Heroes

The Eclipse: Part 1

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 24, 2008 on NBC

• Though a transition episode, still, I think, very exceptional.

This episode, to me, feels like a transition episode. Not that that is a bad thing, because I can feel that the transition's going to be good, but it still seemed like a transition episode. It also offered a whole lot of character development, I thought. I thought that the Sylar/Elle storyline kept going on as exceptionally as it has been for the past few weeks. Elle and Sylar are my favorite characters, and seeing them paired up just makes me so happy. Peter is becoming more and more likeable the longer he is without his powers. Mohinder was much better this week than he has been, and I thought that his decision to go and find Maya was perhaps quite underplayed, but it also showed his weakness when Arthur came in, and the strength that Arthur has access to even without his powers.

I thought Nathan's righteous stubbornness was amazingly well played this week, and then Tracy, to me, is slowly becoming like a Jessica character, like the evil counterpart to Nathan. The reintroduction of the Haitian as well as the emotion that was finally injected into his character made me happy; and then, lastly, I'd just like to note that HRG's return as the big, bad, Dad was awesome and that Claire's character development throughout the entire episode was purely amazing. All in all, 9.5 out of 10. Exceptional.