Hey Arnold!

Nickelodeon (ended 2004)

TVTome_Shadow

Hey Arnold! Fan Reviews (175)

• One of the most sweetest animated TV shows on television.

This show has been so real and so decent. UGH!!!! Why can't cartoons today be just like this show?! Nickelodeon NEVER had any good ones, just those trashy fart-jokes shows. Anyways, I love this show and I will never forget it.
  • Hey Arnold! is my life!

This show was my life! It was funny, although Arnold's head was shaped like a football. I loved how he was called "football head" by Helga. I miss it. RIP Hey Arnold! 1996-2004
  • This show was straight up good.

I'll do a review later.
  • Hey arnold got cancelled in 2004 don't worry Cornelius Raibon will be new hey arnold show

Cornelius Raibon born on Halloween birthday on October 31 1985 Cornelius Raibon wear decepticon t-shirt Cornelius Raibon will be on new hey arnold show Cornelius Raibon young black kid I love helga Ruth and lulu that much
  • Great show!

Hey Arnold is one of the best shows on Nick!

Love this show so much! Nick wouldn't know how big the movie would be for the fans.
  • Probably one of the best shows that have ever aired.

Hey Arnold was a great show.

It was funny, entertaining, and at the end of the show, it always taught good morals; though as a child, you may or may not understand it the first time. Anyways, I absolutely adored this show. It showed real world problems, like having an alcoholic mother, an abusive childhood, being ignored, etc. This was back when Nick had real balls; an example would be the episode with Hitler and the war.

I don't watch shows on Nick anymore considering that it's all slop. Same for Cartoon Network. Like honestly, who puts shows with real people on a network for CARTOONS? Anyways, I still watch Hey Arnold, and I'm honestly curious to see what happens.

As for Nick, it's a shame to see them throw away such a great cartoon. Can't believe they chose to throw that other movie in besides the "Jungle Movie". The Jungle Movie would have been a bigger hit considering how you finally see his parents, learn his last name, and see the progression with Helga as Arnold had finally decided to reply to Helga's confession.
  • Remake Hey Arnold! in HD with new seasons!

Really. You see all these positive reviews, Nick? That's supposed to be REALLY GOOD. You can help this generation of growing kids. Don't expose them to crap shows. Because i'd hate to see the kids 20 years from now say "Oh my god remember Haunted Hathaways? That was the shit! Not the crap we have these days!" Have them say what we said. "Hey Arnold was the shit! Not the crap we have these days!"

• The good ol' days!

Words cannot describe how much I miss this show. Hey Arnold was pretty much my childhood. I remember coming home from school and sitting in front of the TV watching this show with a bowl of Peanut Butter M & M's. I loved all of the characters and the overall setting. This show reminds me a lot of my elementary school days and brings back so many great memories. I'm glad it still airs on Teen Nick except you have to catch in around midnight. Definitely will always be one of my favorite cartoons.
  • This show was awesome, and I mean it.

I loved this show, it had good characters that you could relate to, interesting episode ideas, morals to deliver that mostly worked and the ability to make one fell a variety of emotions from happy to sad, it could make you laugh and cry. It was good, but not perfect, I will get to that latter for now I will focus the good stuff and there is a lot.

As I said that characters were good you liked them, they all had they unique personalities and they all were generally likeable, you felt compassion for them, especially Helga, because the show tried to make them sympathetic and it succeeded. The characters were the heart of the show

I loves most of the episodes ideas, I loved the urban myth ones, I loved the family ones, I loved the ones where Helga's secret crush on Arnold almost go revealed, they all were wonderful and while they had similarities, they were different enough to make the episodes unique.

The emotions that the characters have are huge, they can be very happy or very sad, and shift from them in just the timeline of one episode. The result of this is the audience can go through the same emotions as the characters, which is a really good thing for a show to be able to do and It did it perfectly.

There are scenes from this show that still to this day make me laugh out loud and want to cry and that is something that I have not experienced form many shows today.

This show was good, however there were some, well two problems, the episodes did get a little repetitive after a while but that was not too bad. The only other one was the Arnold became a little too wise, I mean even adults were coming to him for advice, and that was a little bit of a stretch.

However besides that I cannot think of anything else wrong with this show. It was as close to perfect as perfect could get.

• The Holy Grail of Entertainment.

Hey Arnold! a show that ran from 1996 to 2004 was one of the greatest show on Nicktoon. The series was a hit and probably one of the best cartoon you can relate with real life issues. The show centers around a 9 year old boy named Arnold, with his best friend Gerald, and a Tomboyish girl named Helga who torments Arnold but secretly loves him. This show has a great humor which is very entertaining, one of the greatest voice acting (One of the few cartoon to use kids to voice act) and every supporting character has a unique realistic role in the show. One of the most appealing aspect of the show was the Holy Grail of any entertainment, Emotion. Helga, the one who really steal the show, is a very deep, interesting and amazing person even with her rough edges around her personality, Arnold is a wonderful motivator and friend. This show combines what life is with great dilemma and jokes.

Sadly the show never had a fitting end after all this year but this series will always be one of a kind.

Lets all thanks Craig Bartlett creating an amazing series.
  • Best Nickelodeon's 90s Cartoon Ever

Hey Arnold! is about 9 year old Arnold who lives in a city with his unusual grandparents. He lives in a boarding house with other people who like his family. He has a cool best friend named Gerald, an unlucky boy named Eugene, a bully named Harold, a Southern boy named Stinky, and a "lead-in" friend named Sid. Helga is the girl that hates Arnold, but actually loves him. Her best friend is Phoebe, who is actually intelligent and they're also friends with peacemaker Sheena. Also there's the "it girl" named Rhonda and her nature loving friend, Nadine and Lila the sweetest girl in the show. Arnold is caring, kind, and a dreamer. Hey Arnold! is one of the only cartoons that you can actually relate to. It doesn't just focuses on Arnold; it focuses on his classmates too. It focuses on real issue like crushes, school, family, etc.

Pros: Funny jokes; creative plots; unique characters; great music ; stunning animation

Cons: Didn't have a proper conclusion.

Overall, Hey Arnold! is hilarious, smart, sad, and interesting. The first two seasons were great, but the last three seasons were the best. Also they didn't used older people to voice the kids, they actually used real kids. It is one of the best Nickelodeon cartoons ever.

• Move it football head!

My favorite nick cartoon ever i would have loved to have been arnold playin ball and hangin out at the stoop with my buds it was heartwarming and really makes me wish i was a kid again!
  • One of the best nicktoons

I wish nicktoons were still like this. now their done in poor CGI and have gross out humor which pisses me off. Hey Arnold was a damn good show, Helga was the funniest character on the show.
  • Only have 4 words to say!

I only have 4 words to say: MOVE IT, FOOTBALL HEAD!
  • A city boy lives his grandma and grandpa in a boarding house.

Craig Barrlet is a fricken' genius! This was one of my favorite cartoons to watch as a child. The entire serious was funny, sad, and both. It should have kept on going. The movie was great, most people didn't like it because they said it wasn't funny enough, it was an ACTION MOVIE! It reminded me of one. It was epic and adventurous. I only wish they could have made the sequel where Arnold finds his parents in the jungle. That would have been the greatest series finale ever. but it never happened. Oh well. hey Arnold was one of the best nicktoon series ever. 10/10 no doubt.
  • Best Show Ever

Hey Arnold! is the best Nickelodeon show ever. Unlike other cartoons,. this is more realistic. The jokes witty and hilarious, amazing animation, and cool plots. The characters are diverse and unique in their own way. There will be no Nicktoon like this because it's unique. It would be cool if they made a second movie. This show has everything; from adventure to romance, from comedy to drama. Also it's one of those cartoons that will make you cry. (I did). Overall, it's the best show ever.
  • A very good show

Hey Arnold was a great show about kids and everyday lives. Arnold is a character who always tries to help his friends and is probably the kindest character. Helga is a bully who always picks on Arnold, when she actually has a crush on him. I don't remember much about this show but what I remember about this show, is that it was great.
  • A Really Good Show Better Than Fred!

A really good show. Better than Fred!
  • Excellent Show

Very funny. This show was amazing and I was angry when they got rid of it and decided to not make the Jungle Movie. Overall it was great.
  • One of the best classic Nicktoon

Hey Arnold! is a much-loved and popular Nicktoon on Nickelodeon. The whole basis of the show is Helga's love for Arnold, but a lot of episodes and storylines focus on Arnold and his friends. Hey Arnold! shows a variety of different characters - even the background characters have 1 or 2 episodes onthemselves. Arnold is a good person and tries to do things right. People at his school seek him for advice and see him as their own advisor.

I think Hey Arnold is one of the best classic cartoon on Nick. I'm so glad that TeenNick brought this show back but it was only for the month of September (same as Rocko's Modern Life). :/ At least I have 9 recordings of it so that I review these episodes next month. I really enjoyed most of the episodes. Before Teen Nick brought it back, the last time I watched Hey Arnold on TV was 2005ish, but I can't remember that much if Nick aired it on that year. I did still remember seeing this show a lot when I was younger before it ended. Now, let's move on the characters. Most of them are very funny. Helga's crush on Arnold is hilarious, yet she can get mean at him and call him football head (which Stewie Griffin from Family Guy had the same head). Gerald, Arnold's grandpa, Ernie, Oskar, and a couple more are funny as well. Overall, I enjoyed this show. I wish TeenNick brought this show back again since they were airing it for only a couple weeks. 10/10

• Just like "Rugrats", this cartoon was my childhood memory and I miss this cartoon very much

Well... remember when Nickelodeon was all about cartoons back then but now they seem to focus on their sitcoms now which isn't bad since some of them are enjoyable BUT you realize how Nickelodeon focused more on airing new episodes of the sitcoms than airing the new episodes of the cartoons. Anyways, "Hey Arnold" was my childhood memories and just like "Rugrats"... I miss this cartoon very much. I watched this cartoon on Netflix to relive my childhood memories and the episodes are still as wonderful as they were as a little kid. This cartoon is also my mom's favorite cartoon to watch and she misses watching this cartoon as well. I remember my mom would always watch this cartoon with me and she has seen every single episode with me as a little kid. The storylines are very creative and the humor is very good. The movie of this show was also epic and just plain hilarious. I own "Hey Arnold! The Movie" on video so I can still watch the movie. Anyways, I have seen every episode and even saw the movie. This cartoon is just so dang good and I miss it so much. Why do out childhood memories have to be canceled. Now, all I have to remember my childhood is "SpongeBob SquarePants" and "The Fairly OddParents", I only have those two to help me out especially SpongeBob. Overall, this is a cartoon that I wish was still on the air right now and "Hey Arnold!" is definitely in my top 5 greatest Nickelodeon cartoons. 10/10

• Oh, that oblong head~

Unlike todays show, this show manage to impress me.

First off, the animation doesn't impress me, but thankfully it doesn't make me want to rip my eyes out. The style suits me for its simpleness. I love Arnold's smiles. ^^

As for the characters, GOD, they are deep and something to enjoy as a adult. One of my favorites had to be Helga. She is a sweetheart to how she expresses herself through poems and writing all this determination onto Arnold the one person to give her attention.

Arnold the main character is also someone kids need to look up to. Willing to listen to others and help them, with a good lesson at the end. I would love for a child to see this instead of the butt humor or fart jokes that airs these days!

The music was pleasing to the ear with a jazz vibe which made me smile to see. Its something different I like to have.

I would reccomend this to anyone. Adult or child, its suitable and keeps children entertain.

I shall miss you oblong head boy. You were the biggest contribute to my childhood and hopefully someone else ^^
  • I Miss this show so much

This is one of the greatest shows from my childhood. I loved it. I didn't get all the jokes but the episodes were great. Almost every single character in this show was good. Almost every episode was. It is a great shame that this show was suddenly canceled, and it is a greater shame it is never aired where I live anymore. I loved this show as a child, and I am quite sure if it were still on for me, even if just by re-runs, that I would continue liking it.

One of the best cartoons ever. 10. Perfect
  • One of the coolest cartoons in the world!

I think "Hey Arnold" is a very special cartoon. I grew up watching Hey Arnold. It is romance and comedy together. Arnold is a good advisor, good friend and good guy at all. Show's more about Arnold's friends and classmates than himself. About Helga's hidden love for Arnold, about Arnold's missing parents, his granpa and grandma and his school, including the teachers. It's a classic and absolutely fabulous cartoon show!
  • "One of my Favorite Cartoons Next to South Park"

I love this cartoon more than Rugrats. It's a great show. My favorite episodes are Helga's Makeover, Harold's Kitty, Ms. Perfect, Rhonda's Glasses, Hall Monitor, What's Opera, Arnold?, Helga vs. Big Patty, Arnold's Room, Curly Snaps,Preteen Scream, Arnold Betrays Iggy, Hey Harold!, Cool Party, Arnold's Thanksgiving, Helga's Show, The Flood, Girl Trouble, school play, student teacher, new teacher, jamie o in love, dinner for four, Phoebe skips, egg story, it girl, deconstructing Arnold, grudge match, polishing rhonda, Helga sleepwalks, helga of the couch, buses,bikes, and sudways, helga'smasquerade, bis sis, new bully on the block, phoebe breaks a leg, summer love, beaned, April fools day, curly's girl, eugene, eugene, A Day in the Life of a Classroom, ghost bride, and phoebe's little problem.My favorite characters are Arnold, Helga, Gerald, Curly, Phoebe andGrandpa Phil

• I love this show,it has all that a cartoon could want great characters,and great stories.

I have all the seasons on DVD and love all of them from start to finish this show never disappointed me in any way. The cast of characters are funny and enduring.

The show was very good at getting it's point across with out being heavy handed in the moral department, plus it was nice to see a neighborhood like this that was simple even with the bustling city surrounding it.

The show is just plain fun to watch and with heartfelt moments in just about every episode, to me this is a show that can be enjoyed by kids and adults.

So if you can buy the DVD's and watch them, with your family and enjoy

• Best Nicktoon EVAR!

After catching up on Hey Arnold! on Youtube, I might say this has quality equal, if not superior than the likes of Spongebob, or Invader Zim.

It's about a neighborhood in the Big City, (Forgot the name, sorry) and the kids having several adventures of breaking world records, winning bike races, new kids, and other things kids have to handle or try.

Arnold is the nicest kid you'll ever meet, who never gives up on anything, and thinks about every solution. Gerald is his best freind who reluctantly tags along, and loves hanging out with kids playing baseball and stuff. Helga is the most interesting character out of all the kids. She is a tomboy and a bully who is impatient and hates Arnold, but yet loves him as well. Harold is a bully with a sensitive soft spot, who is hungry 24/7. (I'm hungry 24/7 too) There's also like 10 other kids, but I don't want to spoil who they are, or their personalities. You'll have to find that out. Oh yeah, and there's also a boarding house where Arnold and his grandparents live, and other crazy people, like a con-artist, a demolition expert, and more.

Now the episode plots might seem dull and average, but they take the stories and use them for comedic relief, and telling kids, not every urban legend is real, there's always a solution, and other wonderful lessons without preaching them too far. The stories can get goofy and zany, but not too much it's not enjoyable or unrelatable.

I could go on for hours, and I still wouldn't have been finished.

10 out of 10.

• This show was the best cartoon of the 90's (even though i liked all shows from 90's nick not including Ren and Stimpy.)I can't believe Craig Bartlett abandoned his best show ever!

This show was awesome!!!!!!!!!! Here is my Review on Hey! Arnold (in a scale from 1-10)

plot/summary-10 The plot to this show is awesome!every episode had a good and entertaining story behind them.

comedy- 9.9 The comedy was really funny,and i personally think that Helga makes this show funny.

Theme song- 10 a nice and funky theme song.

romance-10 Im so into the Helga/Arnold love/hate relationship

action/adventure 2.9 This show was a really good series except this show is not a action/adventure type.Sorry Hey! Arnold.

Overall-10. This show was just simply amazing! This show is about a brave and courageous man named who goes on funny adventures with his pals and has a crush on a girl named Lila.But Helga a girl sorta hates,but loves Arnold,but except never emitted it until Hey! Arnold the movie
  • Arnold meets Gordon who knows Otto, Mike, and 9-Volt who knows Orbulon and Mr. Blik.

This is the best show ever. The football, the Helga, the stuff. They do stuff and play baseball. And Arnold's last name is Shortman. Helga tells Arnold she has a crush on him. Yippeee!!!!! a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z q w e r t y u i o p a s d f g h j k l z x c v b n m 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 Arnold is good. Really!
  • a true nickalodeon classic

wat happend nick? u used to be so memerable back then with shows like are u afraid of the dark? angrey beavers kean and kel wild thornbarries ren and stimpy and many others
    now there gone and hey arnold id one of them. hey arnold is about a boy named arnold who moves in a fictional town of greenhill and makes freinds and helps freinds out with there problms. the plot line is lovable and nothing will beat this show hey arnold is probily one of nick most pro duced shows any way i guisse im lout of room so i guiss this the end
< 1 2 3 4 5 6