Heroes

Our Father

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 08, 2008 on NBC

• Lost but not found. The beloved magical touch made legendary in Season 1 has finally made its Second Coming. Welcome back Heroes, and may you have a long life ahead of you. The best this series has to offer.

Not since two years ago has Heroes left such an impression on me that has me jumping up and down with joy. What would prove to be very embarrassing for a grown man has awakened my inner geek inside. Everything... everything about this episode was simply mesmerizing: the characters, story, music, writing; I enjoyed everything.

Season 2 had the character development of Season 1. Season 3 had the story. Now, Our Father has not only managed to combine the two winning aspects of Season 1, but trumped any previous attempt. This is by far Heroes' finest hour, and I couldn't ask for a better lead in to the volume's finale.

I was on the edge of my seat the whole hour; couldn't miss a single beat.

I am geeking out right now. Matter of fact, this is my first time writing a review for this site. Not that I have never tried before. Believe me, I have. It's just I had no idea what to write about, and it took me a long time to just come up with one sentence. Everything had to be just right. I realized then, that it sounded to recap-ish. So I deleted everything, wiped it from my hard drive as who would want to read a boring recap for a review. Now, I understand.

This episode has inspired me to take a more spontaneous approach. Works wonders. For me, this is the best way to go about giving impressions, and I can think of no other episode more suited for my first review. Here is to many more to come.

Whether you have this on DVR or waiting for NBC to throw the episode up on their website, you owe it to yourself to catch this once in a lifetime episode... What are you waiting for?!? Go; GO NOW!!! Watch Heroes' historic comeback! And last but not least, may I extend an open hand to all those who jumped ship prior to this episode. Welcome back! Heroes is here to stay.