Hey Arnold!

New Bully on the Block / Phoebe Breaks a Leg

Aired Daily 6:30 PM Apr 12, 2000 on Nickelodeon

• Ball games, broken legs and bullies

I like these two episodes.

New Bully on the Block: Just okay. Ludwig, a fifth grader, returns from juvie and fights Wolfgang over Gerald Field. They end up using the fourth-graders in a football game to choose who gets the lot. Some very entertaining scenes, but it didn't get good until the game began. The highlight in my opinion, is Curly, who keeps asking for the ball. When he gets it, he does some ballet moves which effectively disables the other then he runs off with the ball, laughing hysterically.

Phoebe Breaks A Leg: Awesome. Phoebe is having an especially hard time doing stuff for Helga, and ends up walking in front of a bus while doing so, although she only fractures her leg. Helga feels incredibly guilty and vows to do everything for Phoebe until she's healed. Sadly, Phoebe enjoys the attention so much that she makes her cast removable and wears it, pretending her leg is still broken. I enjoy the episodes exploring Helga and Phoebe's friendship enormously as it is, and seeing Helga act like Phoebe is very enjoyable. This time around, the highlight is a scene when Helga has to sit next to Brainy on the bus to give Phoebe more room, and Brainy then puts his head in her lap.