Heroes

Hysterical Blindness

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 12, 2009 on NBC

• That definitely had some unexpected twists. It isn't the kiss that's slowly pulling me back to Heroes, it's the plot lines. I have to admit, I so didn't see the invisible girl coming (pun intended). Nice touch!

Again, Heroes is continuing to amaze me this season. I hope they keep it up. Peter inadvertently gets Dazzler's powers but in a way sees and shows her the beauty of it. Then in a "dazzling" display we see with enough sound she can do damage. Didn't act like a laser with the room vibrating, more like an optic punch ala Cyclops.

The mysteries surrounding Claire are finally revealed. Turns out her new sorority rush chair is also working with the Carnival. I have to admit, I like that in a weird sort of way. It's more because it was unexpected and didn't see it coming. The flag, and book, and roommate all not accidents. Claire's insistence on there not initially being a note now rings true. Overall well done and relevant to the storyline. We'll have to wait around a little more to see how Dazzler plays out. And to address the kiss, it was a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. If that was done for ratings, it flopped. If it was done as part of the overall story, it was a success. Either way, I could take it or leave it.

Well, it seems now Peter will get Hiro's powers. So now we know where he went.

And finally Sylarr. I hate Sylar, I've hated his character since the beginning, wish he were dead and buried. That being said, his storyline was excellent. As things are slowly being put back together, Gabriel begins to see what he's made of but still doesn't know who he is. The final sequence, where he's accepted and the carnival disappears was brilliantly done, though predictable. I hope Sylar finds a home here, seems he would fit in well. What I hope doesn't happen is he gets his memory back then goes on a rampage slaying everyone and taking their powers. If that happens then that will tell me that the writers have learned nothing from the criticisms. Because, ultimately converting him back into a serial does a huge disservice to the show and the audience. It just makes him not a good villain, and someone who needs to be put down a hole and left there. I'd love to see him actually become part of the "family" and then you get a great Genosha/Magneto faction going. Only time will tell.