Heroes

NBC (ended 2010)

Gislef

Heroes Fan Reviews page 3 of 53

• The scripting looks to be a copy of Surface with the details changed. Whiie it has the same issues and potential as Surface, the differences may make it a success.

While watching the first episode of Heroes, I couldn\\\'t help but feel I saw this show before but with different characters and driving forces. Even the end narrator speech sounded very much like Surface, except this time the writers added some pieces of information. The heroes will save the world and forever change it. I suspect this was also the Surface writers plan, but they never got to tell us about it.

Over time I'm realizing maybe just maybe the event the heroes are to stop is a season long event. This would allow the show to continue for years and to spend quality time on developing characters and the plot for that season. The combination of the Surface and 24 concept may make Heroes a true winner. Additionally, like Law & Order heroes and bad guys could come and go, just as long as the ratings stay acceptable to NBC.

Hopefully, if NBC does decide to cancel the series they will allow one of their cable channels to pick it up and continue producing new episodes.
  • This is a show about ordinary people who find they have extraordinary powers and they save the world.

This show in my opinion is....weird. It is totally for a person who likes Sci-Fiction. It is a little gross to see a person not be able to die. This story is very hard to understand. I just can\\\'t follow it, plus it would never happen. General= its a hard to follow sci-fic show. On the good side I think the acting is pretty good..
  • Nr. 1 show.;)

After Lost "lost" its glow I was looking for a new show, that could make me stay tuned in and then Heroes came :D first, I wasnt sure if it could live up to my expectations, but it surtently did! After the first episode, I was hooked and longed for more.;)

I hope it will run for a long time and not die out like Lost did!!!

I definently recommend the show.
  • This show was perfect the first season and great the second but is going downhill fast. Makes you wonder what the writers were thinking during this season.

Season 1 - The first season of Heroes was a pleasure to watch with interesting characters and fresh ideas. You had an interesting villain which is Sylar and Heroes ready to take him down. From start to end you never knew what would happen next. Some of the things that I didn't like about Season 1, well there aren't many. Just some minor annoying characters (Ex: Micah and Simone). Other than that it was a thrill ride. With great acting on all parts and mysterious characters, Heroes became one of the top shows.

Season 2 - Could season 2 of been perfect? Yes, it most certainly could of. Was it? No, not by any means. In this season we were introduced to more Heroes. To me it just seemed like all the characters they added had to have special abilities. One of the things that annoyed me most about this season was Claire's boyfriend West. Personally, I didn't like his character and I didn't like the way Claire was whiny while with him. Season 2 also introduced us to Adam who I consider to be one of the better characters of that season. One of the worst characters in my opinion was Maya, she was just a waste. Season 2 was decent enough and kept fans interested.

Heroes Today - Heroes is now in it's third season and as much as I love the show I hate to say that it looks like it's going down hill. This season has me questioning what the writers were thinking. As fans of the show know, Nikki was killed in the last season. Surprise, she's back. Wait, that's not Nikki it's her twin sister Tracy. The whole plot around that was not very interesting. It made me feel like I was watching a Soap Opera instead of Heroes. Almost everything about this season was bad. I'm hoping that the coming episodes will shed some light on this now darkening show.

Overall - Heroes has entertained me for years now and even though it's not what it used to be I'll continue to watch. I'm glad that they still have some decent characters on there like HRG. To me though, most of the characters are starting to seem dull. It's almost like they are too predictable. I'm hoping that this season ends quick and they go back to what worked best with season 4.
  • What has happened to Heroes?!

here is a little incite on what i think about the problem this show created for itself...
    they are making the drama in the show way to human i mean in the first season all we had was people trying to save a cheerleader for no reason and we kind of lived off the drama what was evolving from that issue. even though it clearly made no sense, well that's a comic book for you...
    but now the show took away Peter's and Hiro's powers (get the human idea now...?) and the soap is just too west wing for the audience... we want comic book action... we don't want a reasonable president we want a evil plan with robots and crazy scientist who will try to destroy the heroes not with lame c i a agents but something more comic-y ... well that's in a nut shell... If you feel like me or don't and want to bash me for it, on Heroes forum there is a new thread called What has happened to heroes... come and discuss it with the fans!!!
  • This is a show about ordinary everyday people who suddenly begin discovering that they have these incredible abilities that you'd see in a superhero comic, like flying or time traveling. It's even got villains, of both the extraordinary and ordinary.

This show is the bomb! It's got everything: drama, sci-fi, wonder, romance, mystery, and suspense! Not to mention the great actors to play it out! Definitely one of my personal favorites by far, surpassing Smallville and Buffy, two of my faves. It definitely deserves the praise it's been getting! This show is one of the reasons why I watch so much TV! I think it'll become legendary in TV history even. I mean, the way the characters are, just so believable and real, it's easy to see how great this show really is. A much better hour of TV than some of those reality shows out there for sure!
  • Superb show and i dont care if people agree with my point of view or not but this show is the greatest thing that has happened to television series history

I first thought that heroes is an overrated show but when i started watching Season 3 i realized that i was completely wrong!!! its the best damn show with a huge cast and some fantastic cinematography . Its edgy , thrilling and has kinda a lot of twist and turns.. i liked the sow in fact loved it. The crew is coming out with some fantastic ideas and they have done a very good job!! I just disagree with people who hate the show, if you don't like sci-fi why do you watch it and then go and rate it !!! Anyway i just love the show and i recommend everyone to watch the show!!!
  • This show is just a complete waste of time and bores me to death.

There was absolutely nothing good about this show. I hated it from the first second. It just goes on and on about the same thing. Hoping for better episodes.

This program features some people who have found some sort of power or ability that is out of this world. But the program just goes on and on about something for a million episodes and is just plain boring. I watched a couple of episodes but found myself snoring after five minutes.

That's five minutes of my life I'll never get back!

I am just waiting for a descent episode and I might start watching again. Until then, I'm tuning out.
  • My new favorite tv show.

Back in September 2006 when I heard about Heroes and that it was going to be a new tv show about people with special powers, I thought the show was going to be like X-Men or something. So I didn't really pay much attention. But just a couple of days before the pilot aired, I thought about it again and decided to record the show. After seeing the premier, and noting that the show does not have crazy looking creatures or costumes like in X-Men, I knew it was going to be my new favorite show. Everything in the show excels. The story, the acting, and the special effects are all perfect. Now I have every Heroes episode on DVD and just thinking forward to all the new episodes. I even had a dream about Heroes in February. And to conclude my review, I give Heroes a perfect score, 10. By the way, my pick for power would be like DL's phasing ability. Laterz yall. Peace.
  • heroes

heroes is a program about normal human beings who are born with special gifts such as flying or your dreams tell the future or maybe you can have all the powers of anyone just by a touch or maybe you kill people for these special powers you choose your path. Sylar is the villain he is the one that kills people for their powers. Peter is the one who can get these peoples powers by a touch he is on the right side, the good side. Some like to use there powers the help others, others want to get rid of them. People have created companies which apparently help these people get rid of these dangerous or not so dangerous powers but instead the use them. For more information email me at georgia.random@hotmail.co.uk x
  • Heroes is a nailbitting action series. Where people have the ability to do all sorts of things, like fly, regenerate and so many more things. You follow the stories of these people and their familys.

Heroes start out with these main characters. Peter who has the abilite to absorb over abilities, Claire who can regenerate, Issac who can paint the future, Nathan (peters brother) who can fly and many more. Each series they introduce more characters. It gets more complicated every series but if you are clever anoghth you can peice it toghther. Sylar (Gabrial Grey) has the abilite to understand how things work. He has other abilities (move objects with mind-telikenises-,freeze things and others also gained thoughout the series) he gained them by murdering the people with the abilities. Heroes is a fantastic show it may have its downs but it certenly makes up for them with its ups. I would recement Heroes to anyone who wanted a diffrent kind of show to watch.
  • Brillant show! One of my favourites!

Heroes is one of my new favourite show.
    Heroes is an American Emmy Award-nominated science fiction drama television series, created by Tim Kring, which premiered on NBC on September 25, 2006. The show tells the story of several people who "thought they were like everyone else... until they realized they have incredible abilities" such as telepathy, time travel, flight and instantaneous regeneration. These people soon realize they have a role in preventing a catastrophe and saving mankind. The series emulates the writing style of American comic books with short, multi-episode story arcs that build upon a larger, more encompassing arc. Kring said "we have talked about where the show goes up to five seasons."
  • heroes is the best show ever! i always like watching sci-if shows and when i hear about heroes i jumped on the bandwagon immediately because the hype and feed back was very very very great the first episode left me wanting more so i had to wait patiently

heroes is the best show ever! i always like watching sci-if shows and when i hear about heroes i jumped on the bandwagon immediately because the hype and feed back was very very very great the first episode left me wanting more so i had to wait patiently till the next one aired every week then all the new characters started to discovered their new powers and realized they are special and have unique part to play in saving the world from danger when all the heroes gathered to fight the forces of evil the battles was very cool to watch
  • Cliche idea,unbelivable execution

No no,this is a joke,right?
    LOST has better score than heroes?
    No no no,let's start again.
    Why is this show so underrated?
    After season 1 every fan turns a hater!
    Why so much hate on this show?
    Season 1 was the greatest i know,but season 2 was awesome too and so was season 3.
    Heroes is still strong,has awesome actors,decent dialogues,great effects,addictive as hell,sometimes is even better than smallville,which is a fantastic show.
    Come on,there's one billion great shows in this word,and all of them..lost?
    Heroes,smallville are easier to belive than lost.
    Nothing against lost,i used to like,but after season 3 it turns a garbage nonsense.
    Anyway,heroes is a great show if you like drama,action and super powers,don't care about the **** haters,if you love heroes,you will love until the last episode!
  • This is as much a Guilty pleasure as it is a necessity to start my week.

The show started off great. I love how it doesn't follow one person it follows everyone I Tivo it every week. I'm so glad that i didn't miss this show. I'm glad that NBC gave this show the budget and i hope they give them more. As the season progresses so will the story lines for these Heroes. This show is great on so many levels it satisfies my Intellectual,Inner child side who still secretly seeks to be a super hero, The sci-fi geek inside that says this is awesome. Also This show has a great cast and an even better set of characters.
  • It was great for the first season but since then? Come on it's been pretty poor. This supposed ripoff of X-Men seems to go absolutely nowhere. Pull the plug.

Now I'm going to get a lot of flag from Heroes fans on tv.com especially. Lots of thumbs down but before you do, atleast listen to my argument. I was an avid Heroes fan through the first 2 seasons. I usually tivoed and watched the 3rd season. Anyway the first season itself was pretty interesting all these people from different walks of life with powers and the introduction of Sylar only made it better. However the season finale which created hype for a big Peter vs. Sylar showdown didn't deliver the goods. Since then I think the show kind of lost it's edge. The 2nd season went almost nowhere, Mohinder joined the company, Claire defied her father and started a relationship with a guy who could fly, Peter met an Irish chick and lost her in time? It just seemingly became more and more embarrassing. Not to mention none of the main characters seem to ever die, let's face it. Amongst the Heroes cast the only interesting Heroes are Nathan, maybe Peter, and Parkman. The most compelling villains are HRG and Sylar. Almost everyone else is useless. I thought originally the show would develop from a bunch of characters learning their powers and putting it into good use like the X-Men? I understand that they have budget problems on the show but still atleast make them do something Heroic. They are all in for their own self interest in this series. Anyway a show with so much promise deflated by it's poor writing, acting, and storyline. Heroes is not worth watching.
  • RISE AND FALL OF HEROES

This is sooo bad,i had 2 sign up just to comment.Heroes used to be a great great show...at first.but from season 3 everything started becoming sooo bad...its like the writers have become clueless and started cooking up good rubbish.the just talk...and talk...and talk.they believe that because people have powers anything can happen,anything can be explained,anyone can come back from the dead..its just really pissing people off...please someone should tell them to come back to their senses cos their losing millions of fans right now...i dont think i'll still be able to watch it again...they should really cut this crap...and whoever directed season 1 and 2 shud come back!
  • An amazing take on ordinary people becoming heroes with special abilities. Great tv show throughout the first season already.

Peter mimics people; his brother, Nathan, can fly; Hiro can stop time; Claire, the cheerleader, is invincible; the police man, Matt, can hear peoples thoughts; Isaac can pain the future; Niki has an alternate ego; DL can go through solid objects; Micah has an ability but it hasn't really been revealed. Mohinder, is looking to warn all the heroes that there are people out there trying to hurt them.

It is amazing to see that just ordinary people can become special. It gives people something to think about while watching the show. Wondering if it is actually possible that people in real life actually can have special talents such as the characters in the tv show.
  • Heroes, when it first came out, was nothing short of amazing. loved the idea of ordinary people with extra-ordinary abilities!

Heroes, when it first came out, was nothing short of amazing. loved the idea of ordinary people with extra-ordinary abilities! Excellent camera work, amazing effects, great characters and plots. The end of season one left me wanting more, but when the second season began, the storys told won't pulling me in like before and well that was okay, cause they didn't have much episodes to go on with due to the writer's strike or whatever. Season three was just plain confusing, it would have to sit in the worst season of Heroes list. Did not like how some of the characters were killed off or messed with such as Matt Parkmans character and how Peters power got screwed with, which left Sylar as the most powerful.
    shouldn't there have been something about balance of power (good vs bad) between characters?
    Not that i'm putting the whole season down, there were some good scenes and ok ideas that were floating about and could of been worked more with. But just like season two it was missing its all-out awesome-ness of the first season...
    In conclusion to my ramblings, I am now starting to like season four especially how episode three played out, I just hoping it coninues this way.. =)
  • Heroes

What can I say about this show, it will forever be my favourite (joint with Lost). I loved this the minute I say Peter jump off the building at the start, I was hooked the characters are so intresting I could watch them forever. I think that is what I really like and what brings me back to the show season after season I'm intrested to see if Peter will save the world or if Sylar will do something evil or funny. Peter at first was my favourite mainly because since the beginnig he has been a Hero. Slyar is great as well because there is so many different sides to the character. The acting is top notch. Season one is my favourite season of TV ever. Season two is underrated I mean I know the story is not as strong as season 1 but who cares we were introduced to some cool new character like Elle and Adam. Season three had its good times and bad times. Will always watch this show one of the best ever.
  • Real good, dont know why ppl hate it

Heores
    Normal people wake up with incredible abilities.

Heroes is a rlly good show. I dont get why ppl hate it so much. Is rlly good and has amazing special effects. The first season is the best, the thirs and second season were good too, but ppl disagree. Ppl say the writers dont know whta the hell are they doing, but they're wrong. Just in the second volume of season 3, volume 4, they have been screwing things up, and it was all at the very end. Heroes is a good show, but the finale was kinda bad. I'm hoping with the new season, which I havent seen yet, the show gets better, just as season 1.
  • The basic premise of this show revolves around humanity making its evolotionary leap forward.This resulted in a a few individuals being gifted with almost magic like powers.The are then forced to come to terms with their abilities and whether to take a pa

I have had a somewhat of a love hate relationship with this show .I was pleasantly surprised when this show was first showned and it had a lot of potential being in many ways a more drama proned version of xmen.Lately the writing team has made some changes for the better redeeming it in my eyes and making it worth watching.
  • heroes is in comic like format but show's us how people with unique abilities can come together and save the world while as some would destroy it.

heroes has always been the best!
    that's right i think heroes has always been good and never went of track i enjoyed all 5 volume's including three infact it's my fav volume. i just mean the people who liked season 1 liked it because it was something new but what do you think tim could have done. the reason people hate it is because it does reapet the writing style but that's what the idea of it is you know good vs evil, the first volume was just all about what would people do but the story could not just stay on that because it would get even wores. the show is still good but you people are just looking at it from a crooked view.
  • A show about people who find out they have extraordinary abilities.

Honestly this show was amazing at one point but it has gone REALLY downhill. Volumes 1-3 were great, I really enjoyed the show, but ever since volume 4, the show has been slowly dying in my eyes. It is just very boring and whenever you think something exciting is going to happen and change the show around, it turns out to be a let down. Honestly end the show after this volume or 1 more, to keep any greatness the show may have had alive. Everything is just very draged out and pointless, the emma story was mad boring, and why the heck did it take 11 episodes to finally end nathan? I see nothing to look forward to this season, in volume 1 we had nyc blowing up, volume 2 we had the virus. Volume 5, we have what? A group of creepy carnival people who have abilities? I am done with this show for good.
  • Heroes is a great show, it is intriguing and makes you want to see more.

I enjoy Heroes, it is a great show, and is very detailed and gives you a clear backround about the characters. The plot of the story is awesome, random people with amazing abilities meeting, very interesting. Another great part of the show is the special effects. The show at the begining was very intriguing, but over time, its has become more dull, but it still has the ability to make you want to see more. The episodes every week are great, they unravel mysteries, but open new ones. Another thing about heroes which makes it one of the greatest shows on tv is the heroes and the villians, they make heroes what it is. Overall, Heroes is awesome!
  • Heroes is back on track!

Heroes has always been my favourite show.
    The plot is amazing and I love the cast! The first season was superb; I enjoyed the second season despite the difference regarding the first and the third season, although pretty watchable, for me was a desperate try to regain the viewers lost in season 2.
    Though I remained loyal to this series, always defending it, a lot of people didn't, quitting on Heroes (at first I didn't understand it, but I now do. Impaticience as it's limits, and during the last episodes of season 3, the plotholes were too much, and the fast pacing wasn't covering them).

Now I'm so proud! Heroes is finally back, the catching story that hold me stuck to my TV all time is back! Season 4 brings the season 1 vibes (though it's not a repetition, that would be lame, I want Heroes to innovate) in the way that is focusing on the character developpment, and the story is being great.
    I just love the episode of Hiro and Charlie, it was awesome.
    I can't wait to see more episodes of Heroes as they come out, because I feel that finally the awesomeness returned.
  • Heroes is still watchable, but not as good as it used to be. Here's hoping that the situation will change for the better in the future.

After having read a lot of the reviews of the people who have posted here, I have to agree with what everyone is saying. Season one of Heroes was definitely good, really, really good. In fact, I think, as everyone here seems to agree with, that it might have been the best piece of television magic I have seen in recent history. I had high hopes for this series. Unlike other people though, I am someone who actually liked season two also, though it was only eleven episodes long. It was short, but sweet, at least in my humble opinion. Where the series started to go wrong, for me, was the finale of season three, when the writers got the bright idea to kill off Nathan Petrelli. I liked watching the interaction between Peter and his brother. It was one of my favorite things about the show. When they killed off Nathan, it made me not want to watch the show anymore, which leads me to a bigger gripe which is: Why do they kill off so many people on Heroes all the time? I told myself that if they kill off Hiro as it seems like they are thinking about doing this season, or Peter, they are going to lose me as a fan of the show. It kind of sucks because now, I have invested all of this time into having watched every episode only to sit here hoping that they don't kill my favorite characters. I also sit here hoping that the writing on the show, which has really gone downhill lately, improves again like it was in season one. Here's hoping for the best for Heroes...
  • Still one of the Best Shows on TV, this is the Only Show i watch on TV, everything else sucks

this Episode Started off soft with little to kno whats going on, after Mr.Bennet and Tracey try to help the child, Samuel Asks tracey to Senf him to us he is family here, she realizes that he's right a kid like him wants to live invisible, after he exposed his power around the crowed , they treated him like a dog and killed him, then Samuel was furious with what they have dont and how they treated him for being Different, and we got to see what kind of Power he possess, thats why i cant wait for next week
  • Heroes is on track again, thank God!

One of my favorite shows, that was going down until this season 4, now i think the show is on track again, in the right direction, its less confusion and with time for the characters inprove and grow again, I thik that now the show is on my top 5 again.
    So between Vol 1 and 5, i give to
    vol 1 - 5*
    vol 2 - 4*
    vol 3 - 3*
    vol 4 - 4*
    vol 5 - 5* for now.

For all the fans tha start livin the show, give it a try again, beacause it deserves it, for a show that was considered 3 years ago, the best show of the moment.
    Now its hoping that the show only gou up and up again with good stories and with good new characters and old ones. I personnaly miss Nicky and Jessica,I loved the sotry of their character, but now I want to know barbara!
  • Here's my summary: a show rips off The 4400, but does it decently enough that it's one of the best shows on TV. But the quality does a quick nosedive after the first season.

In fact, the first season is so good, and the subsequent seasons so bad, that fans continue to watch, like a character in a cartoon who runs off a cliff and continues running through the air, not yet realizing there's no longer any ground beneath his feet.

I am officially giving up on watching this show.I thought I was done after last season's finale, but decided I'd come back and give the show another chance. After the "Hysterical Blindness" episode--I'm done. This show absolutely stinks. It started off as one of the best shows on TV with season one, then did a quick slide into the trash with the subsequent seasons. Tonight, when Peter tries to run and the music gets all bouncy then quickly sputters out as his ability fails to kick in--felt like I was watching a "Roadrunner" cartoon. Absolutely stupid. And I'm tired of the monotonous bouncy music every time Hiro and Ando come onscreen. Hiro is such a one-dimensional character. Raise arms above head, yay! Push glasses up on nose. Smile. Save world. It was cute at first, but now it's all he does. It's like listening to someone tell the same joke over and over every time you see them. Enough already. Now the good folks at NBC are trying to slip in a little social engineering: Let's work in a little homosexuality to make the masses more accepting of it. How about this experiment, NBC: Let's see how much idiocy people will take before they wise up and change the channel. Goodbye, Heroes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10