Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

what the cheese is the best volume?

what the cheese is the best volume

solman666

[1]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 5
    i loce heroes it is my fav show ever i like all volumes myself in my opinyon (rember my opinyon) volumes one three and five are the best but you know what thats me what do you think
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

exterminator25

[2]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 27
    my opinion, the volumes in order of best to worst go like this:

one - genesis (brilliant, some of best telly i've seen)

five - redemption (lives up to the title, heroes has redeemed itself)

four - fugitives (had quite a 24 feel to it, and 24's one of my fave shows)

three - villains (was great until arthur petrelli stole peter's powers, then it was just bad, apart from episodes villains and our father)

two - just bad, but gave us adam monroe and powerless, which was freakin sweet)

MemnochZERO

[3]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 14
    I still think "Genesis" was practically an art form. The whole thing was well put together begining to end. Every time I put ont he DVD, i feel a compulsion just to keep watching it until it's over.

"Generations" is a mixed bag. on the one hand, Adam, Elle, and the origins of the Company are all good things. On the other hand the first half is painful to watch and very poorly constructed in comparison to Genesis. Overall, I think the second half is pretty solid, but half the episodes out of 11 isn't a good track record.

"Villains" started off excellent. With Genesis, we saw normal everyday people dealing with these abilities and what they do with them and how it effects them. We had a few bad seeds in there, but for the most part they were all pretty good. With Villains, what I liked was we got the other half; the criminals, killers, and people in it only for themselves. What I was expecting was that same maturity and character study from Volume 1 applied to the "Villains" and we'd see what made them the way they are be it socially or if it's a physical problem (like Sylar's hunder) that made them go off the deep end. Instead by the half way mark it devolved into a jumble of plotlines that never really got resolved and the "shock value" of character death was in abundence. It completely fell appart with The Eclipse. By the end of Volume 3 I was really relucant to tune into Volume 4.

"Fugitives" was coming from a bad place in terms of writing and the first half wasn't much better. Every episode felt like such a chore which was a shame because conceptually, Fugitives could've been solid. By the tail end of it, when Bryan Fuller came back, the series took a turn for the better correcting a lot of the damage and giving a pretty solid conclusion. I just find it funny season 3 starts off amazing and finishes almost as good but sucks in the middle.

"Redemption" pretty much lives up to the title and I think it's been the most consistantly awesome season since season 1, though still having trouble knowing what to do with all characters at all time, it's not perfect but close. Samuel Sullivan has turned out to be my favorite villain (hopefully they can keep him around, too) and I really think this season has grown up and done something impressive. The Carnival is a really fresh concept and it did what i wanted Heroes to do in season 2: expand the world and history of Heroes and introduce new compelling characters. However, given only 19 episodes to tell the story works against it, since I think there's a lot more to tell with the story they've set up. Hopefully season 5 is a go and we get an even higher level of quality.

I mean, seasons 2 and 3 of LOST were pretty sketchy next to season 1 yet they turned it around and season 4 was solid, 5 was even better. I hope Heroes will be given the chance to do that.

a_noob_is_rokz

[4]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 9
    Volume One is the best. Plain and simple.

Volume Four was like Volume One mixed with 24, just not quite as good and it had the best finale.

Volume Five started out good, but went straight to hell after the halfway break.

Volume Two was dull, but had decent characterization and obeyed most of the rules of logic when Peter wasn't on screen.

Volume Three was terrible and although it was more entertaining than Volume Two, this is the volume that killed Heroes forever. The only good thing to come of it was the depowering of Peter and Hiro. Absolutely everything else about this Volume was atrocious.

filmstu2005

[5]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 7

a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    Volume Three was terrible and although it was more entertaining than Volume Two, this is the volume that killed Heroes forever. The only good thing to come of it was the depowering of Peter and Hiro. Absolutely everything else about this Volume was atrocious.

Thank you. My beliefs exactly. At least after Vol 2 they had a chance to recover since Vol 2 was still set in the normal everyday Heroes world. Vol 3 completely stripped the "real world ordinary people" aspect from it, i mean nothing was clever, nothing made sense, it was like a 5 yr old crazy coloring outside the lines. from Matt in Africa, Hiro acting 10 yrs old, Arthur P having zero motivation for his evil plan, the world splitting then not splitting, Mohinder turning into a fly/lizard/monster whatever the hell that was, HRG training Claire to fight by having her hit the wall with a piece of a board, Nathan changing sides faster than it takes to change a diaper, and dont even get me started on Ali larter and her "triplets" bullshi-...Sorry.. vol 3 just pisses me off like no other.

TheocharisTel

[6]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 2

basically heroes was an up and down ride. i dont think that there is any doubt that genesis was a masterpiece, the rest werent quite as good but they were definetely not dreadful as some people called them, fugitives and redemption certainly werent

nimkong

[7]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 4

My favorites are from greatest to least are:

Genesis-I would have to say everybody who has seen Heroes agrees that season 1 is the best season hands down. There wasent anything I dident like (Besides Niki Sanders). The best season I have ever seen on TV.

Redemption- After season 1 the show never really came back to what it was. But to me Redemption is almost to being like season 1. I just think that if they had a whole new cast of characters with the carnival plot then this season would rival season 1. This volume had the complexity of season 1 but the same boringness of the old charcters. Some people had the potential for a couple more storylines like Peter and Hiro. But most people had ran dry, like Claire and even Sylar. Plus Samuel was a pretty cool villan.

Generations- This volume is really good but after the awesomeness that was season 1, this season fell flat. The first six episodes were a downgrade compared to the first season but then it got good when it hit episode 7. Adam was a good villan but the Japan storyline is one of the worst plots in the series. A good season but not as good as the previous.

Villans- This volume has a better story than Generations but the worst plot-holes and character changes ever. Peter turns bad, claire turns bad, and Sylar turns good then bad again. The sylar being peters brother storyline and Peter having "the hunger" storyline we're the biggest wastes of time ever. Villans (the episode) had the most plot-holes in a single episode. The characters from the previous season were never heard from again (West, Monica). You could tell that the writers were trying to go back to season 1 and by doing that lost viewers and ruined the series.

Fugitives- The first two episodes in this volume were some of the best in the series. After that the volume got really boring. Not bad, just boring. Cold Snap was also good. The worst thing about this volume is Sylar. Don't get me wrong he my 2nd favorite character but this season he was really annoying. Finding his father was boring but the worst part is when Danko stabbed him in the back of the head and he dident die. That's when I realized that the writers were never going to kill off Sylar

Edited on 11/25/2012 12:21pm