Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Where Did Heroes Fail?

DanielRichards0

[21]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 7

the biggest mistake was that Hiro never got the sword and became the badass future Hiro that we saw at the beginning, and instead they gave him a brain tumor.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

omegakai

[22]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 6

a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    I think pretty much everyone will agree that mid-Volume 2 was when things went downhill. But for me the point of no return was the beginning of Volume 3. That was the point at which the writers decided to disregard the characters' lives outside of their powers and it really took away from the show. While Volume 3 had a plethora of other problems (plot holes galore, poor characterization, choice that can best be described as retarded, everything related to Peter, the overemphasis of Sylar, etc.) that problem was the biggest for me.

I'll say the same thing at the start of volume 3 they pretty much should have taken a break and do some major re-writes the focus of sylar being a confused son just became to retarded the taking away of people powers and killing off of so many characters that could have helped build a better story. For me if they do bring this back it should be a alternate reality version extended as a continue of volume 2

omegakai

[23]Jul 31, 2010

DanielRichards0 wrote:

the biggest mistake was that Hiro never got the sword and became the badass future Hiro that we saw at the beginning, and instead they gave him a brain tumor.

Kinda true too. All he ever did was make things worst from season 2 on

DanielRichards0

[24]Aug 1, 2010

another big mistake was copying THE 4400 and coming up with a serum to give normal people abilities. honestly the whole concept just started feeling to much like the 4400 meets x-men next generation.

DanielRichards0

[25]Aug 1, 2010

And for the love of Christ, Hiro and Ando know f*cking english and they had them talking japanese so much I had to rewind and replay scenes pausing constantly just to READ what they are saying. I don't know about anyone else but sure as sh*t don't turn on the tv to read I turn it on to watch.

KingofIPirates

[26]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Eh, I'm used to watching subtitles in japanese anime so that didn't bother me.

maryshine

[27]Aug 3, 2010
    • level: 9

Wait, they thought about making Sylar's father the big bad for season 3? Why the hell didn't they go through with it????

doffy90

[28]Aug 3, 2010
    • level: 1

For me, the show ended after the disastrous shortening of season 2. It had potential, but the end was just horrible in my opinion; the character was never given the chance to do what the writers intended to do, at least that's what I think. I unlike most people liked the first portion of season 2, it's mostly vice versa in most cases. Season 1 was also slow to begin with and I was wondering "omg what am I watching" but then it picked up as the season progressed.

As for as the characters go, I don't believe any of them failed the show, I just think the writers did a lousy job of giving them a good story. Suresh should have just been dead after the first volume of season 4. Claire, like most say, complained a lot. First it's "I wanna do something good" for about 3 1/2 seasons, then its "omg I wanna be normal" for half a season. Niki and the triplets, meh, I liked Niki, not a fan of the other one, but I accepted her as a part of the series. However in 2nd half of season 4 I wished they would have used the last triplet. Nathan, oh god, I can't even begin to say how much I hate him after season 3. Back and forth, good, bad, good, bad. I could write a lot more but I wont.

AlbinoMonkeyRat

[29]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 2

Heroes failed (for me) with the whole carnival thing. I might have missed ONE episode that explained what it was about, but they never revisited it, and it was confusing for the duration of the series thereafter. the storyline following Hiro was compelling enough for me to continue watching, (as I missed My Name Is Earl) but the rest of the show was too caught up in the carnival thing.

saraVaio

[30]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 9

I think vol.3 was total garbage it made no sense . I can't believe how did NBC gave the show a chance to return after VOL.3 omg it was total bullcrap .

first of all the whole storyline went downhill , so many characters died/lost their power in weak/lame way . so many twisted nonsense stuff was in vol.3 . there was some scenes that didn't make any sense to me , there was times where i nearly was gonna vomit because of the lameness . seriously what were the writers thinking ???

oh yeah making Mohiner turned into a bug was so lame too it reminded me of the movie ( the fly) it was exactly like that movie .

Vol.4 was ok it's was better than vol.3 but I feel vol.4 was like a after math of what happened in vol.3

My favorites are Vol.1 cause it had such good quality and it introduce us to the characters , and the story made sense to me . Vol.2 was my favorite too I loved some of the new characters Adam Monro (David Andres) and (Kristen bell) character were really good characters and I loved em . I loved Hiro's saga in Japan in the past I hoped it would last for longer lol . I loved Vol.5 too , Samuel (Robert) and Joseph are really good characters and the actors were really good in my opinion . also I loved the Carnival theme and I hoped the story could move on and evolve but too bad the show ended =(

I wanted to see the Future Volume where we can see Hiro with sword , Peter with the scar . I liked that episode and I hoped that we can see a season where the story evolve into that future .

I think the failure was Vol.3 and also I hated the fact that characters lose their abilities too many times and the reason is weak . I mean I'm with the idea of the characters to have ups and downs , but it better has a good explanation and it better be in good way . abusing the character too much with losing abilities , dieing and being revived over and over again ,it makes the show look lame

I was so pissed to let peter lose his abilities , giving Hiro brain tumor , making sylar Nathan wtf !! , Ali returns as Stacy !! I loved the character but it shouldn't be portrayed by the same actress -,-.

I was also pissed that they killed some of good characters like Adam Monro , Joseph and Kirsten Bell , while they let another annoying characters stay alive .

Edited on 08/05/2010 7:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Just_Jos

[31]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 11

The show started getting lame when writers put more emphasis on Sylar (especially in season 3). I never like him simply because he killed off so many great characters in season 1. Also, When Nathan wanted to eliminate all the people with special abilities, when he is one of them and how Claire was the only one that was safe, C'Mon. That was a dumb storyline from the get-go. All in all, Season 3 was definitely the worst season, IMO.

CJJohanson

[32]Oct 10, 2010

Personally, I think if they decided to stay on their path and continued from the Volume 2: Generations to Volume 3: Exodus, the original volume 3, then everything would have been fine. Sylar should have stayed dead in V1 and Adam should have stayed the villan the entire second series. If I recall correctly it was going to be Generations, Exodus, and than Villains. It would have been an awesome culmination of events, but some fans were to impatient to wait for the action to come and the crew changed course. And here we are today.

AgataAndrzejak

[33]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 3

For me the worst part was the part where Nathan died. Loved him. Very much!;p

Bytor65

[34]Oct 13, 2010

They went over the top. The first season with origins was excellent.

But once they started going mental with the superpowers, time travel, shape shifting and bring people back from the dead, nothing had any meaning anymore, even death.

Kill a main character. Who cares? Because it might have been someone shape shifting, or use time travel to save them, or Claire's blood, or put them in Sylars head.... Gah!!!

jack756

[35]Oct 30, 2010
    • level: 14
    saraVaio wrote:

I think vol.3 was total garbage it made no sense . I can't believe how did NBC gave the show a chance to return after VOL.3 omg it was total bullcrap .

first of all the whole storyline went downhill , so many characters died/lost their power in weak/lame way . so many twisted nonsense stuff was in vol.3 . there was some scenes that didn't make any sense to me , there was times where i nearly was gonna vomit because of the lameness . seriously what were the writers thinking ???

oh yeah making Mohiner turned into a bug was so lame too it reminded me of the movie ( the fly) it was exactly like that movie .

Vol.4 was ok it's was better than vol.3 but I feel vol.4 was like a after math of what happened in vol.3

My favorites are Vol.1 cause it had such good quality and it introduce us to the characters , and the story made sense to me . Vol.2 was my favorite too I loved some of the new characters Adam Monro (David Andres) and (Kristen bell) character were really good characters and I loved em . I loved Hiro's saga in Japan in the past I hoped it would last for longer lol . I loved Vol.5 too , Samuel (Robert) and Joseph are really good characters and the actors were really good in my opinion . also I loved the Carnival theme and I hoped the story could move on and evolve but too bad the show ended =(

I wanted to see the Future Volume where we can see Hiro with sword , Peter with the scar . I liked that episode and I hoped that we can see a season where the story evolve into that future .

I think the failure was Vol.3 and also I hated the fact that characters lose their abilities too many times and the reason is weak . I mean I'm with the idea of the characters to have ups and downs , but it better has a good explanation and it better be in good way . abusing the character too much with losing abilities , dieing and being revived over and over again ,it makes the show look lame

I was so pissed to let peter lose his abilities , giving Hiro brain tumor , making sylar Nathan wtf !! , Ali returns as Stacy !! I loved the character but it shouldn't be portrayed by the same actress -,-.

I was also pissed that they killed some of good characters like Adam Monro , Joseph and Kirsten Bell , while they let another annoying characters stay alive .

agreed

qachee

[36]Nov 6, 2010
    For me it ended after season 2.. it became very predictable.. sylar getting thrashed and depressed and then mysteriously learns something new and becomes stronger than all but gets defeated by "nobodies" and cycle would repeat....
    also what was the point of making Peter so powerful when for 99% of the show he couldn't use any of his powers.................................

aris224

[37]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 1
    For me the show started going downhill in Season 3.

First off, let me say that I don't get why ppl dislike Season 2..! I liked it a lot! I loved the plot where the main villain of the present was a nemesis of Hiro from almost 400 years ago! Also David Anders (Kensei/Monroe) is a very nice character. And the S2 had many more good moments, ppl mastering their abilities and using them at will (like Matt, Hiro, Nathan and more). Peter losing his memory was annoying, I admit, but his storyline was cool and when he regained his memory, he was so badass being able to use all his abilities properly, he had so much potential! So Season 2 was great for me, lets get to Season 3....

Oh well, what to say here... Had some good moments but the writers never managed to give it meaning.. And the 2nd half with the specials being round up by Nathan(!!) was stupid from the start... Still, I liked Sylar finally getting Claire's power, though the whole working-with-Noah thing wasn't very good.. Then we get to the episode "Dying of the Light", which is a brilliant episode that started ruining the series... Peter losing his powers was a HUGE BLOW, the show never recovered from in my opinion. Besides being lame in itself, after this we knew Sylar would NEVER again have an alter ego/ a rival, so another power-down of Sylar would be necessary (as it indeed happened in the finale of Season 3)... And a camp in the 60's, where specials had been rounded up?? So obviously the government knew about them...?...

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT:

So many mistakes here...............

PETER:
    The most powerful of them all, had so many powers he was practically a God. As someone nicely pointed above, WHY make him have so many powers, if we so rarely get to see him use them (for various reasons)..??

SYLAR:
    Awesome villain, AMAZING work by Quinto here. Still you take a monster and turn it into a lamb..?? In this case we get to see him use his powers, but the super clash with Peter, which we all wanted pretty much never came..............

HIRO:
    He had the coolest power after Peter and Sylar, but again he is always sidetracked for some reason... Just when he masters his powers in Season 2 and finally starts acting like a man in charge, he has them taken away in Season 3, made to think he's 10years old, given a brain tumor........

CLAIRE:
    Good looking, but annoying brat from beginning to end....

NATHAN:
    Seriously, they made him start imprisoning ppl with abilities(like him!) OUT OF THE BLUE........!! And then killed him off lol

MATT:
    He well handled I believe.

All in all, Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 was very good, Season 3 was crazy (i a bad way) and Season 4 started promising but failed in the long run.. When you thought something would happen and the fight would begin, NOTHING happened and even the last fight was pretty lame... And the fact of so many specials showing up wasn't nice.. They are supposed to be very few in number all living among us.. The carnival took that away. Still, way better than Season 3.

I blame Season 3 for the downfall and of course the writers!

CrazyBarry

[38]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 10
    The show failed in the season 1 finale, i think. Hiro in fuedal japan? 4 characters near death, only for the smallest one to actually die? No real fight? Where was the logic in Nathan jumping in? Why weren't people where they were supposed to be, as described in five years gone? HOW THE F*** DID SYLAR SURVIVE BEING STABBED IN THE HEART?!?! etc etc

My answer for the shows failure definately lies in the season 1 finale.

jetfan4life

[39]Nov 26, 2010

The first season to me seemed like an origins story. It explained how all the characters came to learn their powers, and meet the other heroes. All of the stories of the first season culminated into an ending which saw most of the characters interact during the final episode. Then the show fell apart in season 2.

What season 1 did so well was provide a back story for each character, and got viewers interested in these characters. Season 2 had the luxury of having all of the characters introduced, and could have jumped right into a new villain storyline. However, the second season was basically another season of introducing characters and sometimes focusing on re-introducing the same character (due to Peter's memory loss and Ali Larter playing triplets.) For me, it was the first few episodes of season 2 where I realized this show had lost it's way.

Jimmyboyt

[40]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 8

Here's one of the things where it went wrong what happened to this chick I mean they just sweep her under the rug look around and walk away, then start pretending nothing happened...that's just wrong man, imo one of the many things that went wrong with the writing