Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Whatever Happened to Peters Irish Girlfriend Caitlin?

leishman161

[1]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 16

Does anyone know what happened to Peter's short lived girlfriend Caitlin?

I remember she got trapped in the virus affected future around half way through season 2, did Peter go back and rescue her or was she a story strand that became a victim of the writers strike?

If he didn't go back to rescue her i wonder what happened to her as she was left in the virus infected future, but as the virus was never released that future would never have happened so where would she have ended up? Very confusing if you think to much about it!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Eespachung

[2]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 2

Either trapped in crappy future vol.2 or she's been erased from existence.

So, sucks to be her.

SpideyFan914

[3]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 18
    Trapped in an alternate timeline, I bet.

tvssecondchild

[4]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    leishman161 wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to Peter's short lived girlfriend Caitlin?

I remember she got trapped in the virus affected future around half way through season 2, did Peter go back and rescue her or was she a story strand that became a victim of the writers strike?

If he didn't go back to rescue her i wonder what happened to her as she was left in the virus infected future, but as the virus was never released that future would never have happened so where would she have ended up? Very confusing if you think to much about it!!

Not really, the writers confirmed before the season started that we wouldn't see Caitlin anyway. Ya she's lost in the future forever, let that be a lesson to women, never fall in love with a Petrelli.

OneNotTaken

[5]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 21
    Actually, the creators confirmed that in the original volume 3, which was supposed to be a part of season two, they explored the return of caitlin, in episode 14 or 15, but because the season got cut short they couldn't find the right moment to revisit the issue.

Originally after stopping the shanti virus, peter talked to hiro about getting caitlin back, and was able to teleport into the now changed future to retrieve her. He returned her to ireland, and they decided that because of his super duper hero complex, it would be safest for them to be apart and for her to stay in ireland.

It is unknown whether they will ever actually revisit the issue in the actual show or not.

ionee24

[6]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 32
    Then again, it's still march of 2007 on Heroes timeline, everything that happened so far occurs 7 to 10 days after Niki died so we won' get the answer until they reach June of 2008 which is the point in time where Peter left Caitlyn.

TheLunaDivider

[7]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think she's been effectively erased from existence, since the future ravaged with the virus no longer exists and her with it. Nobody will miss her, methinks.

kanniballl

[8]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 18

ionee24 wrote:
    Then again, it's still march of 2007 on Heroes timeline, everything that happened so far occurs 7 to 10 days after Niki died so we won' get the answer until they reach June of 2008 which is the point in time where Peter left Caitlyn.

My first thought was that she wa simply erased from existance with the change of the timeline.

But later I thought an interesting plot twist would be that she somehow survives, and when Peter naturally reaches the point in time where she was left that they meet up. Maybe she's angry, happy, hideously deformed, has a power of her own, etc. Heck maybe she turns into a major villain this (or next) season as a result of being left behind.

There has to be at least 1 SciFi story out there with a similar scenario:

- Persons A and B travel to the future.

- Person A then returns to the past, leaving person B in the future.

- Person A changes the past.

- Person B somehow survives, perhaps because she was an artifact/oddity in the timeline and thus partially (or totally) unaffected by the change in timeline.

KingofIPirates

[9]Oct 28, 2008
    They lost her script..

ionee24

[10]Oct 28, 2008
    kanniballl wrote:

ionee24 wrote:

My first thought was that she wa simply erased from existance with the change of the timeline.

But later I thought an interesting plot twist would be that she somehow survives, and when Peter naturally reaches the point in time where she was left that they meet up. Maybe she's angry, happy, hideously deformed, has a power of her own, etc. Heck maybe she turns into a major villain this (or next) season as a result of being left behind.

- Person B somehow survives, perhaps because she was an artifact/oddity in the timeline and thus partially (or totally) unaffected by the change in timeline.

I also think Caitlin most likely died or vanished along with the future that contained her but whatever the answer will be it'll have to wait till they reach June of 2008 on Heroes timeline for Peter she's still out of timeframe and unreachable.

Edited on 10/28/2008 12:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.

OneNotTaken

[11]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 21
    I love how no one even acknowledged my post even though it is factual and not speculation. Lol.

Hakuro_Sanzo

[12]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 3
    The way I see it, Peter knew there was no way to retrieve Caitlin and accepted that fact... So he just wanted to make sure she'd live in a world in which the human population wasn't down to 7 or so percent. He just wanted her to leave peacefully in the future.

ionee24

[13]Oct 28, 2008
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    I love how no one even acknowledged my post even though it is factual and not speculation. Lol.

We don't is just that if it is true that:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    Actually, the creators confirmed that in the original volume 3, which was supposed to be a part of season two, they explored the return of caitlin, in episode 14 or 15, but because the season got cut short they couldn't find the right moment to revisit the issue.

Originally after stopping the shanti virus, peter talked to hiro about getting caitlin back, and was able to teleport into the now changed future to retrieve her. He returned her to ireland, and they decided that because of his super duper hero complex, it would be safest for them to be apart and for her to stay in ireland.

It is unknown whether they will ever actually revisit the issue in the actual show or not.

Then we're not sure either way because the current volume 3 has taken a completely different direction and Peter now doesn't even have the power to bring her back.

ionee24

[14]Oct 28, 2008

OneNotTaken wrote:

It's just that if it's true that:

OneNotTaken wrote:
    Actually, the creators confirmed that in the original volume 3, which was supposed to be a part of season two, they explored the return of caitlin, in episode 14 or 15, but because the season got cut short they couldn't find the right moment to revisit the issue. Originally after stopping the shanti virus, peter talked to hiro about getting caitlin back, and was able to teleport into the now changed future to retrieve her. He returned her to ireland, and they decided that because of his super duper hero complex, it would be safest for them to be apart and for her to stay in ireland. It is unknown whether they will ever actually revisit the issue in the actual show or not.

Then we don't know for sure what will happen anyway because the current volume 3 has taken a completely different direction and Peter doesn't even have the power to bring her back now.

Edited on 10/28/2008 5:36pm

Giant2005

[15]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    OneNotTaken wrote:

Are you sure about all that?
    I could be wrong because my memory is utter crap but I thought I read the writer's said it was meant to be about his "attempt" at getting her back only to realise she no longer existed.

wowbobwow38

[16]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    All these are great theories but I agree with the poster who basically said, "I don't miss so why bother bringing her back."

ajtblue2003

[17]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 19
    it's just silly that peter dosen't even think about Caitlin in season 3, this thead needs to cut in the heroes world. at least answered.

ionee24

[18]Oct 29, 2008
    ajtblue2003 wrote:
    it's just silly that peter dosen't even think about Caitlin in season 3, this thead needs to cut in the heroes world. at least answered.
    Problem is that Peter did try to bring her back just before Adam were to relese the Shanti virus, he just couldn't grab a hold on her and only brought back a piece of paper (Cautionary tales episode) so he's bound to wait till June of 2008 to figure out what really happened to her. In the meantime he's powerless.
    Edited on 10/29/2008 11:11am

Ravenite

[19]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    kanniballl wrote:

ionee24 wrote:

Back to the Furture Part II, kinda. When Doc Brown and Marty come back from 2015 to the alternate 1985 where Biff rules, they have go back and fix it. Unfortunately they have to leave Doc Brown's dog Einstein and Marty's girlfriend Jennifer behind in the messed up timeline. Though Doc Brown explains that when their efforts would restore the timeline to normal, 1985 would change around Einstein and Jennifer and they'd have no memory of it, it having never happened from their perspective. Though not really the same, since the didn't go into the future, just an alternate version of their own time, I was thinking that's what would happen.

ionee24

[20]Oct 30, 2008
    Either way what really happened to Caitlyn remains a mystery. ...at least until June 2008 on Heroes timeline.
    Edited on 10/30/2008 8:31am