Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

The Official Heroes Cancellation/Petition/Revival/News/etc. Thread

KingofIPirates

[61]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 32
    Great, more rehashing of the same old, tired abhorrent plotlines; First Sylar dealing with internal conflict yet again and Claire (one of the worst characters in television history) once again being put in the forefront... these guys just don't learn.
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    In terms of explaining it they could just say Nathan used his powers to fake his death to help defeat Samuel or something.
    What? Fake his death? Sylar never actually played much of a role in defeating Samuel.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maryshine

[62]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 9

Wonder if Tim King will have Clair and Sylar get together.

muckerjoe

[63]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 1
    We don't know if it has been offically cancelled

m-o-o-n

[64]Jun 10, 2010
    • level: 2

Tim Kring, please do what Joss Whedon did. Make a big screen movie. Please!

RobertMartin3

[65]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 2

Maybe, with any luck at all, they could do a Heroes movie to end it like what was done with Firefly/ Serenity. It would for sure have to be done very well but closure would be nice for the story.

frosty_ice

[66]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 24
    I don't know... I mean, the series deserved better than it had. And a mini-series looks just what we need to finsh the whole series, and give it a proper ending, if you ask me. As for Sylar... well, I agree that they should just kill him in the beggining (why do you ask? because he would have given a great hero, but as a villain, he's the lamest one I've ever seen. I would rather have Samuel back, instead os Sylar... they should have killed him in the end of the first season, and bring forth a decent super-villain, in my opinion).

sremnes

[67]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 18

NBC announced the show's cancellation on May 14, 2010,[9] due to the high costs of production, diminished viewing and an increase in other programming.[10] However, the network is looking into ways to conclude the storylines,[11] which was confirmed by Kring in a message to its fans.[12] On September 9, 2010, NBC decided not to do a movie that would wrap up the series.[13]

No surpsise here, no wrap up.

sm0ke311

[68]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 4

just finished watching heroes it is a great show

it is so sad that show is cancelled i love heroes after lost it is best show

Jamus02

[69]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 16

I got season 4 on dvd for christmas and I just finished watching it. All I have to say is Wow! Season 4 was so much better than season 3. I really enjoyed the storyline and progression of new characters that I actually liked. Season 4 wasn't as dramatic or epic as season 1 or even season 2 quality, but I think that is what made it so great. It saddens me that more people didn't realize how great Heroes started getting in it's last season. I'm kind of indifferent about a movie or mini series wrap up. It would be great if they could do a movie or something, but at the same time what more can they do. Sylar has somewhat redeemed himself, Claire has exposed her ability to the world, the only thing I can see happening is the world's reaction to these people with special abilities and Peter becoming the new leader of The Carvnival. I just hope that if they do get a chance to wrap it up theydon't make it like volume 4, hunting down the special people.

maoejo

[70]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 4

Okay, you want my opinion on the matter? I'll say that Heroes deserved to be killed due to the rather bad season that Season 4/Volume 5 gave. Honestly, trying to watch that season was a total nightmare for me, considering some issues.

Here were the lowpoints of the season, from minimal to absolute worst:

1. Hiro severely altering time, even though not only did he originally suffer not doing so twice (first time when trying to save Charlie the first time, and the second when he tried to prevent his dad's death). The fact that they oddly tried to also somehow retcon the entire reason why Hiro wanted to be a hero (he originally wanted to be such due to bedtime stories about Kenzei, now it basically had a Fortune Teller basically telling him) is also just as bad.

2. Having HRG consider cheating on his wife, despite the fact that one of the few redeemable characteristics for himis the fact that he is severely loyal to his family. Adding in that subplot was completely unnecessary, not even as an introduction to the character.

And finally, the absolute WORST thing that happened on that season:

3. The writers deciding to change Claire's orientation for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Honestly, her having some same sex attractions would have at least been forgivable if they actually hinted at it in prior seasons. However, there was absolutely no hint that she even had same sex attractions, never mind her possibly being a bisexual or even lesbian (and the latter makes absolutely no sense anyways because she did have legitimate attractions to someone of the opposite sex, Zach West, remember him?). The only thing that was even hinted at in the previous seasons was that she was heterosexual. You can't change your own orientation. In my instance, I was born straight, and I'm fated to die straight as well, and I cannot do anything to change that. I've only ever been attracted to the opposite sex (in other worlds, girls, although I also don't want girls to be exploited). Honestly, for the Claire reason alone, even attempting to watch that season was a total nightmare. The only thing that prevented me from watching it was my attempting to make sure she didn't become Lesbian or Bisexual. I personally never saw any hints at it, but apparently people on this site as well as HeroesWiki.com seemed to see the hints, apparently even the creators made it seem as though they are a couple. My parents didn't like it either. People may claim that this was Hayden Pantierre's idea, but considering the fact that the E! pre-release scoop had an interview with Hayden and Madeline Zima regarding Heroes that my Dad saw, and going by his take on it, they didn't seem too happy during the interview, I sincerely doubt that it was her idea. Even if it was, it was pretty clear she was having second thoughts. It's more likely it had something to do with the ratings.

In either case, due to Season 4/Volume 5 and it's absolute poor writing, even though I used to like Heroes, I have to say that it being cancelled was probably a deserving fate for it. Besides, I don't want to sit through another season and having it constantly reminding me that Claire apparently changed her orientation.

thanosz

[71]Feb 28, 2011

Bring Back Heroes!

ZoeNorman

[72]May 6, 2011

yes totaly **** agree realy pissed me off when it finished,i wouldnt have minded if it had a last season.what was the point at all otherwise.x

Tigers1201

[73]May 23, 2011

This show is a prime example of how a good concept, time slot, directing, production, etc, means nothing if the writing sucks. I remember watching this show in its third season and wondering if the writing staff consisted of 'slow' nine yearolds. Plotholes, too many characters, poor characterization, nonsensical garbage story turns, unchecked powers...Honestly, who the hell hired those people? Heroes had such potential.

Jurjen1994

[74]May 23, 2011

I loved heroes, saw the first season with my sister on my way to spain, and was hooked. Sure, the last two seasons were quality wise not as good as the first two seasons. But still, Heroes deserves a second chance. If the show just returned to the basics. No more carnivals, no more everyone is everywhere. No one had half a home, or felt like he/she didn't belong there, just need to get SOME routine in the series, because that's what the last 2 seasons lacked in my opinion. Claire didn't really have a home, Noah didn't really have a home he felt comfortable in, Peter likewise. it just lacked something positive, and something they could fall back to. If you ask me: Don't change all the characters, just give the characters some rest, take it slow, make the characters evolve in a somewhat more peaceful environment. Give them a home, an everyday life.

goofy5507

[75]May 28, 2011
    • level: 12
    Just finished watching season 4 and it was quite the dissapointment for many reasons:

- I don't like time-travelling to much, and certainly not altering the past/future, since the implications of it are always unknown. Now in this season Hero goes back in time and changes several things and almost nothing changes in the present only the most essential things: like Ando and Kimiko fall in love, Sylar thinks he might end up alone, Charlie doesn't die ... I mean the butterflly effect is much more serious than that I think.

- How many times can you make Sylar live through an identity crisis? It has been a while since I saw the first 3 seasons but I do remember Sylar going through quite some of them and it was becoming boring.

- The plot was okay but the way they went about it was just lame for me. I mean the 2nd to last episode with Noah's flashback was totally redundant for me (at least at that point in the story), they should have put it much more earlier in like season 2 or something. And they just did like everything so that Samuel would only be stopped in the last episode which made the storyline boring and dull.

- + Many other things which I'm not gonna write out. Anyway my point is that a full season 5 would only have been justified if Tim Kring could have shown that the plot, story, character development and stuff would have been much better than in the last 3 seasons, cause it has all gone downhill!!

BabyJenks23

[76]May 30, 2011

i'm sad the show is gone. i just finished S4 and yes i had some issues with things but i still want to know what happens. it just seems cruel to leave us all hanging like this. any type of closer - whatever the format - would be greatly appreciated.

V-holma

[77]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 3
    I know im grasping at straws, but is there any talk about bringing this show back? They left us with a real cliffhanger.

SanctuaryLady51

[78]Oct 3, 2011

Bring back 'Heroes'the TV series. It was great!

TrueBloodLuver

[79]Oct 21, 2011

I stopped watching TV a long time ago.. I spend most of my time on my computer, therefore, I wasn't one of those who watched Heroes when it was on the air. However, my daughter had apparently been a big fan, yet had missed the end of Season 3 & all of Season 4, and desperately wanted to see them.

Having Netflix, I decided to look into it, & happily enough, there it was, all 4 seasons able to be streamed, so together we watched them in order from the beginning. By the end of the first episode, I liked Peter's character so much, I simply had to watch another... and before I knew it, I was hooked.

Having just finished Season 4, I went in search of why it went off the air, and came across this site, and the information I was looking for....

There have been an awful lot of mixed opinions regarding the writing, the storylines, the characters, etc... from the truly disappointed (those saying after Season 1 it was doomed), to the die-hard fans who loved it even though it had some not-so-great episodes ( especially regarding what was to become the series finale). As fans, we also can't really expect that series writers can't have off days, writer's block, and other difficulties, after all, they are only human; nobody can get it right every time... Especially when dealing with such a complex show as Heroes; I'm thoroughly impressed with what i've seen, and actually commend the writers for doing such a good job of it, especially when under what must have been tremendous pressure to outdo even themselves in order to try to save their own series from extinction... It simply cannot be easy: I write, and anyone who's written anything knows its not as easy as it looks!

I decided, since I watched them in a different way; after the fact, all in a row, one after the other over the course of a week or so ~ that i'd give my two-cents simply for the hell of it. It's true that Season 1 was phenomenal, it's true that they continued to add more characters and spin a spiderweb of storylines all interconnected, yet running in unison which can cause some people to become confused or as I saw said repeatedly, not hold the attention of the common viewer of the age: reality tv viewers for those withshort attention spans...

And yet.... I still think it had plenty to offer. Yes, I became disappointed myself a few times with certain characters... where they were going with them, at times seeming to be coming from left field somewhere... but all in all I think all 4 Seasons were well worth the watching. There have only been select television shows that i've viewed faithfully, never missing an episode, etc.. as I am now with True Blood, and Heroes definitely fits the bill in my book. When I got to the end of Season 4, I admit, I too thought that Samuel was going to use his powers of devistation to possibly destroy everything surrounding his beautiful valley in order to set all of them apart from the rest, or in order to simply try towipe out the rest of mankind, but it could've been worse. Who knows? Maybe they thought that in doing so, it might be far worse to try to continue from something of that magnitude especially facing the strong possibility of being cancelled.

It looks to me as though the writers did try to give it some kind of at least acceptable ending for those who had watched from the very beginning, so that they could then use their own judgement & imaginations to decide where they all went from there... and at the same time, leave a possible opening for future shows should they try to possibly bring it back sometime in the near future with a whole host of well-written episodes that another network would be thrilled to air... they've been bringing shows back lately that had been previously cancelled for whatever reasons... so why not Heroes?

I hold a small glimmer of hope that Heroes will in fact become one of the select few who get pulled back out of the closet, dusted off, spruced up all new and improved & are given a true second chance. If not... then along with those characters we lost on the show.... farewell... you were loved by many & will be missed by all.....

Never-the-less, I will say this: Heroes did not deserve to be canned in such a manner, it would have risen above had they had a little faith... there are certainly many more television programs that have survived longer that are what I call mindless television, no thinking required... not my kind of television, which was one of the main reasons I quit watching it so long ago... I prefer using my mind when watching a tv show... yet, time and again, the networks, etc... continue to prove that more often than not the Television is in fact, an idiot box....

carebare34

[80]Oct 24, 2011

lol i miss it and too bad its not coming back . same with survivors bbc sucks leaving such cliffhangers jackasses