Heroes

The Eclipse: Part 1

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 24, 2008 on NBC

• Every episode keeps getting better!!

I've been waiting for this episode ever since I saw the promo on youtube. I mean every Hero's power are lost. That's just crazy but I like it. And Why are those critics bad mouthing this show. This and Supernatural and Prison Break is the best shows right now. Peter has changed so much during these 3 seasons. The first he was kind and cared about people. The seacond season he didn't know who he was, good or bad. The third his gone good but How long will it last and when will he turn to future Peter. HURRY HEROES!
  • An excellent episode:

This was a brilliant episode. Watching the heroes lose their powers and having to deal with being like every one of us. When Sylar and Elle were fighting Noah, the expression on both their faces when they found out they were without power was priceless. That is another thing I love about the show. The way they add dark comedy into it. Peter and Nathan were at odds. I love seeing the sibling rivalry. Nathan who feels he is his own man is pointed out by Peter that he is a puppet controlled by his father. I sensed a fight about to erupt. Lucky the Haitian shows up. Mohinder Suresh goes into a cocoon and comes out normal the way he use to be, but for how long?

When Matt finds Daphne he sees her the was she really is. What a perfect way for Arthur to control her and make her do his bidding.

Finally there is Clair. She is shot. Next week she is being brought to the hospital. Will she die? I doubt it. I personally fell that as she is about to die their powers will come back (as with the other heroes) and she will be able to regenerate. That is my feeling on the situation. I looking forward to next Monday to see if I am right.

To me, this is another brilliant episode by Tim Kring. I can see why so many people are hooked on Heroes.
  • How can all of you not like this episode!

This episode was amazing, the best so far. Heroes are starting to connect a lot more, the comedy is improving, and the writers are back on a structured story! I don't know why tonights episode was so entertaining. Was it the constant shift of set or just the story that amazed me? I know that Claire isn't going to die but I love how she finally feels pain! And the preview for the next episode. Wow! Molhinders story is somehow growing on me even though I dislike it and so is Hiro's. Seth Green on the Eclipse Pt 2? Cool!
  • The dark eclipse plays havoc with the heroes' powers. Arthur orders Elle and Sylar to bring in Claire. Hiro, Ando, and Matt follow Daphne to her hometown to learn what hold Arthur has on her, and Peter and Nathan travel to the Haitian's for help stop.

Love this episode I think it was funny specially Hero parts. Sad for Daphne, hope she gets better. Peter and Nathan fall was crazy lucky they found water. Tracy is not a Villain after all which is good. Ellen and Sylar changing their mind back and forth are making me mad. It was sweet of Claire to save her dad. Angela's I love her she quite and know what she doing. The Haitian finally talking looking great and a good Hero always trying to help I think this episode was too short but again I love Heroes and I always want more.
  • this episode was badass on so many levels

This episode was awesome. My personal favorite was that they had a good amount of everyone in the episode. Peter,sylar,and hiro (my 3 favorites) all had good screen time. And They actually brought Noah Bennett back this time to kick some ass and he did just that. Sylar without his powers got his ass kicked by noah. And elle got a nice swipe across the face. It was cool to see how everyone became normal again.. i was wondering if mohinder would also return. It will be interesting to see how peter and the haitin.. (2 of the more powerful abilities) try to save nathan and stop his brother. Im personally looking forward to seeing what will become of hiro,ando and seth greens character. If people were dissapointed with heroes earlier this season this episode should change that. I think they are getting better and better! The only thing that sucks is in a couple more episodes we have to take that mid-season break which we all hate waiting for :(
  • I loved it! :)

This episode is great!
    Hiro makes me laugh so hard! He was so funny when he needed to go to Matt's bathroom. I'm so sorry for Daphne. When I saw her in those things around her legs, I felt so sad. :( There's a graphic novel about her, it's great too!
    So, the eclipse came and took everyone's abilities. Nathan is captured by the Haitian's brother. Peter escaped with the Haitian.
    Claire is dangerously injured. I hope she'll be alright.
    Sylar and Elle kissed! That was so great! They are so cute and adorable together! But Bennet is trying to kill them. I hope he doesn't do that.
    The trailers for the next episode are great!
    Can't wait for the next episode! :)
  • The Eclipse comes and takes away everyone's powers, Peter and Nathan travel to Haiti to find the Haitian to help stop Arthur, Sylar and Elle team up to capture Claire, Matt travels to Kansas with Hiro and Ando to find out what's wrong with Daphne.

I LOVE this episode, it was exactly what I needed to satisfy my Heroes craving, I thought everything was perfect ('cept the whole Elle shooting Claire part, not cool) but other than that I loved it. Sylar and Elle kissing sent goosebumps down my arm, seeing Daphne in those crutches broke my heart a little but it made me like her character even more, and Hiro's still his adorable self (Even if he is mentally 10 years old). I'm hoping something dramatic happenes next, but I hope Claire lives! I'm on the edge, I can't watch for the season finale!
  • An eclipse gave them abilities, an eclipse took them away.

The end game for volume 3 starts with a bang as the heroes realize that, just like the moon to the tide, their powers are bound to the same phenomenon that manifested them. At the exact same time that Peter & Nathan can no longer fly, Claire can no longer heal and Mohinder seeks shelter in a cocoon he made for himself, Elle & Sylar discover how much they really do know one another as Matt and Daphne discover exactly how much they really don't once her power is revealed to be the one thing that helped her walk and his espirit walk completely irrelevant as to why he fell in love with her.

Of course the bad guy's powers are also as useless as theirs are, Hiro still believes he's a 10 year old and Noah is about to shoot Elle & Sylar but Claire is bleeding to death and neither Peter or Nathan are able to help for as powerful as they might have been this global event just remind them how small they truly are.
  • I've been a loyal fan from the beginning and heroes is in fact the first TV show that I have ever loyally watched on TV. This episode begins to reveal how the eclipse gave the heroes powers and now the eclipse can take them away as well.

The pictures of the eclipse have been threaded through all the episodes and seasons and now we finally start to understand the significance. The first eclipse gave the heroes their powers and now the second eclipse has taken them away. We now get a glimpse of the Hatian's brother, who Peter, Nathan, and the Hatian are now trying to stop. As the heroes begin to lose their powers, I found Daphne's situation the most revealing; in fact it was a bit of a surprise to learn her condition before she gained her powers.

A lot happens in this episode, and all the heroes becoming normal people again is an interesting plot twist. I believe this show had a major lull in season two, but I think it's making a comeback with episodes like this.

This is by far my favorite series on TV, I have heard rumors they may cancel it because it costs 4 million and beyond per episode to produce. I really hope this show goes on for at least a few more seasons, in my opinion it is the best show on TV.
  • A solar eclipse takes away all the heroes' powers. Arthur sends Sylar and Elle to find Claire; Nathan and Peter go to Haiti in search of the Haitian who is looking for a level 5 escapee; Matt, Hiro and Ando go to Kansas in search of Daphne.

It is ironic that the episode where the heroes lose their powers is one of the best of the season and the series as a whole. This episode gets back to what makes Heroes great - characters and their relationships. There is some action and a few doses of comedy, but this episode is strongly character driven. Ordinary people dealing with life issues. We get wonderful moments between the Petrelli brothers; Claire and Noah; Matt and Daphne; and Sylar and Elle.

And the plot development is clear, succinct and intelligent. It was nice to have a change of scenery with the storyline in Haiti, and any international location helps the show feel more global. Let's hope they keep up the good work for The Eclipse Part Two and the remaining two episodes in the volume.
  • Finally, a return to a surprising and unpredictable Heroes

Even I have to admit, even Heroes has been. . .predictable lately. That all changes tonight. In a wonderful change of pace, there is a return to the surprising and unpredictable Heroes, where twisty revelations wait lurking in the corner. The episode breathes. And best of all, it puts the care back in the characters. The eclipse looms on the horizon and everyone from Pinehearst to Primatech preparing for battle with the other knows it. Even powerful Arthur is afraid of the eclipse. He pours page after page of visions, looking for answers, and he gets one he really won't like: Claire being held in Noah's arms, dying. Since she's supposed to be the catalyst, that doesn't sit well. He orders Sylar to go after Claire and Elle tags along. She wants to help Sylar and she's the one that finally confronts Sylar about how he's been yanked around this season and it's time to make a choice. Poor Sylar doesn't know which choice to make. A set-up by Elle to force a decision out of him makes a funny quirk how Sylar hates heroes. After all he's been through, yeah. Daphne and Matt are tasked to find Hiro but Hiro finds them, or rather, Ando did since Hiro's still "ten", following Issac's comics. Daphne acts spooked about facing Arthur over what he will take away from her, scared that Matt is hesitant about trusting her, and rather than fight, she flees to her home in Kansas. Matt, Ando, and Hiro follow her right during the eclipse. At Pinehearst, Mohinder is going through a rapid change into the ugly bug/lizard shown in the future but his change stopped during the eclipse. Part of me wanted to see the full change. Claire is ordered to hide with Noah but Claire is still mad over what happened with vortex guy and pissed she can't fight. Noah helps her through by teaching her how to fight, the right way, Claire vents how her father keeps leaving the family and Noah rightly reprimends her over being this brat towards him. Sylar and Elle storm in the house, Sylar correctly "guessing" where Noah is and Elle tries her powers, only to realize they're gone. A tense fight results between Sylar, Elle, and Noah, where Noah snaps Sylar's shoulder. Elle tries to shot Noah but Claire steps in, taking the bullet for her "daddy" but she faces the full blow. Noah drags Claire home, leaving Elle and Sylar. Nathan and Peter try to locate the Haitain to fight Arthur, and Nathan is forced to take a crash-landing. Peter finally confronts Nathan about their old brother issues, about how he's tired of being treated like the pesky little brother and how Nathan's been a tool, which Nathan argues over how many times he had to save Peter. Peter's reason is that he's worried about Nathan's future. Nathan reasons they have to get through the present. They find the Haitain but he's fighting his brother Baron who's scared the natives into doing his bidding. Baron's power: indestructable skin. Will have to wait some other time to see it. Unfortunately, Nathan is captured by Baron's troops, Arthur warned Baron his sons were coming, and to kill them, and it looks like Peter has to rescue his brother. Tracey is still negoiating to keep Nathan alive, and she is coldly powerhungry, but Arthur's not much in the mood. Noah returns Claire home to her shocked "mom". Claire is hurt but she's happy she can feel pain again and she forgives Noah. Noah isn't going to be so forgiving to Elle and Sylar. He races out to exact his revenge on both of them and it won't end well. In Kansas, Matt and Hiro reel in shock over losing their powers. Matt meets Daphne's father and tries to ask in but Daphne doesn't want to see him. Daphne's father notes how long Daphne's been gone. Hiro starts to get some of his old self back by helping Matt snap out of his shock and confront Daphne. Ando and Hiro go on their own to find the next comic installment. They reach a Sam's comic store looking for the next comic and they meet Sam and Frack, played by the incomparable and rightly placed Seth Green and Breckin Meyer. I hope they stay awhile in the show. Sam and Frack watch Hiro, amazed he is the same person as in the comic they're reading. Matt finally has the courage to confront Daphne and says he trusts her and finally, he tells her he doesn't care what secret she has, he loves her. Sweet. Daphne finally has the courage to show Matt her secret: she's crippled!!!! Wow. A reinvigorated Mohinder, cured of scales and slime, wants to find Maya to say he's changed and in some cases luckily, Arthur intervenes. He's pissed that he lost his powers and he wants Mohinder to fix it. Mohinder rightly says there's not much he can do but violent Flint assaults Mohinder, threatening worse violence if Mohinder won't cooperate. And finally, Elle and Sylar recover. Elle is still on the path to saving Sylar for nonselfish reasons but Sylar doesn't want to be saved. It's hard to say if he's a villain or a hero now. He's acting some of his old self but with more gentleness. Finally, Sylar and Elle kiss, I really wanted that to happen, right when Noah's placing a hit on them. Meanwhile, Claire's dying, this time maybe for real. There's still plenty of excitement left on Heroes and this episode proves that. It was exciting, thrilling, suspenseful, funny, touching, and unpredictable. That's the Heroes people want. That's the Heroes I love. Hopefully, the rest of the episodes will follow suit. The heroes will get their powers back, it's just a matter of time. It is nice for now to see them be regular human beings and think on their feet. There's only a few episodes left until the midseason finale. Based on this episode, it's bound to be exciting.
  • The Eclipse takes place which affects all the Heroes and Villains. Arthur orders Sylar to capture Claire and Elle joins him. Matt, Hiro, and Ando follow Daphne to Kansas. Nathan and Peter look for the Haitian in Haiti.

After a couple of weeks of filler episodes, it was good to finally get an episode that shows why this series belongs on television. This episode left me wanting more, I'm watching it again tonight on G4. It was cleverly written to show how the beta humans have become accustomed to their powers. Sylar is a perfect example because he couldn't accept the fact that he is now human without his powers. It also allowed Noah to beat him senseless. Matt also couldn't get accustomed to not being able to read minds. Arthur was the most worried about not having his ability, he looked scared the whole time. So much for a strong man.
    The Haitian took it as fate deciding to take away his powers. Mohinder was glad to be back to his normal self. Claire needed her power the most after taking a bullet to the shoulder. Peter needs to regain his powers again and soon. Daphne needs her powers because without them, then she can't walk. That was a nice twist to the character. Can't wait until next week.
  • Chaos Chaos all around !

This season seems to keep getting better every episode.Heroes must use their own survival skills and wait 'til the eclipse is over to regain their missed powers. Although I didn't like how it began Elle's and Sylar's storyline is growing on me as well as Daphne's.Hiro is silly and I am really dissapointed with him this season.Seth Green appears in the picture I hope he brings something to the show and help Hiro regain the strong presence he is missing since last season. Mohinder goes back to normal and try to contact Maya but is quickly stopped by Flint, science can't beat muscle. That's all for now waiting for the second part.
  • Though a transition episode, still, I think, very exceptional.

This episode, to me, feels like a transition episode. Not that that is a bad thing, because I can feel that the transition's going to be good, but it still seemed like a transition episode. It also offered a whole lot of character development, I thought. I thought that the Sylar/Elle storyline kept going on as exceptionally as it has been for the past few weeks. Elle and Sylar are my favorite characters, and seeing them paired up just makes me so happy. Peter is becoming more and more likeable the longer he is without his powers. Mohinder was much better this week than he has been, and I thought that his decision to go and find Maya was perhaps quite underplayed, but it also showed his weakness when Arthur came in, and the strength that Arthur has access to even without his powers.

I thought Nathan's righteous stubbornness was amazingly well played this week, and then Tracy, to me, is slowly becoming like a Jessica character, like the evil counterpart to Nathan. The reintroduction of the Haitian as well as the emotion that was finally injected into his character made me happy; and then, lastly, I'd just like to note that HRG's return as the big, bad, Dad was awesome and that Claire's character development throughout the entire episode was purely amazing. All in all, 9.5 out of 10. Exceptional.
  • So in this episode we see definite sides form as it seems a battle is about to take place.

So in this episode we see definite sides form as it seems a battle is about to take place. Warning spoilers below.

And who else could be at the center of this battle? Well, none other than Claire Bennet, the cheerleader. What I just don't get is why is it always centered around the cheerleader, I guess it all started with "Save the cheerleader save the world" but why her. Maybe because she can never die? But neither could Adam. But I guess by the time people knew about him, he was already bad. Either way, we find out that Claire is wanted by both sides, which doesn't seem to help her out. I have to say, this episode brings up one of the most annoying things about Claire, her constant bickering that she could be more, and not be a victim. For crying out loud girl, wake up, it's so childish and annoying. At least the writers could stop making her character repeat the same wish wash crappy lines she always pulls up. We finally find out the significance of a long going part of the show, the eclipse. I was pretty happy to finally understand why this eclipse has long been a part of the name of the show, I mean it is always their behind the title and a lot of the time shows up during the show. But now we know why. What I couldn't understand is why Elle is trying to turn Sylar bad again, I guess it was possible, but why make him a killer? I guess Elle has always been bad, ever since her father used her for the company, and now that she is free of him, she wants to cause pain. What's crazy about this episode is that everyone loses their powers, and what was the hardest thing to watch was Claire jumping in front of a bullet when she didn't know her powers were gone for the time being as well. I liked the end of the episode, it leaves us watching as Sylar is about to be sniped by Noah, which was a pretty intense place to leave a great episode. I really liked this episode, for once everyone had no powers, and it was cool to see the paintings of the future coming true.
  • The reverse of the Pilot

No wonder this episode is split into two episodes because not a lot happened but there was room for potential to end this tiny story-arc. The ending felt too much like someone would either interrupt Noah or the heroes would get their powers' back! Overall it was entertaining viewing especially this part: Matt: Why don't you just let me inside? (tries to use his abilities)
    Mr. Millbrook: Are you threatening me?
    Matt: Uh, I said... let me in. (tries again to use his abilities)
    Mr. Millbrook: Why are you turning your head sideways? What's your problem, son? LMAO so funny

But is it was also interesting to know "The Speedster" is not so fast without her powers! If you know what I mean...and there's never a dull moment with 10-year old Hiro and the squabbling Petrelli brothers! Look out for the Haitains, boys!
  • The first of a two parter building things up nicely for next episode.

Heroes still seems to divide people between whether they love it or hate it and this episode seems to have split people's opinions just as much. It may be accused of being where nothing happens but actually there was quite a lot of build up, presumable to be resolved in part 2. I know the eclipse thing doesn't follow the rules of physics but in many ways that's not the point of the episode. It was interesting to see who could carry on without their powers and who fell apart. Mohinder appears to be back on track with his character, I was glad to see. It should be interesting to see what happens in part 2.
  • The eclipse has begun and our Heroes find themselves without their abilities. Elle and Sylar go after Claire who is protected by Noah. Hiro, Ando and Matt go after Daphne to find what Arthur has against her. And Peter and Nathan try to recruit the Haitian

The first part of the eclipse is action packed indeed. Ever since the show begun I always wanted to see an episode where our characters wouldn't have their abilties. And the way they did it was awesome.
    After the events of the previous chapter where we found out about the existence of the catalyst (and we know it's Claire) Angela's side is trying to protect Claire while Arthur's side is trying to capture her. Claire is given under the protection of Noah. He decides to train Claire (since she has been wanting it since the first chapter of this volume). While training, Claire lets it slip that she was missing her father everytime she was gone, something which makes Noah think that he may not have known everything about his daughter's feelings. Elle and Sylar arrive at the same place, following the instructions of Arthur, to capture Claire. In the ensuing fight, everyone realizes they don't have their abilities (as the eclipse has started). Noah breaks Sylar's arm, Elle is knocked out and Claire, trying to protect Noah, is shot by Elle but doesn't heal. Taken back to their house, Noah attends Claire urging his wife not to call the hospital in case her ability manifests. When the bullet is removed and her temperature is normal, Noah leaves and goes after Elle and Sylar while Claire's wound gets worse in front of Sandra's eyes. Sylar and Elle get closer together but an angry Noah aims at them from the opposite terrance.
    Elsewhere, Mohinder discovers he is nowhere near finding a cure for his power but when he looks at some of Arthur's sketches he realizes that there may be an answer in the eclipse. When the eclipse is total, Mohinder is reborn inside a cocoon and wakes up without any scales and completely normal. At that point he thinks he can finally come closer with Maya but Arthur stops him, with Flint's help, saying that Mohinder should work on the formula now more than ever.
    Peter is with Nathan in Haiti trying to recruit the Haitian for the fight against Pinehearst. While there, Nathan's powers are gone. The two brother get into a fight when the biggest truths about each other surface at a time when their powers are gone. Peter claims that Nathan has always been Arthur's puppet and hasn't followed his dreams while Nathan reveals to Peter that he always needed someone to save him (reminding him of two times he saved him in volume 1) and that he was always weak. At that moment the Haitian appears and reveals he is after his brother Samedi (who has a power of his own - impenetrable skin) as he is a Level 5 escapee. He reveals he didn't know Arthur was alive and Peter urges Nathan to help the Haitian with his mission so he can come with them. Before he has time to argue with Peter, they are being shot and so they run. Peter and the Haitian manage to escape while Nathan is captured by Samedi who reveals to him he has known from Arthur that Nathan would come after him and he has been waiting.
    Tracy calls Arthur who tells her that Nathan may be expendable and Tracy reminds him of their deal; to help him get Nathan on their side so Nathan would one day become President of the USA. Tracy is ordered by Arthur to go to Parris Island and create an army for the war that is coming.
    Finally, Hiro still thinks he is a 10 year old boy and arrives at Matt's house. Realizing both Matt and Daphne that Hiro in fact has the memory of a 10 year old, Daphne runs away thinking that Matt doesn't trust her and that he wouldn't love her if he knew her secret. Hiro, Ando and Matt teleport to Lawrence, Kansas at Daphne's homeplace in order to find what Arthur has against her and she is so terrified. At that moment, Hiro's and Matt's powers are gone (as well as Daphne's) due to the eclipse and Matt realizes there is no easy way for him to get in as Daphne doesn't want him there neither does her father. Hiro convinces Matt not to give up his mission while he and Ando go to the nearest comic book store (Sam's comics) to find the next issue of 9th Wonders. There they meet Sam (Seth Green) and the comic book's co-owner Frack (Breckin Meyer) who are shocked to find out that the new comic book 9th Wonders has come to life. Meanwhile, when Daphne's father leaves, Matt seizes the opportunity to go inside Daphne's house where she reveals her secret; without her power she has braces at her legs in order for her to walk. Overall, it is a great episode that of course seems to be incomplete without its second part. All of the main characters are present in this one as we see our Heroes lives without their heroic powers. Matt and Hiro's chemistry is amazing as they are both funny actors. Kristen Bell (Elle) and Zachary Quinto (Sylar) also go great together. Finally I like the dynamic between Peter and Nathan as this was about to happen and I believe it did at the most perfect time. Key facts: Daphne's background story which is further expanded in the next chapter as well as in the graphic novels. Elle and Sylar come closer and closer together and they make a great couple indeed. Also the Haitian's background story is expanded (no we still don't know his real name). Tracy's story is important for the events after the eclipse and for the end of this volume. Enjoy!
  • The first part of The Eclipse is good but not one of the better episodes of this season

The Eclipse(1) is a good episode but a little too far from the Heroes ordinary in which has made it so addictive and fun to watch. In the episode all of the heroes lose their powers in which really bothered me. I know down the line it will probably pay off but i dislike seeing the amazing people become ordinary people. I do think that the next episode will be amazing like the older episodes(Season one) because there is a lot at stake in it with claire going to the hospital. Heroes is an amazingly creative show but this episode was just a little bit too different.
  • Heroes!!

Well done. I really enjoyed this episode.

The eclipse taking everyone's powers. The fast paced stories was very appealing to me.
    Peter without powers is boring, hope he'll get them back somehow. He's just an empty character without abilities.

I liked how Sylar accessed his empathy to get eletric powers. Just didn't see the point of him playing all "Yes, sir" to Arthur or going all bad boy later with Elle.

It was fun to see Noah owning both Elle and Sylar's asses in the house. All of them rely too much on their powers. Without them, they are pretty much useless in hand to hand combat.

I'm really expecting part 2 to see what's going to happen to Nathan and Peter..
  • A good episode.

This was a pretty good episode. It had a lot of strengths though I felt it lacked a bit of punch given the build up. I expect more action in the next installment. That being said they are really spending a lot of time with the Gabriel/Sylar development. Who is going to win. I'm still not sure what Elle's game is. Peter and Daphne are great. Mohinder's plot is still way out in left field, I hope he does not start turning back into the fly . . . I liked that Peter stood up to Nathan, who really doesn't have a backbone. I keep waiting for one to develop, but no luck. Anyway, I'm excite to see where this all goes. Also, if the eclipse takes away power and apparently some of the effects of powers (Mohinder not being all scaly) then why is Hiro still 10?
  • A good episode but just a stepping stone, putting the pieces in place.

Setting the stage for the next episode with the final part of the eclipse.

The last few episodes, they've returned to the old format, Mohinder doing the voice-over. Everyone's looking at the sky, just like the first time.

Arthur orders Sylar to go after Claire and Elle volunteers to be his partner. "Let's go get the cheerleader." Déjà vu. Arthur draws a disturbing image – Claire dead in Bennet's arms. Somehow the eclipse will take away Claire's power!

Angela has a grand plan and has all her pieces in play and of course, expects Claire to stay put, out of harm's way. Nathan's part is to get the Haitian and little brother wants to tag along. Without Peter's powers, he feels useless but still feels that drive that makes him the hero every time. And when has Nathan EVER been able to say no to his little brother? There is nothing I love more about Heroes than Nathan and Peter together!

Nathan and Peter actually get into a historic first: a fight! Nathan points out how he has been rescuing Peter his whole life, and Peter retaliates, Nathan is a puppet, every decision he's made has been Nathan living his father's life and dreams. In the future, Nathan will chose Arthur over Peter. Amazing how Nathan reverts to the old selfish Nathan when you take away the power that makes his life easier and important. "Can the universe get me a phone?!"

Finally Bennet offers to train Claire, about time! She taps into her anger and with training, she'd be very impressive. Sylar and Elle show up and everyone realizes the powers are gone so they do it the old fashioned way, leading to Claire being shot. It's not like Elle and Sylar can't figure out where they went – they went home! Bennet leaves and apparently her 'you always leave me' rant didn't sink in.

Hiro can be hilarious but this is one of the funniest – he starts throwing corn at Matt's head! Very sweet message – if you can't win the girl without your powers, you don't deserve her. Daphne's big secret isn't half as bad as she makes out, without her powers she can't walk. Is her self esteem that bad that she thinks Matt will care? Matt's got a huge, loving heart!

The Haitian has a brother whose skin is impenetrable. He's the local warlord and buddy of Arthur's, with orders to capture Nathan.

For intelligent people, barely any of them figure out that the eclipse is causing the loss of powers. It does bring some sanity, Elle and Sylar get off their power trip and finally kiss. Problem is, they're in the scope of Bennet's sniper rifle…

Though the loss of powers is a game-changer, this episode just sets the stage for part 2 and is not important in and of itself.
  • The Eclipse has arrived

Daphne had a crisis of faith and headed back home to her Kansas farmhouse, and Matt, Ando and Hiro spend most of the ep hiding in a corn field. Then she pouts in her room till we find out that without her powers she can barely walk. Tracy plots to, I don't know, do something evil? Something about contacts and getting Nathan into the White House. Sylar tries to earn brownie points with Arthur by going to grab Claire; who has some bonding time with her father. Noah tries to make her untouchable... Like that's ever gonna happen. Mohinder gets even more scaly and when he loses his powers, Peter and Nathan and goes in search of the Haitian.
  • Review.

A second eclipse causes all of the heroes to lose their abilities. Arthur sends Elle and Sylar to get Claire, who is shot by Elle and can't heal without her powers. Elsewhere, Peter and Nathan go in search of The Haitian, while Matt, Hiro and Ando follow Daphne to find out what she has been hiding. Not a bad episode I have seen worse, much worse. The Heroes loosing there powers could be good but I'm still not sure they might drag it out for too long and then it will be like what the hell Heroes should be called people. For now though its no big deal just hope it doesnt last to long. A good ending but I fear Elle dying in the next episode. Oh my god Seth Green is in heroes that was cool hope he has a cool story during the next couple of episodes. Plenty of action in this episod and it was fast paced but it was slightly dissapointing compared to last weeks episode.

All in all this was a decent episode which has plenty of action and a cool plot twist. I give it a 8.5 out of 10.
  • Heroes without powers are fun! Except not really! Nathan and Peter become the Bickersons, Elle and Sylar team up, but not sexually, so that's no fun. But one glorious bullet makes up for a lot of things.

After reuniting Sylar and Elle, Arthur (guest star Robert Forster) orders them to find Claire and bring her to him. They're all flirty with each other, and then Elle manipulates Sylar into killing someone (confused? Does Elle want Sylar to be good or evil?). Anyhoo, they go to vortex guy's house, where HRG and Claire are to get Claire, their powers go out, but HRG still has a gun. A scuffle ensues, Elle gets the gun, tries to shoot HRG, Clair gets shot (woot), HRG flees with Claire back to their home. He leaves her to seek out Elle and Sylar for revenge.

Matt, Hiro and Ando team up together and follow Daphne (guest star Brea Grant) to her hometown of Lawrence, Kansas to discover what she's been hiding, which is that without her powers she can't walk. Hiro and Ando go to a comic book shop owned by Seth Green and Breckin Myers.

Meanwhile, Nathan and Peter Petrelli travel together to Haiti in search of the only man that can stop their father from destroying the world, the Haitian. The Haitian is however busy trying to stop his evil brother Samedi (who has impenetrable skin)

Of course the eclipse removes all of their powers, leaving the heroes to deal with all their emotional baggage. Mohinder likes not having his powers, tries to go find Maya, but Arthur has Meredith's brother put a stop to that. Papa Petrelli and Tracy continue to plot and plan, and draw ominous futures, while Mama Petrelli catches wind of some of these plans. Random Thoughts:

- Parkman and Daphne's romance continues to defy logic.

- "I hate heroes"– Sylar (Maybe I should follow his lead)

- Claire getting shot! It's like the writers are trying to bribe me with small snippets of goodness.

- The Mohinder scenes were just plain awful.

- Why won't the writers decide whether Sylar and Elle are good or evil.

Bottom line: Other than Claire getting shot and the Haitian, nothing really interested me in this episode.
  • Our Heroes are Normal, For Now.

Well as normal as they can be. I think the results of this eclipse are going to be interesting. Suresh going back to the beginning before he got stupid. Gabriel and Elle finding themselves under at odds with each other and switching to being into each other. Peter and Nathan typical brothers whether they have their powers or not. I knew Daphne had a secret about her life before her powers and when she walked out, I honestly wasn't surprised. Hiro needs to grow up, this 10 year old Hiro is getting really old. Angela as always is watching out for her boys, Ms. Saunders better watch out for herself.
  • Review

The expectation level for this show has kind of fallen off, which is making these average epsiodes a little better for me. Last season this episode would have been rated about a 6 or so, but this season I don't have the highest expectations like I used to. I really like Matthew Parkmans storyline right now, him and Daphnie really do have a pretty good relationship with one another. There were two aspects of that storyline I didnt like: Hiro and the John Locke. Hiro being 10 years old, while entertaining acting skills, is a really stupid plotline I think. Also - Daphnie being John Locke under the eclipse? Im starting to think all the Lost references are just insults now. Think of how you felt when Locke was revealed to be paralyzed, and then think about this episode. They don't compare and what Heroes did was terrible. Combine that with the Nathan / Jack massive beard and this isn't the only time Hereos has done this. Other then that though - Matt Parkman is carrying the show for me right now and you never would have thought that at all a season ago. Nathan and Peters storyline trying to find the Hiatain seems like the massive part 2 to this whole thing. Claire + HRG have lost chemistry since season one, seems like all they do is grow apart now the more and more we learn about them. Sylar + Elle is pretty decent, they kind of picked up the slack for Claire + HRG.
  • I'm just so giddy about Seth Green and Breckin Meyer and CLAIRE GETTING SHOT that I almost can't take it!

AHAHA! YES! YES! I cannot WAIT for next week!!!! DIE CLAIRE DIEE~

God, I'm in such a good mood. Why? Let's see... Sylar and Elle kissed, Claire got shot (oh, happy days…), Suresh isn't being stupid anymore, I swear to God there was eclipse foreshadowing with everyone's favorite Japanese sidekick and oh, wait, I must think… oh yes. Breckin Meyer and Seth Green. The cute little comic book shop keepers. Perhaps that is why I'm so ecstatic. Yes. I believe that's why. –giggles manically- It's gotta be because of Green and Meyer finally being added to the cast that I've really got nothing bad to say about this episode. The thing about Daphne: Holy crap. Wasn't expecting that at all. And fyi, the next time my friend's in a moral dilemma I'm totally throwing corn at him. It seems to work. And Hiro bobbing his head with the turtle? Oh good God, I nearly died. I couldn't help it; Nathan and Peter were trying just so hard to be mad at each other that I started voicing over what they were saying, particularly when the Haitian showed up. Ahaa… Something about how super-totally-awesome Big Brother Haitian was and Nathan using his shirt as a surrender flag. Wait, what? I must be high… ON GOOD-QUALITY EPISODE!

For those of you who've read my past reviews, you're probably thinking, "Who are you, and how did you highjack ginaneko's account?" Anyways, I laughed when Flint smacked Suresh into the glass window. Mua ha ha. It was funny. I've always liked Flint… Oh, and sticky, slimy, naked Suresh? Um, ew. No please. Sweaty, shirtless, not talking Suresh I can deal with, again, as long as his mouth is shut. Naked and slimy draws the line. And it's not a fine line.

My line of the week directed at Claire that my mom laughed at (I talk to the TV on occasion…): "Well, of course it hurts you dumbass. You got shot. What the hell is wrong with you? Even someone who could heal would know being SHOT hurts! Just… stop talking. Stop it. I hate it when your lips move and words come out."

Unfortunately, because they spent the entire preview on Claire-bear (dieeeee), I have nothing to say other than "MUA HA HA! YAY!" Til next week, folks. –crosses fingers and chants the words 'red-freaking-lightning' over and over-
  • An overall decent episode of the series, but still not the best they could have done.

Well what with this episode being a two-parter, I have to say I expected more from it. However a few times in this episode I felt my concentration drifting and could sense the story beginning to lag. But before we focus on the negatives, lets look at the positives.
    On the whole this was a fairly decent episode of Heroes. As the eclipse looms all over the world the heroes and villains realise that they have lost their powers and must resort to their more primitive instincts when it comes to fighting. None have to face this trial more so than Claire who comes up against Sylar and Elle when they to kidnap her for Arthur Petrelli. It was rather a funny moment when Sylar and Elle could not use their powers for the first time but this scene was made all the more shocking when Claire was shot and you realised that for the first time since the show started, she could actually die. We'll have to wait until next week to find out if she will regenerate but one thing is for sure, Claire will be more a major part in the show as this volume progresses. The funniest moments of the episode are between Matt, Hiro and Ando. They have followed Daphne back to her home town after she took off and learn that she lived on a corn farm in Kansas. However unable to use their powers, Matt cannot read her mind to discover what is going on with her and Hiro cannot teleport them out of there (great cameo by Seth Green and Breckan Myer by the way). We soon discover that Daphne seems to have some sort of disability that returned once her power was taken away. It seems that speed was the only thing that gave her half way human mobility and it seems that this is why she was so frightened of Arthur Petrelli. She didn't want to go back to a life of being crippled, which is the first time we get to see her human side since we met her. Meanwhile Peter and Nathan also have a fellow hero to pick up in the form of the Hatian. The both of them are still arguing and it seems that Peter is resentful for how much Nathan resembles their father, Arthur and how much of Nathan's life has been constructed for him. Nathan refuses to accept any more of Peter's whining but before they can continue their fight they are confronted by the Hatian and his psychotic adversary. As Nathan is kidnapped, Peter and the Hatian try to form a plan to get it back but wether these brothers will ever be able to let bygones be bygones still remains to be seen. Angela does seem to be getting suspicious of Tracy's intentions, but Nathan could yet side with her and Arthur and take his place in the White House. Whatever the case it seems that Nathan will not be amongst the fugitives by the time Volume four starts in a few weeks. Now onto the more negetive aspects of the episode. For one no matter how far past the time of 9 it is, I do not like to see Sendhil Ramahtury being pushed out of a caccoon, thats just not cool and has left me with enough horrible thoughts and images to be going on with. There was also the small matter of the fight scene between Bennett, Claire, Elle and Sylar. I know that Heroes cannot kill all of it's main characters in one fell swoop but I'm getting a little tired of all of these fight scenes that don't come to anything. The only person who seems to be injured in them are people who are then regenerated a few seconds afterwards and the most vulnerable of characters are let off lightly. It is getting less and less realistic for these people to carry on living and I think it's about time for Heroes to kill off a main character instead of taking out it's anger on the guest stars. It may be sad and morbid but it's expected in a show like this. For the love of all that is holy, Niki Sanders died and the creators responded by giving her a twin. Next Sylar will discover all of the secrets of the company and then get amnesia in a car accident. The writers certainly need to step it up a notch.
    Finally I will end on the note that, after all, this episode is still a two-parter so the writers techncally have another hour to redeem themselves if they so choose. Give us some more interesting dialogue, some realistic fight scenes and some genuine tension and storyline and I will go into volume four a happy man.
  • Loved it. Didn't expect all those events, but loved it.

Now this episode was awesome. I loved it so much.. Everything was so unexpected.. Everybody lost their powers and I sure hope they will get them back. At least the good guys. Arthur kept on getting stronger and stronger with every minute and now he is as powerless as an ordinary old man. Hiro thinks he is ten years old and Daphne can't walk normally. Syler showed his 'human' side. Claire can't heal and even after she got her first aid done, she started bleeding again.. Can't wait for the next episode. Who knows, what is going to happening. Stay tuned, cause I think it's just going to get better and better.
< 1 2