Heroes

Hysterical Blindness

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 12, 2009 on NBC

• Lydia cautions Samuel against bringing in new members to their clan. Peter tries to connect with Emma, who wants nothing to do with him, and Sylar struggles to find the person he once was.

I'll agree with the other reviewers that this episode was better than all the ones from this season so far and better than any from the "Fugitives" volume which was an utter failure. However in the end it still shows signs that there's no rescuing "Heroes" from its inability to get anywhere near its S1 glory.

The Carnival Plot doesn't appear to be moving at all even with our guest from "Prison Break" in comparison to the S1 or "Villians" plot. So far it's barely above the "Fugitives" failure as it's slightly holding my curiosity interest.

The Claire & Gretchen scenes are mostly boring. The confrontation held no true tension and the kiss did nothing for this episode and I doubt much for "Heroes" overall despite the reported 200,000 extra sad viewers who would tune in for such pathetic nonsense.

The invisible girl from the Carnival is barely anything interesting but again since it's from the Carnival then there's something to ponder how they will work all this Carnival stuff in the end.

For me the new character Emma has been slightly cute and maybe heart grabbing (for those than can be tugged so easily) but for me it's mostly boring and so is her interaction with Peter. I wonder what they are going to do with this character. Do I smell a love interest to replace the previous one who was written off the show as easily as she was written in? The ability is an interesting one but I wonder what they can really do with this one.

Ahh the wonderful Sylar saga...having been freed from Nathan's old body (is he finally gone like or will he just be back via some nonsense explanation?). Nothing exciting at all as Sylar has to go yet again through his "I don't know who I am", needing to find out his abilities again, being guided by someone else for their own purpose, lost child, monster vs. misunderstood, etc. drama.

Unfortunately such is so played out and it's too bad they didn't leave him the bad, no mercy, dark (worthy of creating tension on the show) character that he was in S1. Ahh the glory days of the bad boogieman of the show Sylar of S1...it'll never be redone.