Hex Forums

Sky1 (ended 2005)

Some what disappointed

Cajungirl26

[21]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 33
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:

I'm disappointed with the amount that they left hanging, but you are right about the smooth way they brought in Ella. That was very clever- no show has done that before. The fact that Ella actually killed Cassie also added to the air about the show that they are telling a story that has been in the planning from the beginning, and not succumbing to the wants of the actors who play the characters.

They make everything look like that is how they intended it to happen all along.

Still, as much as I love Ella, I think it would have been interesting to see Cassie's powers develop as she tried to take out Azazeal, Jez, the remainder of the Nephilim and ultimately Malachi.

Totally agree...even if the show wasn't intended to end there by the writers it still ended there and it still aggrevated me that it ended that way. I find it interesting that the young lady who played Cassie was allowed to leave mid-season like that...didn't she have a contract? I did like the Ella character, too, but I just liked Cassie better. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Edited on 06/17/2007 12:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shana868

[22]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 40
    Cajungirl26 wrote:
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:

I'm disappointed with the amount that they left hanging, but you are right about the smooth way they brought in Ella. That was very clever- no show has done that before. The fact that Ella actually killed Cassie also added to the air about the show that they are telling a story that has been in the planning from the beginning, and not succumbing to the wants of the actors who play the characters.

They make everything look like that is how they intended it to happen all along.

Still, as much as I love Ella, I think it would have been interesting to see Cassie's powers develop as she tried to take out Azazeal, Jez, the remainder of the Nephilim and ultimately Malachi.

Totally agree...even if the show wasn't intended to end there by the writers it still ended there and it still aggrevated me that it ended that way. I find it interesting that the young lady who played Cassie was allowed to leave mid-season like that...didn't she have a contract? I did like the Ella character, too, but I just liked Cassie better. Oh well, c'est la vie.

She probably wanted to leave at the end of season 1, which was when her contract would have gone up to, but as the writers would have no clear way into a new set of characters they most probably compromised for her to appear in three more episodes so they could at least wrap up her story and set a more understandable tone for season 2 and her absence.

Musicals101

[23]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 6

I just finished watching the entire series and I can safely say that this show went seriously wrong beginning with the departure of Cassie, which the story never recovered from. I don't know what they originally had planned for the series, but if we think back it started as a creepy fantasy story with Cassie's past intertwining with the cursed family that lived in the estate where the private school is now. All of that base story is completely thrown out the window when the actress decides to leave the show. They bring in Ella who starts off strong and devolves into an emotional mess in many different ways. An assassin who's lived 500 years killing any possible children of Azizeal, suddenly becomes incapacitated because she has a crush on Malichi.Sprinkle on some St. John's Wort and you've successfully ended her 500 years of service. We lose Troy after season 1 even though the last time we saw him he was convinced that Cassie was going to have his child, but why bother following up on that or even mentioning his name again. Leon turns from a complete ass to nicest guy ever. And Roxanne, the b*tch/slut is practically a nun by the end of the series. The only character that stayed true throughout was Thelma. Although, all of the problems that are going on can be traced back to Thelma's selfishness when she outright betrays Cassie and then Ella.

All in all, it was good to put this series out of it's misery, I just wish they knew that the end was coming so they could have wrapped things up. The final episode was horribly done because they constantly have their characters doing out-of-character things. I read through the reviews of the last episode and I agree with the people who can't believe they would even end a season like this. It was such a mess and the fault has to go to the writers. They managed to derail the show rather quickly, but things seem to happen much faster in UK shows. The whole run is equivalent to one short US season. I could see a show slowly go bad over the course of many seasons here, but over the course of 18 episodes they couldn't hold it together. I really don't understand how that happens. Creators start to drift away from their work after a few years here, so you can see a show such as Desperate Housewives slowly getting worse to the point where it's not that noticeable. But you could make a line graph to show where Hex went wrong and how many times.

The thing that destroyed this series is something that would never happen on a popular US show. The main actress in which the ENTIRE plot is based on would not be allowed to leave after 7 episodes. I'm so sorry, did we keep you away from your fabulous movie career for too long? We're sorry.... There should have been an iron clad2-3 season contract!! But I digress. It was a promising show with a lot of good things in it, so it's just frustrating to see it end the way it did. A note to the writers: In the future, it's okay to introduce new characters rather than having your series regulars do whatever you need them to do, even if it's totally against their character. And when you end a season with an episode called "The Showdown" actually havea showdownor atleastsome sort of confrontation between Ella and Malachi. Weren't they supposed to kill each other, even though they were in love just a couple episodes earlier andit was them against the all the forces of good and evil, butthen she realizesshe hates him and really loves Leon who she didn't like 3 episodesago..... nevermind!

hollacious

[24]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 18
    You see I through the second series was better than the first series the only problem about it is that both of the series felt like 2 completely different shows! The characters changed dramatically (Leon and Roxanne became totally opposites to what they were) I can deal with that, the only problem I have is I felt the show had no closure and I wish they had done a third season just to redeem itself since so many people had lost interest