Heroes

The Eclipse: Part 1

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 24, 2008 on NBC

• Laws of nature ignored!

I know that Heroes is a fantasy but it does exist in our reality and must adhere to most laws of nature. However the entire solar system seems to have frozen for the convenience of the writers of Heroes. A solar eclipse rarely lasts more than 7 and a bit minutes (usually six and a half minutes) and they are really milking this one! They could have gotten away with this by only showing individual characters for a total of seven and a half minutes each and it would have worked by cutting back and forth to fill the hour. However, this eclipse is lasting forever. HRG fights with Sylar, drives the wounded Claire home, has a conversation, gets a rifle and drives back to Sylar's location while the eclipse is still occurring (to be continued yet?!?!). This is only one example from this poorly plotted episode of how time is unreasonably warped and Hiro has no powers to do it either! I am sure that the writers thought this was a great idea but they threw reality completely out the window here. I fully believe that this was a huge mistake and that none of the writers were aware of the actual time it takes for a solar eclipse to occur. This has really degraded Heroes down to the lapsed logic plotting of shows like Lost. Heroes has completely gone downhill since the first season. I blamed the writer's strike originally but this season is the worst so far. Heroes has become another senseless melodrama, similar in too many ways to the daytime soaps!!!