Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

When will peter petrelli get all his powers back.

AdetutuMichael

[1]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 1
    Peter has been a major contribution to the elimination of all the valian in the four seasons but the question that keep popping into our head is that will peter ever gonna get his powers back rather than being limited to just one alone coz sylar can just go around with all the powers. But remember,the future peter has more powers and nobody has step on a butterfly to change that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aligroo

[2]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    Yeah, me too i'ld like to see Peter get all his olds powers back. He was so cool with all his powers, and i loved the fact that he was the only one who could really have a fight and beat Sylar so i would love to see a fifth season where Peter gets all his powers back. Can't wait for it.

ReggieHarris

[3]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 4

If Peter takes Sylars primary ability then he could regather his powers. Infact once he had Sylars primary power he could get all of Sylars alternate powers aswell.

thetruesora

[4]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 22
    he only properly became able to beat Sylar AFTER he was changed to having one ability at a time.

GiancarloChico

[5]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 7

I don't believe Peter is going to get his old power back. the writers would have to find a way to put him down so that he doesn't just stop the bad guys with a snap of his fingers. that was the main reason why the writers took away his powers in the first place and gave him this new one......so that he wouldn't become too powerful and beat every obstacle that stood in his way. That's why they made Peter's character look so weak when he had his old power. He first wasn't able to control his powers and nearly ended up destroying NYC. then in the second season the writers took away his memories and reset everything for peter so that he had to struggle to get to the end. then in the third season, his future self came in and trapped him into another person's body while the future peter went in and tried to save everybody but ended up stepping on a lot of butterflies. so then when peter came back to the present and tried to save the world again he was nearly unstoppable until his father took away all of his powers. The writers needed to weaken peter so that he didnt end the season in five minutes and now that the writers gave him this new abilty they need to stick with their decision so that they dont get anymore complaints from the audience. also the same thing occurred with sylar. the writers needed to add mental obstacles to him so that he would have a difficult time functioning properly. With characters like peter, sylar, and hiro the writers have always needed to put obstacles in the character'spath so that their stories stay climactic and interesting, that way they dont just save the world within half an hour. whatinterests me the most now, however, is what they're going to do with Sylar's character. He's aHero now and he has full control of his powers, just like Hiro. It makes me wonder what's going to happen next.

a_noob_is_rokz

[6]Feb 28, 2010
    thetruesora wrote:
    he only properly became able to beat Sylar AFTER he was changed to having one ability at a time.
    THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who realized this. His record against Sylar with his powers is 1 win, 2 ties, and 2 losses (and that's counting Nikki saving his sorry ass in Kirby Plaza as a tie). His record without (all of) his powers is 2 win, 0 ties and 0 losses. Furthermore, his only victory over Sylar with his powers occurred while Sylar was a hero. Good job, Strong!Peter!

MoeLester518

[7]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 7
    While i do believe peters powers should evolve, it just can't be as strong as his old power. I think a good in-between would be that all the people he has close emotional ties to, like his mother, claire, and nathan/sylar, he always has their ability; while also retaining the ability to copy one extra power.

Saiyan_God_Max

[8]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 3

if they change peters powers back, there will be 10 or 20 threads about them taking them away again/ they should have let it at 1. What they need to do is have petes power evolve into what sylars is now. Have him have to knowingly absorb powers/ keeping as many as he wants. That should make everyone happy.

Edited on 03/06/2010 10:11am

I_AM_DH

[9]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 3

When will people get it through their heads Peter will never EVER get back his old ones. It will never happen as there is no promise that there will be any more Heroes..

scatha_guardian

[10]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 35
    I do believe there will be at least ONE more season of Heroes...if nothing else, to tie up loose ends.

As far as Peter, I think he is still coming into his powers in someways. As a empath, he has yet to learn HOW to use it. Peter is too emotional to deal with his power, the power rules him. That is what could be used in episodes. They spent a long time in season 1 with Peter pushing himself to fly. They need to use something like that for Peter to develop his power NOW.

bigtimer79

[11]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 1

Here's my guess. His body took in too many powers at one time which in which he wasn't able to control. After he lost his memories, he of course wasn't aware of his powers. I think his body still has all of the powers he has gained but he just doesn't know how to use one while he has the other like he use to before the explosion. Later, he probably learns to control his ability (which is to take others powers) which he hasn't mastered yet. According to what happened to him in the future, where he had all of those powers, he probably learned over time how to control his ability. Or maybe that was a false future because so much has been altered with.

thetruesora

[12]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 22
    none of the futures shown will be the future that happens (atleast not exactly the same). It doesn't matter there was futures where Peter still had lots of powers. After he met with his dad in Volume 3, Arthur used his power to take all of Peter's powers and make him "normal".

Erekle_var

[13]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 5

many people said it here, that peter should not get back his old powers because he was too strong etc.

yes damn that's correct but if there is only one season left just think about it:

peter with all his strength

and sylar with all his powers too

like good old times because in season one away from many reasons there was one thing that was much more important then any of this

Peter and Sylar! they made heroes one of the best shows !

now I'll tell you the best series ending:

give peter all his powers back

make thing like a fight between sylar and peter or maybe sylar peter VS someone too strong

like here was said, peter was always stopped , could'nt contol it, had lost memory etc. make that guy not to stop

make sylar not to stop

make a fight of century

two unstoppable guyz fighting with all their powers

cities destroying, buildings falling apart and of course head of it Peter and Sylar it would be the best and the most epic series ending

like a non-stop damn cool fighting! you wanna save this series? damn make it! give us all answers and make us one season after which we'll say: damn, this series is good!

cactusjack39

[14]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 30

Obviously, with the show's future rather uncertain, and most likely doubtful, it is hard to say if he were to get his back. But, if the show were planning on giving him all of his back, then I hope there isn't anymore of the show.

alyssa01

[15]Apr 22, 2010
    • level: 15

Peter can't get his powers back because he lost them to Arthur, The power he has now he got the same way as Ando got his, with the injection Suresh made, it was stated that the person injected could get any power but that it was likely to be one compatible to their physiology so Peter got a power similar to his previous one because of this but it is different, as shown in the way he absorbs powers now before he just had to be around someone now he requires contact and there is a visible transference.

The ability he has now isn't a broken version of his old one but and entirely different one. Also changed is the way he retains them.

Contrary to what some people have said he can retain more than one ability at a time but he is only able to channel one persons abilty becouse when he touched Sylar he had Sylar's multiple abilities.

KingofIPirates

[16]Apr 22, 2010
    • level: 32
    alyssa01 wrote:

Contrary to what some people have said he can retain more than one ability at a time but he is only able to channel one persons abilty becouse when he touched Sylar he had Sylar's multiple abilities.
    No actual proof he had Sylar's multiple abilities because each time he touched him he was only shown using just one of his abilities.

a_noob_is_rokz

[17]Apr 23, 2010
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    alyssa01 wrote:

No actual proof he had Sylar's multiple abilities because each time he touched him he was only shown using just one of his abilities.
    Yes, but I refuse to believe that Sylar was unable to kill a shapeshifter and a flier in AIT.

hueyf

[18]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 6

They should go back to the drawing board and find a way to give peter all of his powers back. I think thats when heros started to fail, when his father took away his powers. Hes still my favorite character without all of his powers