Hex Forums

Sky1 (ended 2005)

Some what disappointed

Cajungirl26

[1]Dec 31, 2006
    • level: 33
    When I started watching the show the past summer on BBC America, I became totally addicted.  I admit I was a bit disappointed when Cassie left the show but still thought it had potential.  I even totally blew a gasket, like most viewers in the states, when BBC America announced they would finish airing the rest of the shows, their version of season 2, next summer.  However, I was able to get my hands on season 2 recently and I can't tell you how disappointed in the storyline I was.  At first it started ok but then it got all weird and that ending?!  I'm not sure if it was really supposed to be the true ending but if it was, I'm sorry, it was just plain stupid.  Was anyone else this disappointed in the ending?  The show started with a bang but then it seems like the writers just lost their way....too bad it really had potential imo.  
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

juliane729

[2]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 9
    I totally agree with what you said. I didn't like the ending either (although they lost me right after Cassie left). I did watch the whole series just to see how it ended. I don't think they meant it to be the end of the show though. I seem to remember hearing that it was a bit of a shock that they were ending the series.

Cajungirl26

[3]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 33
    Yeah, with an ending like that it makse more since if it was't supposed to be the true ending because I was like "huh???"  I agree once Cassie left, which seemed like a crazy thing to do with the main character, it just wasn't the same.

electricpeppers

[4]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 26
    I found Cassie to be a rather weak character... she was far too submissive and she never quite had the correct motivation for things. I was glad, albeit shocked, to see her go. I love Ella, I'm glad the cast was shaken up, it totally refreshed the tone of the show.

With regards to the ending, I dunno. I kinda liked it and that stuff with Thelma felt quite post-modern. Although it was never meant to be the series finale thus not everything was resolved. But it was resolved enough that it didn't annoy me. Season 2 was far superior to the first season IMO. I guess there's probably some good fanfic about that takes place after the finale...
    Edited on 02/26/2007 9:11am

ekinnison

[5]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    where can you get the final episode of the series at? i havent seen it yet. is it out on dvd? email me ekinnison@yahoo.com

ekinnison

[6]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    hey where did you get to the last episode at? i live in ohio,usa and they havent showed the last season of the series yet. the last show theyve shown us where ella was committed. help! i wantto see the last show! is it on dvd? please email me ekinnison@yahoo.com

electricpeppers

[7]Mar 1, 2007
    Its on DVD, but uts region 2... so unless you have a multi-regional player it will not work. But you can probably watch them online somewhere. Youtube is good usually. Just find out the episode title, and it should be in there somewhere.

PiperPrueLover4

[8]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 18
    All I was disappointed with was the ending... you can't end a show with the bad guys winning, you just can't!! Though I suppose Hex was definitely unique. But even still... 

electricpeppers

[9]Mar 16, 2007
    Angel ended in a similar way... Malachi didn't win but neither did Ella and Co. They sorta ended as the big battle was about to begin.

bonniekean

[10]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    ^^ I'd say Angel's ending message was 'We'll always be fighting evil'
    but Hex's ending was... I dunno... like open-ended...

electricpeppers

[11]Apr 20, 2007
    Indeed. Open ended in that the writers don't want to kill off Malachi just yet...! I wish they would have. Yeesh, he was annoying.

PiperPrueLover4

[12]Apr 29, 2007
    electricpeppers wrote:
    Angel ended in a similar way... Malachi didn't win but neither did Ella and Co. They sorta ended as the big battle was about to begin.

Which makes it a lot sadder. People probably had at least part of Season 3 mapped out and all their work went to waste because the stupid, stupid channel cancelled it.

electricpeppers

[13]May 7, 2007
    Yeah, I think if there was a season three the show would have been able to wrap that story up. Like you said they probably had it planned which is a shame.

DE1979

[14]May 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    If they maped it out, i wish they would release a book or something on it so that i can at least get some closure.

electricpeppers

[15]May 19, 2007
    Fan-fiction is just as good, sometimes.

PiperPrueLover4

[16]May 22, 2007
    But it's not the same because it's all speculation.

SweetPeaSurry

[17]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 24

Cajungirl26 wrote:
    Yeah, with an ending like that it makse more since if it was't supposed to be the true ending because I was like "huh???" I agree once Cassie left, which seemed like a crazy thing to do with the main character, it just wasn't the same.

I have felt like the show had an interesting premise, I don't think Cassie was slated to die, I think she got a movie role or something and wanted to leave. The thing that I found interesting though, was that the writers brought Ella in so smoothly, like she was going to be coming on all along. I think, had the show continued, even after the 'showdown' we could have seen a new 'slayer' type person or the show could have taken different avenues. It's just too bad that they left so much hanging, and there were so many potential avenues the show could have gone down. Either way ... I do enjoy it even though we have so few episodes, it's nearly like a really great miniseries. Therefor, I'm not disappointed at all.

PiperPrueLover4

[18]Jun 11, 2007

I'm disappointed with the amount that they left hanging, but you are right about the smooth way they brought in Ella. That was very clever- no show has done that before. The fact that Ella actually killed Cassie also added to the air about the show that they are telling a story that has been in the planning from the beginning, and not succumbing to the wants of the actors who play the characters.

They make everything look like that is how they intended it to happen all along.

Still, as much as I love Ella, I think it would have been interesting to see Cassie's powers develop as she tried to take out Azazeal, Jez, the remainder of the Nephilim and ultimately Malachi.

Edited on 06/10/2007 11:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

archangelcory16

[19]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 32
    Guys, the "ending" is not THE ending that the writers planned. Geez. They planned on the show coming back. Sky One then canceled the show. So yeah, the show ended on a cliffhanger, but there was MORE to the story so don't get your panties in a twist, shows unfortunately get canceled all the time before they end.

And Cassie was only killed off because she wanted to leave. And unfortunately the show declined in quality when she left.

PiperPrueLover4

[20]Jun 14, 2007
    We know all that lol.

And I wasn't saying that it they had planned for Cassie to die all along, I'm saying that the fact that Ella killed her made it LOOK like that's what they had planned all along. I disagree, I don't think the show declined at all after her departure- though I was very sad to see her go.