Heroes

Heroes: Countdown to the Premiere

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 22, 2008 on NBC

7.3
  • Review

Heroes needs to learn how to do clip shows. This was a pretty poor clip show and anyone that had never watched the show before was likely very disspaointed. They needed to dedicate the entire hour to just review instead of giving us sneak peeks of the upcoming season. Those are all well and good, for the internet, but some of the people I was watching it with just didnt like seeing what was coming consdiring the show was only a couple of minutes away from starting. The red carpet thing was kind of whatever to me. Overall, I was watching the show with about 30 people so the clip show was basically "Talk about everything that has happened" show.
  • Mature Cheddar

This was the cheesiest thing ever, LMAO. I'm watching from the UK as well so the countdown isn't exactly accurate as I saw this on Friday and Season 3 doesn't start till Wednesday. This programme is basically a catch-up show with no new or really relavant information. They've basically done a Nintendo and aimed it at mainly non-converts.

The shows presentation is smothered in Cheese and you can't help but laugh at it. The voiceover man I'm sure he does the voiceover for those trailers online where they turn a horror movie into a romcom. With lines like 'Meet Nathan. He's just been shot, but we'll get back to that later'- what!, lol.

Thankfully it was followed by Heroes Unmasked the BBC's own show which gave us some information. In particular I liked finding out about the sudden choice the Strike brought on to completely change the direction.

For what it is this is a heck of a good laugh its just a shame it was also completely pointless.
  • A great remainder and a great look into the new season!

I loved the countdown! It was just great . . . Those clips reminded me of everything so with watching them I was prepared for the new season. The sneak peaks looked great, I love them! It was great that the actors were some kind of TV hosts, they are really great at it. And it shocked me when I found out that Sylar was kept in Level 2 in the first season because what are those from the level 5 like?? :) The comments in the clips were great and funny, especially on the last clip "Who shot Nathan Petrelli?". I loved it! :)
  • I wish I was there at the Heroes Premiere

Normally, I do not write about premieres, but since this is about my favorite T.V. show, Heroes, I felt compelled to do so. When I saw the audience reaction to seeing Heroes it really blew my mind. The last time I saw that type of hysteria was when The Beatles landed. It was totally amazing. I wish I could have been there to see the actors and possibly share their hands. I loved the way they recapped the first two seasons and gave us a little peek at season three. Just enough to keep us interested. Sitting there watching the T.V. I kept a very close eye on the countdown clock to the side. How many more minutes left? Let's see, okay, forty-five more minutes until the season premiere. I liked the way they showed how the did the special effects in the series and getting the people once again caught up in the Heroes frenzy. I can imagine the party that was going on inside. I wonder if next season (and I am very confident there will be a season 4) if they are going to have another Heroes premiere? One can tell just by listening to the actors and Tim Kring that this is just the tip of the iceberg. We are going to be treated to many more twists and turns as time passes.
  • This episode was a great recap episode...

Ok so this recap episode was a bit silly I mean you can tell it's all fake haha but it still gave me a refresh on what has happened so far and on what is to come. It was pretty funny seeing the cast they look so different as people than as characters off the show. This episode was aired in the UK a few nights before the premire so th countdown seemed pretty funny. Still I cant wait for this season its going to be amazing fast paced action packed and...gotta think what else oh and did I mention amazing. I have seen some reviews of the premiere I hate the way people rate this show its so much better than most show s on TV. It is entertaining and isnt that what TV is meant to be entertaining.
  • Not too bad...

This "episode" wasn't the worst thing that ever occured. For a clip show, it wasn't too great for those who have watched the past two seasons of the show, but for those who are new to the show it must've shed some light on such a complex show as Heroes. The red carpet idea wasn't my favorite, but seeing those clips for the season was great (I don't think most "Heroes" fans look those up on the internet, like me). Still, overall, I think if this clip show was shortened to half an hour of just reviewing the past two seasons, and then the two hour premiere took place, it might've attracted more viewers.
  • This was an interesting way to give us a little bit of a review of what had been going on before, but it also gave us some insight into what might happen in the new season.

This was an interesting way to give us a little bit of a review of what had been going on before, but it also gave us some insight into what might happen in the new season. It was an interesting watch, and it definitely got me pumped for the new season, but it was really annoying when everyone kept saying the new series was only minutes away. I just kept wondering why they didn't have a countdown or say exactly how many minutes. Even though I watched this episode much later then when it first aired, I was still a bit annoyed by the minute's away thing. If I had been watched it when it originally aired, I think it would have been a lot more annoying then. Overall this was an okay episode, I think it would have been better if they gave us more of a review of past episodes and less talking about nothing, but it was still watchable and entertaining.
  • lol

• pre-game show

the last new episode of "heroes" aired last December, I told you in my last review of the series that they will be back and it come back in a way. NBC is devoted to a whole evening of "Heroes" fun and that's where the pre-game comes in. what I saw is a the cast of heroes and a group of fans in the background. sounds a little like a football game. But it's not. it's the offical warn up to the start of the third season. something that I've been waiting nine months to see. "Heroes" is back and better than ever.
  • Is this what is in store for us this season?

I am kind of speechless after last night's episode. It was definatly a let down which can be seen by the 25% drop in viewers. It was such a disappointment, I actually checked the listings to see if I was watching the wrong episode.

In an attempt to bring in new watchers they lost many of the long time dedicated fans. After the second set of commercials, I changed the channel and found something entertaining to watch.

The writers have to be kicking themselves for screwing up such a great show. If they are not kicking themselves, they should be. ha.