Hey Arnold!

Nickelodeon (ended 2004)

TVTome_Shadow

Hey Arnold! Fan Reviews (176)

• One of the best classic Nicktoon

Hey Arnold! is a much-loved and popular Nicktoon on Nickelodeon. The whole basis of the show is Helga's love for Arnold, but a lot of episodes and storylines focus on Arnold and his friends. Hey Arnold! shows a variety of different characters - even the background characters have 1 or 2 episodes onthemselves. Arnold is a good person and tries to do things right. People at his school seek him for advice and see him as their own advisor.

I think Hey Arnold is one of the best classic cartoon on Nick. I'm so glad that TeenNick brought this show back but it was only for the month of September (same as Rocko's Modern Life). :/ At least I have 9 recordings of it so that I review these episodes next month. I really enjoyed most of the episodes. Before Teen Nick brought it back, the last time I watched Hey Arnold on TV was 2005ish, but I can't remember that much if Nick aired it on that year. I did still remember seeing this show a lot when I was younger before it ended. Now, let's move on the characters. Most of them are very funny. Helga's crush on Arnold is hilarious, yet she can get mean at him and call him football head (which Stewie Griffin from Family Guy had the same head). Gerald, Arnold's grandpa, Ernie, Oskar, and a couple more are funny as well. Overall, I enjoyed this show. I wish TeenNick brought this show back again since they were airing it for only a couple weeks. 10/10

• Just like "Rugrats", this cartoon was my childhood memory and I miss this cartoon very much

Well... remember when Nickelodeon was all about cartoons back then but now they seem to focus on their sitcoms now which isn't bad since some of them are enjoyable BUT you realize how Nickelodeon focused more on airing new episodes of the sitcoms than airing the new episodes of the cartoons. Anyways, "Hey Arnold" was my childhood memories and just like "Rugrats"... I miss this cartoon very much. I watched this cartoon on Netflix to relive my childhood memories and the episodes are still as wonderful as they were as a little kid. This cartoon is also my mom's favorite cartoon to watch and she misses watching this cartoon as well. I remember my mom would always watch this cartoon with me and she has seen every single episode with me as a little kid. The storylines are very creative and the humor is very good. The movie of this show was also epic and just plain hilarious. I own "Hey Arnold! The Movie" on video so I can still watch the movie. Anyways, I have seen every episode and even saw the movie. This cartoon is just so dang good and I miss it so much. Why do out childhood memories have to be canceled. Now, all I have to remember my childhood is "SpongeBob SquarePants" and "The Fairly OddParents", I only have those two to help me out especially SpongeBob. Overall, this is a cartoon that I wish was still on the air right now and "Hey Arnold!" is definitely in my top 5 greatest Nickelodeon cartoons. 10/10

• "One of my Favorite Cartoons Next to South Park"

I love this cartoon more than Rugrats. It's a great show. My favorite episodes are Helga's Makeover, Harold's Kitty, Ms. Perfect, Rhonda's Glasses, Hall Monitor, What's Opera, Arnold?, Helga vs. Big Patty, Arnold's Room, Curly Snaps,Preteen Scream, Arnold Betrays Iggy, Hey Harold!, Cool Party, Arnold's Thanksgiving, Helga's Show, The Flood, Girl Trouble, school play, student teacher, new teacher, jamie o in love, dinner for four, Phoebe skips, egg story, it girl, deconstructing Arnold, grudge match, polishing rhonda, Helga sleepwalks, helga of the couch, buses,bikes, and sudways, helga'smasquerade, bis sis, new bully on the block, phoebe breaks a leg, summer love, beaned, April fools day, curly's girl, eugene, eugene, A Day in the Life of a Classroom, ghost bride, and phoebe's little problem.My favorite characters are Arnold, Helga, Gerald, Curly, Phoebe andGrandpa Phil

• This was a good show, very good in my opinion.

This show was really good, when it was out. This show had everything at the time: a good plot and it did not have to rely on stupid humor to be a good show. This show did not have to be anything funny or have no sense to get its point across. The show had good morales and great characters like Pigeon Man and Arnold himself.

I just did not like the fact that Arnold seemed to be uptight about everything. It just was something I did not like.

I also think that some of the later episodes were not as good, because of the Lila character wasn't that likable for my tastes.
  • Remake Hey Arnold! in HD with new seasons!

Really. You see all these positive reviews, Nick? That's supposed to be REALLY GOOD. You can help this generation of growing kids. Don't expose them to crap shows. Because i'd hate to see the kids 20 years from now say "Oh my god remember Haunted Hathaways? That was the shit! Not the crap we have these days!" Have them say what we said. "Hey Arnold was the shit! Not the crap we have these days!"

• One of the last great kids' shows we had, Hey Arnold was great for grown-ups too! :-)

I love Hey Arnold. I am a grown, married woman, and I have no shame in admitting it lol I once loved cartoons, animated shows in general. Hey Arnold was one of the last animated shows.

Programs for kids these days are too sophisticated or just too complicated. I loved watching Arnold and Gerald running about the neighborhood. Yes, they had problems to solve and some of it could be serious at times, but it wasn't like the whole world was balanced on their shoulders. Helga was the best! She bullied Arnold, which I think he might have secretly liked, just a little, but inside she loved him with all her heart. It was hilarious.

The characters on Hey Arnold were all fantastic. Arnold's grandparents were so funny, as well as the boarders who lived in their house. I think this is just one of the best shows they made and I miss it. I sometimes watch episodes online. I was happy to see that TeenNick will be adding Hey Arnold to it's late night schedule.

In my opinion, Hey Arnold is one of the BEST cartoons ever made, and I'll never get tired of it.

• Great Cartoon

Hey Arnold was one of my favorite cartoons when I was younger. And I still enjoy watching it whenever it comes on, but its very occasional. But the kids in the show never acted their age. The were all 9-11 year olds but sometimes they act like teens. Still a great show though. My favorite characters were Arnold and Gerald. My least favorite were Oscar and Harold. I hated them. I think they should still air this show on Nickelodeon. It is a lot better than most of the cartoons they have now. Hey Arnold really is a classic. Bring it back Nickleodeon!
  • Good show.

Hey Arnold is a good show and is really relaxing show. I think that the characters are really enjoyable and can be very interesting in their own ways which makes it so good. Also I really enjoy the music in the show especially the ending theme it just shows how cool Arnold can be. I think that this show was a great edition to the Nicktoon classics so if you like the 90's nick you would probably like this too!
  • Why can't they make classic kid shows like this nowadays?

Hey Arnold! is a show that makes me feel sorry for the kids of today, as they never got to experience classics like this. Instead they are stuck with shows and movies such as; Hannah Montana, High School Musical and iCarly, which, in my opinion, has a lack of charm that I was lucky enough to experience in my childhood. Hey Arnold! is a cartoon that I will never be too old for. With characters such as; Anrold, Helga, Grampa and Granma and Gerald what's not to love about this show?! This cartoon was able to be both entertaining and sentimental, a rare achievement for any kid's show to even understand nowadays!

I miss this show, and it exsisted during the era that Nickelodeon was at its best, with a line-up involving; Kenan and Kel, As told by Ginger, Rugrats and the Wild Thornberrys. If only cartoons like this were still around for children now...
  • Now this is cool!

I remember Hey Arnold a lot. I remember the days when it was brand new. It somehow reminds me of The Magic School Bus, mostly because there are characters named Arnold and Phoebe.

Anyway, I think Hey Arnold is really funny. Many episodes are really good.

Some of my favorite episodes inclued the episodes with the false fire alarm, the episode with the stoop kid (Actually, the end of the episode was hilarious), the episode where Helga got beaten up by a huge girl (Funny), the episode where Principal Warts got mooned (Hilarious, although I thought Warts was an idiot not to recognize who were the boys that mooned him at once. We know, don't we?), the episode where Harold and Helga got lost after a field trip, the episode with the 'haunted train' (My old time favorite), and the episode with the 'demolition' of the old building (Another old time classic, although somehow, I was on Ernie's side), and so many more I can't name them all.

And yes, I've seen Hey Arnold The Movie in theatres 8 years ago along with The Powerpuff Girls Movie, and Lilo And Stitch. It was awesome, cool, funny and great.

I still think about Hey Arnold now, and sometimes, I try to find my favorite episodes online. It's still cool. Along with the Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life and Spongebob Squarepants.
  • Probably one of the best shows that have ever aired.

Hey Arnold was a great show.

It was funny, entertaining, and at the end of the show, it always taught good morals; though as a child, you may or may not understand it the first time. Anyways, I absolutely adored this show. It showed real world problems, like having an alcoholic mother, an abusive childhood, being ignored, etc. This was back when Nick had real balls; an example would be the episode with Hitler and the war.

I don't watch shows on Nick anymore considering that it's all slop. Same for Cartoon Network. Like honestly, who puts shows with real people on a network for CARTOONS? Anyways, I still watch Hey Arnold, and I'm honestly curious to see what happens.

As for Nick, it's a shame to see them throw away such a great cartoon. Can't believe they chose to throw that other movie in besides the "Jungle Movie". The Jungle Movie would have been a bigger hit considering how you finally see his parents, learn his last name, and see the progression with Helga as Arnold had finally decided to reply to Helga's confession.
  • Best Nickelodeon's 90s Cartoon Ever

Hey Arnold! is about 9 year old Arnold who lives in a city with his unusual grandparents. He lives in a boarding house with other people who like his family. He has a cool best friend named Gerald, an unlucky boy named Eugene, a bully named Harold, a Southern boy named Stinky, and a "lead-in" friend named Sid. Helga is the girl that hates Arnold, but actually loves him. Her best friend is Phoebe, who is actually intelligent and they're also friends with peacemaker Sheena. Also there's the "it girl" named Rhonda and her nature loving friend, Nadine and Lila the sweetest girl in the show. Arnold is caring, kind, and a dreamer. Hey Arnold! is one of the only cartoons that you can actually relate to. It doesn't just focuses on Arnold; it focuses on his classmates too. It focuses on real issue like crushes, school, family, etc.

Pros: Funny jokes; creative plots; unique characters; great music ; stunning animation

Cons: Didn't have a proper conclusion.

Overall, Hey Arnold! is hilarious, smart, sad, and interesting. The first two seasons were great, but the last three seasons were the best. Also they didn't used older people to voice the kids, they actually used real kids. It is one of the best Nickelodeon cartoons ever.

• A city boy lives his grandma and grandpa in a boarding house.

Craig Barrlet is a fricken' genius! This was one of my favorite cartoons to watch as a child. The entire serious was funny, sad, and both. It should have kept on going. The movie was great, most people didn't like it because they said it wasn't funny enough, it was an ACTION MOVIE! It reminded me of one. It was epic and adventurous. I only wish they could have made the sequel where Arnold finds his parents in the jungle. That would have been the greatest series finale ever. but it never happened. Oh well. hey Arnold was one of the best nicktoon series ever. 10/10 no doubt.
  • I love this show,it has all that a cartoon could want great characters,and great stories.

I have all the seasons on DVD and love all of them from start to finish this show never disappointed me in any way. The cast of characters are funny and enduring.

The show was very good at getting it's point across with out being heavy handed in the moral department, plus it was nice to see a neighborhood like this that was simple even with the bustling city surrounding it.

The show is just plain fun to watch and with heartfelt moments in just about every episode, to me this is a show that can be enjoyed by kids and adults.

So if you can buy the DVD's and watch them, with your family and enjoy

• Best Nicktoon EVAR!

After catching up on Hey Arnold! on Youtube, I might say this has quality equal, if not superior than the likes of Spongebob, or Invader Zim.

It's about a neighborhood in the Big City, (Forgot the name, sorry) and the kids having several adventures of breaking world records, winning bike races, new kids, and other things kids have to handle or try.

Arnold is the nicest kid you'll ever meet, who never gives up on anything, and thinks about every solution. Gerald is his best freind who reluctantly tags along, and loves hanging out with kids playing baseball and stuff. Helga is the most interesting character out of all the kids. She is a tomboy and a bully who is impatient and hates Arnold, but yet loves him as well. Harold is a bully with a sensitive soft spot, who is hungry 24/7. (I'm hungry 24/7 too) There's also like 10 other kids, but I don't want to spoil who they are, or their personalities. You'll have to find that out. Oh yeah, and there's also a boarding house where Arnold and his grandparents live, and other crazy people, like a con-artist, a demolition expert, and more.

Now the episode plots might seem dull and average, but they take the stories and use them for comedic relief, and telling kids, not every urban legend is real, there's always a solution, and other wonderful lessons without preaching them too far. The stories can get goofy and zany, but not too much it's not enjoyable or unrelatable.

I could go on for hours, and I still wouldn't have been finished.

10 out of 10.

• Amazing show, football head.

Ok, So this is a show about a boy named Arnold who lives in an Apartment building with his grandparents, a very Crazy gramda, and a almost normal grandpa. Arnold and his friends/neighbors/schoolmates always get into some sort of trouble in each episode. These people consist of Helga(arnolds secret admierer), Harold, Eugine, Sid, Stinky, Pheobe, And many others. Even though Hey Arnold may be a "old show" to some viewers out there, I still think it was an amazing show for its time. not to mention the variety and attitudes of characters. Overall I think Hey Arnold was a grat show.
    -PirateChowder
  • An Awesome show!

i used to think that 'Hey Arnold' was a good tooties show. But i guess when you're grown up and wake up at 6 am to go to school and watch this show its actually very humorous. I mean their jokes are really funny and at least they dont try too hard to be funny like lame shows these days: Hannah Montana, The Replacements etc. I think that this show has drama, comedy and friendship in it. there were some episodes i couldnt stand. you know, when they werent showing arnold. like this show is called 'Hey Arnold'. Not 'Hey Helga' or 'Hey Gerald' etc. Anyway, its a nice show :)
  • a really good classic cartoon that i miss

hey arnold was a really good classic show i used to watch all time when it was on in the 90s anyway it was about a kid name arnold who lived with his granparents he was a avrage kid that would hang out with his friend jarded and they would sometimes get into trouble and it took place in the city they would do all sorts of things like kids did try to skip school , play baseball with your friends. have trouble with the bully. and help people with problems as well. it was a classic cartoon that nick had going for it.
  • Football head

Hey Arnold!, - Hey Arnold was about a kid who lived in the city in a boarding house with he two grandparents. His parents are in an unknown spot. The show deals with him growing up in the 4th grade and takes story arks with his friends mostly given all of his friends some episode about them. No matter how big or important they were to the plot. One of the main plots dealt with Helga and her love for Arnold. She is left alone daughter of a sales man who really doesnt seem to care for his daughter. All in all the show was funny and one of the best on nickeldeon.
  • Only have 4 words to say!

I only have 4 words to say: MOVE IT, FOOTBALL HEAD!
  • Best Show Ever

Hey Arnold! is the best Nickelodeon show ever. Unlike other cartoons,. this is more realistic. The jokes witty and hilarious, amazing animation, and cool plots. The characters are diverse and unique in their own way. There will be no Nicktoon like this because it's unique. It would be cool if they made a second movie. This show has everything; from adventure to romance, from comedy to drama. Also it's one of those cartoons that will make you cry. (I did). Overall, it's the best show ever.
  • I Miss this show so much

This is one of the greatest shows from my childhood. I loved it. I didn't get all the jokes but the episodes were great. Almost every single character in this show was good. Almost every episode was. It is a great shame that this show was suddenly canceled, and it is a greater shame it is never aired where I live anymore. I loved this show as a child, and I am quite sure if it were still on for me, even if just by re-runs, that I would continue liking it.

One of the best cartoons ever. 10. Perfect
  • One of the coolest cartoons in the world!

I think "Hey Arnold" is a very special cartoon. I grew up watching Hey Arnold. It is romance and comedy together. Arnold is a good advisor, good friend and good guy at all. Show's more about Arnold's friends and classmates than himself. About Helga's hidden love for Arnold, about Arnold's missing parents, his granpa and grandma and his school, including the teachers. It's a classic and absolutely fabulous cartoon show!
  • This show was the best cartoon of the 90's (even though i liked all shows from 90's nick not including Ren and Stimpy.)I can't believe Craig Bartlett abandoned his best show ever!

This show was awesome!!!!!!!!!! Here is my Review on Hey! Arnold (in a scale from 1-10)

plot/summary-10 The plot to this show is awesome!every episode had a good and entertaining story behind them.

comedy- 9.9 The comedy was really funny,and i personally think that Helga makes this show funny.

Theme song- 10 a nice and funky theme song.

romance-10 Im so into the Helga/Arnold love/hate relationship

action/adventure 2.9 This show was a really good series except this show is not a action/adventure type.Sorry Hey! Arnold.

Overall-10. This show was just simply amazing! This show is about a brave and courageous man named who goes on funny adventures with his pals and has a crush on a girl named Lila.But Helga a girl sorta hates,but loves Arnold,but except never emitted it until Hey! Arnold the movie
  • one of the best cartoons of the 90's

Hey Arnold! was one of my favorite shows growing up. This show about a football-heading kid in the fourth grade with the maturity of a 40-year old was so funny. Arnold lives with his quite odd yet loving grandparents in their boarding house. the reason this show was so successful wasnt just because of a great main character but because there were so many great supporting characters. Grandpa, Grandma, Harold, Stinky, Sid, Brainy, Curly, Nadine, Rhonda, eugene, ernie, mr. hynn, oscar and susie, lila, Big Patty, Mr. Green the butcher, Bob and Muriel Patacki, Stoop Kid, and many more. the best of these supporting characters has to be Helga Patacki a mean girl with a talent for poetry and a secret burning passion for Arnold, Phoebe, Helga's brilliantly sweet friend and sidkick, Mr. Simmons the peace loving nurturing 4th grade teacher at PS 118, and Gerald, Arnold's cool smooth best friend. these characters combined with years of hilarious storylines made one of the best shows of the 90's.
  • classic!!

Hey Arnold was a classic nick show & it should still be airing. there also should've been a 2nd movie! i've been wondering what Arnold's last name was & what happened to his parents.*sigh* i guess at this point i'll never know:( this was a show that anybody can relate to.the newer shows on nick cant compare to this! you can actually lol at the jokes in this show unlike all the shows that're on nick now which arent funny at all. i miss the 90s so much cuz all the shows that were shown then were more mature, had better jokes, & better storylines.so, that's he end of this review.
  • One of the best Nicktoons ever

This was back when cartoons were great. Hey Arnold was a show that had it all, comedy, drama, and love. Like every show, when Hey Arnold fist aired it got okay ratings. But then, Hey Arnold started airing more and more episodes and the ratings went up! Hey Arnold was a cartoon that brought me back to the screen everyday even to watch re-runs. The show had very interesting characters such as Helga, the girl with the angry outside but a soft and gentle inside. Another great character was Phoebe. She was quiet and smart yet insane. One of the best plots in this show was Helga's crush on Arnold. This made me laugh every time she met up with Arnold. She would him "Football Head" and other names. Then, Arnold would leave and Helga would sigh and poetically express her feelings toward Arnold. This cartoon was fantastic and it was sad to see it come to an end.
  • Well it is!

Hey Arnold! was the show that I think kept Nick's high ratings. At it's piont in time, it was just an expirment for Nick, near the return of the hit show Rugrats. At first, like any first show, it got some okay ratings. But in 1997, the year Rugrats came back with a very different cartoon style, Hey Arnold! was evolving into the biggest show on Nick! It was the biggest show till 2000, a year where more Nick shows were coming out. Hey Arnold was the show that made me want to watch evry day, and I think it is one of the best cartoons of the 90's and early 00's.

isud12
  • So Nostalgic!

This was on during the golden age of Nickalodeon. Its a show that can be told to future children. Its a hall of fame cartoon that everyone knows about.
  • This is by far the greatest cartoon to ever be aired on Nickelodeon.

You see, what separates Hey Arnold! from most cartoons, is it's characters. Usually there are two to four main characters and maybe five to eight side characters, none of which get a whole lot of attention. In Hey Arnold!, you had an entire neighborhood of characters each with at least one episode that showed you who they were. They're background, personality, struggles, and overall triumph. Where else do you see that? And Arnold was such a sweetie, you couldn't not like him. This show deserves far more attention than it gets, that's for sure.

Also, Helga's huge secret crush on Arnold was the funniest thing ever.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6