Hex Forums

Sky1 (ended 2005)

Buffy, Charmed or Hex ?

THEICE

[41]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 12
    hammerz_13 wrote:
    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUFFY!...then Hex....i never got into charmed...
    why????
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bracques

[42]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 9

it's hex right now. i've been meaning to watch buffy and charmed but i never got to it. they both ended.

archangelcory16

[43]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 32
    bracques wrote:

it's hex right now. i've been meaning to watch buffy and charmed but i never got to it. they both ended.

So did Hex.

mistress_moni

[44]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    Buffy without a doubt. Hex was pretty good but it just felt that alot of times they were trying too hard and just slapped on sex to get higher ratings. Buffy is more crafted. I do love both but Buffy is better. 

ilovemyshows619

[45]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 5
    I like all of them. If you can't pick just think to yourself if Buffy, Charmed, and Hex all had a very new episode coming on at the same time and you couldn't tape them or anything, which one would you pick to watch. I would say Buffy is better.

jewlee14

[46]Jun 27, 2006

Okay...based on season and not the entire series...

Charmed S1-4 (The later seasons seemed to just drag on for sake of keeping it on the air)
    Buffy S1-3 maybe 4 (same reason as above)
    Hex S1-2 (It was getting good and then they end it...WTF)
    Edited on 06/29/2006 9:11pm

nadavp3

[47]Jun 29, 2006
    How can you even compare the three !?

Buffy rules, Charmed as well, and Hex ? ZZZZZZZZZZ....

Hex is sooooo slow and kinda boring. nothing really happens, and it is nerve wrecking.

and the lead character doesn't have any power and she is so damn helpless al the time. thelma is funny and nice and she is the only reason that I keep watching the show

isyraroc

[48]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 1
    Charmed used to be good, before the trash Kern started dishing out after the fourth season. It lacked overall storylines, but I'll be honest and say that my biggest television obsession has always been Charmed.

Truthfully, I'd never gotten into the Buffy hype. I watched the show whenever it was on, and it entertained me, but I never really followed it. It's a good show, I won't deny, but it just wasn't for me.

I've just started watching Hex. Only the first few episodes, and I'm liking them. The characters are well-defined, and the atmosphere is pretty cool.

H_Overman

[49]Jul 1, 2006
    • level: 2

Its really hard to say after the 180 season two took.

For the first season, I'd say the comparison was not fitting.  Hex was not like the other two, in fact, it was an exact replica of Dark Shadows.  Tortured immortal, hesitant witch, lonely ghost, all characters from DS.  It even had the slow plodding pace.

Season two however, starts off with ditching characters and pumping up the pace.  Yeah, its more entertaining, but somehow its tired.  As sexy as Ella is, she's spineless and lacks conviction.  Come on, a 400 year old witch who allows her sympathies to get in the way of her mission.  Its no wonder the world is so messed up when the "good guys" lack the will to follow through.

Also, season two lacks the gratuitous nudity that the first had. 

kiki93088

[50]Jul 6, 2006
    • level: 3
    i like hex, but buffy and charmed are legendary. umm i think hex is a little srtange. british people have weird senses of humor...

kiki93088

[51]Jul 6, 2006

oh, and for the people who never got into buffy and charmed, they sell the seasons on dvd and they play reruns:

buffy- ch. 29 fx at 7:00 am

charmed- ch. 25 tnt at 8 and 9 a.m and 4 and 5 p.m

mon-fri

makgambit

[52]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 11
    Buffy is the better for me. It remained more constant. Charmed slide downhill the last season and was drowning itself with the Billie issue. Hex is great, but its episodes are not as well planed out as buffy was.

claudia40

[53]Jul 20, 2006
    While I do love HEX it is not on the Level of BUFFY yet. And I love CHARM as well but, it really started to suck towards the end.

claudia40

[54]Jul 20, 2006
    While I do love HEX it is not on the Level of BUFFY yet. And I love CHARM as well but, it really started to suck towards the end.

CatDeville

[55]Jul 20, 2006
    I can't believe no one's said it yet...

"Embrace the power of 'and'...."

Cajungirl26

[56]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 33

While I enjoy Hex, I think it doesn't even compare to Buffy. Buffy lasted for what 7 years? Hex not even a year and a half. I think Hex had more episodes in the story if they would have played it right but losing the main character so quickly was a bit ridiculous I think. I mean imagine losing Buffy, for good that is since she has died a few times LOL, so soon in the series. Even their advertising points revolves around Cassie character....yes I'm still a bit miffed over losing her characterTemper Tantrum
    Charmed was a good series too but their were too many storylines that didn't draw me in well enough.
    Edited on 07/27/2006 8:59pm

tmason2752

[57]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    I actually like all three shows. However, if I had to list them in order of best to 3rd best, the order would be; Buffy, Hex, and then Charmed.

ChaseCameron

[58]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 10
    Charmed and then Buffy. Charmed had an awesome run and I enjoyed almost every episode give or take. Buffy is also a great show with a terrific run, but season 1 and the beginning of season 2 just dragged on whereas Charmed's first 2 years were nothing less then spectacular. I have yet to see an episode of HEX. I've seen commercial during Charmed on TNT every so often but Cablevision doesn't offer me BBC America so I'm going to purchase the DVDs once they come out in R1.

Charisma69

[59]Aug 6, 2006
    • level: 18

Buffy is the best for me most definitely.  That show gets better every single time I watch it.  It's been over 9 years since the show first started and I'm not tired of it yet.  I've never loved a show this long.  It's my favorite show, followed very closely by Firefly, Angel, Doctor Who, and Veronica Mars.

Charmed was okay when it first started out but it went downhill fast.  The episodes don't seem to repeat as well either.  Plus, the show is so simple you can just jump in and out of it without watching the eps in between and you'll still know what's going on.  It's kinda like a soap opera that way.   It's great for a bit of light fun but doesn't really require the higher brain functions to watch.

Hex is good from what I've seen so far.  It stinks that they're stopping it in the middle of the second season.  I guess they'll figure we're too dumb to figure that out.  I really like how they were ballsy enough to kill off the main character.  I certainly didn't see that coming.  I'm also surprised at how much the British can get away with as far as sexual content on regular television. 

I can't believe BBC America is making us wait a year to see how it ends.  That's just so wrong.

Saintbrandi

[60]Aug 7, 2006

makgambit wrote:
    Buffy is the better for me. It remained more constant. Charmed slide downhill the last season and was drowning itself with the Billie issue. Hex is great, but its episodes are not as well planed out as buffy was.

I totally agree with this statement. I honestly don't think you can compare any of these shows. Aside from having some witch craft in them they are all different. Buffy wasn't really about witch's, and Willow didn't become full a blown witch for a while. Charmed was all about the magic and witchcraft. Hex is about a witch who dies and one hot guy, but not much magic.

I like all 3 shows. I own all 7 seasons of Buffy on DVD. Charmed went down hill, the whole thing with Billie was just stupid. I like Hex, but I don't love it.