Heroes

Our Father

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 08, 2008 on NBC

• One of the best episodes of the season, by far.

Well in my previous reviews I have been complaining about the quality of the episodes. I feel that Heroes is failing to be the show that it once was but after this episode I admit that it is slowly bringing itself back from the dead.
    In this episode Claire and Hiro travel back in time to stop Claire from recieving the catalyst which results in death. The biggest highlight of the episode had to be Sylar going back to his old villainous ways. I have missed the Sylar from season one and even though it has resulted in the deaths of Arthur and Elle, I am happy to see him back. Zachary Quinto is a good actor, but he is a way better villain.
    One intesting thing about this episode was the lack of various storylines going on. Whilst Heroes has a large cast I believe that it fairs better when it only focuses on a few stories per episode and this was one of those cases. We had Claire and Hiro in the past, Nathan taking over Primatech and then shorter storylines involving Peter attempting to kill his father and Ando realising he can obtain a power too. There was a lot of build up for the next few episodes and I hope that the show keeps at this interesting and faster pace.
    Arthur's death was definately the most shocking moment of this episode. Whilst I thought Arthur was a great villain I was happy to see him go as now the story can move on to other things. With Sylar at the healm of the series' biggest baddy once more, the show may actually go back to how it was in season one, something fans like me have been waiting for, for a long time. Long live Robert Forster however. I'll wrap the review up here by saying that with Arthur's death the series is most certainly going to take a darker turn and the vision that Hiro had of the future is slowly coming into play.