Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

The best and worst episode heroes has ever done?

solman666

[1]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 5
    I think the best episode heroes has ever done is ether, how to stop an exploding man because it sums up how I feel about heroes in one episode: epic. My other fav episode is I am become death because a lot of people said volume three made no sense however watching this episode again does explain that peter has to destroy the formula and stop normal people from destroying the world also this episode is very fast paced and has good cgi in it. The worst episode is the eclipse becuse the writers did not explain the plot develpment and this did not make any sense. What you guys at home think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrazyBarry

[2]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 10
    Haha how opinions can vary, eh? Without being rude, I couldn't agree with you less...

I would say my all time favourite is probably 'Unexpected'. The absolutely perfect dialogue between Claude and Peter led to unpredictable developments, culminating in the shocking, tragic death of Simone. Beautiful episode.

Although the best feeling I have ever had watching Heroes was after 'Cold Snap'. The return of Bryan Fuller had me idiotically thinking that one astounding episode from him could revive Heroes. Alas, I think it was already dead.

'Villains is by the widest margin among Heroes episodes the worst. Seriously, I mean the difference between the second worst episode 'Dying of the Light' and 'Unexpected' is smaller than the difference between 'Dying of the Light' and 'Villains'. The plot hole created was irreprable and it was also a horrendous episode and utterly useless to the series.

P.S. the plot hole is: why did Noah need Isaac to paint a picture of Sylar if he already knew what he looked like, from seeing him before the death of Chandra Suresh? Reference 'Seven Seconds to Midnight' and 'Villains' for proof if you need it.

solman666

[3]Aug 8, 2010
    I love unexpected to also Noah did not no that sylar was Gabriel,

CharmedOneP391

[4]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 19

Best episode IMO is Cold Snap without a doubt. It was easily the best episode of season 3.

The worst episode? I dont know..either the Eclipse part 2 or Upon this Rock.

CrazyBarry

[5]Aug 8, 2010
    solman666 wrote:
    I love unexpected to also Noah did not no that sylar was Gabriel,

Really, he didn't know the guy opening up people's skulls was also the guy he had seen open up a person's skull? Damn, Noah must be stupid...

solman666

[6]Aug 9, 2010
    Good point, however he may of not been aware of... You no the sawing

CrazyBarry

[7]Aug 9, 2010
    solman666 wrote:
    Good point, however he may of not been aware of... You no the sawing

'The sawing?' Que? What sawing?

solman666

[8]Aug 10, 2010
    You know of the heads...by sylar...of the brains

CrazyBarry

[9]Aug 10, 2010
    ahhh... ive never heard it been described as sawing but yeah that fits...

unfortunately here's where it is undeniably a plot-hole: he watched through the camera Sylar saw the finger shooting guy whilst Elle was standing right there.

For that reason... worst. episode. ever. IMO

solman666

[10]Aug 10, 2010
    Is a pretty shockly bad episode, better than the eclipse though

deepgx

[11]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 11

Off the top of my head, I'd say the best episode of Heroes would be Company Man from the 1st season...it had everything that I loved about the show, and as HRG was one of my favourite characters in the first couple of seasons, that episode really proved it...That might change if I go back and watch that outstanding season of Heroes (a magic that the show was only able to recapture in tiny aftershocks over the rest of the series as it huffed and puffed along through mediocrity, plot holes, and annoying character developments). Having said that, I also love the opener to the 4th volume 'A Clear And Present Danger', as it had me really believe that the show could finally turn a corner and gain the momentum it once had. It was definitely better than Volume 3, but that magic wasn't really there..

Worst episode...hmm that's a toughie, as there are so many vying for that position. the 2nd part of Eclipse was HUGELY disappointing, esp after such a great build-up in the first part...or that lame Thanksgiving episode or Let It Bleed that came after..

KingofIPirates

[12]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 32
    Slightly difficult choice but I'd probably go with Cold Snap as the best Heroes episode.

As I wade through the quagmire; delving into the muck and the grime of the garbage dump of Heroes episodes. The one that keeps sticking out like a sore thumb is none other than "Brave New World". Never had I felt so disappointed and disgusted about a season finale.

TwistedConverse

[13]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 23
    Homecoming and Company Man are the best imo. I also love the one where HRG captures Elle and then gets shot in the same episode, I can't remember the name but it's towards the end of S2.

Worst episode is probably just all of Volume 3 in general for equal awfulness. I can't pick out the worst, they were all so bad.

a_noob_is_rokz

[14]Aug 19, 2010
    • level: 9
    The best is probably a tie between Five Years Gone and Cold Snap. The worst IMO is 1961 by a longshot.

Just_Jos

[15]Aug 24, 2010

Best: Either "Company Man" or "Five Years Gone", Both brilliant episodes

Worst: Probably "Shades of Gray", The whole Sylar looking for parents storyline stunk, like most of season 3.

SHUCKLEMAN

[16]Sep 28, 2010
    I'd say the best are Company Man, Cautionary Tales and Our Father. All absolutely phenomenal, and so exciting! Our Father especially, was so good in amongst all those mediocre episodes.

The worst were episode 6 of season 1 (I think it's called Better Halves), Villains and I Am Become Death. Better Halves is just the most boring thing I've seen in my life. I literally can't watch the whole episode anymore. I Am Become Death, whilst certainly not boring, is absolutely ridiculous. It's just so chaotic, and just doesn't make sense. Really, not good. Villains is probably the episode that ruined Heroes, I'd say. Season 2 was quite decent, just a little boring at the beginning, and suffered from being cut in half. If they've carried on like that, sure, the show wouldn't be that good, but we'd be getting a Cautionary Tales and a Four Months Ago every year, which is enough to keep me watching. Villains was just dire. So many plotholes, it's shocking.

lare84

[17]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 38
    The worst episode was definitely the season one finale, I have not watched the show since, it was so awful!

nimkong

[18]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 4
    I have a couple best episodes:

Homecomming- Made Peter Petrelli my favorite character. The whole 10 minutes at the high school goes down as the best moment in heroes history. "Save the cheerleader, save the world"

Five years gone- Amazing way to show the future. Future Peter was a badass along with future Sylar. Man, I wish I could have seen their future fight.

How to stop an exploding man- GREAT finale! When I first watched it I dident like it at all. But on repeat viewings it amazing! The fight between Sylar and Peter...epic! I just wished it was the series finale. It would have made a great one.

Worst episodes:

Villains- Wayyyyy too many plot-holes. Probably where the series got bad.

I am Sylar- Started my dislike for Sylar. By this time I couldent decide if I was watching Heroes or the "Sylar show". I mean, come on writers! Getting stabbed in the back of the head but then showing he moved it??? Thats when I relized the writers were never going to kill off Sylar.