Heroes

(Volume Three: Villains) The Second Coming

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 22, 2008 on NBC

• Pretty cool episode, kept me on the edge...

This episode didn't deserve a ten, maybe not a 9.5, maybe a 9.3/9.4, but it was still amazing and wonderful. It was just one shock after another basically, and it didn't really leave anytime to recuperate after each one. I'll start with Claire's storyline. Claire, Claire, Claire. Wow. This episode really changed my views on her. From the beggining, where she held Peter at gun-point, to the point where Sylar stole her power. That scence, by the way, was definetly the scariest part of the episode, it was like one of those episodes in a horror movie. Then Niki's storyline. Oh, wait, Niki didn't have a storyline. Instead, there was a brief appearance of "Tracy". More of her character is revealed in the next episode.

The Petrelli brothers got the highlights of this episode, in my opinion. Future Peter was actually the shooter of Nathan, and remains in this time period while present Peter is locked away in another person's body (poor him, poor poor him..) The bad thing is that Nathan gets super religious, and that turned me off in this episode. Not that I'm against the religion, it was just boring. Linderman appears.

Matt wakes up in the middle of the dessert. Alone. Also, Mohinder finds out the secret to the heroes' powers, but uses it to give himself powers. Boo, I wanted Mohinder to stay powerless so he could be a hero as a human being, but oh well. And, Hiro goes into the future and sees that Ando has powers, and he kills Hiro as well lol. Ando is the man!

Again, overall I liked the second episode a bit more than this one. But, this episode was stil pretty great and reawakened my love for the show!
  • Amazing!

Season 2 dissapointing, thankfully season 3 looking pretty good so far. Celevrly written, so much happens. yet you still don't understand. Nikki and Linderman are back (how?!) Future peter and present peter mix, present peter isn't peter. Ando somehow has a power and betrays Hiro. Sylar got Claire's power, but she still lives. Its all pretty crazy, and it could get too complicated ofr the shows own good, but I hope it doesn't becasue its brilliant. I'm very happy that sylar didn't kill claire though, becasue claire such a great charecter. Also Mohinder now has a power (super strenght I think) which was pretty unexeptced but I'm happy.
    Soo much happened in this season opener, it's kinda crazy, hope the rest of the season doesn't dissapoint! Amazing show, great episode.
  • Villians are upon us...

The story starts four years in the future with Claire making a poor attempt to kill a future Peter Petrelli, who then goes back in time and shoots his own brother Nathan as we saw at the end of season 2.

Then we're teased by a short Hiro and Ando sequence before we go back to present day Claire who opens the door to Sylar, he takes Claire power and now he's untouchable.

We get to meet some new characters, a cute girl who's a 'speedster' and some old ones we thought where long dead.

Suresh gets powers, yes Suresh! he works out how his powers work and things get intresting when see Angela's secret power.
  • A u turn in what made heroes good

I'm not arguing with the overall quality of the show as of series 3 but several things have changed heroes from being unique to being a bit more run of the mill.
    Firstly, heroes is too much like x-men now that the whole origin of powers has been demystified( similiar to how Star wars demystified the force).The show is now less independent, especially with the whole 'being able to give and take powers business'. Secondly, powers are being repeated too much. For example there are at least 3 ppl who have had future vision and the show has become too fast moving to portray any story twist in a meaningful way.
  • Review

I can all ready tell I am going to like Season Three better then Season Two. Let's start off with the big twist in the first couple of minutes. Future Peter is the one who went back in time to shoot Nathan that day and let me say that I love the twist. Heroes usually overdoes its twists (more on this in the second episode) but this one I felt was very reasonable and very interesting from a writer's standpoint. I still don't understand how Future Peter exsists after he goes back in time and changes things, but the same could be said for most of Season one and Back to the Future as a whole. "Alternate Timeline" would seem to be the most logical way of explianing this. They dropped Molly from the storyline and I respect that they at least mentioned it. Mohinder's storyline in episode one was without a doubt the best one I thougt. Having someone who has been around forever but never really had any special powers has always been interesting to me. Now he has injected himself with something and his storyline seems interesting from here. Couple of comical moments from Hiro, who isn't the best character in the show but every show has some comedic releif. Overall - solid first epsiode back but too much attention was paid towards Nathan/Peter in this epsiode which to me actually came across as very boring and unneeded.
  • A Great Starter, let's hope they keep it up...

There was answers, but still they neglected one that I felt was important, What happened to Peter's Irish Girlfriend who got stuck in a Virus-infested alternative future? ok, with that said... let's start on these one.

We get YET a glimpse of another future that must be avoid, and at the same answer of who shot Nathan.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the whole cast, but this series is going to loose a lot of drama if ANY character gets revived, I mentioned that on one of my reviews of last season, (I called it "The Phoenix Pill Effect") and I say it again.

Cool to see what power the Petrelli's mother has, not to mention she confronts the new visitor from the future without thinking it twice (about time, mom!)

Weird that Mohinder just decided to quit his work on asiolating the gene so easily and so easily started on a new project just on a say-so.

Linderman's back, sort of...

Hiro's got a new quest, a nemesis, and a future shock, every season we see a doomsday scene, this time Tokyo gets it... And to some degrees we get and Star Wars Episode 3 scene....

Sylar gets what he always wanted, and took him only two seasons, not bad...

Check this episode, it's one of the most solids season openers yet.
  • Heroes is saved...

This season premiere of Heroes was amazing and very exciting to watch. it was just so fast paced fill with cool action scenes and horror scenes. This show has finally reached the point where we actually see the Heroes true potential. The scene with Sylar and Cliare where so cool and funny. The part with Claire saying "Are you going to eat my brian?" and then Sylar said "That's disgusting" that was so funny the fact that Sylar was examing her brian when she said it lol it was so funny. A lot of the characters developed into completely different characters this was intresting to watch and very refreshing cant waitto watch more of the awesome show.
  • Too many contrivances mar the final product

(Note: This review covers the first half of the two-hour season premiere event. The second half will be covered in a subsequent review.)

It's safe to say that the writers for "Heroes" had a tall order to fill coming into the third season. The second season was universally seen as a disappointment compared to the first season heights, relying more on repetition than innovation. To be honest, I only have the most vague recollection of the second season, and I have to wonder how many other fans feel the same way.

The writers don't bother with much of a recap; they jump right into the story by explaining the assassination attempt on Nathan Petrelli. I like the idea of Future Peter taking out his own brother to prevent the "hero holocaust", but it's another instance of repetition that could have gone badly. The difference is that Future Peter is still around as an active character, and an unusual one at that. Future Peter is actually a bit of a screw-up, which is a nice touch. He's apparently not smart enough to realize that he has a lot more power than Nathan, and killing him privately would have been a lot easier than killing him publicly!

Conceptually, the story is very familiar, especially to comic book fans. Future Peter's side of the storyline is very similar to the "Days of Future Past" arc of "X-Men" fame, in terms of his plan to jump into the past to prevent an apocalyptic future. It's also very reminiscent of elements of the series "The 4400". So it may seem fresh to some, but overly familiar to longtime genre fans.

Future Peter's arrival is just one element that sets a chaotic state of affairs in motion. Other elements were already in the process of unfolding. Hiro's bizarre decision to ignore his father's instructions, thereby making it possible for the wrong people to get their hands on that hidden half of "the formula", is just plain silly. It was a blatant plot convenience, and even acknowledging that Hiro is often cast as the comic relief, I can't believe he'd be that stupid.

The revelation regarding Ando is a lot more interesting, because it's not necessarily what it seems. Everything in that glimpse of the future is designed to make Ando look evil for wanting the formula. But who's to say that Hiro isn't the one who goes rogue in the future? An awful lot of context is missing. One thing, however, seems clear: those without powers in the first two seasons don't look to stay that way for long.

That said, Mohinder's decision to inject himself with the adrenaline-laced version of the metahuman serum (promicin, anyone?) was reckless, to say the least. It does propel Mohinder on a very different path, but why would he toss caution to the wind in such cavalier fashion? It felt like another instance of plot convenience. (Never mind that Mohinder is now drooling all over Maya, who is less annoying than in the second season, but still seems like cannon fodder. Besides, what would Matt Parkman think of this development?)

That said, it is interesting to know that the coming apocalypse is not just due to Nathan's decision to "out" the metahumans. It's the combination of several pieces of the same puzzle. One might argue that even had Nathan died, Hiro would have still released the formula and Mohinder would still have created the metahuman serum. Had Future Peter successfully killed Nathan, would it have been even more of a disaster? Given the endless warnings of Earth-shattering peril, maybe not so much!

Sylar was billed as the ultimate villain in the first season, and his return was portentous in the second. How ironic that "saving the cheerleader", the stated goal of the first season, is rendered completely moot in the third season premiere? Way to undercut your best season, folks! We finally get confirmation that Sylar is not, in fact, eating brains, but rather studying how the metahuman brains work (something I've been saying for quite some time). I'm actually more interested in the revelation that the Bennetts have a super-secure kitchen pantry. Sylar's telekinetic powers were no match for those wooden slats!

All of these items touch on the inexplicable, as the writers reboot the series a bit to get things back on track. Two additional elements, however, come right out of Bizzaro World. The whole Nikki/Jessica dynamic has been tossed aside in favor of Ali Larter's confusing portrayal of a governer's aide and mistress named Tracy Saunders. This latest development doesn't seem to fit at all (unless the writers were just looking for a way to keep Ali Larter around).

Then there's the apparent revelation that Linderman was never truly killed at the end of the first season. I, for one, don't buy it. Nathan is already showing some serious instability with his assumption that his resurrection was a gift from God. The evidence is pointing to an unforeseen healing ability (since he recovered from two apparently fatal situations in the last two premieres), which might explain something about Claire. What if the Petrellis are descendants of Adam Monroe? In fact, what if all the metahumans can trace their abilities back to Adam?

There are plenty of good possibilities for the future, but that has always been the case for "Heroes". The trick is to escape the growing sentiment that "Heroes" was a one-season wonder. The writers need to take this season into uncharted territory (at least, in terms of the series' own territory). So far, this season premiere shows promise, but the writers are relying on a ton of questionable plot contrivances to make that move.
  • A hero from an alternate reality tries to fix everything that's happing in the future. He travels to the past to undo all the damage.

The episode starts with Future Peter running for his live, he jumps into a building where he finds Future Claire with a gun 4 years from now. Future Claire shoots him, but he stops time, takes the gun and goes back to the past at the press conference where Nathan is going to reveal his powers to the public. Peter shoots Nathan, runs and is chased by Present Peter. Future Peter captures Present Peter and sends his body to the future into the body of Jesse Murphy, a level 5 prisoner at the company prison. Nathan heales from the shooting by apparantely "Mr. Linderman".

Hiro gets a DVD message from his father. The message says that Hiro never should open the safe. Hiro doesn't listen to his father and finds a half formula inside. The formula gets stolen By Daphne, who calls herself a "Speedster".

Hiro travels into the future because he wants to know what happens with the formula and to the world, he finds Ando there which somehow has a power now. Hiro sees Ando stealing the half of the formula.

Sylar visits claire at her home to steal her powers. Sylar keeps her alive. Mohinder Suresh finds out how the abilities of evolved humans appear and injects himself with a dose. Mohinder changes into a human with advanced reflexes.

Matt gets send to an unknown place by Future Peter after Matt found out that Peter is not the Present Peter but Future Peter.

Angela Petrelli confronts future peter and reveals her power.
  • Redefining moment for a unique show.

The first episode of season there had me very worried. It could either be very good and make me want to turn in or it could leave me asking why do I bother to watch. The season three first episode ("The Second Coming") made me stand up and cheer. HEROES was back and in fine form reminding me of season one and the terrific turns and angles that made me leave "24". I want to offer Tim Kring and cast, writers, production crew a huge kudo for the work they did. The writers strike looks like it paid off.

Of course, when I saw the title, I knew that it would involve our favorite villian, Sylar. He's got a huge grude going, and he wanted Claire. He had not succeeded before in getting her ability so he would try again. More on that in the next episode!

I was so afraid that Nathan was going to die. Here he is, shot twice in the chest, heading to the hospital and we learn that it was his brother, Future Peter, who did it. His miraculous healing took me by surprise. Not more so than the revelation he had and Lindeman's appearance.

I could write more but that would ruin the fun of this first episode!
  • Oh my god that was amazing! WOW!

I love this show its just so amazing, what a great way to start off season 3, season one was soooooo awesome and season two was awesome but not as awesome as season one, but i think season three is gonna be the best yet, sorry i know season three is gonna be the best. Anyway this season starts up straight where it left off in season two! nathan's dyin but someone saves him who could that be? your just have to watch and find out but its awesome! We see hardcore future peter and his as ace as ever, and soo too is sylar he is the greates villian on tv, and he goes after clare and its pretty intense to say the least, mohinder finds a ay fo give ppl abilities, matt finds him self lost in a dessert and u find out mrs petrelli power! But ive gotta say when sylar attacks clare and does you know what to her and what she says to him and his reply was so hillarious i had tears coming out of my yes it was so funny. but heroes is back and its back with a bang an on top form as usual. hroes rocks!
  • Starring: Jack Coleman, Greg Grunberg, Ali Larter, James Kyson Lee, Masi Oka, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Zachary Quinto, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Dania Ramirez, Christine Rose, Milo Ventimiglia. Future Peter makes things worse to prevent the future.

How long has it been since Heroes has aired? Nine Months! Way to long in my opinion. Well, the show came back with a bang as Claire (Hayden Panettiere) shoots, well attempts to, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) in the future. The explosive season opener gave the show many different shockers and thrill rides throughout the two-parter episode. We learned a lot and got acquanted with some of our favorite characters again. I really don't enjoy two-parter episodes, and that was one of my biggest problems with the episode, other than Matt (Greg Grunberg) being sent to the desert and Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy) getting powers. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) attacking Claire was a big shocker and something that i didn't expect the writers to do. Tracy Strauss (Ali Larter), i really do not think is Niki, but i really don't know. How could she have a different power, i mean Niki and Jessica had the same ability. IDK! OH! And the vision that Angela Petrelli (Christine Rose) had was amazing, and so scary and exciting in an i can't put this book down kind of way. I thought this was a great episode, as shown above with a 10.
  • Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing else to say than awesome! I really loved it! Everything is developing so fast and the actors are really improving and the storyline is great! I love all those twists. So, Sylar took Claire's power. Those scenes of their fight were awesome! Sylar can be really scary sometimes! :) And I loved that part when Claire asked him if he's gonna eat it! Lol! So, seems like he is only examining brains, not eating them.
    I love that Future Peter twist, I think it's awesome! And Mohinder got powers that seem to be cool! All in all, I loved every second of this episode!
  • what a knock off.

I mean come on. Season one was ok, season two was blasphemy, but season three (so far) that's just naming "The 4400" in a different name, replacing it with bad scripts and bad acting. All the adrenaline gland BS and "all I have to do is to stick a regular man with this syringe and he turns superhero" speech, that's "The 4400"'s Promicin shot. They forgot to say that it has a 50-50 chance to work or to kill the person who is injected and that's is exactly, you guessed it, "The 4400".

Better luck next season.

P.S
    Where have all the good scriptwriters disappeared to? Did they all die after completing "Farscape", "The 4400" and "The Wire"?
  • SYLAR!

Sylar is immortal! Yes, yes, yes! I don't see why they insist on having any other characters in this show. It would be impotent without him.

I actually wanted fatty cant-act-wont-act Clare to die by Sylar's hands. She is of no use to anyone, and is simply annoying.

Peter's time travel and subsequent shooting of Nathan was awesome. And how he alters the destiny of humanity sounds like an exciting avenue to explore writing-wise. So don't blow it on your pathetic minor characters - namely split personality (her in her underwear did nothing to reduce my utter contempt for her totally pointless "power", storyline or non-existant acting abilities), maya (again a pretty face who cannot act despite an awesome power) or the new "speedster" character (what is it with the non-acting?!).

Hiro played true to form by messing up the future again. Moronic writers! He is clearly a gifted actor and deserves better storylines.

Mohinder was finally given powers just before he crossed the threshold into god-awful annoying. His future relationship with Maya is going to be painful viewing.
  • A fast paced, adrenaline charged, action packaged season premiere.

Heroes starts with a bang as unseen twists and double crosses - the least of which is the identity of who shot Nathan Petrelli - sends beloved characters
    through much darker paths than we ever expected. Time travel breaks families apart, the least of them being the Walker-Parkman-Suresh, as Peter tries to fix the future even if he must break both the Petrelli and the Bennet clan in the process while Claire & Mohinder discover the true nature of a power that might change each of them forever in their own unique way.

All in all a great opening that shows the audience what to expect from this season.
  • More like the second good season!

Heroes returns and it is better than ever. Sylar makes unexpected visit to Claire's house, Mohinder finds new information about Mya, Hiro opens a safe and finds a new way to save the world, and the shooter is revealed.

If you haven't gotten the point yet, there was a lot of stuff going on last night! Not only has the show experienced one of the best episodes in a while, but this also may be the best season. There are no new characters and the story is very plain and simple. Too bad the writer's strike happened, this one could have saved some viewers last season.
  • My first thoughts after part one of the premiere? Now, that's how you bring a show back! Needless to say, I was wide-eyed and flabbergasted after the opening scenes…and it wasn't the last time.

WARNING: Spoilers contained within

Season two of Heroes suffered from the same fate that haunted all of TV land last year: the dreaded WGA strike. Volume two had it's moments to be sure, but seemed to fall short of the lofty mark set by the electrifying first season of Heroes. It has been nine long months since Volume two came to a close making this season three premier one of the highest anticipated TV events in history. Capitalizing on the hype and expectations, NBC pulled out the stops with a one hour red carpet pre-show and a two hour premiere. From one geek to another let me just say that the wait was absolutely worth every agonizing minute. My first thoughts after part one of the premiere? Now, that's how you bring a show back! This episode was jammed pack with crazy plot twists, startling revelations, and intense storytelling. From the opening frame we are brought back to the elements that made season one so groundbreaking and addicting. Of course all of our favorite characters are back and even some very interesting new ones join the cast. The episode opens right where Powerless left off and we are immediately treated to a shocking reveal that spins the series into a whole new direction. Needless to say, I was wide-eyed and flabbergasted after the opening scenes…and it wasn't the last time. In typical Heroes fashion we are left with countless questions to keep us coming back for answers. What exactly happens in the future to cause Peter to come back? Is this the same future Peter from season one? What is up with Claire and just how special is she? What exactly is this new formula Hiro has to protect? And there is the new character, Tracy Strauss (played by Ali Larter). Who? What? How? I was very pleased to find out that Nathan does survive and I can't wait to see how his new storyline develops. Is Nathan really a man of faith now or is he just losing his mind? What exactly is Mohinder's new ability? The questions just don't end.

Both Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) and Milo Ventimiglia (Peter) bring the strongest performances as they both take their characters in new directions. Christine Rose (Angela Petrelli) is a strong addition as a cast regular this season which will only add to the mystery and conspiracy surrounding her character. Hayden Panettiere and Zachary Quinto also bring us one of the more entertaining and memorable Heroes scenes as Sylar and Claire come face to face for the first time since season one. The Second Coming wondrously sets the stage for the intrigue that is sure to come as each new chapter of Villains unfurls. While this first episode doesn't overload us with information or moments of shock and awe, it does give us just enough to prove that Volume 3 is going to be stunning to say the least. Tim Kring and NBC have given the fans just what they deserve. Heroes is back and better than ever!
  • The future, The Past, Rebirth

There are so many fantastic items in this episode. I loved that Claire's character was so darkly portrayed in the flash-forward. So different from her cheerleading / bright / peppy personality. I also loved Nathan's resurrection too. It might have been expected by others but it was unexpected to me. Hiro's character brings so much humor to the show, that it's impossible not to grin when you see him. Even though he is moping about because he's bored. He missed being a hero ... and wants to save the world ... again. Of course, we're getting pretty used to Hiro bumbling around, and he does so again by going strictly against his father's instructions. Humor injection!!! I liked the new character, Flashette. Superfast running chick thief. She's fun. In anycase, it seems Hiro has found his new calling.The situation with Claire and Sylar was amazing. The conversation, and Sylar getting the power of immortality. Claire's world is rocked again it seems, and Sylar is just happily walkin' round the neighborhood. Hee. Finally, the next great part and the ending of this part of the 2 parter, Maya and Mohinder. Mohinder is totally crazed by taking the formula that GIVES people powers. Maya is angry with him because he didn't cure her ... but they still get together and knock boots. Which is good for Mohinder, I think he needed a bit of a stress reliever. Oh ... and Nathan found God, and there's a new Painting. The world rent in two. Fantastic eppy, it looks like the season is off to a terrific start!!!
  • Complete excitement seriously.....just watch and concentrate, and be ready for wats to come.....

The premiere was as i expected, and it didnt let me down. I think the show is gong to the right track, but i rly rly wish they dont make many people with powers or something, cause the reason i watched heroes is becasue they were only few individuals having powers, we dont wana see any more powers for mohinder and i dunno wat. I hope this show stays the same, and no MORE heroes, cause these r the best and no additions. I hope they also wipe out the guy that appeared to matt parkman, he is totally unnecessary, i hope sylar kills him off or something. ALL IN ALL, HEROES IS BACK!!!!!
  • Heroes is Saved!!!

• One of My Favourite Episodes of Heroes Ever!

This Episode Should Be Put Down In History As One Of The Best First Episodes of a season ever! Tim Kring brings genius to every word said by the heroes. Future Peter's scenes just show that Milo Ventimiglia is a true actor that can rise to any challenge put to him. Hayden Panettiere and Zachary Quinto together caused a rather disgusting but brilliant handful of scenes. The chemistry between Daphne and Hiro is just pure genius and Heroes would never be the same again if Hiro and Ando didn't get their time on screen. Mohinder getting powers was an amazing scene. Plus, Nathan discovering God was possibly one of the most surreal things a show has ever done to such a hard character.
  • Claire is enjoying her time on the set of Scream while Peter decides the gun really is mightier than a conversation...

So, overall I'd say decent comeback. I mean, I'm on the fence because Heroes can be both brilliant and awful. It started off slow, took of big time towards the end of season one and pretty much crashed and burned all through season two. Still, I wont pretend I'm not hooked.

Starting off, the beginning was awesome, even though Claire still bores me (people, Hayden Panettiere can't act, why wasn't she sent to that creepy ass facility?), future Peter shooting Nathan? Loved it, even though I don't really see why he couldn't just go back and, oh, I don't know, TALK to Nathan and tell him not to tell because it would destroy the world? Anyone? I also wish Nathan would have stayed a creepy looking instead of a boring man of God preaching about angels. Still. Linderman is back so it might turn out interesting, plus coupled with Suresh's injection this might turn into an interesting take on man playing God and reconstructing humanity in the shape of divinity.

Also, it could end up being pointless crap.

Hiro was a delight as usual, the first scene when he's bored in his office playing with the minutes was rather awesome, and he and Ando are always hilarious. The Speed-y chick wasn't really impressive but the fact of her was, I mean how speed looked in its frozen state and how she could move around and stuff even though time apparently stood still. Could be cool. The glimpse of the future was appropriately tantalising, all arrows are pointing in one direction, and it may be good, but there's no way to know for sure…

Which would be an appropriate time to bring up Suresh and Maya, while this is of course highly relevant and important to the plot it was kind of boring. I mean, they don't really have that much chemistry, neither of the characters are all that interesting… Give them some better material and maybe, but that was just kind of bleh. Not as bad as the cheesy horror flick Claire and Sylar stumbled into though. Man, that was bad. Why would she hide in a closet, seriously? And the humming? Please.

But we have to love future Peter, I mean, he's hotter than current Peter that's for sure, and he got rid of Matt! Oh Matt, if only you would stay gone… Still, it's all very important plot wise obviously. Which is what I always enjoyed about Heroes, the strong plot. Plot is important people! Arch-stories are all well and good but nothing beats a good plot, makes us believe there's some meaning to this world! Though they are a bit obvious, first the destruction of Tokyo, then the image in the desert, then the graffiti on the wall just after Suresh gains his super powers. Way to bludgeon in the nails people… For more reviews see http://nerdvana-annihilation.blogspot.com/
  • There's a lot of holes, but it's alright

After waiting for months with no end, the premiere finally came. In case if you were busy checking out Dancing With the Stars or 2 1/2 Men, here's what happened. Future Peter is about to become Future Claire's next victim when he goes back in time to "make things right." We find out that he was the one who shot his brother in present-day and in the process did some shady things, such as sending Matt to Africa and putting the real Peter in a level 5 prisoner's body. Also noteworthy was the introduction of Hiro's new nemisis, Daphne; and the dreaded return of Sylar, America's favorite villain. Meanwhile, after recovering from the shooting, Nathan has a spiritual reawakening while Tracy Strauss is, wait for it, Niki! Finally, Hiro sees in the future that Ando betrays him in the midst of apocalypse in Tokyo, which would leave a major dent in their friendship

Oh Yeah (pros):
    I cannot stop raving how awesome Future Claire is in this episode. Panettiere clearly enjoyed played this complex, deadly and psycho incarnation of her character and I salute Tim Kring for introducing her on the show. Also, after waiting for a year, we see Hiro come back to his comic roots, getting into mischief as the CEO of Yamagato Industries. Finally, we get to see a Sylar that most people probably haven't seen before when he spares Claire life after all that work scalping her, while giving the most hilarious line of the season so far: "Eat your brains? Claire, that's disgusting!" Oh boy.... (cons):
    There are a lot of holes in the plot; i.e. how the hell Niki came back from that blast in New Orleans. Also, considering that this show is called villains, the people from level 5 only had brief appearances, kinda disappointing IMO. Also, I have no idea how Mohinder would want to gain powers when he should be helping out Maya. Finally, I really didn't get why Nathan had to have some spiritual reawakening, it just pushes things to the boundaries.

Bottom Line:
    So far alright, but the second hour could bring this show right where it belongs (see my review under The Butterfly Effect)
  • Different than the previous seasons

This episode was very different than most of the old ones. The tone is very dark, which is not a bad thing at all. I must admit I was a little bit confused when I saw the episode, because it was such a long time since I saw the finale of season 2, and I had to get all the characters straight ;-)

What I especially liked about the epsiode was Hiro, as always, he is really funny :-)
    We have to see what Sylar is up to this season, I don't like him very much, but maybe he gets some nice plots this time, other than the usual "I want all powers and kill everyone".
  • So far so good!

Well the third season did a lot more better than the last season of the show. As usually sophmore sesons don't do as good. But in the end, the sophmore ending of the show did pretty well. To pick off where the show left off last time. I hate it that Clare's powers were taken by that evil Skylar. And that Skylar will be a main focus as he is the main antagonist of the series. Barnone! The Peter twist I think really had nothing to do nor was anybody's cup of tea. As one reviewer as said. But you never know about these things, now do you?!
  • Interesting start to season three, but is it what we hoped for?

After nine months of waiting, Heroes is back with the premiere of season three. While it does kick start a few interesting story lines and raise a dozen new questions, it also leaves a bitter taste in some areas. Mohinder discovering the ability to give people powers sounds like an interesting direction, but it takes the unique quality away from the original heroes when anyone can have a power. One thing we can count on with the show will be it's ability to confuse us with each scene. Now with the thought in our heads that any hero could easily become a villain, while any villain could jump ship to become a hero, we should have plenty of twists and turns to look forward to.

So even with some elements feeling a bit stale, I think we can expect a much better season than season two.
  • Intense!

So, Heroes season 3 starts off with a bang, this episode was really intense, I feel like I have to watch it all once again to properly follow all the twists and turns. This is exactly why I watch this show, the writers never disappoint me. Well, apart from a dip last season, they haven't disappointed me at all. I was hoping for a great start of the season, because there are few other shows on tv right now, that keeps the anticipation up every week. I've really missed this show and I'm so happy it's back, will be tuning in every week!
  • Shaking off the doldrums of Season 2

"Heroes" comes back in a big way with a new season and a story arc that hints that the show may be fully embracing its comic book roots and setting up some epic confrontations. But future plot points aside, the show has already rectified some of the problems that plagued Season 2:

1. Hiro and Ando are back together. These guys were the best part of Season 1, and I'm glad they're together again for more misadventures.

2. An established threat has been set from the season premiere. We know Sylar is back and the other villains are on the loose. In the earliest episodes of Season 2, we spent so much time in feudal Japan and with Maya and Alejandro, it took forever for the new bad guys to be introduced. Fortunately, with Season 3, unnecessary exposition has been cut out and we get right into the action.

Maybe too much happened in this hour, and there are still flaws (Milo Ventimiglia is a terrible actor, no matter how you cut it), but "Second Coming" did a great job of kicking off the new season.
  • Most people say that heroes lost its spark...

Most people say that heroes lost its spark since season one and that nothing is the same...I will tell you why.It is simple,season one had a general idea/plot/quest:,,save the world" and they were trying to stop the bomb...this need was felt through out the whole season.Season 2 lost that main plot...and as for this season:patience,it has only been 2 episodes so far...the first season plot started from episode 3.This is the only thing really missing from season 3...just give it time and i am sure it will come from the next episodes...if not...well,then heroes is going down in flames;but i don't believe it will.
< 1 2 3