Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

The Official Heroes Cancellation/Petition/Revival/News/etc. Thread

DreamCruise

[21]May 15, 2010
    • level: 13

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Two hour movie? They may as well do it.......tie up the loose ends.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

symphonia4

[22]May 15, 2010
    • level: 2

Heroes ending is a sad sad day indeed. There are so many unanswered questions and also things that I'm sure everyone wants to see. The return of Peter's powers. The next great enemy. How things go with Sylar. Everything! The Writer's finally seem to be getting back into what made heroes great in the first season only to have it cancelled?? NBC is making a huge blunder here. When Heroes is gone I'm not going to be watching their channel for anything else. The cliffhanger at the end was perfect to get things in motion. We should try to revive it.

ironknight992

[23]May 15, 2010
    • level: 3
    I have followed this show since season one, and never missed an episode. I don't think they are handling this right. I'm not mad about the cancellation, I'm mad that they don't have the decency to allow the show to finish properly. What happened to "they need to fill the slots now that the Jay Leno show is gone" and all that, and the fact that Heroes tops the DVD sales charts every year when a season is released. Sorry if I'm ranting, I'm just upset, and think NBC should rethink their decision.

JohnnyDrama8

[24]May 15, 2010
    • level: 10

NBC will cancel Heroes but keep that reality poop like minute to win it, marriage ref and fit club. NBC I swear if you cancel Chuck as well their will be no reason to watch your network.

This is a sad day.

p.s. PiperPrue lover who is that person with the blur hair in your thing???

a_noob_is_rokz

[25]May 15, 2010
    • level: 9
    I think one problem is that while none of the characters really received closure, all of them resolved their conflicts to the point where they would need at least 12 episodes to introduce and resolve a new threat. And I don't think NBC wanted to finance another 12 episodes.

ush_crowbarman

[26]May 15, 2010

Yea, I kept wanting them to focus on a single character or a group of characters, the 30 different storylines wasn't really good for the short-attention-spanners that they seem to be tailoring all TV to (thus the infatuation with the reality TV). I just hope they think of the nice middle option of giving Claire her own spin off. They can resolve the other characters that need resolving and sort of just do a different kind of show.

CharmedOneP391

[27]May 15, 2010
    • level: 19

I am hoping that if the 2-4 hour movie is produced that NBC decides to move the show to it's sister network Syfy. I don't see how Syfy wouldn't want Heroes

Edited on 05/15/2010 9:54pm

jabalong

[28]May 16, 2010
    • level: 4

I have somewhat of a different take on the cancellation and ending from many comments here.

As for the cancellation, maybe it was warranted based on ratings, I don't know. But I disagree that the show had it coming as I thought that after an unfortunate season 2 and so so season 3, that season 4 was a real return to form for the show. Fans who didn't watch it ought to check it out.

As for the ending, while I didn't want the show to be cancelled, if it is to be then I'm happy with the season 4 ending being the last word. After four seasons of trying to keep the heroes secret, it ends on a postcript that this era is over and now the heroes will be exposed to the world.

As for the ramifications of this, there is no way you could properly explore this in just a few episodes, let alone a two-hour movie finale or something. So I'd rather it end as is, that there is a new uncertain era for the Heroes, with it left to our imaginations as to what it will be.

frosty_ice

[29]May 16, 2010
    • level: 24
    We have to bring the show back! Make a petition, kill the guys at NBC's board, anything... but we have to stop this madness. If Kim Possible was able to come back, because the fans really wanted a 4th season, then we can also do that... bring the show back for one last season, so we can see a decent series finale.

Timewhisper

[30]May 16, 2010
    • level: 7
    hal9000_basic wrote:

I don't mind a cancellation if it cannot be avoided, but for a 4 year run at least give the fans some closure. I haven't watched the last season, but reading the Posts here i presume it has no ending?

They wrap up the volume, but they begin another which leaves the show at a cliffhanger.

feraflower

[31]May 16, 2010
    • level: 17

It's strange. I knew it was coming, I think most fans knew this was coming, but it's just. . .sad. Heroes always seemed to survive, to get just one more season, just the one season, and we could be happy, hoping Heroes could return to beautiful form. I've had four years of experience. Four years. You can't write it off that easily. No matter what, to me, Heroes was a fun experience. I'm sorry it had to go out like this.

In a perfect world, Kring always had a solid plan for the show. In a perfect world, Peter and Hiro never would have lost their powers. In a perfect world, the writer's strike never happened. In a perfect world, season two aired completely. As it is, we have to accept what's been given. It never was perfect and that's okay.

I do want a tv movie, not for myself, but the fans do need it. They deserve it. Closure should happen. Any closure really. As for myself, I'm fine where Heroes ended. The season finale was enough for me. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, the movie, if it happens, won't screw anything up. Just please, give some closure, and that will be that.

DarrianL

[32]May 17, 2010
    • level: 5

Not the least bit surprised. After the strike you would have thought they would have put in their best effort to keep the show on the air, but this entire season has been utter crap. Not the acting, mind you, I commend the cast on the great job they've continued to do, despite having some of the **** scripts ever, but the writers need to be shot.

Scarzaster

[33]May 17, 2010
    • level: 6

WTF they never said anything the last episode... so what now NBC gonna have another pansy premadonna show...pff these networks suck!!!

ArchmageZero

[34]May 17, 2010
    • level: 2

I guess NBC has a lot of faith in its own ability to come up with some kind of miracle show that can do better in the ratings than Heroes has been doing. I doubt they can. They'll try cop drama. They'll try medical drama. They'll fail.

Edited on 05/17/2010 6:40pm

JohnnyDrama8

[35]May 17, 2010
    • level: 10

If the following shows got closure so should Heroes.

La Femme Nikita, Firefly, Jericho, Arrested Devolpment, Chuck (sorta) and many more.

Story at metacritic.

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2010/save-our-show-a-history-of-tv-fan-campaigns/

Those Jericho fans sent 20 tons of peanuts to CBS that is dedication they spent 55,000 dollars.

What should Heroes fans send the Helix symbol necklace or various Helix symbol stuff? Pom-poms "Save The Cheerleader save the world", plastic brains, globes? What should we send? Any good ideas??? This show is top 20 on Tv.com it has a 9.0 rating. It must go on.

TwistedConverse

[36]May 18, 2010
    • level: 23
    The show died years ago anyway and this is just the last nail in the coffin. It has been absolutely terrible since the S1 finale, bar a few decent episodes. (IMO)

JohnnyDrama8 wrote:
    p.s. PiperPrue lover who is that person with the blur hair in your thing???

I know you didn't ask me but it is Illyria from Angel.

a_noob_is_rokz

[37]May 18, 2010
    If we're sending anything to NBC, I think it should be horn-rimmed glasses.

JWEBSR

[38]May 18, 2010
    • level: 8
    ush_crowbarman wrote:

Yea, I kept wanting them to focus on a single character or a group of characters, the 30 different storylines wasn't really good for the short-attention-spanners that they seem to be tailoring all TV to (thus the infatuation with the reality TV). I just hope they think of the nice middle option of giving Claire her own spin off. They can resolve the other characters that need resolving and sort of just do a different kind of show.

I'm sorry to pick this post to piggy-back on, but I couldn't get by the Claire spinoff reference. Dude, Heroes has been The Claire Show for a long time now. How good has that worked? As far as this past Season getting back on track, the last half was a terrible finish with the 1st half only being tolerable. And what a finale(sarcasm)! The watered-down goodguy moves the ground better than the bad guy and then the cops lock the bad guy up. The creativity of this momentous highlight in TV history just thrilled me beyond measure(more sarcasm). If anyone wants closure, pretend that the dreadful storylines never happened and watch Season 1 from start to finish. Beyond that, the series had it's moments, but was hardly comparable to the lost charm and cleverness of it's ground-breaking Season 1. Don't get me wrong, I'm mad and have been for a long time. But not at the execs at the network, but at the real culprits----Kring and his untalented staff for butchering my once-favorite show. The network was generous in giving the show a chance last season when they certainly could have rationally cancelled it after Vol 4. Sorry fellow broken-hearted fans, but your ire is misplaced.

CharmedOneP391

[39]May 19, 2010
    • level: 19

I can honestly say that I loved the show for all 4 seasons. That said, Redemption was my least favorite volume after really enjoying the premiere and all the episodes up to Thanksgiving, the final episodes of 2010 were just..pretty bad. The wrong turn was made when it became clear that Samuel was just a love sick teenager making that Valley a home for him and whatever her name was. I really was thinking that when that dude used his power of plant growth in the valley that Samuel was trying to build a "City of Heroes" and break it away from the rest of the continent or something epic along those lines. But Heroes just did not deliver. Which is the story of this great series.

Seasons 1-3 felt more like Heroes to me than season 4 did. Even Villains. Although I can say that i enjoyed the finale..but Heroes not receiving a final season will forever be a huge disappointment in my eyes. I never got to see 1.Exodus or the way the writers were truly trying to take this series thanks to the writers strike. and 2. Brave New World. It does suck IMO. I am not going to lie that I'm disappointed in the cancellation.

enervator

[40]May 20, 2010
    • level: 38

Seeing as how it seemed most of the comments posted during the weekly episode threads were negative, I'm pretty surprised there's this much shock over the cancellation. There is such a thing as putting something out of its misery, and honestly the time for that is long past. I've watched Heroes from the beginning and in my opinion they never recaptured what they had in the first season, and to be honest by the end of that season it seemed like the writers had already burned themselves out. I wanted it to be as great as it could be, but it never seemed to quite get there. Bringing it back for another season as a lame duck show doesn't seem like it would really be worth it.

I was also scratching my head over the Claire spinoff suggestion, and am surprised more people didn't comment on it. One of the biggest complaints about the show already was that, despite it being passed off as an ensemble cast, it seemed to focus almost entirely on Claire. The writers' apparent obsession with Claire and/or Hayden got them to focus on a character who as far as I can tell most fans didn't like, so what did they really expect to happen? By the end it seemed like she and Sylar were the only ones the writers had any interest in, and they had just thrown their hands up with everyone else. And even with Claire and Sylar they had written themselves into a corner.

Believe me, if I thought we could get one more quality season out of the writers, then I'd be going along with the rest of you who are saying to bring it back just to give some closure. But I don't think they have it in them, or else they simply haven't cared for a long time. If they are still capable of putting together a good story, then I'd have to ask why they haven't been giving it to us over the past few years. A two-hour movie is just a token gesture. Is it really going to accomplish anything? Maybe they figure the ratings will be good enough to make the argument for another half-season worth of episodes...