Heroes

Shades of Gray

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 09, 2009 on NBC

• Sylar finds his father at last, Claire must decide whether to help a sworn enemy, Danko digs into the secrets of the Petrelli family, and Matt must find a way out of an explosive situation.

The Sylar storyline got better at the end when the father went after him, but the two to three scenes that came before it were just kind of...not good. The biggest problem that this show has is that is makes the first 35 minutes average / below average and then tries to make the final 10 epic. It just doesn't work. Why don't why try making the entire time epic instead of just the final portions of the episode? We spent episodes building up this confrontation between father and son, we got two good scenes out of it and then he up and leaves without killing his Dad because he isn't "big enough" game for Sylar to go after. Claire's portion of the storyline was bad too. She helps the puppet man because he says that he has changed. I don't really see the reason behind bringing him back into the show. Her storyline isn't a part of the real big picture even though it seems like it would be. The Nathan storyline was getting good with Danko being removed, but in the end he throws Nathan out of a window. Now it looks like Danko will be staying around, HRG will come up with a cover story to remain a part of the operation and Nathan will now be one of the big ones to be hunted by the people that he was working with from the beginning. The Angela scene with Danko wasn't even that great and I expected something a whole lot better when I saw him walk into that restaurant. Claire helps Puppet Man by giving him some new information and telling him to run away? Pretty sure he could have figured that part out for himself if he was just looking to run away. Overall, I would have to say this was one of the worst episodes of the series just because it's not going anywhere and this is the time that it should be kicking the main storyline into high gear.