Heroes

Hysterical Blindness

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 12, 2009 on NBC

• It's been picking up, but I predicted some stupidity.

5.5
    Last season, they didn't seem to know what they wanted to do with Sylar. Villain, hero, something in between...it was all sorts of screwy. Now, they've added an interesting twist that could be quite interesting for him and the Petrelli family. Man, Peter ain't gonna like this.

Hiro is still a big draw for me. Don't know what to make of the "dying" shtick. Could be a plan for Masi Oka to leave and do other things. Whether Nakamura-san bites it or not, he could always come back. As a comic book reader, I'm all too used to it.

I like Peter. I like what they've done with him.

Now, onto the inane. Putting Claire, who's been fanboy visual jailbait from almost the start, in college led to the predictable, pedantic and plain pandering girl-girl kiss. "Oh, it's college, that's when girls 'experiment', it'll totally make sense." Sure. Whatever you gotta tell yourselves for letting Claire's portion of the episode be written by a thirteen year old boy, guys.

Honestly, I could live without Claire. As with Sylar, they don't seem to know what to do with her. Yet the tenacious villain still manages to be intriguing, unlike the former cheerleader. I think the young blonde has outlived her usefullness as a character.