Heroes

The Eclipse: Part 1

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 24, 2008 on NBC

• Review

The expectation level for this show has kind of fallen off, which is making these average epsiodes a little better for me. Last season this episode would have been rated about a 6 or so, but this season I don't have the highest expectations like I used to. I really like Matthew Parkmans storyline right now, him and Daphnie really do have a pretty good relationship with one another. There were two aspects of that storyline I didnt like: Hiro and the John Locke. Hiro being 10 years old, while entertaining acting skills, is a really stupid plotline I think. Also - Daphnie being John Locke under the eclipse? Im starting to think all the Lost references are just insults now. Think of how you felt when Locke was revealed to be paralyzed, and then think about this episode. They don't compare and what Heroes did was terrible. Combine that with the Nathan / Jack massive beard and this isn't the only time Hereos has done this. Other then that though - Matt Parkman is carrying the show for me right now and you never would have thought that at all a season ago. Nathan and Peters storyline trying to find the Hiatain seems like the massive part 2 to this whole thing. Claire + HRG have lost chemistry since season one, seems like all they do is grow apart now the more and more we learn about them. Sylar + Elle is pretty decent, they kind of picked up the slack for Claire + HRG.