppl would start to lose interest and the hype that was created about the show after the amazing 1st season, would fade away. i'm thinking it's because the writers don't have the guts to kill off one of the main characters, in case many of the fans will whine and moan about their favourite character being killed. BUT wait! Surely most fans don't watch the show for only 1 character? Yeah, they'll moan for a while ... but i'm sure they're still gonna keep watching. OK ... i'm gonna stop writing now. This has gone long enough :-)

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way about season three, myself. Although, I will admit that having some of the characters come back to life does excite me, particularly if they bring back Issaac Mendez. My biggest concern is that whether or not its done in a manner that's actually convincing, w/o being corny or simply unrealistic. Killing off characters & bringing them back to life later can be done in a creative & engaging way, but only if done properly. So far I've only seen one show that really actually pulls off this kind of a stunt without it seeming the least bit corny or even cliche

Page_47 wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:
    gahzridian wrote:
    oh and another i don't undestrand at all is after jessica leaves nickys head, there's someone else? wtf? didn't understand the plot of that
    I'm not entirely sure as to what you mean, but Nikki was a schizophrenic -- thus when she integrated Jessica, her other personality 'Gina' (a new one) manifested. I guess it was because she wasn't cured; her schizophrenia was brought about as a mental coping mechanism to cope with her new powers (which was super strength).
    *not* schizophrenia - Nikki has multiple personality disorder (two different conditions). And Nikki shouldn't randomly have cooked up a new personality from her old ways in L.A... that plot was shaky at best. Never mind, at least season 3 is shaping up to be excellent, maybe that means Gina will decide she's actually Jessica ('sorry!' and continue to be a BAMF for the rest of the series

Nikki was definitely one of the reasons I disliked much of Season 2, because her character was so poorly written. Granted, her storyline was entertaining for the first few episodes of season 1, but then when she somehow "cooked up" another personality her storyline just became annoying. Honestly, I thought that killing her off in season 2 was one of the best twists possible that the writers developed in season 2. Not having season, the new "3 hour premiere event" I'm still crossing my fingers that she remains dead.

My other main grievance about the show is that it has far too many main characters, many of which get little screen time. Sometimes it just simply becomes next to impossible to appreciate Heroes & its many revolving storylines episode after episode. Still, in spite of all this I'm somewhat optimistic about the new season, since I'm hoping that having so much time off from the Writer's strike will have given them more time to develop better storylines.

Evolution_666

[165]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    Too many characters.

vaneetra

[166]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 7
    They'll probably kill some off eventually.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[167]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 13
    My biggest complaint about the show is how they use Sylar. I am tired of seeing him saw off somebody's scalp to get their powers. Also, if you are a Hero and know that Sylar is out there, wouldn't you be scared to be alone? Wouldn't you try to hunt him down? Maybe it's just me but doesn't seem realistic with him sometimes.

Cyberfairy

[168]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 6

I'm kinda annoyed at the pacing. It goes way too fast and with so many characters right now it's just feels like a "mess". Also, another thing I'm really bothered about: what's the point? Hiro/Peter can always teleport themselves back before anything bad happens. Why can't they (ironically) just teleport behind Sylar and finish him before he gets his powers?

The plot holes are amazing tbh.

kangaroos8

[169]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    KILL? heroes arent shown to kill anyone so far, have they?

OminousShadow87

[170]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    kangaroos8 wrote:
    KILL? heroes arent shown to kill anyone so far, have they?
    What? Many people have killed///been killed... Are you watching the same show as us?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[171]Sep 24, 2008
    Cyberfairy wrote:

I'm kinda annoyed at the pacing. It goes way too fast and with so many characters right now it's just feels like a "mess". Also, another thing I'm really bothered about: what's the point? Hiro/Peter can always teleport themselves back before anything bad happens. Why can't they (ironically) just teleport behind Sylar and finish him before he gets his powers?

The plot holes are amazing tbh.

I couldn't agree with you more. Why can't Peter Teleport behind Sylar, freeze time and sever his head or something like that? Also, if Future Peter's presence has caused a problem with time, instead of trying to manipulate everybody in the past, why don't he go back to the moment before he infected the time stream and stop himself?
    Edited on 09/24/2008 8:25am

jaesunsk

[172]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    i find Maya the most annoying part of the show. she doesnt add anything to the show (imo, she detracts from the show). annoys the living crap out of me.

Phacoid

[173]Sep 25, 2008
    My biggest annoyance is Hiro (mainly due to extremely bad writing).

Second annoyance is that there are too much characters.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[174]Sep 25, 2008
    jaesunsk wrote:
    i find Maya the most annoying part of the show. she doesnt add anything to the show (imo, she detracts from the show). annoys the living crap out of me.

It seems like Maya's purpose is to serve as the resident girlfriend for everyone. She annoys me too.

zero899cool

[175]Sep 25, 2008
    Niki/Jessica/Tracy!?!?I am giving them time with this but it is already starting to annoy me.

cyyto_degaunt

[176]Sep 26, 2008
    zero899cool wrote:
    Niki/Jessica/Tracy!?!?I am giving them time with this but it is already starting to annoy me.

Yeah, stupid stuff there!

But I think what happened was that Niki and Jessica were twins, but Jessica for some reason was taken away from Hal or whatever his name was and raised as Tracy elsewhere. Niki, being a crazy person, took on her lost sister as a second personality. The real Jessica never knew she was Jessica.

But who knows? The Heroes writers be crazy!

davidgo482

[178]Sep 26, 2008
    If you watch the 2nd season DVD extras you'll find out what Mya's true purpose was suppose to be, but I have no idea why they kept her around she's annoying and I'm glad her brother is dead he was annoying too.

BansheeRider

[179]Sep 27, 2008
    SonGokuo wrote:
    zero899cool wrote:
    SonGokuo wrote:
    Directed at nobody in particular:

Stop complaining when people die. Get over it. All of you act like spoiled rotten little children. It's ruining the show too, because the writers are too afraid to kill anyone off.

As much as I love HRG I have to agree with you. He should've never been shot in the first place but if they are going to shoot him and they did then he should die. You have a thread about cheapening death and if they keep NOT killing people then they are cheapening it.

Precisely. Characters SHOULD die in season finales. Should they be brought back to life? Sure, in some cases. But not in the same episode. That's just lame.. and smacks of last minute editting to appease fans :/

Writers have a tendency to kill off characters too soon.

zero899cool

[180]Sep 30, 2008
    BARBARA?!! Now there is a Barbara too?! Niki/Jessica/Tracy/Barbara........how many Ali Larter's can their be or have been?!? Uggh!!