TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

random question...

_KwispY

[1]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    i'm truly sorry if this has been answered before, but when if ever is origins supposed to begin?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

topoopon

[2]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 19

I've heard of 2 different premiere times for Heroes:Origins. Some have said it will be a mid-season replacement while Heroes goes on hiatus sometime in winter/spring. I've also read the producers want to run all 24 episodes pretty much contiguously, finishing with a run of Origins at the end. So it's either/or. There's a link on tv.com's Heroes:Origins summary page under: User Submitted News to a report by TVGuide.com attesting to the fact of the end of series premiere.

Never mind: Heres a direct link to the TVGuide story: http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Heroes-Spinoff-Talk/800017447

Edited on 08/05/2007 11:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

_KwispY

[3]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    thank you

topoopon

[4]Aug 6, 2007

I wrote Matt Roush at TV Guide, and he responded in this week's "Ask Matt" column.

Ask Matt on TV Guide wrote:
    Question: What is the deal with the scheduling of Heroes: Origins? I have heard it will be aired during the midseason when Heroes goes on break, and I have also heard it will be aired only after all episodes of Heroes have aired for the season. Which is it? What have NBC and the producers decided on?- Josh S., Bensalem, PA

Matt Roush: The initial plan was for the Origins episodes to bridge the front and back halves of Heroes' second season, but that changed (and this was reconfirmed at Comic-Con, says my source who was there). Now Origins will begin airing in the spring after the official Heroes' season finale, as something of an appendix. Makes sense to me. Fans really do want to see their shows run straight through as consecutively as possible, without breaks or detours. All I can say is I hope the Heroes crew is up to the production challenge.

link is here: http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Matt/080607

Edited on 08/06/2007 11:32am
    Edited 2 total times.

MonkeyFreaks

[5]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 18
    _KwispY wrote:
    i'm truly sorry if this has been answered before, but when if ever is origins supposed to begin?
    i'm pretty sure its coming out during the heroes (2nd season) winter hiatus.

MonkeyFreaks

[7]Aug 6, 2007
    topoopon wrote:
    MonkeyFreaks wrote:
    _KwispY wrote:
    i'm pretty sure its coming out during the heroes (2nd season) winter hiatus.
    okay, then don't believe me.
    maye ur right, though. i just read it somewhere.

dman_dustin

[8]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    both times are fine only if (if it does air after season) there is no mid-season break

Robby2Slobby

[9]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 6
    I'm pretty sure that Origins will get rid of the second season break. The show starts off with nine, I believe, new episodes, then goes into a break. It comes back with the next 15 or so. Then, Origins will probably start a week or two later.
    Edited on 08/06/2007 11:54pm

MonkeyFreaks

[10]Aug 7, 2007
    dman_dustin wrote:
    both times are fine only if (if it does air after season) there is no mid-season break
    there is a break during the winter.

topoopon

[11]Aug 7, 2007
    I can't believe they'd waste Origins during Christmas. It's network TV's winter wasteland. Nothing but re-runs and Christmas specials.

MonkeyFreaks

[12]Aug 9, 2007
    topoopon wrote:
    I can't believe they'd waste Origins during Christmas. It's network TV's winter wasteland. Nothing but re-runs and Christmas specials.
    well, at least we dont have to suffer six weeks without heroes.

topoopon

[13]Aug 11, 2007

My point is, we will. They won't show ORIGINS until late April/early May. This will mean all 24 episodes of Heroes will have aired and eneded a little early (usually ends in end of MAY).

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/orl-heroes07aug09,0,6295059.story which says:

Heroes will produce 24 episodes next season. The plan is for them to end in April. Heroes: Origins, a six-episode anthology series, will air in May and introduce characters separate from the main series.

OR from MSNBC's website: http://testpattern.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/08/06/299549.aspx

Q&A
    After touring the set, we went on to a panel with the cast and show creator Tim Kring. They shared a few interesting tips and tidbits for season two, which begins Sept. 24.

• Season two does indeed begin in September, and the show hopes to keep fan frustration to a minimum (ahem, "Lost," ahem) by cutting back on breaks. Kring said the idea is to run 24 episodes "as contiguously as we can," with a break at Christmas and again in early spring. But when the 24 episodes have all aired, the six-episode spinoff, "Heroes Origins," will begin, starting in late April and running through May. Each episode of "Origins" will introduce a new character, and at the end, viewers vote on who should join the cast. (They've learned a little something from "American Idol," I would say.) "Clerks" director Kevin Smith will direct the first "Origins" episode.

Or from Comic Book Resources: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11412

Next up, Kring addressed "Heroes: Origins," the six episode spin-off that will air over six consecutive weeks starting in April of next year. Each episode will be stand-alone and feature a new hero coming to terms with their powers. Since participating in "Origins" only requires a one-episode commitment, Kring has compiled a short list of ideal writers and directors they'd like to bring into the "Heroes" family.

Or from http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=6788

Here's some big news, Kevin Smith will direct one of the episodes of Heroes: Origins which will debut in April. It's a six episode external season, with more directors to be announced later. One of the cast members joked that he had J.J. Abrams number handy (now wouldn't that be nice?).

The Heroes: Origins series, from what I've heard, will feature a completely distinct writing and producing crew - it will be about six new heroes discovering their powers. Creator Tim Kring said that each of the stories will stand alone and will probably involve a morality angle or cautionary tale. I know one of the ideas thrown around previously was that the fans would vote on which (of the six) heroes would transition to the actual show. The Origins show will premiere in April, but the primary franchise, "Heroes" will come back for season two on September 24th with 11 straight episodes.

FROM above in forum too...

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Heroes-Spinoff-Talk/800017447

OR

http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Matt/070806 halfway down the page look for Josh S, Bensalem PA (that's me)

Edited on 08/10/2007 11:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

dman_dustin

[14]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 8
    topoopon wrote:

My point is, we will. They won't show ORIGINS until May.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Heroes-Spinoff-Talk/800017447

OR

http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Matt/070806 halfway down the page look for Josh S, Bensalem PA (that's me)

And yet they "Tim Kring and the creators" all made a big deal about how they were going to limit the breaks in the seasonand they said by the third season there would hopefullybe no breaks.

But I suppose the people in charge of Heroes: Origins wanted more time to work on it

topoopon

[15]Aug 11, 2007
    I reedited my post above. Check for sources.