Heroes

The Butterfly Effect

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 22, 2008 on NBC

• Pure.. Unrelenting.. Self-absorbed.. Ill-conceived.. RUBBISH!!

This show is dead to me. I cannot believe what has happened to all the solid, exceptional pulp the first season dished up in dollops. Here we have rehash after rehash, character rape, ludicrous and uncontrolled plot deviations, and to top it all off Heroes has gone and baptised itself in a bath of holy sh.... I'll stop myself short out of respect for fellow TV.com members.

So now I know that using the writer's strike as an excuse for the horrid quality of the second season was a farce, because clearly these writers are still pulling ideas from places not even bacteria dare to tread.

A shame, a shame, such a shame. I'm sure some of you agree with me and some of you will continue to tune in convincing yourself that Heroes is actually the best show ever. It's these latter folks that truly have my pity and condolences.
  • Pure.. Unrelenting.. Self-absorbed.. Ill-conceived.. RUBBISH!!

This show is dead to me. I cannot believe what has happened to all the solid, exceptional pulp the first season dished up in dollops. Here we have rehash after rehash, character rape, ludicrous and uncontrolled plot deviations, and to top it all off Heroes has gone and baptised itself in a bath of holy sh.... I'll stop myself short out of respect for fellow Gaters.

• it is like any other episode

this episode is like any other episode in heroes doesn't add anything new to the season or the other seasons ......they are like going in circles ..syller is always the bad guy and they all try to fight it and this episode in particular seams not arranged and disoriented ..it is so dull as an episode and as a show i don't know why it takes all these votes and all this fuss ..is it cause it has lots of actors and actresses in so people only like to see them whatever they are giving something new or not ....this is realy sucks
  • the reek of desperation lingers as the feeling that heroes may be spiraling out of control seems to be a hard one to avoid. WARNING: Spoilers Lay ahead.

People having multiple powers, unprovoked plot twists large chunks of unexplained goings on and a nod to the Fly makes this the worst episode from the series to date, sorry, correction; dropping the Sprint network's name on the African plains and Ando's hadouken makes this the worst episode yet. This cluttered and in often tired cliched arrangement of ideas seems to sag and show how the once fresh faced idea of real super heroes is beginning to show its age. The intrigue is gone and in its place cheap thrills and fan lip-service let this show down like the hull of the titanic. If they manage to recover the series from this awful start that the writers will need to posses powers of resurrection so biblical they would make Claire stand in awe.
  • This was incredibly lame - lame dialogues, out of character behavior, lack of logic, lots of clihes and lots of things i've ALREADY SEEN BEFORE

2.5
    This was incredibly lame - lame dialogues, out of character behavior, lack of logic, lots of clihes and lots of things i've ALREADY SEEN BEFORE (mostly in comics and movies). Season 1 was entertaining, that was waste of time - if not for villains. C'mon, try harder, no sane studio exec should order full season after this crap
  • Well, that was...epically disappointing. I mean...wow.

Well, that was...epically disappointing. I mean...wow. Who writes this garbage? It was so rushed and haphazardly put together that my head was spinning from the leaps of non-logic and the vain attempt to suspend disbelief. Nathan's rose-from-the-dead, hallucinating-Linderman, Jesus-freak storyline, Hiro's "I'm feeling bored and inadequate, so I will do something very stupid and rash and completely out of character and world-endangering" storyline, Mohinder's "I'm feeling bored and inadequate, so I will do something very stupid and rash and completely out of character and world-endangering" storyline (version Turning Into A Bug Or Something). Future!Peter's lame "Once more, travel through time and screw things up" plotline, Hiro's lame "Once more, travel through time and conveniently witness coming Apocalypse so as to try and avert it" plotline, and can't they figure out how to do anything in a world of superheroes and sordid past mysteries (still unsolved, by the way!) and infinite possibility **without making it about time travel** anymore? That plot device is so freaking old. Claire's lame "Angst some more about how I'm special and a freak" plotline, and lame "once more argue with HRG about getting involved in dangers things" plotline, Sylar's "inexplicably found out where Claire lived even though he should have had no idea" and "gets immortality and yet somehow gets captured by the Company yet again" plotline, and the painfully stupid "(Luke) Gabriel, I am your (father) mother!" plot twist. Why does everyone have to be related in this show? And Niki/Jessica/Tracy with ice-powers lady. God. Don't even get me started on that mess. Or Elle. Or Maya. Or MATT, the newest person on an "exiled off to some strange foreign land to find himself and be absent from the main storyline for ages and ages" adventure, oh yeah, we've seen how those work out. The utterly careless, pointless way they threw out Angela's "dreams the future" power, like that makes any sense from what we've seen of her and her manipulations, or what we saw of the times Peter used his first power. And still, what the hell was his Dad's power? He must've gotten that, too! The speedster was ridiculous. The new villains were ridiculous. Peter somehow being stuck in one of the new villains' body is ridiculous. The way Future!Peter is still in the past when the entire future is different, and the way that they're portraying time travel and its effects and the ability to see the future is ridiculous. That new African hero or whatever is--well, the character himself isn't ridiculous--YET--but how he's being used is ridiculous, and the "painting the future" shtick is tired. Way tired. And what, did Future!Peter know him or something and send Matt there for some reason? Bringing back Claire's mother at that point and the way they did was ridiculous. Future!Peter treating past!Claire the way he did was ridiculous. Future!Claire looked kind of nifty, but in the previews for the next episode she looked emo and angsty and ridiculous. There is no continuity to this show anymore, in character or in plot. There is no sense of pace, or of timing. It's season three, and still none of the characters have really gotten to KNOW each other, except for the ones who had already known each other all their lives. How about some real character interaction and development, the effects of which last more than one episode? How about answering obvious questions and dilemmas that the audience has already considered, instead of squirming around them with sorry plot devices? Why not stop retconning developments or information given in previous episodes and just stop glossing over it like it was always that way? Why not develop and improve from the last season instead of leapfrogging into the next *ginormous season plot* with zero time for reflection or development on anyone's part, characters or audience? **Why are the writers being so stupid?** They're leaping from the mistake of the last season, *way too slow and too little*, to the exact opposite, *way too fast and too much.* Happy medium, people!! I have absolutely no hope for the rest of the season.
  • NBC - Stop hyping stuff that turns out to be crap. Thanks.

5.5
    For all the waiting and all the excitement that was built around this premiere, the results were much lower than what I expected. The clip show was not even really a clip show and was pretty much a waste of time. The episodes themselves (both of which I'm reviewing here) introduced a lot of questions, which could potentially be good ... but half the stuff is just so dumb I don't even care enough to find out the answers. At this point, I wish I could just pick and choose between storylines so I'd only have to watch what happens to the characters I like.

We'll start with the worst - Parkman. Too bad the actor is all buddy-buddy with the creator or whatever, because the character needs to die. His storylines have always been crap, but somehow this season has outdone the past storylines and is even crappier. I think I'll start treating his scenes as commercials so I can walk away and get something to eat. I mean come on, a spiritual journey? That's worse than watching commercials. Stupid.

On to Hiro/Ando. Hiro used to have good storylines, but his blast to the past last year lasted way too long, and now he acted all dumb and lost some important formula and on top of that is all freaking out about Ando because he kills him in the future. Except it could be a shapeshifter. Or he could have just stunned and not killed Hiro. Or Hiro could actually be the bad guy and not Ando. But Hiro is retarded and doesn't think things like that through. He instead just acts dumb and makes his storyline boring.

Niki, or whatever she's called now, can randmoly freeze people. Great. Unless there's some really cool twist to what's going on with her I'm more than ready for her character to be gone too. But then again no one dies for good on Heroes so I don't think she'll ever go away. Claire on the other hand is someone I'd hate to see go away. The Sylar scene with her was great. Pretty intense stuff. The only dumb thing is that she randomly doesn't feel pain anymore and is being all annoying about it. Nathan/Linderman - what? Again, no one on Heroes ever dies for good apparently, which is a really bad move because it makes it pretty much impossible to feel sad when a character dies because they'll just be back again in the next episode. Lame. So yeah, Linderman is not really dead, but sort of? And he saved Nathan. Great, another dumb storyline I wish I could skip.

Suresh and Maya. Maya is getting less annoying, and actually making sense, while Suresh has passed the point of being just retarded and is now just a waste of space (or airtime in this case I guess). I'd rather watch C-Span than this crap storyline. At least one storyline didn't disappont - HRG/Angela. They always seem to have great storylines and are always in good scenes. Angela is by far my favorite character on the show, and I love how she's so bad-***. They did a bad job revealing her power though, they should have made a bigger deal of it. It's cool though that she's still so vulnerable, but never gets scared. I love when she told Elle to go get a new life. Awesome. And she's Sylar's mom?! What?! Oh and HRG - also awesome as always. But he's gonna be paired with Sylar? Hmm...that's the only thing keeping me interested in the show so I guess I'll be back next week to find out how that all goes down.
  • To put a long story short: Too much, too fast. If that's all you need from this review, by all means move on.

5.5
    Before starting I should warn you that there are Season 3 spoilers (SPOILERS!) inside, so if you have yet to see Episodes 1 and 2 and don't want the surprises to be ruined, again, move on. Also, you should know that this is a review of both "The Second Coming" and "The Butterfly Effect," not just one or the other. Lazy, I know, but it saves me copying this all twice. Now don't get me wrong; the acting was still pretty good, the characters were still IC (For the most part) but there was too much going on too early in the new season, and it was all happening way too fast. In Season One and Two, the first few episodes told us who the characters were, where they were in their journey and gave us an idea of where they were headed. Now we already know who the characters are, so that's settled and since we start up again right after Nathan is shot, we pick up quickly how they're doing, but instead of just a few little pushes to where they're going, we are THRUST!

Example: Sylar. At the end of Season Two he regained his abilities after ridding himself of the Shanti Virus and in a feat of inexplicable speed arrives at the Bennett/Butler residence to take Claire's ability. (How does one get from New York City to Costa Verde, California in a couple of hours without teleportation or superspeed anyway?) Then, accelerated regeneration now his, he heads BACK to New York just as quickly, kills Bob and is finally knocked out by Elle. This all happens in two episodes; that's an hour and half, plus commercials. (Oh, and did I mention that when Elle knocked out Sylar she also accidentally allowed 12 of the most deadly 'special people' to escape the Company's prison? No? Didn't think so.) This whole thing ends with what should have been the ultimate bombshell of the third season, like Adam Monroe's true identity in Season Two, with Angela Petrelli speaking to an incarcerated Sylar. Angela: I can give you what all boys crave from their mothers: inspiration and guidance, comfort. Isn't that right, Gabriel? Sylar: My name is Sylar…and you are not my mother. Angela: But I am, dear. I am…

The whole reason the greatest surprise since "No, Luke, I am your father." was ruined was simply because there had been about twenty big surprises prior. With Nathan's shooter revealed, Ando possibly turning evil in the not too distant future (and shooting red lightning which I did think was very kickass), Mohinder injecting himself with a superpower serum, all the 'Villains' being released and the present Peter being trapped inside one of them, the impact of every other surprise was made almost meaningless. This isn't a soap opera where every scene has to end with a gasp from the audience. With 'Heroes' you got a chance to slow down a bit, especially at the beginning when everything was being set up. This felt like pressing the fast forward button. Okay, now that my main point is out there I'm going to lay down a few smaller ones and then let whoever is left reading this return to whatever it is they do on Tv.com. So Mohinder has artificially created superpowers now; good for him. One problem: It's totally out of character for him. You remember when I said that everyone was in character "for the most part"? Well, this was the little lesser part I was not referring to. As certain members of my family have pointed out, Mohinder's always been a straight arrow and without powers. In fact, my brother said that his being powerless was one of his endearing qualities, as powers would dilute his character. Well he was right, they certainly did that. This Mohinder was selfish, arrogant…and horny, which leads to my next point:

Maya. I figured since the end of S2 that she and the Doc would hook up, but not at all like they did here. Maya may be many things, and may be achin' in the love organ after Sylar's betrayal and Alejandro's death, but she never struck me as 'easy.' But in just one minute of talking to a super-powered Suresh, her clothes are off and they're doing the mattress mambo. I swore that had to be a dream, it was too unreal, but no. I mean, sure, it's good for the hormones, but if we wanted that we'd watch "Emmanuelle's Erotic Escapades" or "Dirty College Tramps 14: The Trampening" on PPV, not on a show we've come to look for something more than a 'Who cares about the characters' personalities? Let's just make 'em do it all night. It'd work for me.' attitude. It was just sad, like they'd run out of good writers even worse than last year and had to resort to steamy sex scenes to give the characters something to do. That reminds me, any idea what happened to Caitlin from S2? You know, the Irish girl who Peter fell in love with and accidentally left stranded in a dying future? That Caitlin? Huh, apparently no one in the studios does. How odd…

And now in closing, I'm done. I first watched 'Heroes on DVD the summer before S2 started and in a few weeks I was an avid fan. And until Episode 9 of S2, where everything went into poorly planned overdrive, I was glued to the TV there too. What we have before us now is not what we had been hoping to get back to after the Writer's Strike screwed us out of a good ending to S2/ What we have here is more of that aforementioned overdrive: Too much, too fast, and as much as it saddens me, it's the reason I can't watch any more of 'Heroes.' It was a fun ride with amazing powers that didn't destroy the storyline (cough, 'Smallville', cough, cough!), with characters that really could have been real people, and made their adventures so much more fantastic. But to do justice to that, I can't keep watching and see it devour itself like so many brains at a Sylar-Fest. Thank you, Mr. Kring and Mr. Loeb (and to the actors of my favourite guys: Mr. Lee, Mr. Oka and Mr. Quinto), and all the other people responsible for what I have been obsessed over for the past year. But oh well, life goes on sucking…and hey, there's always Superman. Always.
  • "The one that broke the camel's back". How do you mark as "unoriginal" a show that is about super beings? Congrats, Heroes has done it!

I love super-heroes. I love stories about them, the ideas, the hardship, the conflict...
    For about a season and a half (sans the obligatory "everyone survives" ending of S1, Heroes has been that lone exciting star of super-hero wonder.
    Some things didn't work from the start: Mohinder was painfully and frustratingly clean and boring, the series struggled with its direction but man oh man was it a find. Nathan was Peter Parker all over again; the cheerleader growing up in this cruel apocalypse, and Hiro... well, there was a winner if I ever saw one. Fast forward to season three. Mohinder is no longer boring, being a super villain... No wait, he is. So the fix didn't work either. The space-time continuum cunundrums are starting to pile up, and so are the cast. Nathan is so far from PP it hurts. I do like the evil version. Storylines are everywhere and are completely neutralising the characters. And the worst of all? OK, here goes: Pathos. Drama. Frown. Sob. Pathos. Frown. Squint. Pathos. Heroes has become a dark hole that I have no interest of entering any more. It has fallen prey to its own popularity; as I understand it, the idea was to realistically kill many of the characters still cluttering the airwaves today - because the public found them too popular. Well, welcome to paying of the price for it. We could have had two brutal, brilliant series with a bright future in the unknown. What we do have is a porridge sucking all excitement like quicksand. I really feel let down. RIP season three.
  • Ok so was it just me or did Mohinder turned into Seth Brundle fromDavid Cronenberg's movie The Fly from 1986?

Come ON!!! Anyone who has seen this movie MUST see the resemblance. First of all the look alike and they are both scientists who experimented on themselves. And OK, lets say these are both acceptable and NOT so unique situations. Many scientists have done that in movies or even, yes, in real life. And the fact they look SO much alike… the well trained mocha-shiny masculine body and the pitch black curly hair and the oriental chick bones and the black olive eyes …. OK lets say this is also a coincidence. BUT all the rest????? The fact that they had exactly the same effects AND side effects??? Seth was SUPER strong all of a sudden after he came out of the teleportation booth and so was Mohinder after he woke up. Seth was walking around his flat half naked with the same pair of soft pants like Mohinder's and he was walking and jumping on walls PLUS he was super horny all the time!!! Seth was crazy for sugar and Mohinder crazy for milk. Seth fought off some hoodlums with his new super powers and Mohinder did too. Then, when Seth's girlfriend found him climbing the ceiling (like Mohinder), he was talking fast and saying EXACTLY the same things Mohinder did. How better he can see, how STRONGER he is, how FASTER he is and so on. And then he grabbed her and they did … you know …. (exactly what Mohinder and the Mexican girl did) And later on when everything started going south and the side effects started kicking in, Seth started falling apart (literally) like a zombie. And there is a scene where he is standing in front of the bathroom mirror, removing gross pieces of flesh from his body, wandering what is happening to him! Exactly like the last scene with Mohinder … standing in front of the bathroom mirror removing pieces of flesh from his body wandering what was happening to him.
    I mean ok, everybody steals from other writers. EVERYBODY!!! But THIS, is preposterous!!! Come ON!!!
    Generally I enjoyed the first tow episodes. But this was too much to swallow. So just for the disgraceful theft I will give it a 6, otherwise it would get an easy 8.
  • I hope the rest of this season is better than this episode.

I feel that the season premiere could have been better if so many things were not crammed into it. This show is starting to remind me of Lost. It is posing too many questions and not offering enough answers. Maybe the writers are trying to make up for the shortened season last year but I don't feel this is the way to go. Characters popped up with new powers which they didn't even possess in the previous two seasons. Some characters were acting totally out of character. I am hoping that all the things will be explained that were revealed in this episode. Sylar has become a very corny villain. I will continue to watch this season to see if this season can be saved but I really have my doubts.
  • Any Hero with the gift of creativity to help this show go back to glory days?

This review is about both premiere episodes.

First season was so refreshing.. almost perfect (till the finale anyway). I guess this is how far the creators of this show could go.
    I honestly hope I am wrong but I see no future in Heroes anymore. Same ol'same dejavu situations. An indication that the writers have no good ideas is that they simply dunno what to do with the show except recycling the same ideas with a different wrapping.

They added a bit of more grossines effects to spice things up but I am afraid the stories, the characterization and the dialogues so far are AWFUL.
    This show is almost dead. Watching it is frustrating.
    I will watch episode 3 as well..but if things wont improve I am over with it. A good step forward would be to get rid of Mohinder, since season 2 he was turned into the most annoying tv character. And put Sylar out of his misery..a wonderfull villain suffering from poor writing for more than one season now..
  • A slight improvement over the premiere

(Note: This review covers the second half of the two-hour season premiere event. The first half was covered in a previous review.)

The season premiere was all about setting up the plot threads for this third volume ("Villains"), regardless of how ridiculous some of the required plot acrobatics might have been. But sometimes it's necessary to sacrifice one episode's credibility in the hopes of breathing new life into a concept. With a little cribbing from the best stories of comic book history, the writers might have done just that.

Villains are always fun, and whenever a band of heroes is brought together, the bad guys follow suit. The Company's little dungeon, a fixture since the first season, is the site of a Sylar-induced breakout, and now some of the most powerful and socially repugnant metahumans are on the street, killing and pillaging without a care.

It takes some time to get there, and the theme of the episode is "unintended consequences". Future Peter tried to do the right thing by killing Nathan, but his actions set events in motion. Angela Petrelli is more than happy to blame him for everything, but as noted in the review for the premiere, the coming apocalypse seems to be the result of a convergence of several issues.

In particular, the breakout at the Company was the result of Elle's failure to stop Sylar. Sylar managed to get his hands on Claire, and subsequently, had the power to invade Level 5. Elle intervened, and the result was the breakout. That seems to be more an indictment of Elle's unusual upbringing and lack of judgment than anything Future Peter might have caused. And how exactly is Angela's decision to toss Elle out on her own going to work out well?

In an interesting twist, Sylar does not get away during the breakout, and Angela seems to have plans for him. Not only that, but according to her, it's a family issue; Sylar is apparently another Petrelli brother. At this rate, the Petrellis are going to be as large and dysfunctional as the Summers family from the "X-Men" books.

On the other hand, it's building up the rivalry and parity between Peter and Sylar more than ever, and the writers have once again set things up to delay that inevitable confrontation. The real Peter is stuck with the villains; if Sylar goes after them, and eventually he will, then the two will battle. Future Peter is the wild card, but if Sylar is pursuing the villains, it's possible they'll be allies rather than foes for a time.

Claire, on the other hand, is well on her way to becoming a villain. Her ability to experience pain was a touchstone, however disturbing as that might sound. She could at least pretend, on some level, that she was human. One has to wonder if Sylar did something intentionally to set Claire on her current path. Whatever the case, she's losing perspective very, very quickly, and her descent seems assured.

Mohinder appears on the same path, but the state of his transformation might delay any true villainy. One would also imagine that it would delay the release of the metahuman serum long enough for the villains to expose the presence of the metahumans on their own. Future Peter may have changed the precise circumstances, but as Angela, Hiro, and Magical African Minority Man can attest, the future is still looking dark and dreary.

Speaking of Hiro, he's being ridiculous with Ando. Ando tosses out a few good explanations for what Hiro saw in the future, but Hiro is being rather stubborn with his own interpretation. Will it ever occur to him that his distrustful attitude might be the main reason why Ando eventually turns on him? It's a fairly old story, after all.

Still confusing, however, is this business with "Tracy". Not only does she claim not to be Nikki (or Jessica, for that matter), but she also has this unexpected freezing power. That power seemed to be a bit of a shock to her as well, actually, which just adds to the confusion. The mystery is more annoying than intriguing, so the writers might want to shed light on this sooner rather than later.

That would certainly fit into the theme of "unintended consequences", like much of this episode. Then again, the writers usually manage to throw some twists and turns in each arc, so the truth will likely be more complex. Whatever the case, this episode was a modest improvement on the premiere, and I can only hope that trend continues.
  • An exciting adventure filled with talking turtles, exploding ladies and mistaken identities.

1. Maya and Mohinder were sizzling in this one, that's what I'm talking about! He was hot coming down from that ceiling, that's some awesome stuff right there plus he's turning into some kind of monster? I'm game.

2. Angela Petrelli is such a dislikeable character, what she did to Elle, how she treats her future son… Future Peter was a bit clichéd in this one, it's like they don't know exactly in what direction they want to take him.

3. Claire, doesn't feel human anymore, bu-hu… Now, I wont say I didn't enjoy the video/train scene taking her back to her teenage angst and who-am-I spiel, I mean that's as good as she gets, I just think she's a bit, you know, boring. But clearly her brain rape is a very important plot point so I guess she'll be around. A lot. Again.

4. Nicky in new costume isn't interesting at all, as expected. Really, truly, I could not care less. Now, don't get me wrong, the freezing thing was pretty cool, but other than that it's pretty blah. Plus did she really have to drive it in that she's not a prostitute this time around?

5. Linderman is 6! You better be doing something new with this one because if Linderman starts pretending he's an angel of God well… Just don't go there, please.

6. Hiro is worrying me with this new behaviour, maybe he's the future villain? Also, Peter in Francis Capra's body! Awesome!

7. New arrivals etc… Kirsten is back as Elle, and she exploded, cool! Though the return of Claire's birth mom was just horribly creepy… Mystical I-paint-the-future African guy was cool though, especially when we thought he was a turtle.

8. The agents trying to capture Sylar shot from the car was tres fab, especially the music. But Angela Petrelli is Sylars mother? Give me a break silly plot twist, I will pretend it was just a dream if you will!

For more reviews see http://nerdvana-annihilation.blogspot.com/
  • Nice improvement over the premiere.

I liked this episode, but there were certain plot points that are still really weak. Especially Hiro's "quest" or whatever. It's just not intriguing at all. Same goes for Mohinder. How can such a smart man be so friggin STUPID????

Ok, but lets put that aside, it was a good episode. Loved the start, the way the villains escaped was brilliant, really suspensful. I really liked Elle this episode , but what a shame they killed Bob. ALREADY! Bascially with him, season 2 died. Season 2 is now basically non existant, and you can ignore it. One thing I'm glad about is how they tricked us into thinking Linderman's back. I was happy that he turned out to be a vision for Nathan. Speaking of which.. Nikki.. or Tracey... whatever.... wow. So I didn't see that ice thingy coming and it was disturbing. However, It's getting really annoying that everyone seems to have powers. It's just not special anymore.

Claire... /ignore . Not much happened. Her mother just can't excite me.

Noah... hell yea. I can't wait to see him kick some villain butt. The ending, I can't say much. If Angela is really Sylar's mother, then, none can deny that a big part of Heroes is soap opera.

Overall,

+ Elle
    + Noah
    + Level 5
    + Peter/Jessie twist

- Hiro
    - Claire
    - Mohinder
  • Thank you turtle, you saved my life. That was the best part, not that the episode itself wasn't great, but that part had me rolling. And ya know for a second I thought Matt was actually reading the turtles thoughts.

Angela has dreams of the future, visions of the future. Nathan see's dead people...maybe, possibly. There's something more happening with the virus thing from last season, though they don't go into to much detail. Future Peter is running around fixing things, messing things up, changing tons of stuff, putting Matt in Africa (for some reason) and shooting his brother. Peter Peter, the one from this time line, is in the body of a baddie thanks to...himself. We got a glimpse of Adam, with a slew of other villains, attacking some of our beloved heroes. Werid part, Nikki was among them...the villains that is. Speaking of Nik she thinks or is someone else (not to clear on that). Tracey, an ice princess. Literally. Can't wait to see how that is explained. I jumped back when she revealed her shiny new power, I mean where the heck did she get that?

New powers are going around, Mohinder through his own scientific skill pulled out a whopper of a power out of his...syringe. He's hulking out in a big way but it looks like there's going to be some side effects, no not a brand new smoking hot relationship with the always charming Maya, but some not so pleasant side effects. Hiro met his match but more importantly saw something very interesting, not only some serious badness going down in NYC (again) but Ando killing him with...get this a power! Courtesy of our friendly neighborhood cheerleader who, when she wasn't nearly getting run over by trains or trying to shoot Peter in the future, was getting her head sliced off by Sylar finally giving us a glimpse into what he actually does to peoples brains. Thanks goodness he doesn't eat them, that's disgusting. It still isn't exactly clear what he does but they'll get there I'm sure...it's not like they won't have time now. With Claire's power he can heal now but he will also live forever (unless there is something we don't know yet). At last count that's four now. Adam, Claire, Peter and now Sylar. Sidebar, loved the change in their dynamic. In the past when ever Sylar and Claire encountered one another it was very villain vs innocent unable to defend herself girl and while that's still the case, it's not all fear and tremendously dramatic backround music. They talked, they probably had what passes for a normal conversation by most standards, before and after he was poking around in her brain. And surprise, surprise he didn't kill her. Sylar may be a big time villain but the lad has brains too. No pun intended.

But the big whopper of the episode, the moment many of us had suspected for some time now has come. Our own suspicion inducing Angela Petrelli, mother to Nathan and Peter, is Sylar's biological mother. And you thought Peter and Nathan had some brotherly rivalry! I KNEW IT! Just let that role around in your head for awhile, Sylar is Peter's big brother. Sylar's is Claire's...uncle. Excellent twist, man is Peter going to lose it when he finds out. In a weird way it makes sense though, Peter and Sylar have similar powers. I've said it before and I'll say it again they are two sides of the same coin, guess that really applies now. Or if you look at it another way. Peter is like the ultimate example of what good people do with their powers, even if they start out with good intentions but mess things up by accident. Nathan is kind of like the grey area that each person with powers faces, mistakes they make, choices that they regret. And Sylar is like the ultimate in evil, wrong and bad these ordinary people with extraordinary abilities can be. The three paths each person with an ability has possibility to take, all in one horrible-y dysfunctional family. Excellent, excellent twist!

There's also one mysterious thing and though it's really only mentioned in passing I think it might have some big relevance, just going by a future episode title, what is this light that was mentioned? I want to know.

I missed the epic feel this show gives, even when it has an episode that's not all fantastic and wonderful it still works somehow.
  • Another good episode delving into the consequences of Future Peter's intervention of the past.

As mentioned Future Peter, unlike Future Hiro, didn't consider that altering the past to keep Nathan from coming out would lead to such devastating consequences. Because of what he did, Sylar obtained Claire's power and almost a dozen major captives with dangerous powers were set free. In all likelihood the future Future Peter's created is far worse than the one he tried to stop in the first place. After all, wouldn't he disappear if the dark future was averted, negating his reason for being there? Of course it isn't until after that he begins to craft a time line like Future Hiro did in Isaac's loft (guess Peter hasn't gotten much smarter in the interim four years).

This alternate timeline is brought up in Matt's trek in Africa, where a man named Usutu (played by Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, who was cut from the original pilot playing a different character) tells him that the future he saw is now contradicted by Matt being there. He can serve much like Isaac did down to the painting, only this time Usutu is far better aware of the details of his visions (like names). Of course it isn't a coincidence that his painting of a world breaking along a line similar to the Symbol is on a rock in Africa as well as a pier in New York City, but how exactly did that happen?

Mohinder is also seeing repercussions in his research. While at first he becomes basically Spider-Man without the webbing, it turns out there is no free lunch as his skin begins to peel off in chunks. His behavior is far more aggressive and primal throughout the episode, which may indicate the serum is making him more like an animal.

Towards the end of season two, Elle realized how exploited and poorly treated she was her whole life, especially compared to Claire. She's needed validation and in that selfish pursuit, became a hero by saving Mohinder, Maya and Molly (alliteration!) from Sylar. It seemed like that would've been the rest of her arc had the season continued (Kristen Bell was signed for more episodes than Heroes produced last season). Here, it seems like they are continuing that, as Bob reprimands her for letting Sylar get away, and for good reason as we see later in the episode, then as Angela fires her as she lost her protection in The Company. She's been trying to prove herself, and maybe will find an outlet for that finding the escaped villains alone, or with Bennet.

During her attack, Claire remarked that she felt no pain. Afterwards she spends the episode in a state of shock, unable to feel anything and wondering what that means. As she's mentioned, she felt pain, even if it was momentary as the wounds quickly healed. The shutting down of her nerves could be psychological, but maybe Sylar, knowing how the brain operates, flipped a switch inside her brain to turn it off as a way of further manipulation, or to keep her from screaming.

Tracy's story begins to take shape with the obvious follow up of her resembling Niki. Nathan mentions it and in a nice call back, the investigating journalist uncovered the surveillance footage of Jessica and Nathan as well as Niki's website. While we've been lead to assume they're the same person, Tracy freezing the journalist is enough proof for us to assume that they are two different people. The two main theories are that either Tracy is the real Jessica, who didn't die as believed and has a power and multiple personalities like her sister or that Tracy is a clone. I'd rather believe the former, as the latter may be rejected by the audience as a little too much.

With his resources, Hiro identifies the Speedster as Daphne, a woman living in Paris with a lot of expensive junk and no place to put it. Hiro's plan to trade one of her prized medals for the formula reveals the rift beginning between himself and Ando. Of course, seeing a vision of your friend electrocuting you is going to lead to some awkwardness. While it may be easy to say Hiro isn't being fair, the extremity of the vision is enough to explain it. It doesn't justify telling Ando that he went bad. The scene is clearly ambiguous as to which one turned, but Hiro can't be unbiased.

However, Hiro still stands by his friend when Daphne threatens Ando at knifepoint, knowing he has a way around Daphne's super speed making her difficult to locate. Hiro's smart enough to place a tracking device on it, leading them to her location somewhere in Germany. There are plenty of intriguing elements to this, such as who is Daphne's boss, does he/she have the other half and why are they interested in getting it (not to mention Why Germany?)

If the premiere is an indicator, Angela is going to be a huge player in this volume (Cristine Rose has been promoted to series regular). All the major threats so far have stemmed from what Angela and her eleven associates did thirty years prior, but this time Angela's taking a more active role earlier in the game. She finally reveals her power: precognitive dreaming which was Peter's first absorbed power, and makes a power play by trying to put Sylar under her thumb.

Angela's dream is rather graphic, a return to the more grisly imagery of the series' early episodes, where all our heroes are torn apart so much so that not even Peter can recover. In it the rogue gallery includes Knox, an awake Maury Parkman, an unburied Adam and an undetermined character played by Ali Larter. Since both major villains from season two weren't killed off, they must've computed that in anticipation for this.

An interesting theory stemming from Maury's cameo is that he is influencing Nathan by showing Linderman to him only. It shouldn't be a big surprise that Linderman has been an illusion all along, but why and how considering when we last saw him? The Maury theory may be the strongest to date, but it still doesn't explain how Nathan was able to heal from who should've been two fatal gunshot wounds.

There are some questions about Peter's predicament in Jesse's body that will likely be answered soon. What happened to the real Jesse? Did he get "hollowed out" and Peter was thrown in? Do Peter's powers still work and is he collecting the powers of the escapees with him?

There is one major problem with the rogue gallery: "The German" who can control magnetic fields. Seriously? I'm admittedly not well-versed in comics but even I know that's obviously too close to X-Men's Magneto.

And why did they let the pyrokinetic guy burn a woman to death not two yards away from the gas pump? One flame gets too close and they get in the worst gas pump explosion since Zoolander.

The other problem I have is with the reveal that Angela is Sylar's real mother. The secret twist familial relationship has been done so many times, especially in soaps, that for it not to induce eye rolling they need to earn it. A great recent example of one that did is the first season of Dexter, which used a shocking family connection effectively since it was hinted at and alluded to throughout the first season and makes sense when rewatching those episodes. This almost sounds like fan fiction. However, they could easily make up for that shortcoming, like if this is Angela's attempt to manipulate Sylar, since physical torture isn't going to do much now.

Bennet ends the episode with a new mission: to bag and tag the eleven other escapees again. Unfortunately Bennet had little to do in this premiere, which is strange considering he's one of the series' best assets. However, Bennet is on a mission and out to punish someone who hurt Claire, and when is that not entertaining?

Regardless of the nitpicks, this premiere was a solid effort and this one improved upon the first hour. Yes there are plenty of plot holes (as I've mentioned), but this felt as fun as an average first season episode and that's a good indicator. The ratings, unfortunately, were down, but if the episodes maintain and eventually improve on this quality, Heroes could get its buzz back.
  • Mohinder-man Mohinder-man does whatever...

All right I don't know what Mohinder is morphing into after injecting himself with the Serum but at first it was spiderman but by the end your thinking that it could actually be Cronenberg's 'The Fly'. Serves himself right throwing caution to the wind - if he really wanted to win the Noble Prize he would have come up with a cure beforehand. You can tell I've been watching QI - sorry, I shouldn't be plugging other shows.

Sticking with Spiderman references you have Sylar walking down the street like that awful scene from Spiderman 3 as well. Unlike that spidey scene I actually found the reference very funny though.

With the speed that the first episode went this season we get a continuation of the pace and characterisation. This is good and the mood with Hiro back to his old cheery self and on an adventure to stop the spedster is great. I honestly miss Micah a little and with a Nicki Sanders lookalike about in the form of Tracey Strauss he is bound to show up sooner or later. With Nicki I don't know what's happening, maybe the explosion made manifest all her alter-egos but most likely that's not the case as Tracey Strauss seems to have been with President Sheridan, sorry I mean Governer Malden, for a while. Definitely creates something intriguing as we know she is literally an Ice Queen. I also like the fact that Nathan is back to working as he now has a grounding again but who didn't see the twist with Linderman. Matt Parkman becomes an interesting character again here as he treks across the desert (which he has been dumped in by future Peter) and we have the funny joke of him talking to a tortoise, well he thinks he is talking to the tortoise. Like Nathan this guy needs a bit of grounding, something he lost when he split from his job and his wife. Looks like the African desert might help.

We now have Level 5 bad guys escaped, I wonder if Peter will stop them somehow being trapped in one of their bodies. Also I literally cheered when Bob showed up dead. I disliked the character and the actor was in my opinion totally miscast, the only good thing that came from him is Elle. Don't like the final twist with Angela and Sylar though, please don't be true.
  • Good momentum, sloppy in the details.

The season premiere episodes have moved the overall plot along at a brisk pace, I'll give them that. Some of the things that happened in these episodes, like Sylar's confrontation with Claire, felt like the sorts of things that would normally be reserved for sweeps months.

While I applaud the show's creators for moving things along, I have a few gripes about the logic of the powers on display. Speedsters are horribly difficult to write properly, and it's no different here as the new French gamine Daphne inexplicably goes from frozen-in-place to moving at normal speed in Hiro's time-stop field. It's all about the reveal, I guess. Even worse is Future-Peter's negligent usage of his time-travel powers. He arrives at Level 5 after all the prisoners have escaped, and his reaction is what? "Oh noes, I need to fix this, but without using my time-travel powers?" If he really cared about the titular "Butterfly Effect," that would make sense, but he doesn't, and so we have a character with godlike powers and no restraint behaving in a way that makes no sense except in service to the plot. It's really, really hard to write stories about characters like Hiro and Peter, but I don't think it's too much to ask that anyone aspiring to add this kind of character to a story because of the "cool" factor be obligated to put in the mental gymnastics to *make*it*all*make*sense. Yeah, it's hard. Deal with it or don't use it. Geez.

OK, rant over.

But I'm willing to see where all this goes, and I did enjoy watching (most) of it.
  • A massive season opener.

I sat down to watch the new episodes with great antipation, hoping that we would be given some great new snippets of information to help bring it all together a bit more.

Unfortunately I was left wanting with nothing but a ridiculous pile of questions about what's going on. I couldn't help but feel that the story was a bit all of the place and asked too many questions is too many sections of the story for me to keep up with.

It may turn out that all the new developments are really intriguing but it just felt far to complicated for a season opener to me.

At the very least I hope this show doesn't turn into "The Young And The Restless" where the whole cast repeatedly dies and comes back to life seemingly without reason. This week just off the top of my head Nathan died/came back, Lindeman has returned from the dead, Sylar is apparently not dead (although I think we all expected that).

Either way I still love my Heroes and look foward to seeing where it's going to take us next.
  • The first episode of the series wasn't exactly great but at least with this episode the third season turns a little bit more interesting.

So the first episode was kind of not that great. Future Peter makes a bonehead decision (probably better not to travel to the future? or use future storylines again) and shoots Nathan so he won't let their secret out. Now the one problem with this is that Peter has time travel abilities so why would he have to shoot Nathan? That's probably what the creators should have thought of before they made Peter Petrelli nearly invincible. Then there's Nathan who turns more spiritual and becomes a congressmen again and starts to pretend he's seeing Linderman. A talented villain wasted at the hand of one blow from D.L. To make matters worse, apparently Nikki is back as Traci who is an governor's assistant or something. Not really interesting, I think she should have been killed off last season. Bringing her back was not such a good idea. Then there's Super Mohinder who has a little thing with Maya and notices that he's beginning to change. I guess the Good doc made a bad decision? Claire's character gets more mature after having Sylar take her powers. Well HRG is pretty silent throughout the episode with very little to do which is kind of disappointing because Jack Coleman is a really good actor who deserves to be doing something better then this. So let's get back to the series shall we? Well apparently Sylar goes after Bob and tries to steal Elle's power and he does he gets a blast of lightning that knocks him out. Well the shock triggered a series of Heroes to escape from Level 5 and HRG tries to track them down. The episode ends with Sylar finding out that Mrs. Petrelli might be his real mother. I must admit that Heroes is in need of real writers, no Mr. Kring you aren't a really good writer and that's perhaps why this show seems to be suffering since it's Season 1 inception. I mean the idea in the beginning seemed good but by now shouldn't they be saving people instead of standing around and wasting time? The writing is poor and the drama is very week in the series, not to mention the action is very stale. Seriously one punch knockouts? This episode was interesting but Heroes still has a long way to dig out the hole they've set themselves in. The best thing at this point is hire a really good writer! and I'm sure the show will improve.
  • Sylar launches an attack on the company, releasing many villains, Claire discovers something new about her powers, Tracy unearths a hidden secret, Hiro and Ando follow the speedster to Paris, while Mohinder reveals his new abilities to Maya.

In order of the most interesting storylines I would place Tracy's first, the company's second, Hiro's third, Claire's fourth and Mohinder's last.

Tracy's was the most interesting because, firstly, I found myself wondering who the hell this girl actually was, ('Is it Nikki? Nikki's split personality Jessica going by a new name? Or perhaps the witchy Gina?) which is always fun. Secondly Tracy displays an incredible power, freezing, similar to one of Sylar's many abilities which he lost in season 2, due to the effects of the Shanti virus.

The scene where she freezes the skanky reporter was amazing (the whole episode was worth watching just for that). With this character and her power, we will hopefully be able to witness many more of Tracy's ice attacks, which, so far, has been one of the greatest effects ever achieved on Heroes.

Next up there is Sylar's attack on the company.

The best thing about this storyline was that the great Kristen Bell made a brief appearance as Elle, and also that amazing ability of hers… Elle's character is the most human, I find, with a very interesting back-story that explains why she is the way she is. Let's hope that she returns later on in the series, she's such a great character.

After killing Elle's father, Sylar attacks Noah and then tries to steal Elle's ability; the pain sends Elle's ability spiralling out of control, unleashing a powerful electrical shockwave knocking out Sylar and disabling the power grid on Level 5, letting the villains loose…

The whole of this scene was very short, quick and snappy.This is what made it work so well, less is more. The whole sequence lasted for no less than a couple of minutes, in which I was transfixed to the screen.

After Elle releases a burst of electricity, the camera pans to a dramatic close up of her face, full of panic and confusion, Elle looks helplessly on as the Villains flee, the alarm booming in her ears…This scene was superbly acted and atmospheric, setting the events for the main story ark of Volume 3 in motion.

A couple of moments later we are in Paris with Ando and Hiro. As usual their storyline was fun and full of great humour, providing us with a more relaxing, lighthearted story amidst all the chaos of this episode.

Meanwhile, Claire has dicovered that she can't feel pain after her attack, allowing us to have a snippet of that brilliant Shankar, in a scene where Claire emotionally declares to Sandra that 'pain was the only thing that made her feel human'. This extent of her ability is an interesting development, opening many doors for her character, who can now do almost anything…and let's not forget the most welcomed return of Meredith. It was a great disappointment that we only got to see Claire's Biological Mother for only two episodes in Season 1, she was such a intriguing character. Bringing her back was a great decision.

Lastly we come to the least entertaining story, Mohinder's, in which he begins to mutate. Hmmm…remind you of anything, a crazy scientist tries out his latest invention and his skin starts to drop off…this a complete rip off of 'The Fly' and is painfully ridiculous.

Well, all things considered, 'The Butterfly Effect' has been a very good episode, apart from Mohinder's obscene storyline. This, however, is the one and only bad side of 'The Butterfly Effect'.
  • Better than the first.

This episode was definetely better than the first but there is a long way till it gets like the first episodes of heroes, i think somewhere along the second season they got kinda lost and the episodes stopped being so great like they were before.
    That whole Claire/Sylar scene was not necessarie since we all know he is scary and likes to pray on people like that.
    Im hating the whole Mohynder story, and i always hated Maya, so they both together makes me very irritated.
    I'm glad there are new "heroes", and i loved that bold guy from Veronica Mars, must be fun for him and Kristin Bell to work together again.
    Hoping better eppys.
  • Painting the future

Heroes' season opener was a scruffy dollop of paint. But in this second episode, writer and series creator Tim Kring gets out a straw and starts blowing threads of paint across the canvas. And in what delicious directions the paint flows: the reveal that /only/ Nathan Petrelli can see Linderman; the new Ali Larter character and her CGI-heavy power; the Hiro/Ando/Daphne tryst; the side effects of Mohinder’s drug; and the African encounter between Parkman and a future-painting shaman. Throw in the revelation that Sylar is actually a Petrelli (he does look like the brothers) and suddenly the paint's colour becomes discernible.

Am I sold? Not quite yet. The writers have a lot of rebuilding ahead. And from what I caught of Heroes Unmasked, there's a chance they'll overdo the action and the effects and underdo the unravelling mystery. But I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode.
  • Not the best Heroes episode I've seen, but definitely better than the entire season 2 combined.

In this second hour of the premiere, the stage has been set for what seems to be a pretty good season. Meredith comes back, level 5 villains breakout, and Angela reveals that she's Sylar's real mother. Ok, on with my critique:

Saves the day (pros):
    I really enjoy the fact that Hiro has came back to his comic-relief roots, and to be frank, he is hands down the best character in the series. Moreover, I enjoy seeing the conflict Present Peter is facing inside a level 5 prisoner's body. With such conflicts, the show can truly be smart fun again. Also, Sylar has became an awesome villain again and newcomers Daphne and Tracy have really set the bar high on new characters. Also, Mohinder's new powers are trippy and its fun to see a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde style backstory on his character. Finally, there's no West in sight, which is just awesome.

Ruins the Party (cons):
    Some scenes were a little too weird, such as when Matt is in Africa and thinks a turtle is talking to him (?). There's also a little bit of ambiguities, such as how HRG landed on Level 5 or if Future Peter really is an anti-hero or a villain. Finally, I have no idea how the writers came up with the line "You should've gotten Sprint." All in all though, just because this episode was not as good as Season 1 does not mean it is worse than season two. So despite it's flaws...

Bottom Line:
    I'm honored to say Heroes is back in business.
  • Nice Start to a season

I thought that this episode was a nice start to a new season and it has me looking forward to next weeks episode. This episode is setting up a lot of things for the rest of this season. i liked the Hiro and Ando storyline with them chasing Daphne, a new character who is a speedster. This looks like it will be a good storyline for the rest of the volume. I also liked the short introduction to the new characters who are the villains. It will be interesting seeing what they are able to do and if they can be stopped. I also enjoyed the new addition that was added to the Niki character. It seems like she has developed a new personality that has her own superpower. I can't wait to see what this will bring, along with the Mohinder storyline. Overall this episode was a great one and I can't wait to see the rest of the season.
  • Slow down...

The problem with the beginning of this season is the fact that it wants to say so many things.Many new storylines,many new characters.Come on people,you have a whole season to evolve things and plots,slow down a bit,it gets confusing.The butterfly effect was not a surprise at all,it was a matter of time to happen, with all the time travels...I like the introduction of so many new powers but I feel I had no time to absorb all the new inclusions.I'm a fan of quick paced shows but there is a limit in how fast the pace can be.Also what on earth happened to Mohinder??Has he lost his mind during the summer?His actions are not consistent with the evolution of his character during the previous seasons.I have to wait and see where this is going...Finally,it's great to have Dania and Kristen to the show ;)
  • Character Development

We learn early in this ep that Claire isn't feeling pain anymore, this one stands in front of an oncoming train cue Future Peter who swoops in, grabs her and proceeds to give her a stern talking to about how the slightest mistake can change everything.

Nathan decides to take this senators position offered by Niki/Tracy who ever see is. Tracy is being been chased by a reporter who has footage of her with Nathan making out, she lashes out at him turning into Ice. Elsewhere Mohinder got all Spider-Man in his loft and got some sweet Mexican action. Things went less well later on, when he went to the bathroom, took a look in the mirror and his skin started peeling off. Hiro and Ando track the hot thief to France, Sylar gets rid off Bob for good. He takes out Noah and Elle with ease, but somehow her electro powers saves the day. And the big revelation came in at the end as Angela revealed to Sylar that she's her son, Creepy!
  • The new season starts very well and altough somethings just don't make sense, screw it, it's Heroes!

First of let me say that this review is for both episodes (The Second Coming and The Butterfly Effect), because I've seen them together so is hard to think of them apart.

Let's recap: 'Future' Peter came back to the past to shoot his own brother to stop him from telling the world that there is ordinary people with extraordinary abilities, or something like that. Wouldn't it be easier to come back let's say 15 minutes earlier, before the press conference, and just explain to his brother why he shouldn't tell everyone he could fly, rather then trying to kill his own freaking brother? And how the hell did he manage to put 'present' Peter inside that other dude? I mean I give you that 'future' Peter is more powerful than God Himself, but shouldn't the 'present' Peter's abilities absorb all of his future power's and manage to not get stuck inside that guy that we conveniently 'don't wanna know what he is able to do'?

How about Lindeman? Back from the dead and haunting Nathan, who turned out to be a religious freak. How the hell a ghost (or Nathan's imagination, I'm not sure yet) could have cured him?

Meanwhile Sylar finally gets to Clair and brainrapes her to get her abilities. But after he let her live saying that she is special and she can't die... But I think that if he did a 'Will it blend?' skit with her head she would be very much dead!

Hiro get's himself and his sidekick in a mess for being a child about everything... again!
    And we found out that Hiro can't actually stop time just really slow it down to a point where that super-speed chick move around like a regular person. Oh my god! How a guy that helped save the world twice, including one time when he put a freaking sword trough one powerful son of a b**** could face a regular girl? Oh yeah... he gets punched in the face...
    Now, the thing that really bothers me is that although he can't actually stop time he can still reverse it! He was doing exactly that when Ando first came in to his office, he was playing back and forward with time just to get by the day! So why the hell didn't he just reversed the time when the formula was stolen to before he opened the safe?
    By the way... Dude! Did Ando just do a hadouken on Hiro?

Nikki... I mean Jessica... I mean Tracy... Tracy!? Who the hell is Tracy!? Apparently Ali Larter made a pact with the Devil and can't be cut off the show, so let's give her a brand new character with the brand new ability of freeze things (oh... Sylar could do that in the first season? Well, if you don't use it you loose it, so sorry Sylar, freezing is Ali's thing now). The only good thing about that crazy plot twist is that apparently Miccah was written off the show!

Sylar is revealed to be Angela's Petrelli son and therefore Peter and Nathan's brother. I guess that makes sense, he had to be part of the most dysfunctional family on TV to be that screw up. [cliché alert: who else thinks that at some point we will find out that Sylar and Peter are twins?]

Mohinder got laid and still found time to develop the 'super soldier serum' and of course he tries it on himself gaining the ability to turn himself into Jeff Goldblum in 'The Fly'.

Parkman is lost in the desert. Man, that guy is a huge douchebag.

And apparently Isaac Mendes is now black.
  • The Peters are starting to get to be a little bit confusing, don't you think?

"The Butterfly Effect" was good, but falters slightly from the episode preceeding it. Hiro devises a plan with Ando to get the half of the paper back, Sylar takes a visit to Level 5 (and gets more than he bargained for), Mohinder finds that his superpowers may not be good, and Tracy (who was Nikki/Jessica) makes a deal with Nathan.

The episode slows down a bit from the first hour. Although this may be true, I don't doubt for a second that this season will be amazing. Unfortunately, the creators have made a bad decision to bring a new character (Jesse) into the picture, but its a good thing his character is very low key at the moment. I look forward to the rest of this action packed season.
< 1 2 3