Heroes

Our Father

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 08, 2008 on NBC

• Meet the parents. Again.

So I've caught up with this show. Finally. It seems to be the new vogue to highlight that it's the new vogue to hate Heroes. To be honest, I can see why a lot of people have disliked what Season 3 has had on offer. A step up from season 2, but only in the sense that they are wrapping these rather bland and overly familiar storylines in shiny new special-effects.

To be fair, this is the kind of episode I've been waiting for. It's dramatic, without ever bordering on ridiculous. It's surprisingly touching in places and I particularly enjoyed Claire's little chat with her mom and Hiro's with his mother. I've always said it, but it's usually the quiet character moments this show pulls off so well and these are perfect examples.

There are certain things that don't fit very well with what we've come to know from this series, and some of the time-travel stuff sneaks onto the wrong side of headache-y ( there's never a good side, mind, but I'm making a point here). I didn't like the character tweaks with HRG, I thought they should have left it with the scenes with her mother. It just serves to undermine his development from previous seasons.

Sylar's reformation is welcomed, although I have to wonder how long it will last. His character has been yoyoing all over the place. It would be nice to have him S1 villainous again and perhaps end the season with his demise. Hie neuter, of sorts, last year and his rehabilitation this season just seemed so left fielded, I hope this is the writers trying to make amends. His scenes were undeniably hilarious, I've missed that.

There's a sense of reboot to the story. This super-soldier idea could work in the series' favour (let's hope they do better than the X-files and Sg1) and with characters shifting more or less back into their old positions, the rest of the season could turn out to be a dose of the old with a bit of a twist. I'm not asking for a replica of season one, I just hope the next volume carries a sense of direction like season 2, only without the mind numbing dullness.

Overall, a solid offering. It's far from perfect (I'm not even going to touch on the 9th Wonders issue) but story-lines have calmed down a bit and are moving at a watchable pace. After the disaster that was the Eclipse two-parter, this is a confident step in the right direction.
  • I think things are turning around for Heroes, In a good way.

Okay, so the Villians arc is coming to a close, and it looks to be pretty self contained. This episode was pivotal. I was really mad last episode when Elle died, but now I understand why they did it. Still :(. Sylar is evil as ever, and there were a couple of really good scenes in his plotline. Hiro and Claire back in time took up much of the episode, but there was some really good stuff in there. Sylar killing Arthur was a great pay-off. Now, for my predictions. Since the catalyst has been destroyed, I think the whole "army of superheroes" is going down the tubes, and I think Tracey will die. Surresh will heal himself and decide to stop trying to give people powers. Sylar will go after Angela and possibly kill her. Ando, Daphne and Matt will obviously have to rescue Hiro somehow.

A question I have about this episode is...where did Arthur send Claire to?
  • A better episode than last week

This episode had promise but was also very strange. Most of the scenes with Hiro and Claire in the past, (together and also with their respective parents) were interesting and revealing. But Hiro takes the catalyst and then Arthur Petrilli gets it...come on, give this guy a break. And now he's stuck in the past and his friends are on a quest to find him...this could be a very bad plotline.

Nathan, Tracy and Mohinder finally give an injection of the formula to someone and it appears to work, making him super strong. This is where the episode ended. So now Heroes has a very big task in front of them -- they have to answer/address all the issues raised by this.
    1) Tracy said they could decide who gets what ability. So how does that work? And did they choose to give this guy super strength?
    2) Mohinder had first appeared to have gained an ability, but then later he mutated. So they had better not just take this guy's display of strength at face value and not worry about the possibility of failure just because it was the formula+the catalyst that did it. That comes together too easily and is shoddy writing.

Sylar's storyline has gone up and down this season, but it appears that he at least had some fragment of an emotional connection with Elle, and at least he's doing what he's always done, although it was dumb that he walked around with blood all over him. Peter, however, is not very interesting in this storyline...he's too self-righteous and broody .. and yes, I'll say it, his scenes are boring without his abilities.

Ps: So the scenes in the future (previous episode) where Gabriel/Sylar told Peter they were brothers weren't real? Or is Sylar really Angela's son in some capacity? We shall see.
  • i thought this episode was really good, very thought out, and the scnes between Claire and Hiro were great really made me laugh one of my fave episodes!

I love this episode for so many reasons, mostly claire and hiro they were so funny together and hope hayden and masi have more scenes together in the next volume. i also liked the scenes Tracy and nathan, Tracy is really growing on me and Ali Larter is very pretty. But the paring between Tracy and Nathan is very cute evan though they do have there little spiffs like in every episode, but the would make a great couple. overall i think this episode has been one of the best and would have to say it is in my top 5 of season 3 and can't wait to see how they develop some of the ideas shown in this episodes!
  • Family Feuds and delving into the past lead to some inevitable deaths

This was a very entertaining episode and that's mostly thanks to the ever evolving character interaction and natural progression of story. To see Hiro's mother (even though you knew she would die fixing Hiro) was very emotional. The fact that the Catalyst was pretty much keeping her alive pins a lot on Hiro as causing her death and if they take the cheap route to character progression by having him pop up as future Hiro ,without power in the current timeline (hopefully unlikely), it could sort of fix his character devolution. Not saying I would want this but he has to evolve somehow and Ando (how sure is he that his injected power will be time travel!? Highly doubt it) saving him from the past would just not be satisfying. I'm actually quite happy that Hiro became the catalyst as initially if Claire hadn't figured out she was it I would have said Hiro was. It also saves Claire from dying as if Arthur had taken it from her along with her power she would most likely have died just like when the eclipse happened. Claire this episode was actually really good, now I have to admit this character's purpose and progression overall has done my head in since Season 2. She just became the whiney annoying teenager who wanted to fight. The caring side she shows here isn't half as annoying and to be honest meeting her family and her baby self in the past was actually a good move for once. As was her interaction with a non English speaking Hiro, who knew these 2 may make a good double act.

Sylar's search for the Human lie detector power was quite humorous and it's nice to see him back to himself even if he had to kill Elle (one of my favourite characters) to do so. I like the fact that it was actually a power he wanted to use for a purpose as well and the fact that there was a brilliant aside to celebrities losing their phones - all those important names and numbers. Petrelli he most definitely is not.

Ando & co searching for Issac Mendez's final issue is fun but obvious filler that reminds me of Hiro's scrolls in Season 2. I will say this though, it's nice to see more of the city outside with the courier guy trying to escape, I feel we have been stuck on sets and indoor locations far too much.

Lastly is Nathan & co as they interview potential soldiers for Human experimentation and Peter and the Haitian's task to kill Arthur. The latter may result in Arthur's death (in conjunction with Sylar) but is mostly nothing to discuss where as the former is very important. Nathan and Tracy have some good scenes and the creation of a super-strength soldier may have some bad implications overall. Not least for the effects budget).

The only disappointment is that the catalyst isn't anything interesting, all it is is a light that like a witches potion is the final ingredient. For some reason I was expecting much more but I guess in the end as it was mainly ignored for the past two eps that overall that wasn't the point.
  • Sylar learns the truth, Sylar learns the truth

Hiro and Claire go backwards 16 years to protect/retrieve the catalyst; Hiro meets his mother and gets his memories back as well as taking the catalyst from her before she dies. Hiro and Claire are about to go back in time when Arthur shows and takes the catalyst from him. Ando, Matt and Daphne went on their trek to find Issac's last story, which really didn't take that long. We see Sylar return to his old ways, he murders the lie detector woman. Peter is on his way to kill his father along with The Haitian, Arthur proves too strong for him with Peter not taking a shot, and Sylar takes over and does it himself.
  • Review

A lot of the episode was spent in the past with Claire and Hiro trying to make sure that Hiro became the Catalyst instead of Claire. I hate it when this show goes in the past because what they do makes no sense. If this happens then Claire is never the catalyst to begin with. I also hate storylines that build up and then vanish in a second. The entire first thirty minutes is devoted to Claire and Hiro and right as they prepare to leave Arthur steals away the Catalyst. Twenty seconds later, Peter kills Arthur thus rendering the entire episode pretty much useless. The only thing that remains now for the final episode is the big battle that is brewing between Peter and Nathan. This season was called "Villians" with Arthur being the most powerful one. The most powerful villan in the world is killed by a bullet through the head as Sylar (who has messed up all the time since just getting his powers) somehow is still alive. Overall - some parts were enjoyable but it all just seems to move in the same direction, nowhere.
  • Claire and Hiro travel to the past to prevent Arthur from getting the catalyst, Peter and the Haitian go to Pinehearst to stop Arthur once and for all, Sylar learns a new "trick" and Arthur's army is formed with the help of Nathan and Tracy.

The twelfth chapter of volume 3 prepares us for the finale of this volume but also provides enjoyment and comedy at the same time.
    Claire is with Hiro to the past (as seen in the previous chapter). Hiro doesn't speak English (as he still has the memory of a 10 year old) and can't communicate with Claire. However, Claire sees her father sixteen years ago and realizes that she is in the past. Following him, she finds her old house when she was a baby and meets with Sandra. She introduces herself as Bonnie. She tells Sandra to take care of little Claire and don't leave her out of her sight. When Noah arrives home and sees present Claire, he is alerted and thinks she is with the Company. Claire tells Noah all about the future without revealing who she is and warns him not to give baby Claire to the Company (as they will put the catalyst into her).
    Elsewhere, Hiro finds his mom and dad's past selves and realizes that the catalyst is inside his mom. Revealing to her who he is, she hangs him and heals his memory gaps. Hiro then urges her to give him the catalyst. His mom hesitates at first but in the end gives Hiro the catalyst (the past is in fact changed as the catalyst was supposed to be given to baby Claire). When present Claire and Hiro meet to return to the present, Arthur appears and takes the catalyst off Hiro and into him. Then he throws him off the balcony and teleports Claire back to the present with a message for Angela; that he has won. Hiro is left in the past, hanging by a pole and without his powers.
    Matt, Daphne and Ando search for Isaac's sketch book as it reveals what has happened to Hiro. When they do find him they see Hiro is in the past without his powers. Realizing he's trapped, they decide to go to the one place where they could find a time-traveller; to Pinehearst. There the formula (which is now perfected thanks to the catalyst) might give Ando a time travelling ability.
    Sylar is still at the beach where he killed Elle and burns her body. At that moment, Arthur calls and urges him to return to Pinehearst where he can help him. Sylar refuses and tells him that he has found a way to learn the truth once and for all. He finds Sue Lander who has the ability to detect if a person is telling the truth (kind of like a human lie detector). He kills her and three of her colleagues who had the misfortune of witnessing him killing Sue. With his new power he goes to Pinehearst.
    Nathan arrives to Pinehearst and takes control of the whole program. When Arthur arrives with the catalyst, the formula is ready. Tracy shows Nathan the people to whom the formula would be injected and they will form the army that will lead the future.
    Peter and the Haitian go to Pinehearst. Scott, one sergeant, is the first to be injected and gains the power of super strength with Nathan, Tracy and Mohinder looking satisfied with the result.
    Peter and the Haitian arrive at Pinehearst after receiving orders by Angela to stop Arthur by all means. Arthur meets Peter and thinks he has the upper hand until he sees the Haitian and so he is left powerless for Peter to shoot him. Peter seems reluctant to kill and most his father and the Haitian is weakened by Arthur's excessive power. When Peter finds the courage to shoot, Sylar arrives and stops the bullet. He tells Peter that he is not a killer like himself. He asks Arthur if he is indeed his son and Arthur answers affirmatively. Sylar detects he's lying (using his power of lie detection) and kills Arthur. He then leaves and the Haitian runs after him.
    Overall a superb episode. Claire and Hiro's chemistry is amazing and Sylar is back and still kicking. Arthur dies but a new villain arises (for more see the following chapter). Everything leads to the volume finale who is very exciting and worthy of a finale. For now, enjoy this magnificent episode. Key facts: Hiro's mother makes her first appearance played by Tamlyn Tomita. We are also revealed that she has a power of her own. Also, notice Knox and Flint's faces when Tracy and Nathan walk by them to inject the formula to the soldiers. There reaction is key to the volume finale. The sketchbook found by Daphne, Matt and Ando is the one given by Isaac to the messenger in "chapter 19: .O7%" of volume 1. Also, I noticed that the webisode Recruit is important at this point to be watched as it connects volume 3 and volume 4 (the main character of the webisode appears in volume 4). Enjoy!
  • thanks

Submitting summaries copied from ANY webpage is not allowed. This goes for all sites, including IMDB or any "official" network or fan sites. The word "official" does not mean that it's OK to copy. Even though you are copying the "official" summary, you do not have permission to use it, nor does CNET (sometimes a network may specifically ask us to post a summary which they have already written, but this is rare). (check out the US Copyright Office website for more details, if you are not sure about copyright laws and what this means). (Back)

Can I add a link to a page from another site outside of TV.com?

No, you can NOT post links to pages outside of TV.com in the guides. Links to pages within TV.com are allowed anywhere in the guides. (Back)

How do I submit a new show to TV.com?

You should use This form for new show submissions. Note that new shows do not appear immediately and must be added by staff. Also note that we add only those shows that we deem to be of general interest to our user base. (Back)

How do I request deletion of a show or person guide from TV.com?

You should use This form to request the deletion of a show or person guide. (Back)

How do I submit new information to an existing show on TV.com?

There is a "contribute" button on every show page. By clicking on this button you can find the forms specific to the information you would like to submit. Most forms deal with information attached to a specific episode of a show and not the show itself. In certain cases, specific data--like show images, news, or stars--may be locked, with access limited to TV.com staff and the editor of that show. (Back)

How do I make changes to incorrect, existing data on TV.com?

Almost all data on the site will have a small "edit" link listed after the entry. Clicking it will jump you to a prefilled form that lets you edit the current data. Certain data, such as the show summary or cast, is often locked, with access limited to TV.com staff and the editor of that show. (Back)

How long do submissions normally take to reach the live site?

Times vary per show, per data submitted, and even per user. We use a proprietary scoring system to prioritize and qualify submissions. If the show has an active editor, most submissions get processed within a couple of days. Submissions to shows without an editor can take longer, since they are processed directly by our staff. We review new episode submissions and any data submitted to current, on-air shows as soon as possible. In most cases, moderation time doesn't exceed one week and is often much shorter, but we almost always have a backlog of data to process. (Back)

A contribution I submitted was rejected! What's the deal?

There are many reasons a submission is rejected. Most of them have nothing to do with our thinking your submission was incorrect. We process thousands of submissions each day, and a portion of those submissions are duplicates. This is especially true for current, on-air programs. In such cases we mostly take the best bits of a couple of user submissions and push that to the live site, and then we reject the duplicates. Other
  • Ya-tah! Something good at last.

Ya-tah! Something good at last. 'Our Father' is a dramatic improvement on the laborious trudge-fest of 'The Eclipse' two parter and, while there is still a little too much running around for my liking, the overall impression is one of a well structured, nicely woven tale. The obvious highlight is Hiro and Claire's excursion into the past which is beautifully executed in all aspects: check out the sumptuous cinematography, the highly evocative direction and, perhaps most importantly, the strength of the acting which, by all accounts, is a complete hole in one. Tamlyn Tomita does an admirable job and George Takei is predictably awesome, but what about Masi Oka, eh? Going from token comedy fodder to haphazard cutie to thoroughly moving emotional wreck in the space of thirty short minutes is no small feat; the guy surely deserves some sort of award. I don't know about you but I was about to ready to bawl halfway through his moment with his mom… in fact, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it. This is a wonderful piece of character polishing that just hammers home exactly how fantastic Heroes can be when it sets its mind to it. There's Sylar's completely unexpected slaying of Arthur to herald too, as well as the guilty pleasure that is the pursuit of the last 9th Wonders and, of course, Nathan's mission to turn a bunch of soldiers into super-humans which, bizarrely, wasn't as bad as I'd expected. A solid run into the fall, and volume, finale.
  • Peter makes the ultimate sacrifice but it's too late, the future has begun.

Arthur's plan comes to fruition though he doesn't live to see it. The decision to kill him came too late, the formula is finished and though the catalyst is gone, there's 50 doses in the batch.

Hiro's time traveling takes us to a scene we've seen before but Hiro runs off to see his mother, with Claire in tow. Hiro's mother was a healer. Claire thinks they must stop the catalyst being injected into baby Claire and she takes off! Poor Hiro, who speaks no English, has no idea where she went. Then Kaito sees him!

Peter is back in the US but his mother's plan isn't quite what he thought – she wants the Haitian to make Arthur vulnerable so Peter can shoot him in the back of the head! Though she is still manipulating Peter, she's actually doing it with the truth: she poisoned Arthur because he tried to kill Nathan.

Nathan's decision to switch sides starts to make a lot more sense. While he agrees with his father's plan in theory, he also knows how dangerous Arthur is and tells him point blank that he intends to take over Pinehearst. A very smart, very Nathan decision but we already saw him in charge in the future too and it's the same future. I'm very glad to see how angry Nathan is with Tracy's power-mongering. Nathan will be president, nothing has ever changed that future, it's his destiny no matter which timeline we're in and he doesn't need Tracy's manipulations to do it.

When Arthur said he was building an army, he meant it LITERALLY. And then they're going to give them powers! In the future, it gets out into the public – does it end up being sold to the highest bidder? If you can afford a power, you can have one?!

Claire follows Sandra and easily integrates herself, knowing who her neighbours are. Not surprisingly, Bennet's not with her. He bailed and went back to work, some things don't change! Claire doesn't even hesitate to touch her past self, personally I would be creeped out. She takes the opportunity to prepare herself for the future, warning her about a boy in fifth grade she shouldn't share her juice with because he will break her heart. Bennet arrives home and is horrified to find a stranger looking after the baby but in her knowledge of the future, she convinces him to keep the baby away from the Company.

Poor Hiro has to listen to his father talk about him, about how disappointed he is. It would be hard for an adult to hear but Hiro is only 10 now. Hiro tells his mother who he is and she believes him, so sweet. Her healing powers restore his memory. She died when he was little so here she gets to see her grown up son, find out about his life and who he has become. Hiro can also tell her how he and his father grew closer. It's a wonderful opportunity for them both. Claire talked Bennet out of the catalyst which means it will go to Hiro instead. As much as I love Hiro, he's already responsible for losing BOTH parts of the formula. He thinks like a superhero and it always gets him into trouble, he's not responsible enough to protect the catalyst. His mother has the catalyst inside her but the transfer of it kills her.

There's a very sweet conversation between Peter and the Haitian, who knows how hard it must be for Peter to kill his father. That deep down, Peter thinks he can save him. He can't, his father is a monster, a man willing to destroy his own family for power, he has never shown the slightest hesitation or remorse for his actions. The Haitian points out that Arthur didn't kill Peter – that's only because Sylar threw Peter out the window to save him! I have no doubt Arthur would have, he handed Peter over to Mohinder to experiment on! He tried to kill Nathan and Nathan was his favorite! Problem is, even if they manage to take down Arthur, Nathan might just take up his sword. Peter is the opposite of Hiro, so responsible and able to shoulder whatever the burden, a true hero, powers or not.

Sylar actually burns Elle's body, a consideration he didn't bother with before with his victims. She definitely meant something to him. He defies Arthur and intends to go hunting instead. His first stop is Sue Landers. She has a very cool power, lie detection, probably a variation of telepathy. And Sylar goes back to Plan A, it's just so much easier than empathy. He doesn't have to kill but he actually likes it. Now he's killing civilians?! Hilarious when he gets in the elevator covered in blood with the guy cowering in the corner!

Matt, Ando and Daphne track down the messenger and it's a lot easier than anyone thought. They get the sketchbook. Inside is an unfinished 9th Wonder, 'Hiro Lost in Time'. Arthur uses Peter's powers to return to intercept Hiro, take his powers and steal the catalyst!!! Arthur throws Hiro off the Deveraux building! Arthur sends Claire back to the present. I'm not usually squeamish about heights but gotta admit, Hiro hanging upside down on the flagpole definitely gives me butterflies.

The formula is now complete. Peter and the Haitian just walk in through the front door! Quite a clever team – Peter is powerless but with the Haitian around, so is everyone else. As usual, Arthur underestimates Peter, look at all Peter has accomplished both with and without powers. Peter's the strong one and like Charles said to Angela, they were betting on the wrong horse: Nathan, when they should be trusting Peter. Problem is, it's too late – killing Arthur doesn't stop the future, the serum's already finished and being disbursed as we speak. Arthur tries to bargain, he'll give Peter's abilities back. Arthur is the first person to overpower the Haitian. Sylar arrives as the bullet is about to hit Arthur and uses his new found power to find out the truth: is Arthur his father? No. Again Sylar sweetly saves Peter. "You're not a killer, Peter… but I am." He kills Arthur and the catalyst dies with him. Sylar lets Peter live when he killed Elle. They might not be brothers, but Sylar still seems to care about Peter. The first attempt is a complete success, super strength.

This episode is the pay-off that 'Eclipse' was supposed to be. Villian stopped but his mission completed. Peter cannot kill Nathan so what will he do to stop the serum being distributed? A vast improvement on the disappointing 'Eclipse', the story's back on track.
  • Yet another amazing episode, but this one starting in the past with Hiro, where we left off.

Yet another episode, but this one starting in the past with Hiro, where we left off. Warning spoilers contained below.

I almost forgot Hiro can't speak English anymore, this makes it kind of hard for him to complete his tasks, yet it also proves to be pretty hilarious to watch at times. That said however, I still wish he would get his memory back, so he can speak English again, it would make things so much easyier. Finally I get some answers, as we see Claire and Hiro both get ideas. Hiro sees his mom is a healer, so he has a chance to get his memory back (Yay!). Claire on the other hand, sees a chance to stop herself from becoming the catalyst. Also in this episode, we see that Sylar has indeed become bad again, and now has a new list of people to go after. One thing about this show so far that is kind of cool is that no matter how many times people go back and forth between the future and the past, it all seems to work out exactly as Isaac predicted. So it seems, there is no changing the ultimate future, as no matter what people do, and no matter their powers, things seem to ultimately lead to the same outcome. The biggest question is, what outcome, as we know for sure that some are just there to guide people to do things that eventually come out like some predictions said. I have to admit, when Claire was holding herself as a baby, that was a pretty messed up thing, but I guess it worked, strange as it was. I wonder how she felt that moment, holding herself, must have been a pretty weird experience. I really loved the story line of the past in this episode, when Hiro confronts his mother, it was such a great moment. So Hiro now holds the light, the last part of the formula, which I never in my wildest dreams saw coming. From this, I have to think that Claire was probably never the holder of the light, all along everyone thought she was, because she was supposed to be, but really, it is Hiro. But just as we thought Hiro had saved the day, Arthur shows up and takes the light as well as Hiro's powers. At the end of this episode, Sylar kills Arthur, but things are not over yet, as the serum was still made and in order for it to end, has to be destroyed. This was an excellent episode, I loved every minute of it, and now I am pumped for the last episode of the season, as well as saddened.
  • Hiro and Claire finally meet.

This is one of my favorite episodes of Heroes. Our Father had some awsome moments and some great scenes that it made for a wonderful episode. Seeing Hiro and Claire travel 16 years in the past was great. I liked seeing the emotional interaction between Hiro and his mother and I really thought that the entire episode was well done with the writing and the plot. I also thought that the episode was very significant to the ongoing storylines in Heroes. It explained many things and I thought it did a good job of it. Overall, it was one of the best. Thank you.
  • Both the past and present have some great moments this week.

The "Heroes" episode, "Our Father," wasn't the most action-packed this season, but it was one of the best. It had movement, purpose and a trimmed-down character list -- all things sorely lacking this season.

I wasn't expecting to be moved by a character we've never met before, but Hiro reuniting with his mother actually had me a little choked up. The other surprise was the fact that "Our Father" was actually a tight little episode. Of course, the episode wasn't completely devoid of nonsensical occurrences, but the good far out weighed the bad.

The conclusion of the episode was also very tantalizing. I wasn't a fan of Peter's storyline with the Haitian in this episode, but the end result paid off when Sylar showed up to find out the truth and do away with Arthur Petrelli in his own unique fashion. I also didn't really care for Nathan's sudden involvement in the Pinehurst company, but I still felt excitement as the first Marine was given his super strength. You could sense that this was likely the moment Arthur's plan starts to go wrong. And it might also just be the moment where Heroes starts to go right again.
  • A real turn-around episode that sets up the volume finale

The writers have finally realised Hiro and Claire have never shared a scene together so this was a great excude to have Hiro and Claire unite in their bid to stop Arthur by travelling back in time. The chemistry was brilliant and as someone has already said - they didnt even speak the same language! Peter and the Haitian must face Sylar in order to get to Arthur and a powerless Peter - believe it or not is more likeable although he still has that annoying thing with his mouth that he does lol. Lastly, Ando, Daphne and Matt search for the last 9th Wonders! story which rounds off this vast improvement of an episode that made me realise this season may not be as good as Season 1 but this show is still awesome!
  • Review.

Hiro and Claire unite in their bid to stop Arthur by traveling back in time. Peter and the Haitian must face Sylar in order to get to Arthur. Ando, Daphne and Matt search for the last 9th Wonders! story. So this episode was really good and I thought Cliare and Hiro were funny talking to each other. So glad Arthur Died and I think that scene was the best scene of the third season. Arthur was getting on my nerves. Slyar is back to his old tricks killing someone on there birthday that was funny "Cake". strong end to the season much like season 2.
  • The old man finally died.

I can nott believe that hero lost his powers, that makes me kinda mad. This when his best friend gets his powers. He wants to get them to save hero but in the end he kills him.. Aww.. I was really upset about Sylar and Elle I thought that they were perfect for each other. I am glad that peter got the chance to kill his father, but I had hoped that he would have gotten his powers back in the process. There are only an episode or two left I can wait to see where this whole thing goes.
  • Hiro and Claire went back in time to when Hiro's father handed over baby Claire to HRG.In other things that were going on , Sylar is back to his old ways and Peter and the Hatian are going to defeat Arthur who ends up dying in the end.

I thought this episode was amazing!!!!! Personally one of the best Heroes episodes , it would be my third favorite episode next to Five years gone and Company Man Many great things happened in this episode , Hiro and his mom were wonderful together and made me wanna cry:) Claire's parts were to enjoyable. Sylar was making me laugh with his humor ,"Cake" oh how that part was funny!!!!!The development with the formula is such a great thing to see but also a bad thing. All in all , I'd say this is the best episode so far in the season.
  • Sylar saves the future by burying the things he loves the most.

Ironic how our father evokes these mental pictures of the fathers on out show: Arthur Petrelli, the patriarch of at least 2 of the 3 most powerful of their generation, senator Nathan Petrelli both devoted father and heir to his kingdom, HRG devoted Company man and yet even more devoted father whenever the situation calls for it and one Kaito Nakamura a man who has done more sacrifices to save the world than we had ever imagined.

And yet for me "Our father" is about the father who now might never become one for it's Sylar burying Elle, the last hope Gabriel had to share a normal life, Sylar killing Arthur (the last hope he had for a loving family) and Sylar killing the future that contained his son as he lets Peter leave that effectively and undoubtedly has changed the 200.000 lives would've been lost in Costa Verde, Daphne's death 4 years from now and the life & death of one little child called Noah Grey that now will never been born.
  • Hmm, so Arthur is dead?

Hey, how are you folks? I gotta say.. I liked this episode. A lot of stuff happening, pretty intense.
    I really enjoyed Hiro's screen time. It was pretty good.
    I kinda expected Arthur showing up like that.. even though he had no clue that Hiro had intercepted Sylar, due to his call to Sylar on the beach, where he got blown off by the psyco boy who had just killed Elle by the way.. Anyway, he jumped on Hiro and took his juice.

Sylar let Arthur die by a bullet in the brain. I wonder if that's the end of him.. Probably so, since he didn't regenerate after the Haitian left the hall.

Guess it won't take long til Peter regain his own powers but like Sylar, I think he's gonna lose everything he'd absorbed til his dad took his ability.

A good show, an awesome episode. Can't wait to see next week's episode!!
  • What a mess !

Since last episode, My interest was renewed, and the beginnig of this one was quite fine. I was caught in the touching Hiro story.
    BUT :
    - Mr Petrelli leaving Pinehearst to Nathan convinced by the persuation power of his son (- do it ! - No ! - Please - Ok) - The "light" ? Just add it to the magic potion and voilà ?
    - The poor story of baby Cheerleader ?
    - Mr Petrelli back in time to get the ability to do it ? - The 4400 copy (bonus : actor included)...
    Please, you'll have to explain : I thought the strike was over...
  • brilliant

heroes is finally getting brilliant.. this season started with too many stories really.. so the episode kept on jumpin about .. but now where back to a few storylines and this makes the show wonderful to watch... and for all haterz out there.. wots ur problem .. heroes is brilliant .. always has been.. and is the best ever tv show.. i really hope peter gets his powers back tho .. hopefully tht light tht came out of arthur was his powers.. and sylar has really gone psychi .. which i this is really gud.. coz he plays tht best
  • An amazing episode with great revelation.

This episode was so funny because Hiro lost his memory and thought he was 10 and Claire didn't understand him because he was speaking in Japanese. They both traveled in time and went back 16 years to bring the catalyst safe. In true, Hiro received the catalyst from his mother before she dies but Arthur took it from Hiro and tried to kill him. Before Hiro's mother have died she cured him and he regained his memory. Arthur send Claire back to the future to give a message to Angela Petrelli while Hyro was lost in time.
    Daphne, Matt and Ando are looking for the messenger who has the magazines wrote for Isaac Mendes with the continuation of the history because they want to bring Hiro to the present day.

Sylar became a bad guy again and he'd killed Elle but he looked so sad when he was using the Elle's power to burn her death body.

Nathan went to Primatech and after Arthur put the catalyst on the formula Mohinder was working on, he observed a test in a soldier with Mohinder and Tracy. The formula worked and they gave powers to the soldier that became super strong. Angela asked Peter to kill Arthur and he goes with the Haitian at Primatech to finished his mission. Although the Haitian was blocking Arthur's powers, Peter shouted on Arthur's head but Sylar stopped the bullet in the air and read Arthur's mind and realize it was a lie: he isn't his father. Then, Sylar said to Peter that he is not a killer but he was, and kills Arthur.

It's so sad Peter without his abilities… but now with Arthur's death maybe the powers return to his owners and Hiro can go to the future again. I can't wait to watch the next episode.
  • One of the best episodes of the season, by far.

Well in my previous reviews I have been complaining about the quality of the episodes. I feel that Heroes is failing to be the show that it once was but after this episode I admit that it is slowly bringing itself back from the dead.
    In this episode Claire and Hiro travel back in time to stop Claire from recieving the catalyst which results in death. The biggest highlight of the episode had to be Sylar going back to his old villainous ways. I have missed the Sylar from season one and even though it has resulted in the deaths of Arthur and Elle, I am happy to see him back. Zachary Quinto is a good actor, but he is a way better villain.
    One intesting thing about this episode was the lack of various storylines going on. Whilst Heroes has a large cast I believe that it fairs better when it only focuses on a few stories per episode and this was one of those cases. We had Claire and Hiro in the past, Nathan taking over Primatech and then shorter storylines involving Peter attempting to kill his father and Ando realising he can obtain a power too. There was a lot of build up for the next few episodes and I hope that the show keeps at this interesting and faster pace.
    Arthur's death was definately the most shocking moment of this episode. Whilst I thought Arthur was a great villain I was happy to see him go as now the story can move on to other things. With Sylar at the healm of the series' biggest baddy once more, the show may actually go back to how it was in season one, something fans like me have been waiting for, for a long time. Long live Robert Forster however. I'll wrap the review up here by saying that with Arthur's death the series is most certainly going to take a darker turn and the vision that Hiro had of the future is slowly coming into play.
  • Great episode!

I liked this episode. Sylar was so funny at some moments. And when he burned Elle, you could see he was sad. So, he isn't in the Petrelli family. :)
    Hiro took Claire at the time she was a little baby. We met Hiro's mother. She gave the catalyst to Hiro after she cured him so he regained his memory. That scene when she died was so sad.
    Arthur came back in the past and took the catalyst from Hiro and he brought Claire back to the present day but Hiro remained lost in time without his powers. I can't wait to see how it all plays out!
    Arthur put the catalyst in a liquid and faced Peter who wanted to kill him. At the end Sylar killed him saying Peter's not a killer, but he is. I love that part! :)
    At the end, we see Mohinder giving powers to one soldier and it worked!
    I can't wait to watch the volume finale! :)
  • Impressive turn of events for season three

Like other fans, I was skeptical about season 3's progress and felt Heroes was taking a downturn. The "Eclipse" suspense became a listless flip-flop that didn't satisfy demands. The characters felt as if they were running around haphazardly and the script sounded as if the writers were making everything up as they go along. I wouldn't hold my breath but this episode was like the light at the end of a tunnel. It fuses into the story arch beautifully and delivers the goods. I hope the writers are making progress and can pull themselves out of the mess of season three. We've left behind the organic feeling of season one but we can still have fun watching the adventures unfold. It's emotional to see Hiro with his mother, shocking when Claire encounters herself as a child, and suspenseful when Arthur Petrelli assembles an army of human guinea pigs for experimentation.

The overlaps of time traveling should get dull at this point but the script (surprisingly) managed to keep it fresh and keep characters IN character. I sense that the writers were trying too hard to push characters into certain directions to bring out their "bad" sides to tie into the Villains arch. But fighting against the grain doesn't please the fans and we don't like to see characters making foolish decisions all the time. It was nice to see a bit of the sweet-faced cheerleader Claire from season one and a bit magical when Hiro convinces his mother to put the catalyst into his body. Of course, Arthur Petrelli has to come and wreck Hiro's mission but the surprises are not over yet. I was unsatisfied with the attempts to "reform" Sylar this season. Much of the show's suspense revolves around everyone's favorite adversary. But when he's tame, the suspense is lost. Sylar is, quite frankly, the square peg who won't fit the round hole. He's much more fun (and lethal) when Sylar is able to plot his own agenda and act upon impulse. Thank goodness he's not a Petrelli because it gives Sylar an excuse to go back to his brain-slicing habits. After being deprived of psycho Sylar for so long, I laughed at his "cake" comment pronouncing his return to serial killer. However, there's not telling if Sylar will be able to continue his killing sprees successfully or if Nathan can create his troop of superheroes to do his bidding. I've learned not to anticipate too on this show because when it's doing well, it goes for the unexpected. Let's just hope it stays on this course for the rest of season three.
  • I thought you had lost your juice!

Amazing episode. Amazing twist. Amazing plot. Quite possibly one of the best episodes this show has ever produced. So many questions. So many Answers. So many storylines coming together. I cannot think of a better way to revive a show than what I have just witnessed. The only downside is the death of Arthur Petrelli who is such a great character and villain but now we have Nathan who will be like Anakin Skywalker, ie a better villain surrounded by an army of supersoldiers, Syllar who is the true monster he was meant to be and the good guys. Peter getting his power soon of course will help the show in a great way.

Well done and thank you very much I am buzzying.
  • Heroes does it again

Once again im left wanting more. This episode wasnt the most action packed but everything that happened was interesting. The best was Hiro and Claire being back in time. Its almost like HRG knew who he was talking to and like everyone else once you see hiros mom heal the bird you know how its going to play out but its still cool to watch. The way everything came together in the end was awesome. Now Nathan is leading an army of soon-to-be super soldiers and im curious what sylar is going to do next.. with arthur out of the picture.. Sylar is the only other person who could be as evil(probably more). So that means peter needs to get his damn abilities back.. or atleast a new one to make him stand a chance. I see ando gaining an ability soon also.. The next episode is going to be sweet
  • heroes is back on track

First of, I'm really glad Arthur died. His character was way too boring and one dimensional for me. He was just like a half assed Sylar. Steeling powers but no killing. And his whole company thing. I didn't get the motive behind it, or the whole game he was playing with Angela. In the episode he says "Tell Angela I won." Won what? His voice was just to weird for me. Turtle like and with a strange accent.

The scenes in the past were awesome. Claire finally shows her acting colors and is in some touching scenes with her mother and father. It's always intense and good when there's love and emotion on one side when the other side has no idea. I think at the end HRG realised that the 16 yr old girl in his apartment was actually Claire from the future, and it was a good moment when they levelled on "Claire Bear"

Hiro's scenes with his mother were excellent and very moving. Who better than his mother to heal him. Crazy emotions going on. He is overjoyed to see her after so long and then she dies right there moments later. I'm glad she got to know of Hiro's future before passing.

I am extremely happy that Sylar is back to killing. I thought it was a waste of character for so long while he was suffering with Mommy and Daddy issues, but that lie detection thing he has is a nice touch and makes him even more badass. I'm Looking forward to the next episode, but it sucks this season ends here. Right when it's getting good..
  • Great entertaiment..but alas..they should stop treating us like idiots..

I wanted to write a review right after i watched this yesterday, but work is more important so here i go now.

First off, kudos to this Episode as it had me glued to my seat and anticipating every next moment and Heroes hasn't done it to me in a long time..BUT as usual, i have my gripes..and i honestly dun care if i get a few thumb downs for my following comments..and u guys..being really fans of Heroes and TV shows should accept criticism and not blindly folo a show cos its cool..else..the show will never get better..

About:

Bonnie (Claire).. the HRG..we're talking about a 16yrs ago..younger HRG who is ruthless..cynical, suspicious about everybody. BUT he chose to just TALK to Bonnie..and actually LISTEN to her?!? Why? So that we know the origin of the name "claire bear?" Come on..everyone knows he watches CARE BEARS when he was a little toddler and thats how it came about..Issac mendes showed it to me..JUST seconds before he died..he drew me a cartoon about it b4 sylar knocked him off...zzz

Sylar: After mastering the art of getting powers without killing..WHICH removes the hunger, he suddenly decides to MASS kill again..and gets his hands dirty..waste money on laundry..when he could have just took her powers..by EMPHATISING..and just maybe give the gal a heart attack or die a clean death..but no no..he has to check her brains..thats so much easier.. And whats up with him still having powers while Arthur's were gone? The Hatiian only can dispel powers for 1 person? who the hell said that? Everyone around him loses their powers..EVEN IF HE DOESN'T know that they are around..proven so manay times..Hiro and Elle at the theatre..and previous episodes of peter and nathan just coming across him. He doesnt need to pin point to anyone..but OK..lets say he has to specifically pin point arthur..but doesnt mean he loses the ability to auto dispel Sylar's abilities..and when he sees Sylar come in.. im sure he would have judged who is more dangerous right now..and unleashed everything..but moving on..

Hiro/Arthur/Claire..in the past. Come on..lets be realistic, Hiro and Claire going back into the past, i dun care..and it seemed interesting..even the healing of his memories made sense..and the passing of the "catalyst". UNTIL..Arthur showed up..back in tie ..TELEPORTING..ok ok..we dun need to know where he gets his powers from, but this guy seems like the Justice league all put together..and powerful enuff just to make the world safer ALL by himself..

But hey..what did he say when he appeared? Guessed i turn up at the right time? damn..u can turn up anytime u want arthur..11.56..1155..1245..thats what time travel is about..WHY does he have to come at that moment..and take it from Hiro? 1. how the hell did he know Hiro got it from his mum? 2. How he he know HOW to just extract the power from HIRO's chest. 3. Why did he appear there and not at HIRO's mum just to take it from her?
    4. and how did he know this is the moment to appear sp that he can just walk in, take the catalyst and just walk off..when ALL THIS time, he thought the catalyst was CLAIRE and if he knew, why did he send ppl after claire when he could have just back tracked into time and asked Hiro's Dad himself. Giving him the power over time and space practically makes Arthur invincible..and thats why i thought the writers didn't want to give him Hiro's powers, but since he alreaday had Hiro's power, he could have gone back to do anything he wanted..and get answers from anyone dead right?

Anyway..this is getting too long, u guys get my drift, yet again..loopholes galore..and makes no sense..but i enjoy the action and if i dun think too much..this is a great show ^^
< 1 2