Hex Forums

Sky1 (ended 2005)

Can someone explain to me something about the final Episode "Showdown"

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[1]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 13
    I felt like I was dreaming too and woke up. I have no clue about the ending. Was it all a dream? Part of it a dream? Why no fight at end? Was there a sacrifice? If so, what happened as a result of the sacrifice? Can someone please help?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

claudia40

[2]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 9
    I SECOND THE REQUEST FOR HELP
    I felt let down.......I loved that show alot but season 2 end complete bummer.I wish it would have gotten a chance to go furthure.

AndyNicoEdieLou

[3]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 8

None of it was a dream, I don't think. The reason that there wasn't a fight at the end was because Ella was too weak after Perri stabbed her, so Leon and Thelma decided to get her out of the school before it was too late.

As far as I know, Malachi sacrificed Roxanne (I'm not entirely sure why, but my sister said it was to release the rest of the nephilim from Hell).

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[4]Jul 30, 2007
    AndyNicoEdieLou wrote:

None of it was a dream, I don't think. The reason that there wasn't a fight at the end was because Ella was too weak after Perri stabbed her, so Leon and Thelma decided to get her out of the school before it was too late.

As far as I know, Malachi sacrificed Roxanne (I'm not entirely sure why, but my sister said it was to release the rest of the nephilim from Hell).

If it was not a dream, why did Leon say it was a dream in the last seen? Also if the sacrifice went through and the nephilim were released from Hell, why didn't they kill Leon, Thelma, and everyone else? It the last seen, it appeared to be the morning after the sacrifice. If the sacrifice went through, they should have been killed that night....especially with Ella being weak.

I just think the writers walked away from the show and the producers came up with the last episode...lol...

Also, why name the episode "Showdown" when there is no fight?

tha_morphs

[5]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 12
    I'm guessing that the show was suppose to continued, but was cancelled.

Leon was just joking when he said that it was all a dream. Ella still has blood where she was stabbed so it couldn't be. I really wish they would have ended the series. I've seen too many shows go out like that. Very disappointing.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[6]Jul 31, 2007
    I CAN'T AGREE MORE.

MinkCar

[7]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 1
    Yep--it looks like it was supposed to have been continued in a new season. There were too many leads--the bleeding symbol at the end, Thelma's comment that god has too much else on his mind (as well as her feeling silly in the angel get-up if things were to continue)--that suggest that because Ella failed when she attempted to go back to Malachi's birth and take care of him then (but was stopped by the faerie--who wasn't yet dead in that time period), and that Malachi got god's attention with Rox's sacrifice that they were all to be getting geared up for a big battle (also suggested by Mephistopholes to Leon). But, sucks to be them, they were cancelled. So everything was sort of left to fizzle at the end. So unfortunate.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[8]Aug 1, 2007
    MinkCar wrote:
    Yep--it looks like it was supposed to have been continued in a new season. There were too many leads--the bleeding symbol at the end, Thelma's comment that god has too much else on his mind (as well as her feeling silly in the angel get-up if things were to continue)--that suggest that because Ella failed when she attempted to go back to Malachi's birth and take care of him then (but was stopped by the faerie--who wasn't yet dead in that time period), and that Malachi got god's attention with Rox's sacrifice that they were all to be getting geared up for a big battle (also suggested by Mephistopholes to Leon). But, sucks to be them, they were cancelled. So everything was sort of left to fizzle at the end. So unfortunate.

I agree, however, why name a last episode "Showdown" with no fight??? Regardless if the show was to continue or not.

smallville2k7

[9]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 14
    i think the episode was called shodown in the metaphorical sense of the showdon between powers of good and evil (god and the devil) and not the warriors (ella and malachi)
    and i totally agree, the final ep was a very big let down, cos they never continiude the show

HEXLADY23

[10]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    i know in the show down that malachi won

electricpeppers

[11]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 26

HEXLADY23 wrote:

I'm not sure about that. It was purposefully very ambiguous, if one remembers the rest of the story leading up to the finale Malachi was busy making people give in to their 'deepest desires'. We saw Thelma witnessing Roxanne's 'deepest desire' which was to be sacrificed to God in the spiritual sense -- to become more than just a "sinner", to be pure.

This desire comes true when Malachi sacrifices her in his End of Days ritual... thus the ritual failed because she wanted it so deeply it resolved her desire to do so. Which is why the symbol bled. The ritual failed. Or we can view it as though (as was mentioned in the series), a persons desire is often 'twisted' into something 'dark'. Thus, Roxanne's love for God and her faith was used to aid evil instead of used for good.

PiperPrueLover4

[12]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 18
    Either way, the story was just far too short.

HeXxXeD

[13]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 17
    electricpeppers wrote:

HEXLADY23 wrote:

I'm not sure about that. It was purposefully very ambiguous, if one remembers the rest of the story leading up to the finale Malachi was busy making people give in to their 'deepest desires'. We saw Thelma witnessing Roxanne's 'deepest desire' which was to be sacrificed to God in the spiritual sense -- to become more than just a "sinner", to be pure.

This desire comes true when Malachi sacrifices her in his End of Days ritual... thus the ritual failed because she wanted it so deeply it resolved her desire to do so. Which is why the symbol bled. The ritual failed. Or we can view it as though (as was mentioned in the series), a persons desire is often 'twisted' into something 'dark'. Thus, Roxanne's love for God and her faith was used to aid evil instead of used for good.

thats how i looked at it and it satisfies me way better than just thinking about it ending w/ no action roxannes desires won so the ritual failed thus instead of pissin off god, he just gained another warrior because of her faith and the fire burned malachi and others to a crisp in the midst of it and what leon learned in the midst of all of this that love was the ultimate power or whatever (and that what they have been fighting for... leon for ella, ella for malachi, cassie for azezeal, thelma for cassie & maya, and of course roxanne and her love in her faith/god...) and thats why in the end it was how it should have been roxanne was sacificed for her love in god and leon and ella found love with each other while the bad guys were evil and there for could not love (malachi used ella to trick her into being an sucubi or what ever, azazeal used cassie to make a child...) they could not love so thy burned therefore the symbol bled... and the end of the series (not intentionally they were supposed to go on with more seasons but hell! here we ae trying to solve the puzzle of a "supposed to be continued..." episode)

electricpeppers

[14]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 26
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:

HEXLADY23 wrote:

thats how i looked at it and it satisfies me way better than just thinking about it ending w/ no action roxannes desires won so the ritual failed thus instead of pissin off god, he just gained another warrior because of her faith and the fire burned malachi and others to a crisp in the midst of it and what leon learned in the midst of all of this that love was the ultimate power or whatever (and that what they have been fighting for... leon for ella, ella for malachi, cassie for azezeal, thelma for cassie & maya, and of course roxanne and her love in her faith/god...) and thats why in the end it was how it should have been roxanne was sacificed for her love in god and leon and ella found love with each other while the bad guys were evil and there for could not love (malachi used ella to trick her into being an sucubi or what ever, azazeal used cassie to make a child...) they could not love so thy burned therefore the symbol bled... and the end of the series (not intentionally they were supposed to go on with more seasons but hell! here we ae trying to solve the puzzle of a "supposed to be continued..." episode)

That's a great reading of the ending, I'm so going with that! I like the concept that love (and faith) was what ultimately saved them.

hollacious

[15]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 18
    electricpeppers wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:

HEXLADY23 wrote:

That's a great reading of the ending, I'm so going with that! I like the concept that love (and faith) was what ultimately saved them.

I'll go with that because then it sort of gives us an ending rather than leaves us wondering what would've come next

HeXxXeD

[16]Jul 6, 2008
    electricpeppers wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:

HEXLADY23 wrote:

thanks

alexz_fan89

[17]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    I totally agree. Better than wondering and getting mad. And i always thought it meant it was roxannes blood that spilled from the rock. See how stupid i am?

HeXxXeD

[18]Mar 22, 2009
    alexz_fan89 wrote:
    I totally agree. Better than wondering and getting mad. And i always thought it meant it was roxannes blood that spilled from the rock. See how stupid i am?

lol it took me a moment as well. i was sitting there wondering until i put all the pieces together. it's the writers fault though for not making it as clear as they should have.