Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Would it have been better if the cast changed every season?

[1]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 7

People were complaining that there was no innovation orcreativityafter the first season, so would it have been better to change the cast every season? New powers, new faces, new stories etc to keep viewers interested?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Feb 26, 2011
    • level: 10

I think they would run out of new powers really fast. They shoukd have cut some dead weight characters like Mohinder.

[3]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 11
    I think it was a difficult situation for them tbh. The cast of season 1 was so well-received. I mean, I'm sure 90% of the viewers wanted to see more of them, I know I certainly did!

If they had brought a brand new cast in for season 2, I think a lot of people (such as me) would've complained. Looking back now, perhaps it would've worked out better in the end, but I don't think we knew that at the time.

I personally think they should've had a completely new main cast, but kept the season 1 cast as recurring characters, so to speak. I think that could've been good, and it would've got all the season 1 fans excited whenever one of their favourite characters were going to appear in a future episode. It might've been a good comprimise between what the original plans of the writers was, and what the public wanted.

Although at the time, I did agree with what the writers did, keeping most of the season 1 cast, and having a few new characters added. I did enjoy season 2 though. Especially the last 5 episodes. They were fantastic!