Hey Arnold!

Nickelodeon (ended 2004)

TVTome_Shadow

Hey Arnold! Fan Reviews (173)

• How do you call it a show?

0.1
    Nick has a lot of HORRIBLE cartoons but nothing in the world is even close to how awful this show is. Please people, CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!! The freaggin show has NOOOO talent at all what so ever. I\'d rather watch sesame street. Their are shows that I don\'t like for example Powerpuff Girls or Dexter\'s Lab, but at least I can actually watch those shows, I can\'t even watch Hey Arnold.
  • a dumb show about a kid with a football head and does thing's with other kids

god i hate this show so much.god who ever thought of this show should just go out of work i'm serious.a show about a kid who has a football head and does thing's in his neighborhood and has a bully that is a girl who actually's like's him.what a freak how she bully's him and then keep's a picture of him and then talk's to herself about how she like's his head(crazy). i'm so glad how this show ended and it was weird how arnold lived with his grandparent's and a whole house full of stranger's and arnold's friend's talk freakey and look like the have picke nose.
  • Hey Arnold, you're totally lame!

Hey Arnold is a sitcom with a serious lack of originality. The animation is poor, the voice acting is worse, and most of the characters act as if stupidity is something valuable. The primary protagonist is a boy, Arnold, who has a misshapen head and butts into everyone's business. His best friend, Gerold, is an African-American with a Marge Simpson hairdo. And of course, there is Helga, a tomboy who hates Arnold, but has a secret obsession with him. There are many other characters, but I do not want to waste time explaining them, since I rather not speak of psychopaths, cheap-sakes, and various others with severe mental disabilities.
  • Well,it's maybe fine to me.

It's maybe a show which I don't like,but it's fine to me.Well,it was fine with some of the best episodes ever.I can see that it's a very good classic like Rugrats and Rocko's Modern Life.They are both very good classics like this one and I could see that they don't show those shows anymore.Well,I'm not saying that this show is very terrible,it's just that I dont like it,but I think it's very fine to me.I grade this and those shows a C because it was pretty much fine shows and it was better than those classic Cartoon Network shows on there.
  • i hate to be the only one to rate this show so low but i gotta get things strait here

5.3
    ok i used to like this show i like this show when there is humor but there is something i dont get this show is very dull and boring the main character has no personality the only remotly interesting character is helga i like when she beats up that creepy kid alot but thats it
  • Hey look! It's Super-Arnold! He'll save the day!

5.5
    Super-Arnold always has to strike a life lesson in this crud. "Hey, let's make a show about some 9 year old kid that has life difficulties and an insane lovesick girl that can't just send him a love note! It'll be great! These middle school outsiders will have distinct personalities which publish their feelings. Eugene will be this quirky jinxed kid, Harold will be a bumbling fat-butt who is just trying to fit in and Arnold will be the moral supporter of the show! We'll call it Hey Arnold!" I'm surprised this show lasted this long. The "Hey Arnold!" movie was decent. But it's a good thing they cancelled this show. They shouldn't be allowed to say, "c*ap" and "fr*aking" on this show! (No language will be put in my submissions). This is definitely a TVY7 show. And I do love this show at times and it is considered a classic but this review answers the question of the title to these fairly-lame plotlines which asks, "Why did I watch that?" Why DID I watch that? Why did YOU watch that?
  • This show is kinda borring.

5.6
    I use to love this show, bu tknow I think its very borring. The main character is the nicest boy in the world. How old is that? Arnold is passive at times, and isn't the intrasting. Its just about him in the city living with his Grandparents in a boarding house. He will never take off his hat, and never go any where with out it. He does the same thing almost every time. The things he does no one can relate to! He can do anything, but is still borring as heck! So I'm kinda glad that Nick cancelled it, and put more intrasting things on there instead.
  • Not bad.

It is just an average show. Not one that I would take any time to watch. Nothing really stands out about this show. It has some funny moments, but the rest is just bland. I think it is just okay in terms of comedy, but in the storylines and plots area, it lacks something. My favorite part of this show is the basic thing, which is that it doesn't try to do too much. I think that it saves the show from being like others. Overall, not a great show, but it also isn't a bad show either. It is just average. Thank you.
  • I think this is a very good show. If you have not watched it yet then you need to. It makes you laugh alot. Believe me i love this show so much that sometimes i even record it because i want to watch them over and over again. So get.

6.1
    i rate this show like a 6 because i like it alot. sometimes its not funny but than again most of them are. It will have you cracking up. If you havent watched it yet please do so. Believe me you wont want to stop.When you first wathch it you wont want to get off of the couch.The characters are so funny and they will have you
  • Good

6.8
  • Good show.

7.1
    I think that Hey Arnold is a really good show. I still watch it when it comes on and it's one of my favorite cartoons. There are good characters and good episodes. I wish that they still made new episodes but the originals are fairly good just like this show is.
  • One of the good cartoons of the late 90's (read my description)

This show does have a lot of good qualities. It has a few mature themes, somewhat realistic situations, good morals, and good voice acting. It's biggest problem that brings the show's quality backwards is that it is not that entertaining. I remember as a kid when Hey Arnold was on, I would look for something else to watch because it was boring to me. I think it is due to the fact that Arnold himself is almost a perfect character who doesn't have any internal problems. Does bad stuff happen to him? Yes, but Arnold has no development factor, which is something that made old cartoons like The Last Airbender and Foster's Home as well as newer cartoons like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so great. He is a decent role model for kids, but the fact that he is the definition of a good kid makes him an almost unrealistic character.

Today, I can appreciate the show's good qualities, but it's still kinda boring to watch. It's almost a reverse Legend of Korra (that show does some things wrong, but it is entertaining).

I'm giving credit where credit is due. This show is definitely good, but I've seen better in other cartoons. Sorry if I tick off any fans of the show.
  • Hey Arnold is a really great cartoon. It's based on Helgas love for Arnold, but a lot of episodes focus on Arnold and his friends. I wish that they would bring this show back in Australia.

Hey Arnold is based on Helga's love for Arnold, but a lot of episodes focus on Arnold and his friends.

That cartoon used to be one of my favourite cartoons. Since the show doesn't air anymore in Australia, i dont get the chance to watch it. I just wish that they would bring this show back in Australia.

My favourite character was Helga because she loved Arnold, but she pretended like she hated him.

I really enjoyed watching "Hey Arnold" and i think that anyone who watches it will have a great time.
  • I enjoyed it while I could

7.8
    I was in the fourth grade when this first came out. My dad didn't want me to watch it, even though it was a show about fourth graders. Anyway, now that I've reviewed some of my favorite episodes here's my show review. It was a nutty show, and I was secretly rooting for Helga. It's a shame Nick cancelled it before Arnold could find his parents.
  • A show about a gang of kids in the city.

7.9
    In the show you had Arnold, who was the good kid and everything he did was basically the right thing. You had his best friend Gerald, who would make mistakes and Arnold would always end up fixing them up for him. Then you had Helga who had a secret crush on Arnold. Even though she had a crush on Arnold she never told him about it and always tortured him instead in fear that he might not like her back. Then you had Arnolds grandparents, Arnolds grandparent was all about hardwork and thats how you get through life by working hard. Then his grandma was a little stir crazy who had a few screws loose. It was a great show when I was growing up. I don't think they show it on Nickelodeon anymore.
  • One of the earliest cartoons I remembered

The show was a true gem in quality and I think it is a huge disapointment to see that cartoons like Sanjay & Craig, Tuff Puppy and all the other bad shows on Nick just cant do well like this show did. It proves that Nick did used to be better and more funnier back then.
  • a really good classic cartoon that i miss

hey arnold was a really good classic show i used to watch all time when it was on in the 90s anyway it was about a kid name arnold who lived with his granparents he was a avrage kid that would hang out with his friend jarded and they would sometimes get into trouble and it took place in the city they would do all sorts of things like kids did try to skip school , play baseball with your friends. have trouble with the bully. and help people with problems as well. it was a classic cartoon that nick had going for it.
  • Football head

Hey Arnold!, - Hey Arnold was about a kid who lived in the city in a boarding house with he two grandparents. His parents are in an unknown spot. The show deals with him growing up in the 4th grade and takes story arks with his friends mostly given all of his friends some episode about them. No matter how big or important they were to the plot. One of the main plots dealt with Helga and her love for Arnold. She is left alone daughter of a sales man who really doesnt seem to care for his daughter. All in all the show was funny and one of the best on nickeldeon.
  • A Nickelodeon classic.

"Hey Arnold!" was one of the few surviving goodies currently airing on Nickelodeon. Unlike say, Rocket Power, or The Wild Thornberrys, this show manages to make even the most sincere topics interesting and funny, complete with great artwork. I'd recommend it as second best Nicktoon of the decade. The cartoon is creatively written, wonderfully voice, ingeniously funny, and above all, smart. Today we are shoved with heaps of rubbish kid cartoons, but Hey Arnold could never be catagorized as that. Overall this was a good Nickelodeon show and I wish they still aired new episodes. This show will always be a classic.
  • I never see this show on anymore!!!!

I loved this show, but now I don't see it on T.V. anymore!!!!!!! This show was awsome! I really liked the show and the movie! It is not boring, it's just right for a person like me. I like Arnold the best because he is very nice, and I feel sorry for him because he dosen't have a mom or a dad, but he still tries to live the best life he can live. Good show!
  • The show is about a boy named Arnold who has a football head and lives with his grandparents in New York City. The show follows him around as he and his friends get into trouble and try to solve problems.

The show had its ups and downs but overall, I think it was pretty interesting. All the characters were diverse, and though many of the episodes could stand alone it did have a small plot line that tied all of them together: Helga loves Arnold but she's too afraid to admit it. It also tackles some interesting issues like how much pressure parents put on a child to be adequate and sibling rivalry. Overall, even when it's not always original it still holds the viewer's intrest.
  • Hey Arnold is a pretty good show

Well i don't watch it all the time just when nothing else is one but it is still pretty good i like the granny she is by far the funnyest person ever on Hey Arnould, Arnould himself i don't realy like but i like his friend Gerald. I hate Helga,Cid and Stinky
  • It is a pretty awesome show if you ask me.

The story is basic for this cartoon.Arnold and his friends do mostly some what normal things around this town with his friends.There is also a girl that loves him and pretty well stalks him but she acts like she hates him when shes around him.It really doesn't sound all that interesting does it? but it is!For some odd reason it sucked me into their world.Its preety funny for the most part.Its not as funny as some cartoons on tv but its all good man.The look of the animation kind of bugs me sometimes,but i still like all the charcters.8 years is long enough for a cartoon to run i think.Awesome show!
  • Hey Arnold was a good show. But the only problem I had was Arnold. Arnold was so damn perfect it ticked me off. Arnold was always trying to save the day like he was a superhero.

Hey Arnold was a good show. But the only problem I had was Arnold. Arnold was so damn perfect it ticked me off! Arnold was always trying to save the day like he was a superhero, and if he made a mistake he'll do anything to solve what he did. Remember that whole Arnold/Eugene thing with the fish, the bike and finally Eugene called him a bad luck charm! Arnold in the beginning was a cool calm guy that you'll hang wit, but later on excuse my french, he turned into a p*ssy.
  • football headed kid.

What's with this football headed kid? He's so super freaky! I can't belive helga even likes him one bit.He has the dream boy attiude but not even close for the looks.Put Troy bullton's face on Arnold twek it a bit. So you have the perfect man.Love him for awhile and soon he'll be your boyfriend.He does'nt even play football so why is his head shaped like one? He goes to the freakst school and has the ugliest friends nad family.They should get rid of this show fast before they lose lots of money and fan's. So you can see this show is deffintly not for you and me.
  • Underrated cartoon with an interesting plot

I like this show because it's very amusing to watch and funny at times! With Arnold, the 'perfect' kid with his best friend Gerald, and a girl named Helga who calls him 'football head' and hides her feelings for him, this is without a doubt a great series which stands out from many other 'pre-teen' shows.
  • Awesome show - I watched it all the time

How good as the football shaped headed kid! Arnold was an typical normal kid. He had a big heart and he always gave everyone a chance. (remember the stoop kid?)

He lived with his kind Grandmother and it seemed like he lived with a bunch of animals too.

His friend were great too. Gerald (his best friend with the cool hair) was one of my favourite characters. and Helga who secretly had a crush on Arnold (although it was more like an obsession!)

There were many great shows I watched as a kid, but this was definately close to the top of the pile.
  • Hey Arnold! Your show was great!

A Nicktoon loved by many. Arnold was a character in those fun little Claymation shorts shown in "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" twice and in once "Sesame Street" about imagination. Then the little foot-ball head was brought to Nickelodeon in 1996 and started having his own show there.
  • Good show! Later episodes are better though

I'm not really wild about the older episodes, but the episodes dated 1998-2003 are my fave. The one thing I don't like about this show, is that they're in 4th grade, and they walk around the city by themselves, go to the movies, restaurants, amusement park, by themselves. If I were the creator of this show, I'd make them 12/14 years old, and in middle school. They're WAY too smart for 4th graders. My favorite character is Helga Pataki, with her unibrow and big pink bow. She may be a bully, but she's very witty and has feelings. I also like Grandpa Phil and Grandma Gertie "Pookie." They're very crazy, even though they're in their 80s. (Sorta like Sophia in "The Golden Girls") Mr. Simmons is their very touchy-feely teacher, who is always thinking positive and looking on the bright side, just like Eugene, the schoolyard jinx. Arnold is always trying to help him, (and his other classmates) to get out of jams. Overall, great show, but they should be older!
  • Now this is cool!

I remember Hey Arnold a lot. I remember the days when it was brand new. It somehow reminds me of The Magic School Bus, mostly because there are characters named Arnold and Phoebe.

Anyway, I think Hey Arnold is really funny. Many episodes are really good.

Some of my favorite episodes inclued the episodes with the false fire alarm, the episode with the stoop kid (Actually, the end of the episode was hilarious), the episode where Helga got beaten up by a huge girl (Funny), the episode where Principal Warts got mooned (Hilarious, although I thought Warts was an idiot not to recognize who were the boys that mooned him at once. We know, don't we?), the episode where Harold and Helga got lost after a field trip, the episode with the 'haunted train' (My old time favorite), and the episode with the 'demolition' of the old building (Another old time classic, although somehow, I was on Ernie's side), and so many more I can't name them all.

And yes, I've seen Hey Arnold The Movie in theatres 8 years ago along with The Powerpuff Girls Movie, and Lilo And Stitch. It was awesome, cool, funny and great.

I still think about Hey Arnold now, and sometimes, I try to find my favorite episodes online. It's still cool. Along with the Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life and Spongebob Squarepants.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6