Heroes

NBC (ended 2010)

Gislef

Heroes Fan Reviews page 7 of 53

• Now that they've ruined Petrelli, what else is there to SCREW UP? Oh yea, THE SHOW!

4.5
    I'm going to agree with another TV reviewer here emma5000. I too am close to being done with heroes. Season 1 was amazing, season else has just been downright ridiculous. What is the pre-occupation with "the future"? This need to look forward all the time is leaving current "present" storyline a whole lot of confusing. Lets face it folks. Season 1 was spot on and now, they can't keep. And so little by little, they're making dumb mistakes after another. I'm sticking around for this season end. But for the love of God, if they dont start to move back in the right direction that was season 1, that's the end.
  • I think Heroes is an awesome show !

I don't know if it's the fact that I really like the idea of supernatural powers or what but I find this an awesome show.Yes I agree it has it's ups and downs like any show.
    When I first saw the preview I thought that might be a cool show and I didn't end up watching it but when the third season started I thought I might watch the it . My favourite character is Peter Petrelli and if they got rid of him I would stop watching the show !Some of my other fav characters are Claire and Hiro.
    YATTA!
  • Looks like bad writing...

I can not understand why they keep surfacing new characters just to kill them off on the next episode! I am talking about the soldier who is given the formula (which is destroyed soon after it is created). They show us the soldier, make him a super-soldier and then kill him! Now they came across this downgrading on Peters powers. I am really finding it difficult to keep watching! It seems the show is down the hill. Getting Sylar a sidekick was also very lame, wait, but if they keep on the track they are know, microwave-boy will be killed on the next episode.
  • Heroes was great for it's first few chapters, then, this season, it went downhill rapidly like a skier attempting to outrun an avalanche. I used to look forward to Monday nights, and now I just stare in disbelief at the convoluted storylines & bad acting

A story about Heroes is truly pointless if the characters have powers, then lose powers, then regain powers, then die and come back to life! I'm unsure why I even bother to watch Heroes anymore, now that everyone is constantly angry, over-reacting to every word spoken to them and screwing up their faces as they spit out their stiff, asinine lines.

What happened to the exciting storylines when you actually cared about what happened? Why is it necessary to take away powers, or give powers, to random characters? I'm not sure why I, or anyone else, should even care anymore. It has become trite, pointless and contrived, and I'm only watching a couple more episodes before I finally give up ship and admit that Heroes has indeed jumped the shark.
  • So, coming into this new season Heroes had a revamp. New writers, new producers, new ideas...but what has that turned into? Nathan has become the head of a branch of the government that hunts down and captures people with super human abilities.

As soon as I realized that I wasn't watching a bad episode of Lost meets Prison Break, I settled into a reality where Heroes was jumping the shark. This episode looked very similar to an episode that was the combination of season one and season two, Claire is a rebel, Nathan is leading a self righteous cause, Peter is being way over dramatic, Noah is torn, and Sylar is evil...or is he? Without Peter having his real powers, the show lacks a true character to move the story along. When Ando and Parkman are the most crucial characters in an episode, the story arch seems to be either not developed or even discussed in the writer's meetings. If Sylar were to become the focus and he begins forming a team similar to the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants, then the season could become what it once was...entertaining. Until then, a powerless Hiro and powerless Peter equals a powerless program that NBC brass should consider demoting back to a mid-season replacement.
  • Far and away the worst thing on TV

If this show couldnt get any worse.The ep begins after the plane crash.They dont even show it happen! Next thing you know the 'Heroes'(i say that loosely.they never save anyone but them selves)are running from a swat team of some sort...no reasons of how they got there so quick or how the cast survived.Nathans bat sh!t crazy,willing to hurt everyone he has met in the last 3 years.HRG is helping.why? But the worst thing ever is the killing off of the last remainning plot line (that was good) Daphne!!!no ones even sad and they could use the chearleaders blood.but no.
  • The first two seasons were almost unbelievable, i hope the third season will live up to them!

Heroes reads to me like the start of a real life xmen, in another fictional sense. The unique powers of individuals is nothing groundbreaking, but the variety and the infinite possibilities that have been portrayed are always thought provoking. Heroes are always to be shadowed by villains and suitably the second series titles was this. As a poetic reflection the villains aren't always as they seem and as the story unfolds the villains and heroes wane between factions. In some sense the same as normal people in daily situation. I really enjoyed every episode in the first season, it left each week hanging on a vital scene each usually involving a different character. The first and second series worked heavily to introduce many characters. The third series began with some heavy delving into the origins of the powers held by some original heroes, unfortunately not always explaining the abilities very well but allowing the viewer to make a few conclusions of their own.
    As the third season break came some plots are beginning to dry up and the need to draw on the time traveling antics are coming back to haunt us. This can work to lock the entire plot together -so long as the writers don't try to undo the truths of time.
    Nicely they have stripped the time bending power from Hero, in what i see as an effort to curb this interfering with the stories timeline plot.

I will be waiting eagerly to see what Nathan and Peter do in the third series wit the introduction of there long lost father...

Love the cheerleader!!
  • Weak plots, bad dialogue and just well not good. shame.

Its no use, i never thought I'd join the people that said it can't make a comeback but i really thinks is too late. The last episode 3x15 was just well, just pretty rubbish. The acting and dialogue is very bad claire and peter being the worst offenders, and hiro and HRG looking very close to joining them. The wrong people have been killed, I'd like to see claire and peter axed, don't get me wrong peter was great in season 1 but ever since the hair got cut, like samson his strength has deserted him. Don't get me stared on claire its just bad really bad, school play acting. I would have liked it if they had kept adam (someone that actually had a three dimensional character) and kept nathan as a bearded drunk not able to get over his brothers death how i want all my heroes to be. At least sylar can still act all be it, it seems the direction of his scenes though still very enjoyable is getting cheesier. Ando i think is one of the few thing's they've got right and his supercharger power. oh and bring back claude.
  • The first season was average, but after that my interest fell faster than a rollercoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The only interesting story is the Asian guy with time traveling powers.

Honestly, I think this is the most overrated show right next to American Idol.

At first, the story seemed unique, but after a while interest fades away. A major flaw in the show, in my opinion, is the fact that if you miss even one episode you are completely lost with the episode right after it. The show is obvoiusly about heroes (hence the title of the show) with superpowers. It is like 5 or 6 little shows in one because every person has a different story to tell. The bad thing is the fact that nearly every story gets dull FAST. The cheerleader's story is descent and the Asian guy's story is kind of good, but unfortunately he doesn't get a lot of air time on TV.

If the show was only about the Asian guy, I would see the show on a weekly basis, but that isn't the case so I would give this show only a 6.5 out of 10.
  • What is going on with Heroes this season ?

Was totally hooked on the show since it started couldn't get enough of it. I was on the edge of my seat every week. That is until this season started! I have to admit it has me pretty bored and honestly starting to lose interest ! Things are getting a bit confusing and I am having a hard time following along even without having ever missed an episode. How to they expect to attract new viewers ? I sincerely hope things pick up soon otherwise I will be dropping this show from my "must watch" list.
  • Flying, frying, dying... Not buying.

4.5
    When Heroes started, it grabbed the world by the... EYE balls. Both my wife and I watched it while balancing precariously on the edge of our couch. It seemed clear to me that the show was going somewhere, and whilst we - the viewers - didn't know exactly where that was, it was structured in a way that had you hooked. Other than Nicky, who was a glorified Schizophrenic, really, most of the characters were gripping. Sylar made your skin crawl. the characters tended to be consistent in their morals and agendas, and if they flipped, it added up. I really like the whole Hiro stuck-in-the-past storyline of Season 2, while Claire's "teenageness" started to grate somewhat. "I love my dad, I hate my dad, I love my dad." Come on, Claire Bear! Now, in Season 3, I find her mostly irritating, while Noah seems to roam around with a gun and a grimace.

Peter. Nathan. Angela and Arthur. That whole family thing could've been developed better. Menacing looks and threats, and claims of family relations seem to fight for screen time now. "You're my son!" Viewers gasp. "No, you're not, actually." Viewers yawn.

Matt has abandoned Molly somewhere and has somehow fallen in love with an irritating blonde Flash Girl, who loves to tilt her head and make silly faces, before blurring away. Now, Matt seems so desperate for her but leaves me wondering how he - or anyone - could fall for her.

And Mohinder, forever leaning over a test tube and beaker, picking at a scale glued to his skin...

Look, there's still enough going on to keep me watching. And I'm sure I've upset some of the die-harder fans who see no weakness in the show. But, whereas in Season 1 and 2, where I couldn't wait for the next episode, now, I've got them waiting for me to watch them. And I think that's because there's a feeling of we're-not-sure-where-we're-going this season. It seems to be all over the place, and so I wonder just how much longer Heroes will be on our screens.
  • Welcome back friend

I was sick at home, missing the outside world. As a fan of Gilmore Girls I decided to check out the actors other work. That is how I found Heroes, through Milo. I was absolutely infatuated. I watched through season 1,2,3 in less than a week. I admit, I became obsessed. I couldn't wait for this episode to begin us on volume four. The only thing I'm upset about it Peter losing his powers. He was, and still is, my favorite character. He only tries to do the right thing. I just hope the writers of the show know what's good for them and find some way to get Peter and Hiro back their powers. They are the few that really deserve to have them. I understand the Peter has some sort of power now but it he is only able to hold one at a time... It's not the same. All in all, despite the small issues where I want to punch the television, love this show. Incontrovertible favorite. ~ Lauren Flores
  • Got boring after the first couple of seasons

The first season of this show was one of the most original things to hit TV screens in years. The story,acting and visuals were like nothing viewers had seen on TV before. Then came season 2...

The first half was okay but no where near the brilliance of season 1 and the second half I can't even remember. I did watch the first few episodes of season 3 but I found that the week after I couldn't remember what had happened the previous week because quite frankly it was boring and with Heroes being the type of TV show where it is vital that you keep up with the story line I gave up, and apparently I am not the only one giving the lower ratings this season.

But like I said previously this show was excellent when it first began and I think that it is possible for it to return to its former glory. I plan to catch up again at some point cause I really want to see if they can bring it back to what it once was.
  • A show filled with super powered humans, its everyones dream!

This is in my top 10 favourite shows of all time, I can't get enough of superhero shows/films. The series starts off with people around the world suddenly realising they have these fantastic abilities that one would only dream of and they eventually find out they have to save the world, yeah 'been there done that' comes to mind but the show is called 'Heroes' and its how the whole sci-fi superhero thing works. We go through these characters lives and see how they struggle with or relish these abilities and you really do get attached to a lot of the characters, minus a few annoying ones but they do start to grow on you. The show isn't just about saving the world, it is also about the development of their inner selves and the actions each of these characters makes on their path to growing into a hero or villain. One particular character that stands out is Sylar as he is the main villain and what a character he is! I was a bit worried when he was going all goody two shoes on us but thankfully the writers did the truly right thing and turned him into an evil psycho again. This show got a lot of stick after the 1st season as the 2nd didn't live up to the hype however the 3rd was probably the best I've seen in a long time and I will keep watching more as it seems to be on the rise all the time. Heroes with super powers, it don't get much better than that.
  • SYLAR, THE BEST HERO OF THE SHOW!!!!

With the new 19th episode of the 3rd season, we can see that all the heroes became so week with Nathan's plan. But it wasn't the case for all of them. Just one still so much strong and nobody couldn't stop him. It's just SYLAR !!!! Personnaly, I won't be surprised if he'll become the unstoppable one. With hope that the scenarists will make him the principal role of the show.
    In general, people like the good person on the show but sincerly in this one, SYLAR has a mysterious caracter which make him under the light of the suspence...
  • This show is great!!!!

This show is great!!!! I have watched this show since the series premiere, and I have never missed one episode and I DVR it on top of that just in case life happens, and I own the 1st and 2nd season dvds. When this show is on I don't answer the phone, I don't talk to anyone and anyone who interupts my guilty pleasure gets their head bitten off. I'm sooooo happy its finally back and that Peter got his powers back, he has my favorite power, but Hiro is my favorite Hero. I love this show!!!
  • A stagnant series, gains momentum...finally.

A series that was getting to be boarder line, redundant, finally has made its' first big jump in a new direction since season one. The expectations that everyone has had with one another are completely thrown into a hat and drawn at random. The possibility of an alliance between all heroes and villains isn't necessarily new, but new enough to keep the series going. We've all been down the road before with Sylar and his inability to maintain a normal lifestyle, but this time around, the fans may actually get what they want. If the government puts out a wanted list for all people with powers, this may only force Sylar to finally help out, without having secondary meanings behind it.
  • The tension was finally building up--we are finally seeing why everything was rushing past so fast.

Heroes season 1 started out fresh and new, became dull in season 2, and then started a whole new direction in season 3. It started out a bit too fast, with events rushing past before fans can say: 'huh?' However, the second part was a complete turnabout--the story line kept the watchers gripping onto their seats and screaming in their heads: "what's next! what's next!"

The characters were finally developing, making them stand out in their role in the show. Nathan had finally took a side, with HRG following next to him. Thankfully, now Claire can finally be a hero after acting like a 'villianwannabe'. The plot was amazing. The heroes were able to finally use their powers, which was what we were all hoping for. Hopefully, the next episode will surprise us with a brand new twist.
  • Awesome It was an awesome episode

It was an awesome episode espically the end where mostly all of the main heroes almost die
    and it ended in a cliffhanger
    oh ya Sylar was awesome in this episode killing all those agents hahahahhaha

oh comes on it tells me that I have to write anout 100 words review so this is gonna be boring this sucks so much I hate doing this I can't take it I don't feel like writing 100 words but I might as well

so here are some random things pokemon I like pie and pizza and ice cream and avatar and dbz and Naruto and more stuff
  • Just couldn't get into it

2.5
    My fellow friends, I am in love with TV and I always give shows that I don't like the first time I see it another chance. I stick to my word and gave Heroes another chance. But frankly, I couldn't get into it.

The plots just seemed dull and the characters just didn't get me interested. Most people I know enjoy Heroes but I just don't see what the whole hoop-la is about. I don't know why but it all seemed done before.

There should be better shows on TV than this one but I really don't think this show should've been made
  • Can't wait for the next season!

Heroes is a great show. While it can be very confusing to most who haven't followed since season one, simpley doing some online research or just watching and paying close attention can get you up to date. For example, I myself fell in love with the first season, but then had to miss out on the entire season two. I started watching again at season three, and I know completely what's going on!

The show has many twists and turns and is very exciting to watch. I'm always on the edge of my seat, always wanting more.

I can't wait for the next season! :)
  • it is a great show but you have to watch it from the very beginning to understand it, picking up in the middle of the series wont cut it

it is a great show but you have to watch it from the very beginning to understand it, picking up in the middle of the series wont cut it. . . a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
  • Awesome!

Heroes is one of the best shows ever. I love all the characters. Each episode makes you want more and more. Claire is my favorite character yet because she is just so freaking awesome. Peter is an awesome character as-well. Everytime I watch an episode I want to see what happens next. Heroes has a great story line and all the characters have way awesome powers. and the fourth season is going to be even better than the other seasons. All the action scenes are just totally awsesome. It is definetley one of my personal favorites. I think they have done an excellant job with this show. Go Heroes!!!!!
  • Let's face it, if it wasn't for Hayden and Milo's off-screen relationship, chances are this show wouldn't even be airing after the writers' strike ended.

This show jumped the shark before the last completed episode before the writers' strike began was aired on tv. While the majority of the cast isn't too bad, acting-wise, there is one person on there who shouldn't even be on that show let alone in showbiz. Yep, everybody's favorite blonde bimbo Hayden Panettiere who was a child star and should've quit once she hit adolescence, is an ill fit to a show about superheroes. Let's face it now, the only reason she's still relevant is because she has a relationship with a guy 12 years older than she is. There is nothing wrong with the fact that she's dating a much older man, but just so she can remain in the spotlight and to keep the show fresh is nothing short of pathetic. Let's face it, she can't even act her way out of a paper bag, her past roles in movies and tv showed that she's only limited when it comes to talent, and she does have a decent singing voice.
  • A once great show that hopefully will return to its glory days.

This show is a huge favourite of mine, even if the 2nd and 3rd volumes aren't as good as the first. The characters in the first season were amazing and the story rattled along at a tremendous pace. The finale was thought by some to be a boit of a let down, though. The second season was a mess. Boring storylines and plot holes you could drive a double decker bus through. The show has picked up during the 3rd volume though, which I enjoyed in the main. Here's hopingthat volume 4 can get back to the greatness of volume 1 when it starts again in february.
  • What's the big idea?

This show was pretty good during the first season. Or so I've heard. But this show seems to be getting more and more like a soap opera. Here's why: They are starting to bring people back to life over and over. They killed off a main character in only the first season. People say they like this show, though I have read that some people (Like me and my Mom) don't understand this show at all. Well, it's nice to have superpowers, but they might want to try and make it simple. In other words, easy to follow! No having one person be stuck inside a mirror, while another person who looks like them is walking around pretending to be them. I mean, how did that woman even emerge from the mirror? Or did she? I don't get it! Agh!
  • I love this show. It's absolutely amazing.

Heroes is an amazing show. Every Monday morning the only thing that makes me happy is when I know a new Heroes is on that night. I would recommend this show to anyone who likes action, drama or science fiction shows. The fact that its a weekly serial makes it all the better. It likes watching the best comic book ever unfold in front of you. Personally I never know what is going to happen next. The show keeps you on your toes and makes sure you have to tune in every week to keep up. If your not watching this show yet, you deff should be.
  • If you think the writing has gone bad read this....

Let's start off with the obvious, it's a comic book based idea, after you achieved to understand what a comic book is then you can appreciate the show. Every comic book has a little vague and "corny" part in it, it's just the way the world of comics is built, with a feeling of superior flowing in the air, the parts that die off with out questions asked about them, letting go without closer. Something that in real life we don't like confronting with, well at least not without superpowers. The show pulled off everything in need to become a number 1 show: acting, drama and comedy (thank you Hiro). I would write more but i really needed to make things clear about the mist surrounding the writer ideas. Bottom line amazing show it can go on for at least 8 seasons without a doubt, and still not bore us.
    Bottom bottom line get a reality check! It's a Tv show comic it could get away with anything.
  • when you're bored with smallville,HEROES ARE HERE TO SAVE YOUR DAY FROM BOREDUM!

its dangerous,fun,exciting,thrilling,actiony,adventurey,
    awesome,arrosing and really fun and so much more!.it might seem stupid with the gay idiot known as slyar and its depressing when ur fave hero dies and you jump for joy when a villain dies and ur spirit is crushed by a villain who kills ur fave hero and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this show!!!! its awesome!!!!.its so awesome.awesome is the only word i can think of to describe how awesome this show is and everybody loves it!.even joe jonas!.and they should make a movie and many more eps and seasons and i cant wait for the upcoming heroes video game!!!.but for now lets enjoy heroes now! :DD
  • A show about everyday people getting these powers, and learning more about themselves. Almost more people come with powers in the show but that was wrost idea ever,that was the end of heroes..to many people with to many storylines for one show.

5.5
    I started liking this show when it started but when season 2 came, I said dissing like it. Wait to many storylines for a hour long show. All the characters started to get annoying with no hope of seeing the annoying characters coming to end. Also, adding more characters to a show with all ready to many characters in the first season. Also, the writting started to suck big time. Like come on, just stop adding new characters and start making storylines for the ones you have. This show was one of my favourites but now it sucks big time
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11