Heroes

(Volume Three: Villains) The Second Coming

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 22, 2008 on NBC

• Interesting start to season three, but is it what we hoped for?

After nine months of waiting, Heroes is back with the premiere of season three. While it does kick start a few interesting story lines and raise a dozen new questions, it also leaves a bitter taste in some areas. Mohinder discovering the ability to give people powers sounds like an interesting direction, but it takes the unique quality away from the original heroes when anyone can have a power. One thing we can count on with the show will be it's ability to confuse us with each scene. Now with the thought in our heads that any hero could easily become a villain, while any villain could jump ship to become a hero, we should have plenty of twists and turns to look forward to.

So even with some elements feeling a bit stale, I think we can expect a much better season than season two.
  • A Great Starter, let's hope they keep it up...

There was answers, but still they neglected one that I felt was important, What happened to Peter's Irish Girlfriend who got stuck in a Virus-infested alternative future? ok, with that said... let's start on these one.

We get YET a glimpse of another future that must be avoid, and at the same answer of who shot Nathan.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the whole cast, but this series is going to loose a lot of drama if ANY character gets revived, I mentioned that on one of my reviews of last season, (I called it "The Phoenix Pill Effect") and I say it again.

Cool to see what power the Petrelli's mother has, not to mention she confronts the new visitor from the future without thinking it twice (about time, mom!)

Weird that Mohinder just decided to quit his work on asiolating the gene so easily and so easily started on a new project just on a say-so.

Linderman's back, sort of...

Hiro's got a new quest, a nemesis, and a future shock, every season we see a doomsday scene, this time Tokyo gets it... And to some degrees we get and Star Wars Episode 3 scene....

Sylar gets what he always wanted, and took him only two seasons, not bad...

Check this episode, it's one of the most solids season openers yet.
  • They need better scriptwriters... because the plot is good, but the writing? Oh my.

Well, well, Heroes is back. After so many months of hiatus, the show is finally back. You'd thought they at least made sure that the first episode is written well.

But it wasn't. Seriously, I like the direction where the plot is heading, but the dialogs, the character motivations, well, they are just broken.

Nathan's cringe worthy preaching, the face palm inducing speedster, the awfully cliché future vision of Hiro; Really, city getting destroyed? Or the world? I don't care. It's been done before.

Nikki still alive? Why? Okay, different alter ego, but she BLEW UP! How is she intact? Linderman resurrected. How, and why? Why does nobody die in this show?

Nathan undied, Nikki undied, Linderman undied... all in just one episode.

Oh and the dialog between Claire and Sylar was probably the worst written 5 minutes of this show yet.

But my most favorite part is Mohinder injecting himself just like that. Awfully out of character... But still, I do like the villains idea and I did feel excited for some scenes.
  • The two-hour Volume 3 premiere is a step up from the amateur-hour plotting of Generations, but the spark of life of season 1 seems lost forever.

There was something special about Heroes season 1. Maybe it's that the show was unburdened by expectations and past missteps, maybe it's that the ideas felt fresh and exciting, or maybe it's simply that the writing was witty and even, dare I say it, intelligent. Back then, it was unadulterated, unabashed pop-entertainment, but the quality was high and "guilty pleasure" never really seemed appropriate. Generations did not even qualify for that honor, re-treading many of season 1's stories, making a whole slew of new mistakes, and being generally subpar at everything in the process. The premiere of Villains is certainly a few steps above that -- the characters are once again united by a single interweaving plot, as they were in season 1, which is sure to make the story interesting. There's already been plenty of excitement and certain visions we've seen suggest that lots of explosive conflict lies ahead. But for its good looks, its soapy heart, and its able form, the show seems to be missing a soul.

In the two-hour Villains premiere moments of true greatness are not only nowhere in sight, they would be wholly inappropriate given the content of the episodes. Cheap, efficient dialogue moves scenes along at a brisk pace and only Hiro and Ando seem to walk away unscathed as usual. They've lost little of the charm -- and seem to have gained some due to the reunion after Generations split them up. None of the cast get to work for their keep in the Villains premiere, through no fault of their own: neither the writing nor the directing offers any of them opportunities to shine or test themselves. Those that can regularly be counted on glide by with the simple material they are given, and those that cannot are not exceptionally embarassed. Even the score is mediocre, though, to be fair, there is little material worthy of scoring on the screen.

Villains seems bent on fixing Generation's missteps such as splitting up key characters and separating their stories into uninvolved filler. The problem is that Genesis made many similar mistakes, but it was forgiven because of the show's unique identity. And now in pursuit of its former glory it loses track of the qualities that made it stand out. More than ever Heroes seems solid in its footing as a pulp show, and the relative successes over Generations only accentuate this change. It is an efficient show - and that is saying much after Generations - and for that, next week it will retain a viewer, but for now that is all that can be said.
  • A hero from an alternate reality tries to fix everything that's happing in the future. He travels to the past to undo all the damage.

The episode starts with Future Peter running for his live, he jumps into a building where he finds Future Claire with a gun 4 years from now. Future Claire shoots him, but he stops time, takes the gun and goes back to the past at the press conference where Nathan is going to reveal his powers to the public. Peter shoots Nathan, runs and is chased by Present Peter. Future Peter captures Present Peter and sends his body to the future into the body of Jesse Murphy, a level 5 prisoner at the company prison. Nathan heales from the shooting by apparantely "Mr. Linderman".

Hiro gets a DVD message from his father. The message says that Hiro never should open the safe. Hiro doesn't listen to his father and finds a half formula inside. The formula gets stolen By Daphne, who calls herself a "Speedster".

Hiro travels into the future because he wants to know what happens with the formula and to the world, he finds Ando there which somehow has a power now. Hiro sees Ando stealing the half of the formula.

Sylar visits claire at her home to steal her powers. Sylar keeps her alive. Mohinder Suresh finds out how the abilities of evolved humans appear and injects himself with a dose. Mohinder changes into a human with advanced reflexes.

Matt gets send to an unknown place by Future Peter after Matt found out that Peter is not the Present Peter but Future Peter.

Angela Petrelli confronts future peter and reveals her power.
  • Claire is enjoying her time on the set of Scream while Peter decides the gun really is mightier than a conversation...

So, overall I'd say decent comeback. I mean, I'm on the fence because Heroes can be both brilliant and awful. It started off slow, took of big time towards the end of season one and pretty much crashed and burned all through season two. Still, I wont pretend I'm not hooked.

Starting off, the beginning was awesome, even though Claire still bores me (people, Hayden Panettiere can't act, why wasn't she sent to that creepy ass facility?), future Peter shooting Nathan? Loved it, even though I don't really see why he couldn't just go back and, oh, I don't know, TALK to Nathan and tell him not to tell because it would destroy the world? Anyone? I also wish Nathan would have stayed a creepy looking instead of a boring man of God preaching about angels. Still. Linderman is back so it might turn out interesting, plus coupled with Suresh's injection this might turn into an interesting take on man playing God and reconstructing humanity in the shape of divinity.

Also, it could end up being pointless crap.

Hiro was a delight as usual, the first scene when he's bored in his office playing with the minutes was rather awesome, and he and Ando are always hilarious. The Speed-y chick wasn't really impressive but the fact of her was, I mean how speed looked in its frozen state and how she could move around and stuff even though time apparently stood still. Could be cool. The glimpse of the future was appropriately tantalising, all arrows are pointing in one direction, and it may be good, but there's no way to know for sure…

Which would be an appropriate time to bring up Suresh and Maya, while this is of course highly relevant and important to the plot it was kind of boring. I mean, they don't really have that much chemistry, neither of the characters are all that interesting… Give them some better material and maybe, but that was just kind of bleh. Not as bad as the cheesy horror flick Claire and Sylar stumbled into though. Man, that was bad. Why would she hide in a closet, seriously? And the humming? Please.

But we have to love future Peter, I mean, he's hotter than current Peter that's for sure, and he got rid of Matt! Oh Matt, if only you would stay gone… Still, it's all very important plot wise obviously. Which is what I always enjoyed about Heroes, the strong plot. Plot is important people! Arch-stories are all well and good but nothing beats a good plot, makes us believe there's some meaning to this world! Though they are a bit obvious, first the destruction of Tokyo, then the image in the desert, then the graffiti on the wall just after Suresh gains his super powers. Way to bludgeon in the nails people… For more reviews see http://nerdvana-annihilation.blogspot.com/
  • Redefining moment for a unique show.

The first episode of season there had me very worried. It could either be very good and make me want to turn in or it could leave me asking why do I bother to watch. The season three first episode ("The Second Coming") made me stand up and cheer. HEROES was back and in fine form reminding me of season one and the terrific turns and angles that made me leave "24". I want to offer Tim Kring and cast, writers, production crew a huge kudo for the work they did. The writers strike looks like it paid off.

Of course, when I saw the title, I knew that it would involve our favorite villian, Sylar. He's got a huge grude going, and he wanted Claire. He had not succeeded before in getting her ability so he would try again. More on that in the next episode!

I was so afraid that Nathan was going to die. Here he is, shot twice in the chest, heading to the hospital and we learn that it was his brother, Future Peter, who did it. His miraculous healing took me by surprise. Not more so than the revelation he had and Lindeman's appearance.

I could write more but that would ruin the fun of this first episode!
  • Intense!

So, Heroes season 3 starts off with a bang, this episode was really intense, I feel like I have to watch it all once again to properly follow all the twists and turns. This is exactly why I watch this show, the writers never disappoint me. Well, apart from a dip last season, they haven't disappointed me at all. I was hoping for a great start of the season, because there are few other shows on tv right now, that keeps the anticipation up every week. I've really missed this show and I'm so happy it's back, will be tuning in every week!
  • Shaking off the doldrums of Season 2

"Heroes" comes back in a big way with a new season and a story arc that hints that the show may be fully embracing its comic book roots and setting up some epic confrontations. But future plot points aside, the show has already rectified some of the problems that plagued Season 2:

1. Hiro and Ando are back together. These guys were the best part of Season 1, and I'm glad they're together again for more misadventures.

2. An established threat has been set from the season premiere. We know Sylar is back and the other villains are on the loose. In the earliest episodes of Season 2, we spent so much time in feudal Japan and with Maya and Alejandro, it took forever for the new bad guys to be introduced. Fortunately, with Season 3, unnecessary exposition has been cut out and we get right into the action.

Maybe too much happened in this hour, and there are still flaws (Milo Ventimiglia is a terrible actor, no matter how you cut it), but "Second Coming" did a great job of kicking off the new season.
  • A fast paced, adrenaline charged, action packaged season premiere.

Heroes starts with a bang as unseen twists and double crosses - the least of which is the identity of who shot Nathan Petrelli - sends beloved characters
    through much darker paths than we ever expected. Time travel breaks families apart, the least of them being the Walker-Parkman-Suresh, as Peter tries to fix the future even if he must break both the Petrelli and the Bennet clan in the process while Claire & Mohinder discover the true nature of a power that might change each of them forever in their own unique way.

All in all a great opening that shows the audience what to expect from this season.
  • The future, The Past, Rebirth

There are so many fantastic items in this episode. I loved that Claire's character was so darkly portrayed in the flash-forward. So different from her cheerleading / bright / peppy personality. I also loved Nathan's resurrection too. It might have been expected by others but it was unexpected to me. Hiro's character brings so much humor to the show, that it's impossible not to grin when you see him. Even though he is moping about because he's bored. He missed being a hero ... and wants to save the world ... again. Of course, we're getting pretty used to Hiro bumbling around, and he does so again by going strictly against his father's instructions. Humor injection!!! I liked the new character, Flashette. Superfast running chick thief. She's fun. In anycase, it seems Hiro has found his new calling.The situation with Claire and Sylar was amazing. The conversation, and Sylar getting the power of immortality. Claire's world is rocked again it seems, and Sylar is just happily walkin' round the neighborhood. Hee. Finally, the next great part and the ending of this part of the 2 parter, Maya and Mohinder. Mohinder is totally crazed by taking the formula that GIVES people powers. Maya is angry with him because he didn't cure her ... but they still get together and knock boots. Which is good for Mohinder, I think he needed a bit of a stress reliever. Oh ... and Nathan found God, and there's a new Painting. The world rent in two. Fantastic eppy, it looks like the season is off to a terrific start!!!
  • More like the second good season!

Heroes returns and it is better than ever. Sylar makes unexpected visit to Claire's house, Mohinder finds new information about Mya, Hiro opens a safe and finds a new way to save the world, and the shooter is revealed.

If you haven't gotten the point yet, there was a lot of stuff going on last night! Not only has the show experienced one of the best episodes in a while, but this also may be the best season. There are no new characters and the story is very plain and simple. Too bad the writer's strike happened, this one could have saved some viewers last season.
  • Yeahhh it's back !!!!

I can't believe Heroes is back I been waiting for this episode for so long and it was just as great as I imagined. So many things happened.

-Sylar finally gets Claire's ability - We find out Peter from the future shooted his brother.

- Linderman is alive and saves Nathan

-We find out about Angela's ability.

-Nikki is alive Mohinder discovers where the heros powers come from and creates a formula to give powers to normal people like himself for instance . He appears to gain superstrength ability . The whole formula thing I didn't like it was very similar to the 4400 "Promicine. All in all it was great and I enjoyed it very much .
  • Okay so Heroes back, and I guess that's the good news. The bad news however is that the Season premiere seems a tad to mediocre.

So as everyone knows Heroes went off the air in December due to the writer's strike and it's been a long period of time since the show returned. Now for fans of the show (looks like their decreasing at the end of every season) the show is finally back. So how does it start off with? It starts with Future Peter having to go back to the past to make things right, and to make matters more cliched Nathan survives his gun shot wound. We find out it was Future Peter who shot him and that cliff hanger easily resolves itself. So what else happens? Mohinder injects himself with some serum (Another bonehead thing to do, though again most of us would if we had the opportunity) and becomes Super-Mohinder. I guess people say it's like a rip off the fly, well not a great idea to have the the genetics professor suddenly become a hero. Well Sylar returned again and he's kind of getting boring as a villain because he's so repetitive. He was great in the first season, the second season he was worthless and so far in the third season I don't really see any use for him. Parkman ends up somewhere in the desert, Hiro and Ando have a lame storyline trying to catch guess what a new character! Well that's about it, and oh yeah Nikki is back which is disappointing for me personally because I could never stand her character and right when you think she's got the Axe! she comes back. This episode was way to overhyped, poorly written and acted kind of poorly by everyone except Adrian Pasdar who plays Nathan and is probably the best actor on the show. Seriously did fans wait this long to see an episode like this?
  • Most people say that heroes lost its spark...

Most people say that heroes lost its spark since season one and that nothing is the same...I will tell you why.It is simple,season one had a general idea/plot/quest:,,save the world" and they were trying to stop the bomb...this need was felt through out the whole season.Season 2 lost that main plot...and as for this season:patience,it has only been 2 episodes so far...the first season plot started from episode 3.This is the only thing really missing from season 3...just give it time and i am sure it will come from the next episodes...if not...well,then heroes is going down in flames;but i don't believe it will.
  • Amazing!

Season 2 dissapointing, thankfully season 3 looking pretty good so far. Celevrly written, so much happens. yet you still don't understand. Nikki and Linderman are back (how?!) Future peter and present peter mix, present peter isn't peter. Ando somehow has a power and betrays Hiro. Sylar got Claire's power, but she still lives. Its all pretty crazy, and it could get too complicated ofr the shows own good, but I hope it doesn't becasue its brilliant. I'm very happy that sylar didn't kill claire though, becasue claire such a great charecter. Also Mohinder now has a power (super strenght I think) which was pretty unexeptced but I'm happy.
    Soo much happened in this season opener, it's kinda crazy, hope the rest of the season doesn't dissapoint! Amazing show, great episode.
  • Oh my god that was amazing! WOW!

I love this show its just so amazing, what a great way to start off season 3, season one was soooooo awesome and season two was awesome but not as awesome as season one, but i think season three is gonna be the best yet, sorry i know season three is gonna be the best. Anyway this season starts up straight where it left off in season two! nathan's dyin but someone saves him who could that be? your just have to watch and find out but its awesome! We see hardcore future peter and his as ace as ever, and soo too is sylar he is the greates villian on tv, and he goes after clare and its pretty intense to say the least, mohinder finds a ay fo give ppl abilities, matt finds him self lost in a dessert and u find out mrs petrelli power! But ive gotta say when sylar attacks clare and does you know what to her and what she says to him and his reply was so hillarious i had tears coming out of my yes it was so funny. but heroes is back and its back with a bang an on top form as usual. hroes rocks!
  • Complete excitement seriously.....just watch and concentrate, and be ready for wats to come.....

The premiere was as i expected, and it didnt let me down. I think the show is gong to the right track, but i rly rly wish they dont make many people with powers or something, cause the reason i watched heroes is becasue they were only few individuals having powers, we dont wana see any more powers for mohinder and i dunno wat. I hope this show stays the same, and no MORE heroes, cause these r the best and no additions. I hope they also wipe out the guy that appeared to matt parkman, he is totally unnecessary, i hope sylar kills him off or something. ALL IN ALL, HEROES IS BACK!!!!!
  • My first thoughts after part one of the premiere? Now, that's how you bring a show back! Needless to say, I was wide-eyed and flabbergasted after the opening scenes…and it wasn't the last time.

WARNING: Spoilers contained within

Season two of Heroes suffered from the same fate that haunted all of TV land last year: the dreaded WGA strike. Volume two had it's moments to be sure, but seemed to fall short of the lofty mark set by the electrifying first season of Heroes. It has been nine long months since Volume two came to a close making this season three premier one of the highest anticipated TV events in history. Capitalizing on the hype and expectations, NBC pulled out the stops with a one hour red carpet pre-show and a two hour premiere. From one geek to another let me just say that the wait was absolutely worth every agonizing minute. My first thoughts after part one of the premiere? Now, that's how you bring a show back! This episode was jammed pack with crazy plot twists, startling revelations, and intense storytelling. From the opening frame we are brought back to the elements that made season one so groundbreaking and addicting. Of course all of our favorite characters are back and even some very interesting new ones join the cast. The episode opens right where Powerless left off and we are immediately treated to a shocking reveal that spins the series into a whole new direction. Needless to say, I was wide-eyed and flabbergasted after the opening scenes…and it wasn't the last time. In typical Heroes fashion we are left with countless questions to keep us coming back for answers. What exactly happens in the future to cause Peter to come back? Is this the same future Peter from season one? What is up with Claire and just how special is she? What exactly is this new formula Hiro has to protect? And there is the new character, Tracy Strauss (played by Ali Larter). Who? What? How? I was very pleased to find out that Nathan does survive and I can't wait to see how his new storyline develops. Is Nathan really a man of faith now or is he just losing his mind? What exactly is Mohinder's new ability? The questions just don't end.

Both Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) and Milo Ventimiglia (Peter) bring the strongest performances as they both take their characters in new directions. Christine Rose (Angela Petrelli) is a strong addition as a cast regular this season which will only add to the mystery and conspiracy surrounding her character. Hayden Panettiere and Zachary Quinto also bring us one of the more entertaining and memorable Heroes scenes as Sylar and Claire come face to face for the first time since season one. The Second Coming wondrously sets the stage for the intrigue that is sure to come as each new chapter of Villains unfurls. While this first episode doesn't overload us with information or moments of shock and awe, it does give us just enough to prove that Volume 3 is going to be stunning to say the least. Tim Kring and NBC have given the fans just what they deserve. Heroes is back and better than ever!
  • awesome, a wonderful episode

Heroes, BACK AT LAST!!!!! I don't about anyone else but YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! It's been a painful nine month period of waiting and speculation and more waiting and more speculation. Finally, the wait is over with Second Coming. And does it come back. It comes back with bangs, twists, turns, suspense, and the excitement only Heroes can provide. Season Three definitely shakes off the stigma of the Season Two slump and it gets back to the wonderful format it started with. If it's been nine long months since the last season finale, this episode picks up right where the finale left off. And right away, it's revealed who Nathan's shooter is, get ready: PETER PETRELLI!!! Well, not exactly him, but the Peter of the future. See, Nathan's speech had a disasterous effect in the future. People didn't take the news so well and acting like what the X-Men crew were always afraid. Heroes are quarantined, relocated, set to camps, experimented on, the whole awful devasting wipeout of superheroes. Hoping to resolve that problem and after seeing how cold and heartless future Claire has become, Future Peter uses Hiro's ability to travel to the present and stop Nathan before anything can happen from the speech. If that wasn't enough, many more surprises are packed into the season premiere: a recharged Sylar finally resumes going after the top prize of Claire's abilities; Nathan is revived only seconds after his death, which has got to be the shortest death of all time; Nathan credits his recovery to God and getting good attention and good quotable speeches, only to find that the person that revived him is Linderman!!! Or is it Linderman? After all, the guy is supposed to be dead. While working on a cure for Maya's destructive ability, Mohinder stumbles on the key to the superheroes' abilities and the way to inject normal people to make them into new heroes. Mohinder, ignoring the advice of Maya, injects himself with a serum and at the final minutes, seems to be turning into a kind of Hulkish figure, superstrength but plenty of anger and inhibition issues. Future Peter is overstaying his welcome in the present, making sure he gets the job done and murders Nathan before he can make the disasterous speech, and displacing Real Peter and Matt in the process so they don't stand in the way of his goal. Claire spends the whole episode ducking around Sylar who has myseriously caught up with her and fending off him getting her powers. Hiro, bored out of his mind with nothing extraordinary to do besides overseeing his half of his father's enterprise, gets another spectacular opportunity when his father's will states that he is left in charge of a dangerous secret that of course will unravel the world if it's opened. Hiro, being Hiro, opens the secret and it's revealed to be one half of a formula (speculation states it's the key to making normal people into heroes), and Hiro only has a minute to take it in before a fiery speedster named Daphne whisks the formula away to Hiro's utter shock. If that wasn't enough, there are more surprises at the end of the show: Sylar (gasps), finally gets Claire's power!!!! Stopping him will be even more difficult than usual. It's revealed how Sylar absorbes the abilities, and no, he doesn't eat the brains but rather uses his original ability to study the workings of where the powers comes from in the brain. Claire doesn't die and is kept full awake, painfully, and Sylar leaves her, task done. Claire, confused, asks why Sylar won't kill her and in an odd state of humanity, Sylar reveals to Claire that she can never die. She's immortal. And now, as he says, so is he. Hiro travels to the future to see what damage the stolen formula would wreck and he sees the destruction of Japan, not before he sees best friend Ando, with fully equipped red lightning powers, zap his friend to death. A mysterious woman named Tracey Strauss is girlfriend to a politician and she looks an awful lot like Nikki. Hum. . .another split-personality perhaps? Matt's displaced by Future Peter in Africa, Future Peter's put Real Peter in the body of a dangerous superpowered felon, who is locked up in Sector Five of the company with other extremely dangerous superpowered felons, felons Sylar is aware of thanks to the carelessness of Noah?, and is on his way there. Meanwhile, Angela Petrelli finally reveals her superpower, and it's to dream of the future. All of these surprises and more are packed into an hour with amazing results. There is plenty of hilarious humor and adventure Heroes is known for, added with a darkness that is unusually new and will probably continue in this season. Some characters are put off in the sideline: Micah is M.I.A. in New Orleans and Molly is placed in protective care by her foster parents. And of course, the girl from last season Peter fell for is still stuck in a future that will never happen now, so she's probably permenately written off. And who knows how long Future Peter's going to stay? He's definitely a lot more hardened and ruthless than Real Peter. But, the premiere was all anyone could ask for, a mjor and triumphant return to a spectacular show, and hopefully, more people can come back and see this wonderful show.
  • TV is lacking these days.AM I right?.No more reality TV.No middleaged women's dramas to escape their boring lives(grey's,desp HW,dipstick jungle).Don't even get me started on the cw. I need heroes to capture the glory of it's 1st season. the verdict?

5.5
    Let me say I am/was a big fan. Season 1 had moments where I would just laugh about the plot twists, and the chill up my spine when something unexpected happened. I was hearborken when eve died, and very sad to see the painter go. All in all there was so many details that made this show one of my fav's. The tension built up to the season finally…then something terrible happened to my favorite rookie show.
    1) Peter lost the battle of the titans…a muched hyped anticlimactic dud (ya know peter, you are telekentic too…you can hit him back if you like!) and friggen nicki of all people takes down sylar (technically Hero N…but it was nicki that did him in)
    2) Sylar didn't die…and no one noticed. I mean Everyone was there
    3) Like 2, Death suddenly had no sting. How is it that now every character (NOAH especially) suddenly can be brought back…it just makes everything underwhelming.
    Season 2 was forgettable, but this is forgivable with the writings strike and all, but oh, the plot holes!
    So, here we are, the show has a ton of time to retool, and above all get credibility back. The previews come reigning down and even the comic convention says the 1st show is redeeming. I get my snack ready, take the phone off the hook…here we go. My reaction was …meh
    1) Nikkie is back…I liked her better dead…but no one dies anymore, right? 2) Nathan is alive…after being dead, because no one dies, right?
    3) How the heck did Sylar get away from Molly…she can find him if he's less then a block away
    4) OK, OK. Peter can go back in time, why not go back to when he finds clair alone and crush him dead…
    I cannot continue. This show may very well have sealed its fate with too many plot holes, and removing death's sting…it's just plain getting old.
    I'm giving it until episode 4 to start making Sense. I would rather re watch all of lost then continue in this nonsensical tripe. Get it together Heroes!
  • Starring: Jack Coleman, Greg Grunberg, Ali Larter, James Kyson Lee, Masi Oka, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Zachary Quinto, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Dania Ramirez, Christine Rose, Milo Ventimiglia. Future Peter makes things worse to prevent the future.

How long has it been since Heroes has aired? Nine Months! Way to long in my opinion. Well, the show came back with a bang as Claire (Hayden Panettiere) shoots, well attempts to, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) in the future. The explosive season opener gave the show many different shockers and thrill rides throughout the two-parter episode. We learned a lot and got acquanted with some of our favorite characters again. I really don't enjoy two-parter episodes, and that was one of my biggest problems with the episode, other than Matt (Greg Grunberg) being sent to the desert and Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy) getting powers. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) attacking Claire was a big shocker and something that i didn't expect the writers to do. Tracy Strauss (Ali Larter), i really do not think is Niki, but i really don't know. How could she have a different power, i mean Niki and Jessica had the same ability. IDK! OH! And the vision that Angela Petrelli (Christine Rose) had was amazing, and so scary and exciting in an i can't put this book down kind of way. I thought this was a great episode, as shown above with a 10.
  • Was it just me...Or was this Season Premiere completely Confusing?

Was it just me...Or was this Season Premiere completely Confusing? The second season was ok, but could have been better. This season jumped the shark taking the characters ahead and then back again. Peter Petrelli is who? Claire is different? Nathan dies and comes back. Lets not forget, Nikki who apparently is not Nikki.Matt gets blasted to a dessert where a Psychic man finds him. Can't we just slow down and return to the heroes Storyline from the first season. Everything just seems so rushed. I was just not happy with this highly anticipated third season premiere. Maybe further into the season, it will explain itself.
  • Villians are upon us...

The story starts four years in the future with Claire making a poor attempt to kill a future Peter Petrelli, who then goes back in time and shoots his own brother Nathan as we saw at the end of season 2.

Then we're teased by a short Hiro and Ando sequence before we go back to present day Claire who opens the door to Sylar, he takes Claire power and now he's untouchable.

We get to meet some new characters, a cute girl who's a 'speedster' and some old ones we thought where long dead.

Suresh gets powers, yes Suresh! he works out how his powers work and things get intresting when see Angela's secret power.
  • Pretty cool episode, kept me on the edge...

This episode didn't deserve a ten, maybe not a 9.5, maybe a 9.3/9.4, but it was still amazing and wonderful. It was just one shock after another basically, and it didn't really leave anytime to recuperate after each one. I'll start with Claire's storyline. Claire, Claire, Claire. Wow. This episode really changed my views on her. From the beggining, where she held Peter at gun-point, to the point where Sylar stole her power. That scence, by the way, was definetly the scariest part of the episode, it was like one of those episodes in a horror movie. Then Niki's storyline. Oh, wait, Niki didn't have a storyline. Instead, there was a brief appearance of "Tracy". More of her character is revealed in the next episode.

The Petrelli brothers got the highlights of this episode, in my opinion. Future Peter was actually the shooter of Nathan, and remains in this time period while present Peter is locked away in another person's body (poor him, poor poor him..) The bad thing is that Nathan gets super religious, and that turned me off in this episode. Not that I'm against the religion, it was just boring. Linderman appears.

Matt wakes up in the middle of the dessert. Alone. Also, Mohinder finds out the secret to the heroes' powers, but uses it to give himself powers. Boo, I wanted Mohinder to stay powerless so he could be a hero as a human being, but oh well. And, Hiro goes into the future and sees that Ando has powers, and he kills Hiro as well lol. Ando is the man!

Again, overall I liked the second episode a bit more than this one. But, this episode was stil pretty great and reawakened my love for the show!
  • Not horrible, but also not successful at reinvigorating the series.

4.5
    After a Season 2 which felt like a dull retread of Season 1, I had been hoping for a fresh start to Season 3 which would rekindle my interest in the show, based on the interviews I had read about this upcoming volume. But it felt like the same old thing, not any different from the episodes of last season.

None of the characters have been given memorable storylines in the small portion of the show allotted to them. While the prospect of Ando conflicting with Hiro in the future is intriguing, I don't look forward to a tiresome storyline of Hiro chasing the irritating thief for a formula he should never have taken out of the safe. The most disappointing part is that Hiro and Ando didn't make me laugh, when I could always count on them for comic relief.

Instead of Hiro stuck in feudal Japan, there's Matt stuck in Africa. Instead of Nikki or Gina, there's a brand new persona. Instead of New York being destroyed, it's Tokyo. And there's also Sylar outsmarting our "heroes", now even worse since he can't be injured. By the end of the episode, he is again in the facility and you have to wonder when he will escape yet again to assemble the army of villains that Mrs. Petrelli sees in her dream.

I'm glad Nathan didn't die, but it is a bit much to see him, Nikki and Mr. Linderman back, even though he clearly died in Season 1. With everyone pretty much helpless in this show, no wonder the world is threatening to end every year. While I'll continue to watch, it is difficult to care anymore since it's always the same threat, always the same villain, and always the same sense of replay when you watch this show.
  • This episode caught me off guard.

I am sure everyone had theories as to who shot Nathan Petrelli, little did I suspect that his brother, Peter from the future would travel backwards in time to shot him to prevent him from going public with his information. Now Peter in the present is trapped in another persons body. That was so bloody brilliant. What I like about season 3 is that the show is getting darker and has a different tone to it from season 2, which in my opinion was very good despite what some people thought. Tim Kring presents the show like an onion that has many layers. He slowly pulls back the layers one at a time to reveal what the plot is about. There are many twist and turns to the show. The first episode of the third season shows just how brilliant he and his staff are. As the season progresses I am sure the show will get darker and continuing to do so with many plot twists and turns. I have not been this excited in a T.V. show for quite sometime. The last time I got this interested in a show was when a dear friend of mine told me about Jericho. I already have seasons one and two on DVD. I cannot wait for season three to surface on DVD. I hope there are many more seasons to come.
  • Different than the previous seasons

This episode was very different than most of the old ones. The tone is very dark, which is not a bad thing at all. I must admit I was a little bit confused when I saw the episode, because it was such a long time since I saw the finale of season 2, and I had to get all the characters straight ;-)

What I especially liked about the epsiode was Hiro, as always, he is really funny :-)
    We have to see what Sylar is up to this season, I don't like him very much, but maybe he gets some nice plots this time, other than the usual "I want all powers and kill everyone".
  • This episode is the EXACT reason why I love Heroes so much.

Wow. That's all I can say to a season opener that is better than the whole second season combined.

Maybe it was the excitement that the show's back, but I just couldn't help but notice that they upgraded the series a couple of notches. Sylar being back really scared me, especially now that he took Claire's power. I loved the scene where he opened her head, took her power and later threw the top of her head back, it was hilarious, and it shows a different side of the series that I adore deeply, and that's the humor.

Future Peter replacing the Present Peter wasn't my cup of tea, to be honest, and I really didn't like Nathan going all religious and spiritual. But these are the only things I didn't like.

Hoping the rest of the season will be as good as this episode!
  • is this heroes or the 4400 ?????

2.5
    20 minutes into the episode and i kept saying to my self..i've seen this before .. then it hit me..the 4400 .. i was sad to see that show get of the air..but now to see the same plot play out here !!! the whole "every one can be a hero and have a power"..the "nathen going to church and becoming saved"..
    evil vs good .. to better man kind..that whole story line was the plot of the last 2 seasons of the 4400.. i thought this was unoriginal..they just copied the best parts of that show and brought it here..i really hope the next episodes are better than this..
< 1 2 3