Heroes

Turn and Face the Strange

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 06, 2009 on NBC

• Exactly how many times is Danko going to stare down the barrel of a gun before someone finally pulls the trigger?

By my count, Danko has been held at gunpoint this season four time and each time, he has escaped because the character who has the gun has a change of heart or something. I'm afraid this is becoming a cliche this season and I wish they would either pull the trigger or stop doing it.

Still, despite my frustration with the snail's pace that this story had been progressing, this season is slowly returning to the Heroes I fell in love with during the first season. There are less black and white characters and more delicious shades of gray.

Even Hiro and Ando are starting to redeem themselves after being reduced to idiotic buffoons the last two years. Sylar's new powers have definitely got possibilities for mischief, and Bennett just can't catch a break.

Things are improving, but this episode felt like the storyline was catching its breath instead of continuing to run towards the finish line.