Heroes

Hiros

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 23, 2006 on NBC

• Hiros is an exciting episode that will help you admire this series, the writers, and characters even more. We need to save the cheerleader, so she can help us save the world! NOW HURRY!

The more I watch Heroes the more I come to admire it. While I still find it very much like Surface, which I loved, Heroes has some very positive facets.

First the story line seems to be a story line within a large story line. By this I mean the current story line of "save the cheerleader and save the world," is but a smaller plot within a much larger one.

As I watch these episodes more and more I see a future "X-Men" type series beginning. What we are watching is book one, where our heroes learn about their powers, meet each other, and accomplish their first save. By saving the Cheerleader, they learn about their first over all enemy.

I figure the Cheerleader is necessary in order to stop the destruction of New York City. Simply saving the Cheerleader doesn't save the world.

Once they save the world (well, New York City and maybe stopping another Middle East invasion, etc) they will have other adventures (e.g. books).

We might see two complete books (adventures) this season and the start of adventure / book three as a cliff hanger. This gives us great and wonderful possibilities plus allows viewers to enjoy an in-depth story line instead of having to wrap everything up in an hour.

While Heroes has many other series to thank, one of them is Babylon 5 for proving a long story arc can make money.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show heroes matt decides to use his abilties to help his marriage that is introuble and so hiro who is down and out in vegas must figure out away for help and he meets another hero who is the congress man peters brother and peter must figour out away to get the message to someone and clarir is telling her father what she has been going to the last few days this was a good ep i thougt and it was very interesting and that is why i gave it what i gave it a 9
  • Hiro and Ando take seperate ways after a fight between them. Niki returns home to find out that her husband DL is closer than she thinks. Matt uses his ability to save his marriage while Peter and Isaac try to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

The fifth chapter is more captivating than ever. Claire's father shows a darker side which is most convincing (I found it inspiring and it provides a better insight into what is in store for the rest of the series and the mysterious father of Claire). I love how the characters seem to interact more and more with each chapter (in this one the big highlights are Hiro and Nathan - a quite funny scene- and Peter and Isaac - which provides a very cool way into seeing some more of Peter's awesome power and the best is yet to come).
    DL (Leonard Roberts makes his debut in this episode - although he had scenes in the unaired pilot) Niki's husband and a very important character that will drive Niki's story throughout the rest of the volume. His ability is currently unknown although some hints are given in this episode.
    The most mysterious character however is that of The Haitian (who appeared in chapter 3:One giant leap). His mystery will be revealed in this volume and in the third volume but until this point (after four volumes) his name is still a mystery.
    Finally the first and the final scene are breath taking in the sense that will give you the thrills (especially the cliffhanger).
  • Peter works with Isaac to decrypt Future Hiro's message and Nathan has weird encounters in Vegas.

While Linderman wanted blackmail material on Nathan, Mr Bennet takes the opportunity to grab Nathan who somehow manages to fly away with the Haitian standing right there! Why couldn't he neutralize Nathan's powers like he can with everyone else? Either Nathan's been practicing on the sly or he's a natural, he took off like he's been doing it all his life. This leads to a delightful encounter with Hiro (who from this point on refers to Nathan as 'flying man') and Nathan gives Hiro a lift back to Vegas. The encounter with Hiro shows a more normal, pleasant side to Nathan. I certainly wouldn't have taken Hiro with me!

Matt returns home with no memory of the missing time and then abuses his powers when he discovers he can hear his wife's thoughts and uses them to help his marriage.

Brody has amnesia, thanks to our Haitian friend, and when Claire vents her feelings to a baffled Brody, one can only hope that he will use his fresh start well. Given his history, I doubt it. Rapists don't just stop without intervention.

Peter goes alone back to Isaac and tells him about the 'save the cheerleader' bit and Isaac's paintings seem to tell a story, as if from a comic book. Isaac may not be able to use his gift while he's off the drugs, Peter (who immediately absorbs his gift) can and does.

Some lovely scenes with Nathan and Hiro and important stuff with Peter and the 'save the cheerleader' storyline. Good.
  • Nakamura/Petrelli

Hiro decide hacerse cargo de esta serie y amenaza con convertirse en uno de esos personajes imprescindibles en la vida de uno. Peter se le va uniendo en poder de relevancia y lo secunda magistralmente en el intento por salvar a un mundo que todavía no tiene idea de que está en grave peligro. La verdad me alegra tanto ver que esta serie está tan lejos de ser (como pensaba) una simple historia de gente con superpoderes. Solidísima (sic) historia, no deja de sorprenderme.
    Que placer me da verla!!!

Heroes, Season 1, Episode 5, Hiros: 9,0.

El placer de saber el futuro: no voy a poder despegarme de esta serie.
  • Very, very exciting.

Claire recovers at an extremely fast pace in the hospital, but her dad has a nice little chat with the quarterback who atttempted to rape her. The next day, he forgets his own name, Brody. Nikki meets up with Nathan again and apologizes for having the "incident", but then when she gets back home, the cops tell her that her husband D.L. is on the loose, and she doesn't realize how close he is to her... Hiro met Nathan, which was funny, and his friend Ando meets Nikki, and after she tells him go home, Ando and Hiro reconnect. Hiro calls Peter, and Peter says he has a message for him.. anyways, it was a perfect episode.
  • Amazing episode

This episode was amazing it continues straight after the cliffhanger from "Collision" with future Hiro, that was so mind blowing and in this episode "Hiros" we first hear the great catchphrase "Save the cheerleader, save the world". Well agian this episode had everthing questions, answers, action, comedy it was one of my favourites and the ending was another awesome cliffhanger with Peter, Hiro and Ando. This show just kept going on strength to strength. Ando was very funny when he came into Nikis house and Hiro and Nathan had some great scenes together "Flying man". This show is just one of the most entertaining shows ever.
  • "Oh! Waffles! Woo hoo!"

At "Future Hiro's" urging, Peter and Isaac come together and begin to formulate a plan. Nathan escapes from Mr. Bennet, meets Hiro, and realizes he's been blackmailed. While Claire recovers from the car accident unscathed as always, when her father becomes involved Brody isn't as fortunate. Matt uses his powers to give his wife a perfect day, but is later overwhelmed by them. Hiro and Ando realize they will need each other to complete their mission. Just when Niki is finally free of her debt to Mr. Linderman, a new menace crops up: her estranged husband, D.L. I found it amusing when Nathan flew away from Bennet and the Haitian and when Peter draw a painting of the future!
  • "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World." A fantastic episode that sets things up for the rest of the season.

The future Hiro gives Peter the message, "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World." It is the start of the best episode arc in the series. I loved this episode because it gives us vital information about our cast of characters. We learn about the friendship between Ando and Hiro. We learn about the difficulties between Matt and his wife. We learn about the hardship of DL and Niki's marriage. All this is interwoven with the "Save the Cheerleader" arc. It is fantastically done and has great watchability. This is were the series takes off and I can pinpoint this episode as the one where I got hooked.
  • Good Episode, but not my favourite

Confused after losing track of another block of time, Niki finds the police on her doorstep, searching for her fugitive husband D.L. Hawkins. Claire confesses to her father. Hiro and his friend get jumped by some Vegas high-rollers. Peter receives a life-changing message from an unlikely source. Meanwhile, Matt secretly uses his mind-reading ability to anticipate his wifes needs. Dismayed by recent events, Suresh makes plans to return to India to lay both his fathers remains and his research to rest. Ok everyone like this episode except me, it was good but something was differnet about it. I dont know maybe its just me? Dont get me wrong I love this series but this episode strangely didnt do it for me. Oh and I really dont get Nikki, she seems to have a good character being a single mother and about her husband but I cant fugure out her power, and what it does or what it can and cant do?
  • The show that keeps on getting better has done it again.

The show that keeps on getting better has done it again. This episode was more of an informational one then the others, and I loved it as much as any other episode. The way that people are portrayed on this show is pretty realistic, and even the so called "bad guy" seems to be human in most aspects. I thought this episode was very well laid out, and I loved how they developed more of the characters. I think that the narrator that talks for this show's beginnings and ends is pretty amazing at making what he says smart and to the point. Not only that but he voices his lines so well, it really adds a layer to this great show. The only thing I want to see now is how good this show can get, and I believe it will only get better. The episode had some more questions, and not very many answers, but you can't expect all the answers right in the first few episodes, I look forward to watching this show until the end.
  • "Oh! Waffles! Woo hoo!" - Hiro Nakamura

Matt uses his abilities to help his marriage. Niki, distraught over another blackout, arrives home to learn that her husband, D.L., has escaped from prison. Claire tells her father about some of the things she's been through lately. Down and out in Vegas, Hiro finally connects with another hero. Peter must figure out what to do with the mysterious message. This episode was another great installment of this instint classic Us tv series, the episode is a brilliant episode that reveals alot of the early mythology in the world of Heroes and I thought there was some funny momments from Hiro and Ando as usual.
  • The plot lines are starting to converge, as the tension ramps up with the introduction of a new character. Great pacing in this fast-moving episode.

In perhaps my favorite episode of this show so far, the writers waste no time in getting down to the core mythology. I expected the delivery of the now famous "Save the cheerleader, save the world" line to be a lot cornier than it actually turned out. Heroes really hit its stride with this episode- the pacing is incredible, and all of the major characters get their arcs advanced. Isaac and Peter's meeting is fateful. And even better, there is also almost no Mohinder in this one! On the implausibility front, I find it hard to believe that Mr. Bennett was able to be in Brody's room that long without a nurse or somebody noticing him (let alone the imposing-looking Haitian). And, c'mon, NOBODY but Hiro saw Petrelli land at the diner? Still, this was a great installment.
  • They really had the excitement...

Maybe so far it has been a long introduction with some action, but this episode really gives the mark where the action starts - when so far the story has given us idea who those special people are, how they live, about their abilities then now they are making their moves, meeting each other not always knowing who the other is.

I adored the way this episode was build, the way they started with intrigue and the end the end was even more - the end really show they are making their moves. And I adore the way it sounds: to save the world, they have to save a cheerleader. irony :D
  • Pretty good!

Niki learns that her husband, D.L., has escaped from jail. Matt uses his powers to save his marriage and passes out at a store. Peter hears from future Hiro that the cheerleader must be saved in order to save the world. Peter goes to see Isaac and finishes a painting by using his powers. Claire confesses to her dad about what happened. He has the mysterious man take away Brody's memory. Hiro meets Nathan. Niki doesn't recall anything she did while her alter ego took over.

This was a pretty good episode! "Save the cheerleader, save the world!" That sounds so dumb, but I want to know why Claire must be saved. I really don't like Claire's dad. This episode gets a 9.5 out of 10!
  • Keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The multiple story lines are condensing further and further as the series continues, making all sorts of ends meet. Even more 'special' individuals are brought to our attention and powers are made clear. Although the condensation makes many of the events easier to predict, some aspects still come wild out of left field. This is the point in a series where it would tend to lose a lot of its steam, but I'm happy to find that Heroes has not. The beauty about a series such as this is that one can be left hanging on several different levels. A downside would be that the viewer doesn't care about the other story lines, but that is not the case in Heroes. Every story has its own draw, keeping the audience attached to the screen, waiting for the next installment.
  • Probably, the best episode of the first part of the first season.

This episode felt really solid. It was well written, the dialouge wasn't as corny as usual, there were a couple of revealations, some humor, and only a very few distractions.

But one of them is Niki Sanders and her pathetic family. And with them, the pathetic attempt to write family drama into a superhero drama. The writers have no idea how to do that, so I think, they should just drop it. (But they won't..)

Now, I really liked that the episode didn't build up to the ending, rather, the content was balanced, and we got the right amount of excitement throughout the whole episode.

Peter trying to find answers to what the message of Future Hiro might mean was great. More of his power is learnt as he manages to absorb Isaac's power, and manages to paint a painting of Claire, who appears to be the cheerleader that needs saving.

Nathan meeting up with Hiro was great, pretty humorous. Nathan flying away was PLAIN COOL. We need more of that. Overall, this episode managed to impress me, which is not very usual with Heroes. It was a great package, even the ending: Hiro finally made contact with Peter.
  • Review

Another really good episode, but nothing that I can give the "10/10" rating to just yet. Matts powers seem so far off base with everyone elses, but I think that is what makes his storyline fun to watch. I remember Weiss in Alias, I think Grunberg plays this part really well too. Everyone else has been invovled somehow to the eventually destruction of New York City, but Matt is so far away from any of that right now, simply using his power to get ahead and save his marriage rather then trying to help the doom that is to come. Im sure it will come soon enough and be connected with the rest of them, HRG has allready showed up. I'm sure that eventually he will meet up with the rest of our Heroes, but right now he is certainly on the outside looking in. The fact that Claires fathers freind can take away peoples memories is really kind of cool. There still hasnt been too big of a showdown, or a better word - fights, in this show but I think the writers are doing a really good job in these early episodes of establishing characters and moving the story along to the "end" that is Novemeber 8th.
  • "...pretty good..."

***SPOILERS***Ok so this episode was pretty good. Claire wakes up in the hosptial going to icu but everything is ok w/ her cause she's invincible. The Indian guy gave up on helping Peter and he went to the Painters houe and saw all the paintings and talked about the cheerleader. He then sees an unfinished painting and is able to finish the painting by seeing what was left (like the painter guy). I was kinda confused here since he was the one who flew. Confusion. The police man stops someone from holding up a store and reconciles with his wife. Hiro finally makes contact with Peter.
  • Can this series get any better

Confused after losing track of another block of time, Niki finds the police on her doorstep, searching for her fugitive husband D.L. Hawkins Claire confesses to her father about her abilities. Hiro and his friend Ando get jumped by some Vegas high-rollers. Peter receives a life-changing message from an unlikely source. Meanwhile, Matt secretly uses his mind-reading ability to anticipate his wifes needs. Dismayed by recent events, Suresh makes plans to return to India to lay both his fathers remains and his research to rest. Another top episode, can this series get any better, I'm sure it can......
  • Vote early and often...

Heroes was very interesting tonight. We're finally starting to see how everyone is connected and again, we get the recurring theme of "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World." The flying and sonic boom was AWESOME! The one guy is like Rogue, only he doesn't have to touch people, nor does he suck their life away.

It was nice to see that the characters are connecting in one way or another. This is Heroes we are talking about.

The Petrelli brothers are awesome, especially Peter. He mimics the powers of others but he doesn't take them like Sylar does.

And the sonic boom? Wow!
  • Again, another well written show as the plot thickens.

It is wonderful watching as the plot unfolds and the various characters start to intertwine. It's like six degrees of separation as by the end everyone is most certainly connected by knowing someone who knows another. Nathan is becoming more and more evil and so is Claire's dad who by all accounts works for a government-type agency who is either trying to eradicate or protect the Heroes. Peter is still trying to find answers while Niki is simply trying to stay alive and keep her son close. Yet again another terrific episode with great twists and turns. A must see.
  • "Fry" Man!!!! Up Up and Away!!!

This was a very informative episode. We learn here that Nathan can really fly and the haitian can wipe out memories. Future Hiro is so different looking and has perfect english... In this episode another hero was able to do use their power in the presence of the haitian.... Nathan was able to fly to escape from Mr. Bennet and the haitian, but the haitian was right there when he flew.... so I still don't understand the haitian's powers.... Peter's eyes when he was finishing up the painting at Isaac's place were just very cool.... I wonder what is going to happen to the cheerleader.... So Peter now has Nathan's and Isaac's powers....
  • Very good episode.

This was yet another good episode of heroes. In this episode Matt uses his abilities to help his marriage in a number of different ways including reading his wife thoughts to stay on top of the conversations. Nikki also finally returns home but finds that her ex husband is waiting for her. Hiro meets up with one of our heroes Nathan and sees him fly. Also Claire bonds a little more with her father overall i really liked this episode. Especally where Peter tries to find out about the mysterious message. So yet again i am impressed with this episode. But the next episode is also good as well.
  • Hiro and Matt take the scene.........

Matt uses his abilities to help his marriage. Niki, distraught over another blackout, arrives home to learn that her husband, D.L., has escaped from prison. Claire tells her father about some of the things she's been through lately. Down and out in Vegas, Hiro finally connects with another hero. Peter must figure out what to do with the mysterious message. This was another wonderful episode. The creators of the show and the writers are very consistent.. you have to give them that. Hiro and Matt both had a lot of screen time this episode, though nothing really exciting happens with Matt until the very end. But it was fun to see him use his powers to make up with his wife. Hiro was fun to watch as usual. I liked his interactions with Nathan. I was also very excited Peter and Hiro talking. The group of heroes might join up to fight very soon. Nathan's character does tend to put me off a bit. He's a bit of a slimeball. But it was nice to see a bit of his good side too. The flying scene was awesome!

I'm so desperate to find out how this goes on. Isn't it just amazing how this show makes you hold your breath?
    Are Peter and Isaac gonna stop whatever might be happening to Claire? And is Claire's dad just protecting his daughter or is he up to something bigger even with her? Everyone well not everyone is saying that Claire's dad is evil or something! I hope that there are little clues by the way to help us figure it out!
  • Peter meets up with Isaac and gets some answers as to what he is supposed to do. Nathan and Hiro meet in a diner.

Peter develops his powers a bit more.. and this was great to watch. It was also nice to know that he has mostly figured out his ability and might develop his powers at a faster rate now. The scene where Claire's dad threatens the quarterback was awesome. It was very well played out.
  • This just gets better and better

Where is this programme going? It is by far the best thing on television. Nathan at last shows a bit of character, and the flying sequence? Superb!! Hiro is by far the best character and future Hiro looks amazing. Peter is becoming less of a wimp (at last) HRG is up to who knows what.I don't think he's bad as what he did for is daughter is what any father would do.

Give Suresh a power,he's earnt one. DL has appeared so who knows where that will go and Matt uses his power to good use on his wife.What man wouldn't!

I just get the feeling though that something amazing is around the corner. I hate that we are so far behind in the UK. I am still resisting the tempatation to download!!
  • This is so exciting...

And will Matt learn to control his powers? What is going to happen with Niki and her husband? I am so hoping that all those special people are going to meet soon. Let's start with Claire and the others when they save her from whatever may come. Gosh, I'm so excited. If someone would have told me this last night, I wouldn't have believed it. But Heroes got me hooked!
  • Thinks get very exciting

Peter comes face to face with Future Hiro who says he needs to find the cheerleader in order to save the world. And Mohinder thinks Peter is even more of a loon than before.
    Matt wakes up one his couch with out any memory of what Clairs dad and the otehr dude did to him and starts to use his abiblity to impress his wifes, but after a stopping by the grocery store things get avry
    And Nathan really can fly, wich Hiro sees and tells what he saw in the future.
    And Claire and Brody is rushed to the hospital but with her power she is unharmed while Brody has both arm and legs broken. She tells her dad what he did, but left out the part of her ending up in the morgue. So Dear old dad visit Brody with mystery dude och and says he's gonna give him a second chance. had no clue to what that meant until Claire came to talk to him. Mystery man apperantly erased all of Brody's memorys.
    Nathan finds out that Niki was blackmailed into sleeping with him and there is a videotape and blachmail the Lindermans henchwoman into giving him 4 million istead of 2, saying the 4 milllion will take him to the congress.
    Peter return to Issac and sees the paintings. And Peter get the wierd eyes Issac had in the previous episode adn paint one of the paintings that was unfinished.
    When he is done the phones rings, it Hiro calling again.
    And Peter tells him he has a messege for him

and a to be continued sign appear

So much happened in this episode it was ridiclious. Funniest moments was with Hiro and his must save the world thing. His interaction with Nathan was very good.
    Felt that the scenes with Matt and his wife was moslty fillers. Allthough the grecerystore scene was intense.
    This was an amazing episode and I loved every second of it
  • The best episode yet!

The first few episodes of Heroes were starting to get repetitive and were still finding their ground but this episode is terrific as the Heroes start meeting each other, some knowing of their powers and others just coincidentally passing each other.

The episode starting and ending with a message between Hiro and Peter was very cleverly written and it shows the Heroes plot start to unravel with "the cheerleader" being the key to saving the world and Peter using Isaac's ability.

Overall, with both character and plot development aswell as witnessing some very cool powers, especially flight, and this episode is definitely the best so far.
< 1 2 3